More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 15:51:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Wants & Fears Sanity "Death To All Nesses" Public Beta Edition
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wants & Fears Sanity "Death To All Nesses" Public Beta Edition  (Read 226522 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Wants & Fears Sanity "Death To All Nesses" Public Beta Edition
« Reply #50 on: 2007 May 24, 21:07:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Error not related to wfsanity, but we will keep an eye out for it if it can be reproduced.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 May 25, 01:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible now with Seasons "softer modding" of WantTrees for wants to be tied to interests along with personality?

This is not really an annoyance-stomping fix more so of a feature extension - similar to ltwvariety - for implementing more individuality and realism to sims. Interests connecting to wants can provide realistic job and major wants instead of the generic aspiration-driven monotony.
One example of this is with twojeff's No Pet Obsession: "Wants related to pets are also now dependent on the sims interest in animals. Sims with very low interest in animals will rarely roll up a pet related want."

Back to duck hunting; there is a few annoyances which could be alleviated; wants relating to learning to cook meals or (winnar !) wants to eat specific meals - even at invalid hours of dish availability. Although the "learn to cook" goals do occasionally pass fairly reasonable points at higher skill levels, being zerg-rushed with full house of clog is no fun. The prolonged "eat x" are, to me, nearly the lousiest <1000 asp wants. With a food interested sim, I wouldn't be as irate as simology comes into play.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 May 25, 01:58:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible now with Seasons "softer modding" of WantTrees for wants to be tied to interests along with personality?
With anything that has a check tree, yes, wants can be switched on or off by interest.

One example of this is with twojeff's No Pet Obsession: "Wants related to pets are also now dependent on the sims interest in animals. Sims with very low interest in animals will rarely roll up a pet related want."
I believe this is also a feature of wfsanity, although there's no "rarely". Want trees return binary results, so it's generally "always" (default) vs. "never".

Back to duck hunting; there is a few annoyances which could be alleviated; wants relating to learning to cook meals or (winnar !) wants to eat specific meals - even at invalid hours of dish availability.
"Dish availability" is a stupid concept, anyway. Who invented THAT idea? I believe there's an old Dizzyian hack that quashes this. Food wants, I can look into quashing in a sensible manner, though, so a sim's desire to eat something could made to actually correspond to his tankage level.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 May 25, 04:26:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having trouble with with fountains in general. All of a sudden my people in my homes stopped doing anything autonomous. I turned testing cheats on, and the log showed that there was a problem with the fountains (different fountains on different lots) and then when I deleted them, everything went back to normal. On one lot it was the fountain and a destroyed cat nip mouse that was throwing erros.

I'm having this problem also, I've noticed, on many of my lots now. They'll just stand around and do nothing, even on community lots, when free will is on and they have needs they could be doing something for. I wonder if it's an errored object in this case too... *shall check*
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 May 25, 18:04:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wants tied to interests would be neat if they didn't all wind up with almost identical interests.   Not so much CAS sims or townies but born-in-game sims do.   I have one neighborhood with 450+ b.i.g. sims.   Every sim, toddler to adult,  has a 4 in health.  I like to tie their career to their interests.  A doctor with a 4 in health?  I wouldn't want to go to him/her.  Toddlers and children have a 4 in fashion, work and weather.  Teens and adults have an 8.  All of them.  Toddlers and children have 0-4 values on all interests on the first page except entertainment which seems to be 0-8.  When they hit teen they get 4 points added to each except entertainment.   Kids and teens have values of 4-9 on the last four interests but lose 4 points of each when become adult.  Natural scientists, pet breeders and others should have a high interest in animals.  Teachers should have high in school.  Astronauts should have high in sci-fi in my opinion.  And wouldn't those gamers have a high interest in toys?  Seems to me adults love toys as much as kids though the toys they choose might be different.   

Could anything be done to make the b.i.g. sims have random interests like CAS sims do?   

In reference to the problem of sims suddenly losing their autonomy I have had that happen on a couple of lots since installing Seasons.   I tracked it to a custom bed on both lots.   A sleigh-style single bed that I have had for a long time.  From MTS2 I believe.   Nothing to do with the WFS hack since I have not yet installed it.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2007 May 28, 15:32:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, my sims still have random interests, even the b.i.g. ones. Perhaps you're experiencing the so-called 'first born' effect?

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 May 28, 17:37:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it's not the 'first born effect'.   They have different zodiac signs, different personalities,  different appearances.   In the neighborhood I am currently playing I almost always have multiple births in each game session.  I have used the lot debugger randomizer feature.  Nothing changes it.  ALL sims have a 4 in health.  ALL adult sims have an 8 in fashion, work and weather.   ALL adult sims have 0-5 in animals, school, toys and sci-fi.  (In fact, even my CAS sims and any townies that I checked has those values for those four interests.)  Entertainment is the only interest that actually has a random variable ranging from 1-9 in adult sims.  At least that is true for the approximately 250 sims that I have checked and recorded data on. 

It appears to me to be the way Maxis set it up to have interests change over time from toddlerhood to adult.  Little ones aren't much interested in politics, money, crime, etc.  And many adults are no longer interested in the same things they were as children.  But it uses the same change factor of 4 for every interest.  And that makes adults have only a small range of variability in any particular interest. 

This is a huge source of frustration for me.  I have taken to randominzing them myself with dice. 
Katie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 June 01, 04:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They have different zodiac signs, different personalities,  different appearances.   In the neighborhood I am currently playing I almost always have multiple births in each game session.  I have used the lot debugger randomizer feature.  Nothing changes it.  ALL sims have a 4 in health.  ALL adult sims have an 8 in fashion, work and weather.   

After reading this post I've been checking the interests of my Sims as I play, and out of the 13 BIG sims I've played so far, 12 of them have a 4 in health/8 in weather, work, and I *think* environment.

I'm trying to figure what distinguishes the one without those exact interests from the other twelve. All I can come up with is that he's a twin, and he is by far the oldest Sim I've checked so far. I play quite slowly and it is very possible that he was born ages ago with only the base game installed.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 June 01, 05:44:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason, that mod is NOT part of Seasons director's cut anymore, not sure if it ever was actually but I thought I should bring that to your attention
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 June 01, 13:37:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This post has information on interests attributed over age groups for born-in-game sims.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,323.msg29862.html#msg29862
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007 June 01, 14:48:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason, that mod is NOT part of Seasons director's cut anymore, not sure if it ever was actually but I thought I should bring that to your attention

Check the title -- it's the 'Public Beta Edition'. Hacks/mods don't go into the DC until they're officially released.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 June 07, 19:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two things I noticed. First, Sims are still rolling wants to do snow stuff like snowball fights, even though they haven't even seen a single snowflake yet this season.

The second is Sims rolling fears of death, although no one has yet died in the neighborhood. However, one Sim was SAVED from death twice. So maybe that is enough for the fear to start being valid.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 June 08, 00:45:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two things I noticed. First, Sims are still rolling wants to do snow stuff like snowball fights, even though they haven't even seen a single snowflake yet this season.
Should be fixed now.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007 June 09, 14:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After installing the latest version, my Sim rolled up normal wants. The next morning, he again rolled up the want to have a snowball fight. Even though it is winter, the first snow still hasn't fallen.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 June 10, 18:05:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I've seen the snowball fight want on the first day of winter too.  I'm also still getting the want for/fear of someone who's dead being cured of being a werewolf. It keeps popping up every time the wants reroll.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007 June 12, 01:30:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I've seen the snowball fight want on the first day of winter too.
Will investigate this one again.

I'm also still getting the want for/fear of someone who's dead being cured of being a werewolf. It keeps popping up every time the wants reroll.
That wasn't specifically covered by this, but apparently it should be, given that it's insane.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2007 June 12, 14:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, I'm having some weirdness. All-in-all, mod is performing as advertised and is keeping me a little more sane, if not my sims. However. Ivy went to college. For four days, I played her family to keep time in some semblance of balance. During those four days, mom and dad had a constant want for her to get a scholarship. Unlikely, since she's already in college.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: 2007 June 12, 18:12:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you haven't moved her into a dorm or other college lot yet, she's still a teen.  Is that the problem, or do they have that want even though she's moved out of the bin and thus grown up?

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007 June 12, 18:35:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you haven't moved her into a dorm or other college lot yet, she's still a teen. 
That must have been it. I moved her into a remodeled lot of SaraMK's in University Land after the four days I played mom, dad & her two sisters. Haven't checked mom & dad since....well, mom, anyways, as I allowed dad to die from fright as he was pissing me off and had already produced the heir and unlocked Culinary.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007 June 13, 05:49:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I've seen the snowball fight want on the first day of winter too.  I'm also still getting the want for/fear of someone who's dead being cured of being a werewolf. It keeps popping up every time the wants reroll.

Using this mod, no problems so far, though I did have a knowledge sim want to make a zombie of a Sim who was already a zombie, as well as make zombies out of all his other recently dead friends, as per usual. I don't think you'd want to double-zombify a zombie, though I guess he'd technically be still dead...
MasterDinadan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2007 July 11, 12:54:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway to kill "Soak in Hot Tub" and "WooHoo in Hot Tub" wants for pregnant sims, seeing as how they can't get in hot tubs?
I don't think they can swim either but I havn't really tried.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2007 July 11, 19:12:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My pregnant Sims swim. I don't think they use the diving board though.

Pregnant Sims also cannot 'jump in arms', pillow fight, and at least one other thing, maybe kicky bag, I can't remember. Squinge has mods that enable all the actions for the pregnant Sims. I use most of them except for the hot tub one because it conflicts with something else I use.

I haven't seen inappropriate wants for pregnant Sims appear after they start showing, so there is just 25 hours that pregnant Sims might roll wants they cannot fulfill. That's what I've seen. I may be wrong but I haven't had any difficulty fulfilling the wants that my obviously pregnant Sims have been rolling.

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 2007 July 11, 23:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got the oddest Knowledge sim.. Since graduating and moving into a Main Hood house (Treppies Budget Awesomesauce and yes I did FamilyFund him but I deducted it from his rich parent's household XD) he's been rolling oddly Fortune-ish wants. Within minutes of his arrival (right after choosing his Dream Job and fulfilling that want) his panel was chock full of wants to bartend, freestyle, perform, and barista for tips. He's gone to work several days now and he's still mostly wanting to make money in little ways. Oh, and he did at one point roll a want to buy an expensive painting. Another want was to invite his Uni fiancee over, which I locked hastily.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2007 July 12, 02:43:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you checked his interests?  He may actually be more interested in fortune-type stuff than knowledge stuff, in which case you might want to consider changing his aspiration with the Re-Nu-Yu Orb.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2007 July 12, 12:09:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

his panel was chock full of wants to bartend, freestyle, perform, and barista for tips.

Those sound like the wants of a very poor sim desperate for cash.  How much cash does he have?

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: