More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 16:52:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  L&P: Bug Deadpool
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: L&P: Bug Deadpool  (Read 71531 times)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: L&P: Bug Deadpool
« Reply #25 on: 2007 June 12, 09:46:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We should have a separate pool for amusing Insim conflicts.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2007 June 13, 23:33:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your kid sims will be unable to escape hugs from the MASCOTS OF DOOM - they will get stuck and end up dying a sad and miserable death while their parents look on in horror.

AAARRRGHHH!!

If we're going for re-runs of bugs or "features" from The Sims: Vacation, my vote is for the UK version of the game having NO NAMES OR DESCRIPTIONS for more than half of the new included items. This was the joyous bug that those of us who bought The Sims: On Holiday got, until DaveH fixed it so our games used the US English names. It was semi-fixed by Unleashed, but not completely. 

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2007 June 14, 13:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They'll fix the screaming babies in Seasons p3 and break it again in this exp. Roll Eyes

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 June 16, 03:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I boldly (?) predict the return of the infamous "jump" bug.

Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 June 16, 08:36:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New transportation introduced to get Sims from home to holiday spot will conflict with owned vehicles or overlay maid vans or exterminator vans already at house.

Game will not properly handle pet/child vacation-taking.

Items purchased on holiday will bork OFB inventory for business owners.

Babies will start crying inconsolably again.

Relationships made with Sims in holiday hoods will cause Mystery Sim blank wants and fears once they return home.

Weather will borkinate on holiday lots, regardless of default setting, leading to non-winter seasons in winter hood, non-fall seasons in camping hood, and non-spring weather in Asian hood.

There will be more ugly non-fuctional decoratives like giant bear log statue, and fewer interesting decorative items like dragon rooftoppers. The latter will break when people attempt to add them to downloaded Asian-style houses.

Roofs will not keep out weather in holiday hoods.

Return of the blue flashing accessories, and EAxian accessories will overwrite CC accessories.

Job data will not be handled properly, leading to either bosses calling Sims' mobiles when on holiday to bitch about absenteeism, or Sims will have unearned promotions when they return.

If pets or Sims get pregnant on holiday, the child(ren) will be lost, or the pet / Sim will be stuck in permabump phase.

Holiday postcards, if any, will not arrive at selected Sim friend's home.

If the game crashes while in holiday hood, BFBVFS, Sims will become corrupt and unable to interact properly (that Sim is on holiday, you can't call them), Sims will be sent home to stand and stare vacantly next to mailbox, requiring player to re-send them, or Sims will vanish into the ether, never to return.

Aspirations will be borked. They will attempt to add asp wants for vaca to Pleasure Sims in particular, and that will be the only asp they will have.

Maids will start obsessively cleaning any souvenirs bought, and the fish tank fix will break.

New annoying vacation-related play/prank interactions will break fixes where pranks were tamed into being desired at reasonable times of day and a reasonable amount of time.

New wants introduced with new game will, by design, queuestomp all other wants into submission, leading to holiday wants for all Sims at all times.

Carpooling will break, because holiday transport will overwrite required files.

New non-Sim Sim characters to avoid intimacy with, such as holiday transport driver or mascots.

Dressers will reset to contain only items worn while on holiday.

Fishing on comm and holiday lots will phail in epic fashion.

Occult characters will experience holiday-related borkination. Vampires may suddenly lose dislike of sun, plant sims may suddenly be in asp failure at all times.

Nannies in household when family goes on vacation will come along with but be uncontrollable once at destination. When family returns home and needs to hire a nanny again, they will be refused because they supposedly already have one. Or, dead household members will be along for the ride, but not as ghosts, as they were before they died.

New crap to strew all over lot instead of placing on counters/tables or in trash, like uni assignments, homework, coffee cups.

Sim that dies on vacation will magically be alive when family returns home.

Attempting to do money-making things like novel-writing or painting will phail while on vacation, because it will be classed as a job. New skillbuilding items will add useless tokens (like pool table skill or dance skill) that

Wolves will show up on vacation lots, leading to conflicts if Sims attempt to werewolf themselves while traveling, because, for whatever reason, werewolves won't be able to holiday.

New food items will phail in some fashion: they won't be available as leftovers, they won't satisfy hunger properly, they won't be edible if put in inventory (if even possible), or it will work, and, once back home, Sims will attempt to use sushi kneeling position if eating inventoried sushi at non-Asian knee table, and game will flail and then crash to desktop.

Just a few guesses.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 June 16, 10:00:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blimey woman, pessimism ain't even in it. I think you've just about covered all the bases here.  Cheesy

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 June 16, 10:10:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All your base are belong to us.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 June 17, 08:26:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blimey woman, pessimism ain't even in it. I think you've just about covered all the bases here.  Cheesy

Am I pessimistic, or just realistic? Wink  Cheesy

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2007 June 17, 08:30:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Realistic.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 June 17, 18:32:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about problems for us who don't have every expansion pack to date? I've heard those with Seasons but without Pets get the wolf noises at night. I'm willing to bet that the weather system on vaction lots will be so borked that those of us without Seasons won't be able to play them without some major fix - eg missing interactions, or the game assuming the weather stuff is there and tries to use it, but it isn't there. I can see lots of conflicts coming my way. Also, all the bugs that Pets and Seasons introduced will be "fixed" for those with those EPs, but introduced to those who don't - eg the crying baby thing. Eurgh.

ISTP
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 June 17, 18:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Prediction #2: 多重影分身バグ (Multiple Shadow Clone Bug). In other words, Ninjas will respawn like mad in certain situations.

Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 June 17, 19:41:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about problems for us who don't have every expansion pack to date? I've heard those with Seasons but without Pets get the wolf noises at night.

Yes, I get to listen to the invisible werewolves howling in the night. Kind of neat, actually; the gothic atmosphere without the hairballs.

My vote: Weird bugs crop up when sims die on vacation. Another sim attempting to take the grave home in inventory will result in FUBARing of family trees, new inventory bugs, resurrection of old inventory bugs, portraits of Goopy Gilscarbo turning up in everybody's inventory and finally neighborhood implosion.  EA Games feigns ignorance, releases patch, recalls patch, re-releases patch and finally, prematurely releases Sims 3 to distract us all. Sims 3 is so bug-ridden it's unplayable.

Also, if you play the factory-canned families that are foisted off on users of the new expansion pack and one of them dies on vacation, your computer will melt.

Meanwhile, Pescado released his fix two days after the EP was released and it worked.

Also, clothes from previous EPs and stuff packs are overwritten by vacation stuff, which will be uniformly ugly.
New aspiration, if any, is as pointless as "Pleasure" asp.
One or more of the new wants will not be judged fulfilled and roll off properly after sims have performed it.
New LifeTimeWants won't fulfill properly.
Children who do silly things autonomously on vacation will be taken by Social Worker.
Social Worker gets stuck on vacation lots with taken children who have dropped out of the queue. Children and SW starve to death.
EP will feature new 'special creature', like the vampires, werewolves, etc.  The new special creature will have its own list of bugs and fail, some of them repeated from previous special creatures.

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 June 18, 03:19:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxis will add a new way to die that is specific to the EP, such as being eaten by a bear. You are only supposed to be able to die this way when actually on vacation.

When a Sim goes on vacation, he will die from one of the other reasons (hit by lightning, combustion, starvation, etc.) This will confuse the game because although the programmers were told to make this death available only to Sims on vacation, they didn't take into consideration that Sims would still be able to die from the usual causes. This puts the game into an endless loop of dying, then jumping back to alive status, then dying again.

If you manage to ctl>alt>del out of the game, on next reload, your Sim will still be on vacation and in the dying loop because of the new auto save feature that Maxis introduced. It is supposed to automatically save your game when a Sim has critical motives and are moments from death, but actually kicks in when the Sim is in the process of dying with Grim on the lot.

Meanwhile, back in the regular hood, a Sim will do something entirely innocent and non-dangerous such as viewing a new deco item and it will kill the Sim by the new death, which is not supposed to happen in the regular hood ever. This Sim will actually die rather than go through the loop, but the tombstone disappears immediately. Some Sims will remember the death, while others will still think that the Sim is alive and keep rolling wants to interact with them. When another family goes on vacation, the missing tombstones will be there and there will be no way to interact with them. Jump bugs happen whenever one of these ghosts try to go haunting because they are supposed to be haunting their home lot instead of the comm lot that their tombstones are actually on.

Saving leftovers while on vacation is silly, and Maxis will pat themselves on the back because they realized this and disabled leftover storage while on vacation. This however, was totally unnecessary as fridges can't be bought on vacation lots. This completely borks the leftover system already in place. Many leftovers will magically disappear. Later you play a newly moved-in family and find the missing leftovers in their fridge. This spawns new corrupted gossip spam that shows up in the memories of toddlers who have been given Smart Milk.

The programmers have also run out of new monsters to turn Sims into. So this EP's 'monster' will be a Yeti. If you get a high enough LTR with the Yeti while on vacation, you will have the option to bring it home with you. However, it will be more useless than a Servo and more hassle than a pet. It will randomly revert to its pre-adopted behavior of roaring to scare the tourists, much like Sims who used to be a cheerleader will revert to their cheering behavior even after your Sim marries one of them. The roaring will cause visitors to leave and parties to suddenly end because it causes such a huge bladder hit to Sims, who start peeing themselves and leaving the lot.

When the BBS sheep attempt to cross this new monster with one or more of the older ones (don't they always?), the layers will be applied in the wrong order so that they lose their fur and look like a drowned cat. Yetis will freeze easier than all other Sim types, making you wonder how it managed to live in those snowy mountains all those years before you adopted it. Yet they will hog the hot tub from your Sims almost continually, and show no ill affects. Although Yetis will have both genders, they will not be able to breed because each lot can only have one Yeti on it and breeding with visiting Yetis is not allowed. The pre-release screen shots will feature plenty of baby Yetis running happily around their Yeti parents.

Yetis won't be allowed on Uni lots, just like the Servos, so teens whose parents have died and left a Yeti in the house will not be allowed to go to college. Yeti's cannot be given up for adoption since they are neither pet nor Sim, and who would want to give up one of these lovable muppets anyway?  So once you get one, you won't be able to get rid of it without Inge's teleporter bush, which has also stopped working with this EP.

The pedophile furries will work as intended by Maxis, stalking your kids until they go insane from aspiration failure. If your Sim marries one of these, they will from time to time, put on their costumes and stalk their own children.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 June 26, 05:38:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The piano will break again.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 June 29, 01:13:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Magicmoon, you made me die of laughing  Grin.

Oh, and at least one of the premade families will have a pregnant member; once moved in that family, the newborn baby will have a random holyday mascot as the father, or the yeti itself.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 June 29, 03:19:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the Holidays occult creature will be a grue.

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2007 June 29, 20:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The firedancers will light themselves on fire far too easily -- and the reach of the firey baton will ensure that every object within three squares of that sim goes up in flame as well.  Sims running up to freak out over fire dancers who are on fire will be lit on fire as well, until every sim on the lot experiences flaming death.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 June 29, 22:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims will perform the special interactions they learned while on vacation repeatedly and will jump when the action is canceled.
While sims are learning the lumber jack dance they will be trapped in the action and finally die.
Sims get trapped on the massage table and will die(a slow death if it improves any motives)
Puppies will have the yeti as a father.
The yeti will show up instead of wolves when a werewolf howls.
Th yeti is actually a type of sim, he will invite himself into your house and help himself.
The yeti will randomly show up to eat at buffets.
New NPCs will appear in areas they have no connection with. Lumberjacks will wander the Asian theme (even lumberjacks need a vacation) Ninjas will show up on your camping trip and hang out at the beach. 
New NPCs will produce errors when trying to interact with objects from other expansions.
New NPCs will not die properly. When electrocuted they will remain looking toasted the entire time on the lot and possibly every visit after. Flies will constantly swarm about them because they can not die from it. If a cow plant eats on they will both pop out of existence.
In the event that sims can actually swim in the ocean, they will swim through land or they will not be able to properly leave the water.
Pets will be broken when they try to interact with new objects. Such as trying to dig in the zen garden.
New objects will not work properly when used on any lot other then a vacation one.
Errors will occur when someone tries to sell vacation souvenirs or items on OFB shelves. 
YA will possibly not be able to vacation at all. If they can there will be issues with classes.
Toddlers will not be able to go on vacation. There will be an option to leave your child with a care facility while you are gone. The baby or toddler will disappear forever much like the gypsy potion bug.
Parents will keep rolling wants obsessing over the baby, toddler, child or sim that they did not bring on vacation with them.
New items will override old or custom items.

Beach items will be few but useless anyway as there is no actual beach. they will be pools with sand colored tiles around them.
Items that seemed to be the most desirable that are seen in the pictures will be mysteriously missing from the expansion
The items we see in the pictures will be everything we get in the pack.
Many items are not new items like they say but merely recolors of old items.

People will be pissy because "thats not the proper technique for Tai-chi"

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 June 30, 00:56:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When trying to initiate the Lumberjack Song interaction, one of two things will happen. If your game is set to English (US), the game will crash shortly before the line "I put on women's clothing and hang around in bars" to protect the children from any deviant behaviour that this line (and several subsequent ones) would encourage. If your game is set to anything other than this, the interaction will go ahead as normal, including a change of costume for the lead lumberjack. The lead lumberjack will then proceed to the nearest bar, and will try and flirt with anything with a female gender preference.

The game will forget which of the 3 "social dance activites" (Smustling, Tai Chi, and Lumberjacking) it is supposed to be doing at any given moment during one of these activites. Expect to see Thriller making it into Tai Chi lessons, woodcutting via meditation, and most people walking away from the Smustle after realizing what they're dancing to/singing along with.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 June 30, 01:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When trying to initiate the Lumberjack Song interaction, one of two things will happen. If your game is set to English (US), the game will crash shortly before the line "I put on women's clothing and hang around in bars" to protect the children from any deviant behaviour that this line (and several subsequent ones) would encourage. If your game is set to anything other than this, the interaction will go ahead as normal, including a change of costume for the lead lumberjack. The lead lumberjack will then proceed to the nearest bar, and will try and flirt with anything with a female gender preference.

I so wish EAxis were that clever.

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 June 30, 02:40:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do wonder what the new "creature" sim will be. It would be cool if they make them Fox Spirits. As those are Asian mythical creatures and one of the getaways is "Eastern."

But that's probably too creative for them.

Maybe mermaids. Since there will be oceans.

Either way they'll be broken. The adult textures for the creatures will actually be the child textures and they'll be all stretched out and fubar. Or after the "transformation" a major appendenge doesn't switch over to the new texture.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 June 30, 04:10:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about a fire breather? I still miss my dragons from Makin' Magic.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 June 30, 05:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never got that far. I kinda gave up on the original Sims after Vacation...

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 June 30, 07:21:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe mermaids. Since there will be oceans.

There will NOT be oceans. That's the biggest L&P of it all. Having looked at the latest screenshots, I see nothing that we currently can't do ourselves by sticking a lot close to neighborhood water. It looks terrible.

Fail.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 June 30, 16:40:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as whatever they are, they're not GREEN. I'm tired of green creatures.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: