More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 15:09:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Wants & Fears Sanity "Death To All Nesses" Public Beta Edition
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wants & Fears Sanity "Death To All Nesses" Public Beta Edition  (Read 225875 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Wants & Fears Sanity "Death To All Nesses" Public Beta Edition
« Reply #75 on: 2007 July 12, 12:12:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably none, if he was only given exactly the amount needed to purchase the house.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: 2007 July 12, 21:50:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably none, if he was only given exactly the amount needed to purchase the house.
Just a squinch more than needed to buy the house, so that'd be about right. He DID complete two to four days of work, but kept rolling the little petty-cash wants. I refuse to motherlode him or even kaching him, however. The Wife thinks I'm crazy for not constantly maxmotiving and motherloding every household into the oblivion of approximately five million simoleans, but we've given up on explaining to her that I LIKE to play them struggling and passing out after getting that last needed skill point for the next promotion. I have Harder Jobs, Cars Cost, Realistic Sickness, and the like for a reason, frammit!

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: 2007 July 22, 08:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I experienced the same weirdness when I moved Darren Dreamer (a knowledge sim) into a new house with little cash to spare. He suddenly rolled wants for things like buying  a refrigerator that costs more than a certain amount. WTF? I just had him earn a skillpoint and rerolled his wants with the lot debugger, and he was back to his old knowledge-whoring self.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: 2007 July 22, 11:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, his college sweetheart moved in with the usual handout and he stopped rolling money wants. Unfortunately, she was sick and I have "realistic illness" and... the next night she was dead.

..now he's rolling the want to see her ghost, but no wants to rez her. -facepalm- And he doesn't seem to have a memory of her death. It was the middle of the night and by the time I got him awake and downstairs, Grim was gone. He mourns her just fine if I send him to the tombstone, but other than that he just whistles through his days and sleeps peacefully. Once he hits the top of his career (permaplats) I'm sending him through the paranormal career for the bone phone.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2007 August 27, 19:40:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A father of 4 turns into a werewolf. Every night he howls and drops his kid's aspirations, except for the knowledge kids, who like it. They move out to college to save their sanity.

Now every day they have a fear of their dad howling, even though he is never on their dorm lot. His knowlege kids use up a want slot daily to hear dad howl.

Is there a way to nip these wants and fears unless the werewolf Sim is actually on the same lot?

The fear isn't so bad, but using up one of the want slots every day for a Sim who has only 4 want slots in the first place, is irritating.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2007 August 28, 01:18:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The howl wants and fears are broken and ignore their check tree, so there is no easy way to stop them at present.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2007 September 12, 15:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Added more sanity features:

1. Pillow Fight want restricted to really silly sims on home lots. No more community lot pillow fight wants clogging date slots. Seriously, who actually WANTS to spontaneously pillow fight?
2. Vacation Destination wants tweaked to be interests-oriented: More distant locations require high travel interest. Each location also has interest wants. Far East: Travel >= 700, Culture >= 500, Food >= 400, Paranormal >= 400 (Ninjas!). Mountain: Travel >= 400, Environment >= 500, Sports >= 400, Animals >= 500. Beach: Not a Vampire, Travel >= 600, Environment >= 600, Weather >= 400, Toys >= 400 (Sandcastles? Shells?) Interest fiddlage should keep Far East vacation want from stomping all others, because not all sims will care to go that far.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: 2007 September 12, 17:57:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No more community lot pillow fight wants clogging date slots. Seriously, who actually WANTS to spontaneously pillow fight?

Community lot restricted only, right?  What about the case where sims might be on a date and they are:

at a residential/home lot?
at a hotel/vacation lot?
at a community lot owned business that is run as a makeshift hotel/b&b etc.?

Ste

MidnightVoyager
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP, AQ: 36. Fear.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2007 September 12, 20:50:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, my brain interpreted the Far East want's prevalence to the fact that ZOMGJAPAN is LIEK SO COOL right now. Heh.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2007 September 12, 21:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this mean the vacation wants can actually be fulfilled now?

And yay! to the pillow fight part.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2007 September 13, 08:00:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could children be stopped from rolling wants for A+ report cards whilst on vacation? I haven't played any teens or YA's in vacation neighbourhoods yet but I assume that inappropriate academic wants would appear for them too.

More F than you
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2007 September 13, 12:31:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this mean the vacation wants can actually be fulfilled now?

It seems so, yes.  I sent two sims on vacation -- one wanted an island vacation, the other just to go on vacation, and both wants were filled as soon as they got the action in their queue to go to the shuttle.

OTOH, one of the same sims got the want to buy a vacation house -- while he was sitting in the vacation house he had already bought before they went on vacation in the first place. Seems like this is a want that could be stomped, maybe?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2007 September 13, 12:51:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OTOH, one of the same sims got the want to buy a vacation house -- while he was sitting in the vacation house he had already bought before they went on vacation in the first place. Seems like this is a want that could be stomped, maybe?

can't you have 3 vacation homes if you have 3 vacation subhoods?

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2007 September 13, 13:01:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can have multiple vacation homes, I guess, even with only one subhood, but it seems silly to want one when you already have one.  Especially since the sim in question isn't even a Fortune sim, who seem to want to buy everything in sight.  He's Romance, and his live-in girlfriend is Popularity.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
LoveStainedHeart
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2007 September 13, 16:15:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My stupid sims always want to learn skills while on their vacation. Seeing as they can't the damn wants just clutter the slots and make it impossible to fill any normal vacation-like-wants. Is it possible to squash the damn "I wanna learn how to cook, clean... etc" while on vacation lots?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2007 September 13, 16:30:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ability to learn skills will be restored when I revisit comm-skilling.

LoveStainedHeart
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2007 September 13, 18:29:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ability to learn skills will be restored when I revisit comm-skilling.

Oh ok, I guess that works too. Thanks!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2007 September 16, 19:38:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting some weird results with the latest version of this -- I have kids with wants to buy cell phones and cars.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2007 September 17, 01:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds more like corrupt SWAF issues than anything related to this, as nothing regarding the above was changed in this version, this version merely merged in the old engagement want sanity hack with no code changes.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2007 September 17, 01:42:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the kids were in the Ottomas family, so corrupt SWAFs wouldn't surprise me. Smiley  I'll keep an eye out to see if it happens anywhere else.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2007 September 17, 07:19:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also had a toddler with a want to buy a car, in a new neighbourhood.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2007 September 17, 07:49:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Technically, "buy thing" could potentially be a valid, albeit esoteric, want for a toddler: I've seen toddlers and even babies in normal play manifest a sudden, inexplicable desire to buy a shrub before. So it could happen. And is unrelated, as wfsanity doesn't do anything with buying.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2007 September 25, 03:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, this is odd:

That's a toddler, wanting to call me. Toddlers can't call anyone. Plus, I'm sitting in the sim bin waiting to join the game at the next generation (unless this one has two more kids, making it a sufficient population to support a school). I've not met anyone. I've not been a walk-by, even. So little Iyana doesn't know me, and can't use a phone, but she wants to call me over. Oh, and she'd like a car, thank you.

I'm stumped.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2007 September 25, 03:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And as long as she's wishing, she'd really like a pony. Cheesy

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2007 September 25, 13:19:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, this is odd:...
Oh, and she'd like a car, thank you.

Yea, I reported something similar with some kids in a family wanting to buy cell phones and cars.  It may be a BV thing.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: