More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 11:21:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  Jun "More Awful Than You": Stupidass Houses!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Jun "More Awful Than You": Stupidass Houses!  (Read 116788 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Jun "More Awful Than You": Stupidass Houses!
« on: 2007 June 01, 02:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same drill, this time: Find the least awesome houses in existence! Do they choke your game? Are they utterly unplayable? Thoroughly non-awesome? Pick them out here, and point out the awfulness. Houses explicitly billed as purely decorative not qualified for awfulness on nonplayable grounds.

JUDGES: EMMA, BANGELNUTS.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 04, 16:47:11 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
Re: Jun "More Awful Than You": Stupidass Houses!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 01, 02:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This explains the lockitude of the noneawesome house contest posts.

"The voices are talking to me again..."
"You're in class, stupid."

Yes, you're in my noun, verbing my noun.  Now, go away, and let me be!
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 01, 03:08:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Modern Cube House"

What the SUCK?  So much ROOM!

"StartBlou?

Bathroom door blocks sink.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 01, 11:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the bathroom door opening on to the sink actually a problem?  My experience is that the Sim can still use the sink, and has no trouble entering / exiting the bathroom.  The only issue is that someone using the sink blocks the doorway, but sinks are the least used item in bathrooms.  I often do that kind of thing if I'm really cramped for space for some reason.  Sure, the door swings THROUGH the Sim if they go in and use the Sink directly, but that I can live with.

Of course, I always make a point of having the door swing away from the sink, not toward it as in this photo.  Does that make a difference?

It's far more serious if the toilet is placed so a Sim using it blocks access to anything else.  I've made a couple of bathrooms where one Sim was using the toilet, and another tried repeatedly to get to the tub, but couldn't.  Or one Sim was standing in front of the toilet, tried to shoo another Sim next to the tub, and the other Sim couldn't leave because Sim 1 was blocking the exit.  I've since learned not to do that.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 01, 13:53:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really see anything wrong with house no. 1. Yeah it's small, but I've had sims living in even smaller houses. I regularly use 10x10 lots which leave you about 6x7 blocks of indoor space, but with 3 floors they still fit a family of four.
The lay-out could have been a bit better. With a bit of shifting I'm sure it would have allowed a 3rd bedroom. Besides the fact that I thoroughly dislike modern cube houses, I don't think it is that bad.

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 01, 15:16:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not awful, but it's typical (read: crap). I took the "so much ROOM" comment without sarcasm. There's barely any furniture, but it's swimming in empty, unused, inefficient space. And it's not pretty, which means it sucks.

I currently have a family of six in an 8x8 three story home. It's pretty, it has three bathrooms/three bedrooms/nursery/living-dining, and no stomping pissy sims blocked from getting around stuff to date...at nearly the end of the second generation.

Li'l didn't show the outside. Wood panelling with a few floor-to-ceiling windows and a completely unembellished flat roof? Ew.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
JennyJenny
Corpulent Cretin

ISTJ? Really?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 01, 16:51:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a point of clarification here: Does houses mean all lots, or only residential lots?

Inge:We judge by God's own criteria of correct punctuation and inspired fightliness.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 01, 16:51:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My first problem with the first one is that it sleeps three sims but only has one bathroom.  My rule of thumb is: number of bathrooms = (number of sims/2) +1.  So I'd need to add another bathroom to it.  Fortunately there's room in the master bedroom for a small bathroom with shower and toilet.

And what's with the couch placement?  It's looking at the back of the stairs.  The stairs chop up the usable space in the living room into two barely usable spaces.  I think if I downloaded that I'd move the stairs and do a total redesign of the upstairs.

I wouldn't bother downloading it.  If I download a house, I don't want to spend time redesigning it to make it work.  I may as well just build the lot myself instead.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
JennyJenny
Corpulent Cretin

ISTJ? Really?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 01, 17:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=168794

A Moroccan themed house. The base shape/layout of the house isnt all that bad, but the addons, like the outside stairs and the flooring make my eyes hurt.

Inge:We judge by God's own criteria of correct punctuation and inspired fightliness.
RatedARRRR
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 01, 17:59:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think if I had to choose between being homeless and living in house with those roofs/dormers I would totally choose being homeless.

Sandwiches!
RaeKira
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 01, 18:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy crap, now is the time I get to freak out. x.x

Bah, I'd "help" but I'm too lazy.

Hell yeah.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 June 01, 18:51:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the bathroom door opening on to the sink actually a problem?  My experience is that the Sim can still use the sink, and has no trouble entering / exiting the bathroom.  The only issue is that someone using the sink blocks the doorway, but sinks are the least used item in bathrooms.  I often do that kind of thing if I'm really cramped for space for some reason.  Sure, the door swings THROUGH the Sim if they go in and use the Sink directly, but that I can live with.
If the door has to block something, due to the limitations of space, the sink is generally the second item after the "dead tile" of the showertub, although in this case, the door is simply installed backwards, as there's no need to block anything.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 June 01, 20:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh shit. I'm gonna see one of my houses here, I know it... Tongue
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 June 01, 20:17:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh shit. I'm gonna see one of my houses here, I know it... Tongue

LOL! I am just waiting for one of my 'bathroomless' houses to appear Cheesy I think I'll sit this contest out and just point and giggle.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 June 01, 20:59:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great, in that case, you're a judge. Tongue

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 June 01, 21:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's appropriate, since Emma builds cool houses. You should make witch a judge, too, since she has all those good houses.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 June 01, 22:41:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could be a judge actually, I wasn't planning on entering this one. However you might like to see the Whine and Cheese thread, if you want to see why I'm not entering.  Grin

Oops, wrong thread - still never mind, same applies, I won't be entering this Stupidass Houses either, though I'm looking forward to thoroughly enjoying it. I'm just so busy at the moment, if I could only stop reading forums and get out of bed, I have so much to do.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 June 01, 23:12:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I'll be a judge, and thanks Rohina Kiss

I'll enter the contest, I've made the house-just gotta take pics and package it Smiley

Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 June 01, 23:30:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's something I found on TSR:

Terrible terrain-painting, terrible design, and lack of space if there was stuff in it. I hope this is suitable.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 June 01, 23:39:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bomb craters?!?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 June 01, 23:45:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, bet you a hundred they're rather awful terrain paints of flowers. I had too many to count from there that looked great from the posted image but were disgustingly oversized in game.

TSR....oh how I love to hate thee. I used to contribute there, but they threw back all of my lots because they had too much custom content (well, that's granted, though why they waited several months to do so is beyond me) but they approve craptastic stuff like that. Plus, paysite mumble mumble.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 June 01, 23:49:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't think this contest was going to be too horrible. Well, I guess I was wrong. Tongue
scheherazade
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 June 02, 02:12:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeeurgh! that thing is hideous all over  Tongue
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 June 02, 02:19:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is hideous.  Too simple to have real functional problems, though.  For that, you need something on the order of one of the Maxian houses.  I always did better just gutting those and starting from scratch.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Sapnish
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 June 02, 07:28:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've actually kind of been waiting for this contest. I hate stupid houses. Anyway, I thought I'd try my hand at this "posting" and "contributing" thing you all seem so keen on.

I haven't even bothered downloading any of these (since I've gone a bit OCD on my downloads folder recently and I'd rather not add a bunch of crap to it that I don't even want), but feel free to try them yourselves.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=70477 "Royal Flush Giant Toilet"

Who wouldn't want to live in a toilet?

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=85433 "Moi's Guingsdon Islet Bridgie House (19.9k starter house)"
...? ...?!?

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=95120 "Falling Water (with & without expansions)"
If killing your game with lag is more your style, I guess you can try this one out:

i r taking personality test too.
i r ISTJ.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: