More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 21:21:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  May "More Awful Than You": Buttugly Brokeass Furniture
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: May "More Awful Than You": Buttugly Brokeass Furniture  (Read 266840 times)
Berg
Dimwitted Dunce

I ARE 2 BLAME 4 HUR TYPOES!

View Profile WWW
Re: May "More Awful Than You": Buttugly Brokeass Furniture
« Reply #150 on: 2007 May 06, 05:03:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm.  I actually find the sofa vaguely pretty.  The mirror is over the top, though, and what's that stuff on the floor?  I guess it's supposed to be pillows.
I'm sorry, but I actually think the mirror is a TV...  Grin

And I don't think the sofa is too bad either. Just not pink. Please.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2007 May 06, 06:09:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know I reckon they pinched the sofa from somewhere, recoloured it and added the clumpy stuff to go. Look at the curves and detail on the sofa cushions compared to the hearts on the mirror/TV or the legs on the stool/endtable. The couch legs are quite well-detailed, except for the blobby black trim. The pink of the couch is not the same tonal range as the pinks of the pink hearts, wonder if it's not even recoloured?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Chienne
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2007 May 06, 19:42:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry, but I actually think the mirror is a TV...  Grin

Gah, you're right.  Now that I go back and look at it, it IS a TV.  It would be much less awful as a mirror!  I guess my brain was protecting me from the true awfulness. :-)

And I don't think the sofa is too bad either. Just not pink. Please.

I dunno, I kind of like pink.  There were years when I never wore it, and then I made friends with a transgendered guy who was way into all manner of "feminine" stuff, and I decided that if he could like it, I could, too.  Some of us have to take the hard way to things. :-)

Middle-aged professional woman still plays video games.  Film at 11.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2007 May 06, 20:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I really think there must be wrong with her....color blindness, or residual effect of too many LSD trips. There is no way a normal person could spend as much time as needed to create that crap looking at that crap and stay sane.

I thought so too but then I realized it was mostly bad textures rather than bad meshes (in many cases, certainly not all)
Texturing vs. meshing are obviously 2 very different skills; we see examples of that everywhere in the rampant abundance of horrific textures applied to meshes we know are great, or mesh creators who are smart enough to say "I made the shape, but suck at textures'

wow, that fishbone study is quite frightening, though I think the mirror is kinda cool and the chair beside it could be nice if placed in the right setting. (not together, nooo, never together)
*giggles at cookie stools... Cheesy

I don't mind that pink sofa, (it must come in other colours?) It looks like one of those things I would download and though I'd never find a place for it, I'd hesitate before deleting because it isn't entirely crap. (the pillows (?) and the mirror/tv... can just stay where they are)

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2007 May 07, 01:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sofa does come in a range of colors. And it's really super-cheap simolean-wise. I have it, and I've used it in new households.  Embarrassed

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2007 May 07, 01:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

too much cutesypoo...peptol bismol pink...bleh..

Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2007 May 07, 05:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind cutesypoo pink so much. Though it's not common in my homes, I've certainly found places for it.
I think it could be cute in a girl's bedroom or in a girly-girl budget dorm.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2007 May 07, 06:01:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is turning into a "My Favorite Furniture" thread. Where's the disdain? The barf bags? The poking with pointy objects?

My god, people, what are you thinking?!!  Tongue

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2007 May 07, 06:29:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Furniture is harder to make fun of than clothes or hair.

Fail.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2007 May 07, 13:08:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I speak my episode(u_u*)
This has the memory that there was in the park where I played in a childhood.
A foot just arrived in those days.
I arrived at pottychair when I looked for the base.

I can translate that for you!

"I speak of my life.
This chair reminds me of a park where I grew up.
Feet were plenty in those days.
I arrived at PottyChair when I looked for the base.

Damnit, I knew there was a time when there wasn't such a shortage of feet.

I translated differently. Sad
I'm taking about my grand mal seizure ("woah nelly" emotie)
This object reminds me of a park I played in, in a neighborhood full of kids.
People sent each other severed feet for no reason at all, back in the day.
I decided I needed a terlet in my chair when I found out all my base were gone because it now belong to Cats.

Hmm.  I actually find the sofa vaguely pretty.  The mirror is over the top, though, and what's that stuff on the floor?  I guess it's supposed to be pillows.

The sofa doesn't make me want to barf, either, but I wouldn't run to go DL it.

I agree that that's supposed to be a television.  Shocked

And yes, that's my guess, too. Glomping inflatable butt-bubble floor pillows that will inevitably, like all Sims 2 floor pillows, prove to be useless in the game.

The Fishbone room is too much Christian propaganda in one small spot for me to handle. Also? No relation to actual band called Fishbone. Bummer.

That thing in the green room is an eagle? I should have guessed. Jingoistic Americana also makes me ill when in high doses. The blurriness and the shade of green just make it all the worse.

A house should not be a temple to whatever political / religious beliefs you hold, to the exclusion of all else. What's wrong with having normal furniture? Not to point fingers at just one or two groups of folks, the pagan Simmers are also bad about this. Stoppit already with the totem animal wall hangings and bedspreads, and pentacles do not need to be embossed on every single surface when designing a furniture set. Most pagans I've known have had good interior design taste, though, to be fair, one or two erred in the "if it is good enough for an unwashed hippie, it's good enough for me" macrame / beaded door curtains / shag rugs / beanbags decor direction, and a handful went in for "if it is Goth, it belongs in my house" route.

I miss living in North Carolina sometimes. Smiley

Also? Not all gay-positive people want everything rainbow-ified any more than do all females want all-pink houses. Stop channeling Rainbow Brite / My Little Pony / Care Bear colour schemes. It burns. It burns!!

I suppose we should be happy that no one has made a Bill O'Reilly bedspread, or furniture constructed out of crucifixes. Either would make the baby-shaped furniture and the clown seats seem benign in comparison. Alas, and I've been trying to find them again for this thread, I have seen NASCAR-themed furniture sets and bedding. I had to go lie down for a bit after stumbling across those.

Eh. Never mind me. I went for years not even liking shirts with logos or text on them. Broadcasting what designer made my shirt or a trite phrase was not my bag. I've since lightened up a little on that front, and have a few shirts with band logos or music-related text on them, but I rarely wear them in public, except to my gig at the radio station.

« Last Edit: 2007 May 07, 14:07:57 by Lorelei » Logged

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2007 May 07, 17:39:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like this to be my first nomination.

If you want you can download here.

http://www.raonsims.com/item/detail.php?num=130&cat1=2&page=1&key=&PHPSESSID=99dbfc50a7c5e86cd504e8de0a469cfe

Maybe we can have a separate month for the most gaggingly "feminine" stuff. :-)

Apparently I have no taste, because I liked most of the stuff Frivolous posted (sans the chimney-inspired fountain...WTF?) and that set. None would be staples, but I'd use them. As for items going through walls, that does definitely annoy me.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2007 May 07, 19:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most pagans I've known have had good interior design taste, though, to be fair, one or two erred in the "if it is good enough for an unwashed hippie, it's good enough for me" macrame / beaded door curtains / shag rugs / beanbags decor direction, and a handful went in for "if it is Goth, it belongs in my house" route.

Your problem with unwashed hippie decor exactly is?  Tongue

I'm still waiting for Nike, Sony et al to contact me re payment for advertising their products on my clothing, no joy so far, so I guess I go on not advertising, till I see their money.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
airrynne
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2007 May 08, 00:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm posting for the first time in about 2 years just to say:

I suppose we should be happy that no one has made a Bill O'Reilly bedspread, or furniture constructed out of crucifixes. Either would make the baby-shaped furniture and the clown seats seem benign in comparison. Alas, and I've been trying to find them again for this thread, I have seen NASCAR-themed furniture sets and bedding. I had to go lie down for a bit after stumbling across those.

Please don't give them any ideas!
« Last Edit: 2007 May 08, 00:37:38 by airrynne » Logged
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2007 May 08, 02:45:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the hell are those, those ...things? They look like mutant eyeballs. *shudder*

I've seen that pattern on jewelry -- it's supposed to be some Indian/Hindu thing, and yes, those are supposed to be eyes.  The 'eternal eye of Visnu' or something....

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
fff
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2007 May 08, 03:23:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A house should not be a temple to whatever political / religious beliefs you hold, to the exclusion of all else. What's wrong with having normal furniture? Not to point fingers at just one or two groups of folks, the pagan Simmers are also bad about this. Stoppit already with the totem animal wall hangings and bedspreads, and pentacles do not need to be embossed on every single surface when designing a furniture set. Most pagans I've known have had good interior design taste, though, to be fair, one or two erred in the "if it is good enough for an unwashed hippie, it's good enough for me" macrame / beaded door curtains / shag rugs / beanbags decor direction, and a handful went in for "if it is Goth, it belongs in my house" route.

Wholeheartedly agree. In fact, any kind of theme can be taken to extremes, usually with eye-burning consequences. Okay, so you like tigers /Elvis /sacrificing goats /golf, doesn't mean you need to have this motif on every single piece of fucking furniture in your house! A little restraint, people, please! Sure, make up some posters, or even a bed cover with whatever theme floats your boat, but you really have to draw the line at having your terlet /toaster /shower curtains match these same damn theme. Who the hell does this? What planet do they live on?

It all just makes my head hurt sometimes.   Sad
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2007 May 08, 04:30:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's possible I think I may have seen worse in RL. I have a friend who, many years ago, decorated her daughters room in a licensed characters theme, just not all the same character. So picture a room with Barbie curtains, Little Mermaid sheets, Beauty and the Beast coverlet, My Litttle Pony rug and so on and so forth. My eyes! She stuffed as many different characters in there as she could. Her daughter loved it and my daughter was jealous.  Tongue
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2007 May 08, 05:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the hell are those, those ...things? They look like mutant eyeballs. *shudder*

I've seen that pattern on jewelry -- it's supposed to be some Indian/Hindu thing, and yes, those are supposed to be eyes.  The 'eternal eye of Visnu' or something....

I don't care *who's* eyeballs they are. They are creeping me out. So-what's the word? Disembodied?

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
spambi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2007 May 08, 08:35:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose we should be happy that no one has made a Bill O'Reilly bedspread

I suddenly know what my next project needs to be. Maybe I should do all of Fox news for good measure.  Do I need a subscription to TSR to upload there?
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2007 May 08, 16:05:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noooooo! Make a Sweet Jesus, I hate Bill O'Reilly bedspread, instead.

Chienne
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2007 May 08, 16:48:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't care *who's* eyeballs they are. They are creeping me out. So-what's the word? Disembodied?

Yeah, I don't want to feel like my furniture's buttugly AND watching me!

Middle-aged professional woman still plays video games.  Film at 11.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: 2007 May 08, 17:10:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Warning, sunglasses needed for this one.

Recolour by SvetLanka. The actual mesh is pretty clunky too.

Berg
Dimwitted Dunce

I ARE 2 BLAME 4 HUR TYPOES!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: 2007 May 08, 17:53:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw that one earlier today... How, and sweet Lord, why? This Svetlanka shits out thousands of flood-filled butt-ugly recolours every week but she seems to have made at least some progress now - multicoloured butt-ugly recolours!

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2007 May 08, 21:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SvetLanka always seems to recolour really obscure meshes into really horrid colours, and mark all threds at MTS2 with "[insert item here] recolor by SvetLanka!" as if it was a trademark or something.  If I had a name like SvetLanka, the last thing I'd be doing was advertise it.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2007 May 08, 21:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh.  My. God.

All aboard the Rainbow Bus Express!  One stop: Crazyville!
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2007 May 08, 21:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Warning, sunglasses needed for this one.

<sniped for sanity reasons>

Recolour by SvetLanka. The actual mesh is pretty clunky too.

Ouch, seriously it took me a moment to figure out what the hell that thing was because of the fugly colors! The train idea was neat but easily ruined by that horrible recolor!

Ok here is a submission since I'm not judging I thought I'd add to it. I found this on MTS2 as a Featured selection. It goes along with the "over the top" icons on EVERYTHING.

You can find the post and more pictures here: http://tinyurl.com/2swsld
« Last Edit: 2007 May 08, 21:54:05 by ChamiMinds » Logged

What a night for a dance, you know I'm a dancing machine. With the fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene. ~King of Leon
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: