More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 13:25:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's this hack?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's this hack?  (Read 8312 times)
blackvelvet
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
What's this hack?
« on: 2007 May 19, 11:32:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like the subject says, does anyone know what this hack does and who it's by?

"quaxi_pets_censor_v1.package"

I know what I think it does, but before I remove it (or not) I'd like to know what it is/does.  I'm weird that way.   Wink
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: What's this hack?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 19, 11:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the nudity blur remover.  From the creator of SimPE.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 19, 11:43:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to mention that the 'pets' in the title suggests it's the version for people who have Pets but DON'T have Seasons (or possibly any SP that's late enough to have different base engine code, I haven't kept as good track of the SPs).

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 19, 11:45:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, Pets means AS OF Pets (thus Pets, Seasons, Celebrations). Seasons uses the same one.
The OFB one (for OFB, FFS, GLS) doesn't work right in Pets+ apparently.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 19, 15:30:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't remember where I got my censor.package but it's dated Sep 17, 2005.  There are no censor blurs anywhere, and I haven't seen any weirdness that might be caused by a censor blur remover.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 19, 15:57:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, ok. I've never actually installed a blur remover (I don't really care one way or another, even if blurring out Sims who are sitting on toilets fully dressed is pretty ridiculous), so I'm not up on the versions.

Speaking of, does Celebrations defer to Seasons for CD use? Not sure if I feel like getting it either way, but it'd be useful to know.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 19, 16:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

even if blurring out Sims who are sitting on toilets fully dressed is pretty ridiculous
I don't know, it aids in the illusion that they're pulling their pants down, instead of peeing right through their pants which is what they actually do.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
blackvelvet
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 19, 16:56:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Omg, the word 'pets' totally threw me, I didn't even register the meaning of 'censor'. Man do I feel D-U-M . Thanks All, I would have been rather unhappy if I'd removed the 'blur remover'    Wink

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 19, 17:19:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

even if blurring out Sims who are sitting on toilets fully dressed is pretty ridiculous
I don't know, it aids in the illusion that they're pulling their pants down, instead of peeing right through their pants which is what they actually do.

Well, mostly it's the fully dressed part that's silly. Not that I want to see them half-naked on the crapper, but it's still silly.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 20, 02:58:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It saves them the trouble of having to write animations for them pulling their pants down and/or skirt up, and how would they make graphics for the pants or skirt being all wadded up?  We aren't supposed to be seeing that anyway, so they just blur it out.  What I think is weird is when male sims stand up in front of the toilet and you hear the zipper sound, but they aren't wearing pants with a zipper!  They might be wearing undies or sweat pants or something similar.  Most of the time I try not to pay attention because watching sims pee doesn't do anything for me.  Tongue
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 20, 05:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of, does Celebrations defer to Seasons for CD use? Not sure if I feel like getting it either way, but it'd be useful to know.
Celebrations appears to defer to either Pets or Seasons for CD use, it will run its own exe for earlier versions (like OFB). That is, I assume, why it includes the Pets patch.
I am not certain, but I believe the Celebrations exe more or less uses the Pets version of the code.
V
Senator

View Profile
Re: quaxi_pets_censor_v1.package
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 28, 00:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it supposed to be in the Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config folder?

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: quaxi_pets_censor_v1.package
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 28, 02:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it supposed to be in the Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config folder?

Yup.  I'm sure I didn't do very much to install it.  In SimPE under the Extra menu, I opened Preferences and made sure that the "blur nudity" check box was unchecked.  My impression was that SimPE installed the censor removal into the Config folder (I don't remember doing it).  The one I have is the Pets one as well.  Works fine for BV.

Tribulatio proxima est
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 28, 05:27:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't it just go into Downloads?  Can't check where mine is at present, still waiting for the cash to get my main PC repaired.  I know some censor blurs in the past went in Config, but I can't remember about the pets one, except I have a memory of seeing it loose in the Downloads folder.

Zephyr Zodiac
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 October 28, 06:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Pets Censor Blur goes in the Downloads folder.  The Pets version works with all the EPs since then, at least it does in my game.  It does not go in the Config folder.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 October 28, 08:13:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I was right, but as I said, I couldn't check up as I daren't start my main PC at present.  Nice to know I wasn't imagining things, though.

Zephyr Zodiac
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 October 28, 08:55:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works fine from either folder.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: [1] Print