More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 00:56:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  Jul "More Awful Than You": Most Offensive Story Or Movie!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Jul "More Awful Than You": Most Offensive Story Or Movie!  (Read 173560 times)
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
Re: Jul "More Awful Than You": Most Offensive Story Or Movie!
« Reply #25 on: 2007 July 03, 11:32:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy shit, I think that Columbine story might be a contender for the winner. I couldn't even finish reading it. WTF.

What really puts that one in the winner (loser) category is the gratuitous use of MS Paint effects and the strange idea that putting conversation cues in parentheses is clever or appropriate. (Said Lorelei to the MATY forum, exasperatedly.)

The completely unrealistic carnage as depicted by blobbing flat red streaks on the photos is really far more offensive aesthetically to me than the storyline. Also? The scanner "recoloured" as a weapon by blacking it out. Hell, I'm not even into recreating tragedies for fun and PROFIT! The Exchange, but a quick search found me approximately three dozen gun objects for Sims 2.

The luser obviously is reveling in his/her 12ness, and slapping a "gee, sorry you victim guys and stuff, this is really done as a sensitive tribute to your memories!" tag onto the story does not successfully hide that it was really an excuse to MSPaint a scanner into a 'gun', slap MSPaint blood on everyone, and to be half-assed about actually telling a story that has any emotional impact beyond "WTF? You're 12, GTFOTI!".

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
seanachai
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 July 03, 12:26:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The luser obviously is reveling in his/her 12ness, and slapping a "gee, sorry you victim guys and stuff, this is really done as a sensitive tribute to your memories!" tag onto the story does not successfully hide that it was really an excuse to MSPaint a scanner into a 'gun', slap MSPaint blood on everyone, and to be half-assed about actually telling a story that has any emotional impact beyond "WTF? You're 12, GTFOTI!".

Yeah, so after this I HAD to go back and read this. WTF. It's not only offensive and unnecessary, but totally fug.

And it has no bearing on the actual events that took place, either. Who are these people? Preschool in NY, what?

Also:

As a dog comes he notice 2 Trench Coat on the floor of the school grounds .

(IT'S RED BECAUSE IT'S DOG VISION, PEOPLE!!!)

That when the dog was sencing something bad was happening .

Huh

Is this the actual still from the footage? Or was this made in the Sims 1?

WTF.

Thank to this awsom cast to make it look real and acting great .

-God bless all they say

Upcoming Sims Movie Story

The Fantastic 4 (Revenge of Gallactous )

"From the award-winning director of the Columbine High School tragedy ... comes a story of four superheroes!"
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2007 July 03, 12:52:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gah! My brain!

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 July 03, 13:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, so after this I HAD to go back and read this. WTF. It's not only offensive and unnecessary, but totally fug.

WTF.

YEAH, right there....the "gun" and "blood" are the marks of High Art for sure.

("Dog vision"! Roffle! Actually dog vision = human vision at dusk, not SCREAMING RED. Duh.)

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 July 03, 19:58:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The columbine story would have offended me just in terms of the writing alone (there's a reason speech marks were invented kids) even without the content matter. I completely agree with Lorelei. It's a tasteless tactless MSpaint mess. eurgh.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 July 03, 21:01:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the contest is over.

Fail.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 July 03, 23:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although it pains me to do it, I nominate Lorelei as a judge because she seems to be able to comment on these excressences without vomiting.

Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 July 04, 10:45:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rohina, you are SO off my holiday card list.

I don't mind judging, with one major caveat that may make my judgeship invalid: I am on dial-up. I cannot see any videos. Or, technically, I could, but after waiting several hours for one to (partially) load would render me unfit to do anything but say "it suxxors, I want those two hours of my life back". This also means I do not get to see talented people's stuff (sill bummed about missing out on Brynne's goodies, actually) and thus have no basis of comparison. Note that I get black screens of doom with audio when I try to shoot vids myself.

Maybe someone with a faster-than-dialup connection (that'd be anyone else, really) can poke sticks at simfilms while I tackle the excrescence that is still image "story telling"?

I'm just sayin'.

Otherwise all my suxxor nominees will be unfairly weighted towards suxxor stills.

Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 July 04, 11:05:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have a video nomination, but I'm not sure if it's really 'deserving' of being here if it's actually just a recreation of a music video. Even if it is, however, I find the whole concept of it to be rather. . . uhhh, ridiculous and offensive.

Beautiful, Part 2 - Song: I Believe in Love by the Dixie Chicks

So the premise of the video is that a woman is raped by a common thug and has his baby. However, the rapist comes back and watches her raising his son and then just shows up one day and they become one big happy family. The fact that a rapist could just show up one day and 'claim' his family while it's being sung to a song about love just appalls me.

If (like I said earlier) it's just actually a recreation of this video or whatnot, feel free to ignore me entirely.

Warning!   If the subject of rape in any way disturbs or bothers you, do not watch this video, and certainly don't read the comments to it. It's not graphic, but I feel I should warn anyone uncomfortable with such content.

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 July 04, 12:39:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... aka: have a baby, babies will sane EVERYTHING. Children are the ONLY important thing that may happen: rape, violence, everything became of no importance, in front of children births.

...I think I have to puke...  Lips sealed

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
karlynn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 July 04, 12:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh for the love of...  I think that the comments may actually be the most frigtening part of that video.  My favorite was when someone said that the fact she invites the guy who raped her in for dinner was unrealistic and the maker of video responded with : "thats the twist of the story. it happens in reality. ".  Shudder.

Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2007 July 04, 13:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"That happens in reality"  Huh

Right. Hmm.

Gee, you've just attacked me, I'm bruised, torn, denigrated and traumatized. What shall we do while we wait for the police to drag your bum ass to jail? I know, I can whip up a roast! I can do those little potato crips you like..and how about crepes for dessert? I think I have some fresh fruit...

Bah.

If that's reality, it's a world I don't think I want to know about.

In other words, only with serious whining, kicking, and screaming will I be forced to read/watch the submissions for this contest.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
ieliminate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 July 04, 14:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the hell? That video was creepy. So let me get this straight: Dude rapes Gigantic Chin Girl. She has a kid (just like every other sim rape story). Dude randomly hugs kid. She is pissed. They have dinner. They smustle and all the emotional trauma goes away.

That does not happen in real life. At least I've never heard about it.

I also tried to go back and read the Columbine story again, I just can't do it, I have failed.
seanachai
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 July 04, 15:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WHAT
THE
HELL

That was the most horrible thing I've ever seen. URGHUHGUHKJHKGH. I can't believe somebody made that.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2007 July 04, 16:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure that that video violates the terms of use for youtube, but frankly, I'm not game to watch to find out. I can't bring myself to flag it no matter how much glorifying rape disgusts me, without having seen it first.

Fucking conscience!

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Iolanthe
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 July 04, 16:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I'm all for free speech, but some of these people need to be smacked.  Honestly.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 July 04, 16:39:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm confused.  Huh  This isn't a recreation of the music video for this song is it? Is it a recreation of a video to another song maybe?

As far as I can tell "I Believe In Love" doesn't have a music video. It was originally played for a 9/11 celebrity telethon thing.

No, the Dixie Chicks would never make a video like that -- after all, this is the same band who made a song and video called "Goodbye Earl' about an abused wife killing her husband and disposing of the body.  Don't seem to be the type to make a 'he raped me and now we're a happy family' video/song.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Baron
Tyyppi
Horrible Halfwit

Even more arrows in knees!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 July 04, 19:22:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that video sure was something... What's the message of that story anyway? Get raped and you'll be happy? Gah, I think my brain just broke.

Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 July 04, 19:27:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that video sure was something... What's the message of that story anyway? Get raped and you'll be happy? Gah, I think my brain just broke.

Apparently the theme is that if you get raped, you'll be perfectly fine as long as you have a baby. If you don't, then you're fucked (both literally and figuratively).  Angry

I'm pretty sure that that video violates the terms of use for youtube, but frankly, I'm not game to watch to find out. I can't bring myself to flag it no matter how much glorifying rape disgusts me, without having seen it first.

Fucking conscience!

The horrible part about it (beyond the obvious) is that they actually did quite a good job of portraying the trauma that rape induces. The only thing that ruined it completely was the ending. If it was just a shit video, it wouldn't have been worth being nominated. However, side from some technical issues, the video was (in my opinion) actually put together quite well, which just makes the contents that much worse.
« Last Edit: 2007 July 04, 19:37:27 by Denimjo » Logged

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
seanachai
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 July 04, 19:57:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided to see what else this genius has produced.

Here's one set to Jewel's "These Foolish Games": http://youtube.com/watch?v=s5O50-I19pA

It features more push-ups sex, plus a sword fight between a wife and her naked husband. I love the fact that the wife is this lily-white redhead and the evil slut he is cheating on her with his is, of course, black.

This is just ... ridiculously silly drivel: http://youtube.com/watch?v=HdxOYye1hak

I'm so amused that when they are roasting marshmallows you can see her start to catch fire right at the last minute. And OMG, the fairy dancing at the end. WHAT.

This is the great director by the way: http://tyropark.multiply.com/
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 July 04, 20:24:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did anyone else think that the woman from the 'ever so tasteful' rape video looked like one of the blue meanies from yellow submarine, just dyed pink?

EDIT:
I has an offering too... "The Hills Have Eyes" as you've never seen it before, nor want to see it again.
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=115099&asset_type=story&user_id=1804721
« Last Edit: 2007 July 04, 20:31:47 by eevilcat » Logged

Berg
Dimwitted Dunce

I ARE 2 BLAME 4 HUR TYPOES!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2007 July 04, 21:09:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I has an offering too... "The Hills Have Eyes" as you've never seen it before, nor want to see it again.

Jen:"Help! mom has been raped!"
Jon:"By who?"
Jen:"A Mutant!"

Sounds like Ed Wood was responsible for the script of that one  Grin

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 July 04, 22:26:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I've lost the count of rapes somewhere in the middle of the story. Someone please can briefly supply the rape/mutants rate? The guy who went to toilet and got burned alive somehow distracted me from the main plot.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 July 04, 23:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel I should add this one just for the WTF factor and for encouraging the little ones to add the reaper to the family The rocky horror show, with aliens and grim doing the time warp...

From the Hills have eyes story:
But then Bill went to The bathroom and got burnt.
tee hee
« Last Edit: 2007 July 05, 00:22:09 by jemjie » Logged

ISTP
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 July 05, 00:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I've lost the count of rapes somewhere in the middle of the story. Someone please can briefly supply the rape/mutants rate? The guy who went to toilet and got burned alive somehow distracted me from the main plot.

There was a plot?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: