More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 10:42:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Awesomeland: Should Awesomeland Be Reloaded?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Should I explode and restart Awesomeland?  (Voting closed: 2007 May 21, 13:37:39)
EXPLODE! - 103 (94.5%)
NO EXPLODE! - 6 (5.5%)
Total Voters: 102

Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomeland: Should Awesomeland Be Reloaded?  (Read 25795 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Awesomeland: Should Awesomeland Be Reloaded?
« Reply #25 on: 2007 May 18, 20:44:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As someone who can't get a hood beyond second generation and starts a new one every two months or so, I reckon take the old one out.

Hmm, thinks about reviving the hood where Pescado is married to the hillbilly, and is the father of twins.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 May 18, 20:47:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm always asploding my hoods and starting over. I do it so often that when I build a house I like, I bin it before moving in Sims, just so I'll have the clean copy it in the next hood. My Sims have a very fickle Oversoul.  Wink
I bin the community lots I love (my gardens & public greenhouses, extravagant proposal restaurant/hotels, and my Chutes & Ladders board lot). The houses bore me after a generation. Average retention of a neighborhood = 4 months. Then I'll start a new one, start playing the homes, and think that it might be nice to clone some of the old sims over. I glance at the old neighborhood and no one looks as exciting as they used to, so I delete them.

I really miss the city destruction tools in SC4. We really need them in Sims2. I'd love to set a rampaging robot over to a neighborhood I don't care about, followed by some meteors.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 May 18, 21:25:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting.  I've got 11 hoods total (12 counting that Seasons one) and started playing most of them at the very beginning.  Some have only one or two families, but the main one, the one I originally intended to use only for testing, is my main hood and gets the most play.  It's the second hood I created.

As long as you can still access all the goodies in it you might someday want to use, go for it. 

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2007 May 18, 23:05:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Asking the peons for advice?  Completely out of character.

I think someone is impersonating Pescado and has taken over his computer for evil purposes.

Reveal yourself, you scofflaw!

Actually, if you look at Pescado's last few posts, his grammar/writing style has changed significantly. Very suspicious.

I agree. I think Pescado has been axe-murdered, and is now being impersonated by the killer.

BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2007 May 18, 23:31:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am only able to maintain a neighborhood for a year and a half before I get bored with it or it explodes.  Usually it's from my own ignorance on the latter. 

I have high hopes for the one I'm playing now.  I am getting minor errors but I'm not taking pictures of those.   Roll Eyes

I say nuke it and start over.  Have a Chee-Z in your college.   Wink

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 May 18, 23:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only played one hood, and it's the same one I started with back when I first got the base game, whenever it came out. I'm too attached to my characters to get rid of it, and I haven't gotten bored of it, yet.

And I rarely pee myself in my game.  Tongue
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 May 18, 23:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Asking the peons for advice?  Completely out of character.
Not at all true. I ask Fairlight for his opinion all the time: "Don't you agree, Fairlight?"

Actually, if you look at Pescado's last few posts, his grammar/writing style has changed significantly. Very suspicious.
No, it hasn't.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 May 18, 23:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree. I think Pescado has been axe-murdered, and is now being impersonated by the killer.

Yup.  There's definitely a conspiracy going on here.  Where's our grumpy JMP?  Ziggy looks over shoulder

As to hood history, heck, I'm still on the same one and I bought TS2 when it hit the shelves.  But it if twinks the impersonator's winky to annihilate Awesomeland, go for it.  Just be prepared when the real Pescado shows up. 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 May 18, 23:57:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup.  There's definitely a conspiracy going on here.  Where's our grumpy JMP?
I'm fine. I'm just always happier when I have killed.

Will there be a peeing Brynne in this one? Tongue
Naturally. You don't want a Peeing Brynne?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 May 19, 00:12:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, everyone wants a peeing Brynne.

Hopefully the new Brynne will at least have the same business acumen, so she can make a dollar off her humiliation and get the last laugh. And the aging (or lack thereof) glitch was sweet, but a fluke. I'm sure new Brynne will be peeing her polka-dotted granny dress before too long.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 May 19, 01:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing the same hood since the game came out, and it's made it through all the EPs.  Of course, I've used Pescado's and TJ's fixes and mods almost as long, and I've done a lot of cleanup with SimPE plus regular backups.  I've just recently tried doing a couple of new hoods, because I wanted to do some things different now that I know more about the game and how it works and what NOT to do.  I can't bring myself to get rid of my original hood, even though it's getting cumbersome because I let three families go for the 10 kids want.  I kept expecting the kids to look different, but the all ended up looking the same! Sad

I also agree that there is something odd about Pescado.  He's making typos, and he rarely does that.  And he sounds way too human.  Tongue
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 May 19, 03:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been through countless Reloads, and in my experience it always gets better.

Since the base game came out, I've totally reformatted and reinstalled system+other crap several times. In fact, I don't even have Windows on my box right now.  Tongue

starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 May 19, 03:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I voted for Explode!  because Maty is a constantly evolving ....thing (critter?  being?  entity?  you pick, or choose another term, even).

Start anew.  How many times in real life are we given that option?

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 May 19, 04:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am torn. On the one hand, Awesomeland is Awesome; on the other hand, kewain's new but will be less leathery, and thus not as hard on my feet.

Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 May 19, 05:05:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it hasn't.
Ummm, yeah it has. Not only that, it's been very inconsistent, almost as if there are two or three of you. S'okay though, you can always blame it on the voices in your head. Or meds, or something.

The last hood I killed off, I cheated every conceivable vampire/zombie/werewolf/servo/alien/plantsim combination I could think of. Aged them up and down like crazy and interbred them until the family trees were like a plate of spaghetti. It was quite ...interesting. Grin
Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 May 19, 05:15:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I vote "asplode and reload."  It would be nice to see the apocalypse documented, as well as the way the "reincarnation" takes place.  I like the way JM sets things up, the unapologeticness of it all.  *sends her selfsim to go curl around Pascal Curious, knowing she's safe from torture in Strangetown*

"The voices are talking to me again..."
"You're in class, stupid."

Yes, you're in my noun, verbing my noun.  Now, go away, and let me be!
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 May 19, 05:30:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it hasn't.
Ummm, yeah it has. Not only that, it's been very inconsistent, almost as if there are two or three of you.

I keep hearing this, but no one ever backs it up with a convincing analysis. I want to believe.

Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 May 19, 05:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it hasn't.
Ummm, yeah it has. Not only that, it's been very inconsistent, almost as if there are two or three of you.
I keep hearing this, but no one ever backs it up with a convincing analysis. I want to believe.

IIRC, he has said in chat that it's not other people, just different stages of drunkenness.  He changes his phraseology depending how soused he is.

"The voices are talking to me again..."
"You're in class, stupid."

Yes, you're in my noun, verbing my noun.  Now, go away, and let me be!
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 May 19, 05:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Assplode, FOR SURE!!!  And take pics, it's no good having a hood go 'splodie without special effects and pics..

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 May 19, 06:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Assplode, FOR SURE!!!  And take pics, it's no good having a hood go 'splodie without special effects and pics..
Deletion is remarkably unceremonious on my computer, I'm afraid. Firstly, I'm not even AT my computer, so the only thing you'd see is a black linux prompt as I login remotely. But I'm sure you'll see plenty of pictures of the new hood. And maybe a dead Flowerchile or two.

Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 May 19, 06:49:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Explode it, I'm anxious to see the new neighborhood. Wonder who will be in it.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
fff
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 May 19, 06:57:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I voted for BURNINATION.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 May 19, 07:32:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I vote for the big bang, complete with fireworks, and replace it with something new and shiny.

I've never made it beyond a completed 10-generation legacy yet, though I'm now inflicting an alphabet legacy on myself complete with a smattering of MATY townies... as Pescado had a 3-bolt attraction with the legacy founder the place will be overrun with them by the end of it.

flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 May 19, 07:34:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deletion is remarkably unceremonious on my computer, I'm afraid. Firstly, I'm not even AT my computer, so the only thing you'd see is a black linux prompt as I login remotely. But I'm sure you'll see plenty of pictures of the new hood. And maybe a dead Flowerchile or two.

No splodie pics.. that's kinda disappointing really, after soo many years - only to die with no pomp and ceremony..  Dead flowerchile's?   They don't die, (sorry people).. they wilt.   Wink

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 May 19, 12:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I vote for burnination, eventhough my selfsim probably won't make it into the new Awesomeland.
*crosses fingers anyway*

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: