More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 23:41:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Slowing Down Sim Time
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Slowing Down Sim Time  (Read 14866 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Slowing Down Sim Time
« Reply #25 on: 2007 May 10, 07:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, I'd have to join that club too. Sometimes my laptop as well.  Embarrassed

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 May 10, 08:39:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's extremely convenient... it just makes people think you've gone nuts.

Fail.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 May 10, 20:09:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only two? You people are wimps. I have an entire command center.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2007 May 10, 20:33:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have two monitors sitting side-by-side, and another in the bedroom.  The computer I'm using has a switch so that I can use the same peripherals for our archive computer, and the other main computer has a switch so that it can share peripherals with whatever computer my husband is tinkering with.  Our fourth computer is on the bedroom, and all of them are connected by a network.  We live in an apartment, and to save space, the two largest monitors are on our kitchen table with the computer boxes underneath.  Luckily, there's still plenty of room on the table for three people to eat dinner... but we really aren't set up for guests.  I guess it's a good thing I hate entertaining.

gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2007 May 11, 03:10:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We have 5 computers set up on the first floor and a proxy server in the basement. 3 XP, 1 Ubuntu, W2k and IPcop linux distro (unsure of flavor) on the proxy server.

Tongue

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 May 11, 05:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have  more than two, but I can't use  more than two at the same time. What would you do with five? You can't possibly arrange all the keyboards and mice in such a way that you can reach them all. Well, without a swivel chair, anyway, but then you'd have to turn your back on your sims, and you know how well that's likely to work out. Cheesy

Fail.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2007 May 11, 16:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I don't use them all Smiley I have a dh, 3 teens (they share 2) and a 3 year old (his is the ubuntu) and a 1 year old (sadly, she has no computer of her own  Roll Eyes )

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 May 11, 19:46:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have three in my home 'office' on the 3rd floor: my primary desktop/game machine, a work-provided laptop for telecommuting, and an old laptop I use for chatting and surfing and whatever while I'm playing a game on the main machine. My wife's laptop is on the second floor, and my laptop usually lives in the family room on the lower level.  All but the desktop have wireless connections to the net.

I lost count of the other older computers I have 'in storage for whatever' Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2007 May 11, 19:50:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, when my child was one he wanted to bang on the keyboard just like Mom and Dad.  I found and downloaded a keyboard banger program; it worked by bringing up a picture and saying a number, letter, or word every time a random key was struck.  He loved that thing.   Cheesy

Cyjon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 May 11, 21:46:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have four functioning computers: my gaming/video editing computer, my utility computer/file server, my writing laptop, my non-writing laptop.  I used to use the non-writing laptop sitting on a footstool for all my game statistical stuff.  I rearranged to move my two computer desks in an L so I can reach my server from the game computer and now use that instead.

Yes, I live alone.  4 computers per capita seems reasonable to me.

I also have tons of parts and could assemble probably 3-4 more functioning machines.  Since those parts include 286 motherboards, a zip drive, and a 40 MB (that's MB not GB) hard drive not all of them would exactly be bleeding edge systems.  I really need to dump the hardware that's more than 5 years old.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 May 11, 23:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My ex has a literal garage full of parts, going back to his original Spectrum.  Roll Eyes It's a bloody nightmare to move him! He works fixing computers so people are always giving him broken bits and old computers. Took me a year after we broke up as a couple to get the last of the parts out of my place - and we never lived together - except for one last monitor in the back room.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ScoobyDoo
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 May 12, 04:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first thing I thought was, how much RAM do you have?  Wink  I take it you are Alt-Tabbing between the docs and the game?
Are you playing a particular challenge? The idea of playing the Legacy challenge Prosperity style interests me but as I said I have not had the self-discipline to do it.

*off to look for Legacy software*

I'm using two separate computers.  I'm a statistics weirdo so I do Excel things with almost every game I play.

I'm not doing a challenge, though I'm going to do an unoffical Apocalypse challenge in a few game days when the designated victim graduates.  Unofficial meaning I'll follow the rules when I feel like it and ignore them if they become annoying.

You can get the legacy software from http://www.legacyfamilytree.com./DownloadLegacy.asp.  The password is "family" so you can avoid giving them your email (though they've never sent me anything other than the password).  The software lets you add pictures, events, generate family trees and web pages, etc.  It's pretty nice.

Also check out Ages http://www.daubnet.com/english/ages.html

Unfortunately, I haven't found any that support real full tree transversal.  By that I mean seeing how Sim A is related to Sim D by means of their children marrying. (for example, sim A's child marries sim B's first child and Sim B second child marries Sim D's first child)
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: