More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 17:59:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Wants & Fears Sanity "Death To All Nesses" Public Beta Edition
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wants & Fears Sanity "Death To All Nesses" Public Beta Edition  (Read 226369 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Wants & Fears Sanity "Death To All Nesses" Public Beta Edition
« Reply #200 on: 2008 April 14, 13:11:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, thanks.

What do you mean by free ASP? (I know what ASP is, I just don't understand the free part)

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2008 April 14, 13:14:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You buy the item, put in the sim's inventory, sell it straight away from the inventory without any ASP loss.  You get the ASP and the money back, so it's free ASP.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: 2008 April 14, 13:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh-thanks Kyna Cheesy

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2008 April 14, 14:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of the sims in my older hoods have so much money by now that buying stupid shit to fill wants is the only way to get rid of some of it. I've had many an elder 'take it with them' when they died. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2008 April 21, 03:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got a new one -- sim just came back from a Far East vacation, and now she has a want to learn how to make Chirashi!  As far as I can tell, it's not possible for sims to learn how to make vacation foods, so this is a really weird one.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2008 April 21, 12:22:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of the sims in my older hoods have so much money by now that buying stupid shit to fill wants is the only way to get rid of some of it. I've had many an elder 'take it with them' when they died. Smiley
Gravegoods is an ancient and honorable tradition, albeit one that may be hard on your filesizes. Consider the practice of purchasing and then erecting gigantic monumental tombs as ownable lots to be kept in the family instead. If it's good enough for the Egyptian Pharoahs, it's good enough for you.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2008 April 21, 14:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Consider the practice of purchasing and then erecting gigantic monumental tombs as ownable lots to be kept in the family instead. If it's good enough for the Egyptian Pharoahs, it's good enough for you.

Excellent idea.  Bob's Mausoleum and Recreation Centre.  Remember your loved ones as you dance, use the bubble blower, play poker, or get that plate of Pineapple Surprise.  And who knows, maybe the ghost of Bob will drop by to add an extra surprise to your evening.

Implementing.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2008 April 21, 14:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cemetary (shared pet and traditional) in Prospect Beach is a major attraction. There are around 30 graves, and typically 4-8 ghosts about at night, scaring the piss out of the townies. It's great.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2008 April 21, 21:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, if the game were more realistic, you could plop down a ticket machine in that cemetary and reach level 10 business in a few hours...

I think we've found at least one way in which Sims are more intelligent than teenagers.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2008 April 22, 10:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the other hand, sims never learn to stop peeing on themselves. I dunno about you, but I tend to become immensely jaded after seeing something once. I mean, it's a novelty the first time, but after that, it's like "Ah, that shit happens all the time.".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2008 April 22, 14:49:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even before Macrotastics, my sims didn't pee themselves.

Unless they did something stupid like peek in a coffin.

[edit] Or get struck by lightning, apparently.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2008 April 22, 16:23:19 by EsotericPolarBear » Logged
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2008 May 13, 14:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM,

Been noticing something a little off lately -- sims with the fitness and nature hobbies are getting wants to go jogging or hiking before they're even capable of it.  It looks like they're hitting the want when they get to level 2 in the hobby.  The wants are of low value, so they're not worth locking in, but they keep rerolling, clogging up a slot.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2008 May 13, 18:14:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, if the game were more realistic, you could plop down a ticket machine in that cemetary and reach level 10 business in a few hours...

I think we've found at least one way in which Sims are more intelligent than teenagers.

Actually, I know someone who did that.  Purple Bunny created a Memorial Garden ticket business as one of five businesses her Fortune Sim heiress built up.  She put out a buffet so customers wouldn't starve, and that was about it.  That, and a karaoke machine.  It's in Chapter 23 of the Piratical Legacy.

PB

Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2008 May 13, 23:01:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that stupid cooking contest want stompable on lots without one?

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2008 May 13, 23:05:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that stupid cooking contest want stompable on lots without one?

Yeah. That and the dance contest want really clogs up a good portion of my Sim's wants. This is especially obnoxious when the Sim has danced maybe twice or had to *gasp* cook its own meal! Suddenly, it thinks it's ready for the big leagues!
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2008 May 14, 18:01:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm even getting useless wants like that pre-FT. Sim paints once, earns 2 Creativity, gets the "Sell a Masterpiece". Which, of course, means he also gets the fear "Sell a Crappy Painting". So, either he can't paint until that fear disappears, or he has to clog up an easel with an unsellable painting until the fear disappears, or he has to eat it and fulfill the fear.
Jack Rudd
Grammar Police

Grammar Militia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: 2008 May 14, 18:48:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm even getting useless wants like that pre-FT. Sim paints once, earns 2 Creativity, gets the "Sell a Masterpiece". Which, of course, means he also gets the fear "Sell a Crappy Painting". So, either he can't paint until that fear disappears, or he has to clog up an easel with an unsellable painting until the fear disappears, or he has to eat it and fulfill the fear.
Or he can paint and then hang the crappy painting on the wall somewhere.

Twice West of England chess champion
FIDE rating 2328
Official MATY Predictable Puellile Poser
In Memoriam: WFM Jessie Gilbert, 1987-2006
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2008 May 14, 18:58:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but who wants those crappy paintings?

But this makes me wonder if hanging the painting, then deleting in buy mode, will fulfill the fear. I may have to test that. Even though there's another option that seems obvious now: put it in inventory and give it as a gift.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2008 May 14, 19:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you haven't already, you don't need to test.  If you sell a hanging painting off the wall in buy mode, no wants or fears trigger.  This prevents you from putting a near-masterpiece on the wall to appreciate, to sell later to fulfill the want, but it also lets you sidestep the fear.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2008 May 14, 20:29:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but who wants those crappy paintings?

But this makes me wonder if hanging the painting, then deleting in buy mode, will fulfill the fear. I may have to test that. Even though there's another option that seems obvious now: put it in inventory and give it as a gift.
Someone else in the family can sell them.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2008 May 15, 14:23:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although it is a mystery WHY someone would fear SELLING a crappy painting. I mean, someone wants to BUY crap? SWEET!

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2008 May 15, 14:44:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although it is a mystery WHY someone would fear SELLING a crappy painting. I mean, someone wants to BUY crap? SWEET!

This has sustained garage sales, and indeed most economies, since ancient times.

Tribulatio proxima est
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: 2008 May 17, 06:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the disappointment is for spending many hours working on something that sold for a pittance.  If your artistic efforts are worth less than minimum wage, it's kind of disheartening.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2008 May 17, 09:00:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But wouldn't getting ANYTHING for it be better than getting NOTHING? If I could get someone to pay ANYTHING for my attempts at "art", that'd be awesome. Tongue

Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2008 May 17, 16:31:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your artistic efforts are worth less than minimum wage, it's kind of disheartening.

Yet highly realistic.  Embarrassed
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: