More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:43:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Uni+LS Career LTWs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Uni+LS Career LTWs  (Read 96040 times)
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Uni+LS Career LTWs
« Reply #25 on: 2007 July 17, 16:08:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For TS2Seasons+Uni ONLY.  Do not use in any other version of the game. Don't even think about trying it.

Forgive what may be a dumb question, but does this mean you need Uni OR Seasons, or is it for Uni AND Seasons only?

Or to put it another way, I don't have Seasons and am wondering whether this will work.

EDIT:   OK, re-read the thing again.  My interpretation is now Seasons+Uni implies one needs both.  Correct?
« Last Edit: 2007 July 17, 16:14:30 by jolrei » Logged

Tribulatio proxima est
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 July 17, 21:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.

INFP or something
Alie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 July 17, 21:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I've now fulfilled two LS career LTWs and they do not grant perma-plat NOR did they roll off the sim once want was achieved.  Functionality of LTW = LOW.

I toggled it on with the lot debugger, but then had to manually reroll.  Felt cheaty.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 August 12, 12:28:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Needing to report the same thing as the previous post.

Reaching the top of the entertainment career does not satisfy the corresponding LTW.  Unsure about game development.

Pescado, please fix!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 August 12, 17:44:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Investigating: Does this bug occur if you try to satisfy them in LS? It might be potentially related to the fact that LS career LTWs have no corresponding memory, perhaps causing the LTW code to barf.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 August 12, 20:31:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't have LS so can't check this for you.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 August 12, 20:40:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will continue investigating why this doesn't trigger. Also, death to all Nesses.

UPDATE: Caused by LS careers lacking top memories. Fabricated one, since they never existed in the original LS game either, so probably didn't work there, either. Death to all Nesses.
« Last Edit: 2007 August 15, 21:48:36 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 September 03, 16:39:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think there is some sort of conflict with the new LTW memories for life stories careers : one of my sims (LTW business tycoon) shows a strange memory : the name is for slacker, the icon is for entertainment (life stories) but the one you have when you expand the memory is business (the career she actually maxed). I can provide a screenshot if it helps. Later she maxed athletics (LTW) and the memory is correct. Her husband maxed criminal (LTW) and the memory is correct.

« Last Edit: 2007 September 03, 21:51:15 by pioupiou » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 September 03, 18:47:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do so now.

SimKristen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 September 13, 18:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it says only for Uni and Seasons, but I gave it a try with BV installed. I'm not using the LS careers -- I only wanted the Uni careers back as LTWs, so I only downloaded and installed uni_ltws_sns.zip. When one of the uni careers is rolled as a LTW, the career name doesn't display. Instead, the LTW says "reach top of $careerTrack career."

The only other hacks I have installed are two of your BV fixes --  the tour guides and the orchard trees patches.

Anyway, just wanted to mention the problem that I'm seeing. 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 September 14, 03:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need ltwvariety for the BHAV that disables the missing wants.

SimKristen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 September 14, 23:44:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I don't know how I missed that requirement.  Embarrassed  It seems to be working fine now with all expansion and stuff packs installed.

You need ltwvariety for the BHAV that disables the missing wants.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 October 04, 11:41:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone confirm that having these mods in their game cannot, will not and does not, prevent LTW satisfaction from occuring when a Sim reaches the top of the Law Enforcement career?

A Sim in my game had the Law Enforcement career LTW, reached the top of the career and did not receive platinum status. I'd like to exclude these mods for certainty before I go searching for whatever might be the culprit - oh, and I do have the latest versions.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 October 04, 15:03:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone confirm that having these mods in their game cannot, will not and does not, prevent LTW satisfaction from occuring when a Sim reaches the top of the Law Enforcement career?

A Sim in my game had the Law Enforcement career LTW, reached the top of the career and did not receive platinum status. I'd like to exclude these mods for certainty before I go searching for whatever might be the culprit - oh, and I do have the latest versions.

I have a sim close to Captain Hero status with that LTW.  If you wait a couple of days, I can report back.  I'm certainly hoping she goes permaplat.  All that skilling when she could have been in the pool.

Tribulatio proxima est
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 October 04, 22:29:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. Of course now I'm in two minds. It would be really convenient if these mods are the problem, Pescado would just fix them (he's no EA), but I also don't want your Sim to have to miss out on its LTW. I'll keep an eye on this thread for your update.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 October 05, 04:07:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. Of course now I'm in two minds. It would be really convenient if these mods are the problem, Pescado would just fix them (he's no EA), but I also don't want your Sim to have to miss out on its LTW. I'll keep an eye on this thread for your update.

Oh, is no real problem.  The sim will get to the top of her career.  If she gets platinum status, then we know something.  If she doesn't, then I have the same problem as you and we learn something else (like this is not just random).  Either way, something's gonna happen.  If she does not get platinum when she reaches what should be her LTW, I can always cheat her permaplat status via Insim - after all, technically she will have earned it.  Whether she gets the memory or not, I don't know, but I can add that with SimPE as well.  Whatever happens I'll report.

It just occurs to me that when BV was first loaded and I attached my play hoods, there was one sim male who was already permaplat that started going down to gold and then to green asp level again.  I thought that was odd, exited without saving, and looked him up in SimPE.  He seemed to check out OK so I didn't save anything there.  When I went back into the game, I had to boost him to maximum aspiration level (not permaplatinum, just maxing the aspiration bar), and it stayed there (no further deterioration).  Never happened to any other sim (so far) in my game.

Tribulatio proxima est
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 October 05, 12:52:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Lot Debugger also has an option to make a sim permaplat (or not -- it's a toggle).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 October 09, 13:46:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For what it's worth, here's the update as promised - took all weekend due to a bad result on a chance card, but she made it to the top of the law enforcement career.  Captain Hero at last!

She did get her LTW and permaplatinum status, as normal.  So, at least in my game, which has only awesome and other BV updated hacks in, this is working properly.  I hope this helps.

Tribulatio proxima est
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 October 09, 14:53:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the Sim who didn't in my game has one son with the same LTW and he got his just tonight, so it must just have been that one Sim - wierd. Thanks for the update.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 October 12, 04:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have BV, LTWvariety, this hack, but NOT the life stories careers.  I'm not getting the uni LTWs to come up at all...  is something messed up, or is this just completely and utterly random?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 October 12, 05:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably a factor of poor sim interests and lack of Dead Nesses.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 October 12, 06:14:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How will more dead Nesses improve my sims' LTWs?

Is there a run down on the personality traits/aspirations/interests required to get the uni LTWs?  If I can locate a sim that should be able to get one of them and check, will be easier to find out if it's just sadorandomness or something's not working.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 October 12, 06:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How will more dead Nesses improve my sims' LTWs?
More dead Nesses improves EVERYTHING. Why not come join Tradewars? We need MOAR DEAD NESSES.

Is there a run down on the personality traits/aspirations/interests required to get the uni LTWs?  If I can locate a sim that should be able to get one of them and check, will be easier to find out if it's just sadorandomness or something's not working.
It's in the LTWvariety thread.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 October 12, 06:27:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Time constraints don't allow me to join tradewars this time round.  You should have started two weeks ago, or wait 8 weeks, and then I'll be fine.

Found the list.

Using a popularity sim to check...

Personality: Neat=5; Outgoing=5; Active=7; Playful=3; Nice=7.

From the list, the relevant uni LTWs are:
Cult Leader: Asp(Popularity|Knowledge) AND Paranormal >= 700
Icon: Asp(Popularity|Pleasure|Romance) AND Outgoing >= 300 Entertainment >= 700 AND Culture >= 400
Visionary: Asp(Romance|Popularity) AND Culture >= 500

She has the relevant outgoingness required.
Interests in Paranormal=8; Entertainment=9; Culture=8

She should qualify for all three, but the only LTWs I can get coming up are: 20 best friends, Become captain hero, own 5 top level businesses, become media magnate, become the law and become celebrity chef.  Yes, I have cycled through them all.

Something's definitely screwy, where should I start looking?
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 October 12, 22:42:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just want to add that the recent update seems to have fixed the problems I was having.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: