More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:28:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  [Work in progress] Polygamy or marriage of convenience
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: [Work in progress] Polygamy or marriage of convenience  (Read 305684 times)
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: [Work in progress] Polygamy or marriage of convenience
« Reply #100 on: 2008 July 15, 14:14:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Depends on what you mean. I don't use Eaxis woohoo at all. (Blah!). I don't have any hack to allow incest. My Love beds don't make any check if it is your sister that is laid on there. I use something named "Social Woohoo" and I could woohoo my mum.
What you mean exactly?
Well, anyway I cannot help because I woohoo my Sims only to justify the descendence. Normally they woohoo only once in their lifetime. But anyway it was an interesting question, I'll see if someone else bothers.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2008 July 15, 14:49:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Answer: yes. Had tried right away and had to use a bed from the last Stuff Pack (Ikea) because my beds don't allow relax at all and consequently don't allow woohoo. The last stuff packs have and Override Objects package that overpass globals in the downloads folder.
Well, placed the two siblings in bed and commanded "Try for Baby". They didn't make any resistance and Blim-blim-blim-blom - she is pregnant. I think that when you marry them, the game overpass the sibling condition. You know in CAS, pull two Sims over each other cancel the previous relationship connection.
I think I don't have anything to cause the incest, but I cannot swear. My game has 48,3 MB hacks and before you made this mod, I used the Insimenator to create my descendences. Today I have more than 10 objects that were modified specially to break rules.
I can make my Sims have children with the grimreaper or with the pollination technician without even make them pregnant.
I wanted to make a descendance to the Crumplebottom and the only Crumple left is dead (agnes). I could breed a child between her (dead) and my favourite NPC (Fairchild, the only one I like and I think he is a mechaniker).
I can make much more things with my Sims than a normal mortal.
Hope it helps.

Internal joke: do you know why I like the mechaniker Fairchild? BigFoot when he is tired he goes around and scare other Sims. He scared a girl, the girl peed herself. He tried to scare Fairchild, and was scared back. It was hilarious, I loved it. Smiley
BigFoot is becoming my favourite Sim. He is no romantic, have all interactions available and makes me laugh. I modified him so much that now he is the first second specie in my game.
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2008 July 15, 17:12:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can married siblings woohoo (without using further hacks to allow incest)?

Yes, the teen siblings can woohoo normally on any double bed, but they cannot "Try For Baby" on any bed but the Cheap Ezzzz Morrisey double bed (the $450 bed) which they did "Try For Baby" successfully on. Just that bed only if you want married siblings to go to 3rd base.

I have a question about last names.. When I had both teenaged siblings marry, I was given the options: No Change, Sim In Icon and Other Sim. I wanted to clarify to make sure I understood the two options. Sim In Icon means the currently selected Sim? And Other Sim is... the one who got married but isn't the currently selected Sim correct?

The only other minor issue I saw was that the selected Sim did not get a Crush symbol in the relationship panel to the Sim he married, but she did get the Crush symbol in her relationship to him. I'm not sure if this was intended or a small oversight over how the relationships are set when two siblings or related Sims marry like the relationships for the normal couples.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: 2008 July 15, 17:48:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question about last names.. When I had both teenaged siblings marry, I was given the options: No Change, Sim In Icon and Other Sim. I wanted to clarify to make sure I understood the two options. Sim In Icon means the currently selected Sim? And Other Sim is... the one who got married but isn't the currently selected Sim correct?

It means the sim in the picture in the dialog box.  I am not sure if that ends up being the selected sim or the other one.

The only other minor issue I saw was that the selected Sim did not get a Crush symbol in the relationship panel to the Sim he married, but she did get the Crush symbol in her relationship to him. I'm not sure if this was intended or a small oversight over how the relationships are set when two siblings or related Sims marry like the relationships for the normal couples.

I think these things are unilateral depending on the individual feelings of the sim.  This marriage arch is not meant to give them feelings they didn't have before.  But I guess maybe the fact they had a kiss affects their feelings to some extent.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2008 July 15, 18:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah okay I understand more now what the name options were and how relationships are set.

Out of curiosity.. Does this mod affect beds as well or not? I wouldn't know where to look for in the mod to see if it does affect the beds or not. I am just wondering since the newly married couple couldn't try for baby on other beds besides the Cheap Ezzz Morrisey bed.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: 2008 July 15, 18:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An unhacked bed will take notice of their relationship level.  If they don't love each other enough they won't get the full range of sex options.   This arch was designed for marriages of convenience, not instant lust Cheesy

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2008 July 15, 19:01:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh! Instant lust would be alot of fun though!

Okay, that was a bit odd. The beds that came with Ikea Stuff Pack weren't working right then. The Try For Baby option did show up when I sent them to one of the nice looking beds from Ikea, and when I clicked on that option, the cue just disappeared from the queue.

All righty! The mod works fine as intended. Is there anything else you want us to break test for you?

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: 2008 July 15, 19:35:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shortly.  I am just doing the no-move-in option.

aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2008 July 16, 00:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i'm pretty sure that the sim in the picture on the name box is the sim that gets called to the arch, not directed to it.

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
Lum
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2008 July 16, 03:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fooled around a bit with that the other day:

I believe the options are "keep last name" (keeps that sim's last name, obviously), "Other sim" and "sim in the picture"

If 'sim in the picture' is chosen, then the last name of the couple will be from the one in the picture. However, it's the face of the sim you're NOT controlling. Ex. Mary Sue (the controlled sim at the time) marries Gary Mark. I believe the non-controllable sim's face shows up (in this case, Gary) and if I choose 'sim in picture', the couple will be 'Mary and Gary Mark'.

Again, if Mary is the sim I'm controlling, the other sim's face shows up. If I choose 'other sim', Mary's last name is chosen: Mary and Gary Sue.

I could be wrong, but I think that's the gist of it. The trick is to keep track of the uncontrollable sim's last name, then choose if you want to keep it or lose it.

[Edited because I screwed up a bit. I think the method is a bit counter intuitive as is. I'm still not sure if I got it right.]
« Last Edit: 2008 July 16, 03:15:41 by Lum » Logged
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2008 July 16, 04:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Won't the options counteract against Pescado's Marriage-Traditional mod? This mod allows the same-sex couples to retain their last names as well as new wives taking on their husbands' last names regardless of who initiated the marriage proposal.

Okay, I see that the "no move-in" option would be added. How does this work? I'm not sure if this is useful because then the siblings would already be living on the same lot when one of them initiates the marriage proposal.

aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2008 July 16, 04:58:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the options are:
(1) last name of sim in picture
(2) last name of sim NOT pictured
(3) and no change.

so if john doe is pictured and jane smith isn't it would be as follows.
(1) john and jane doe
(2) john and jane smith
(3) john doe and jane smith

the last name change has nothing to do with who is currently selected when the dialog pops up.

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: 2008 July 16, 07:56:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The question about moving in would hopefully only come up if it was relevent.

Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2008 July 16, 08:14:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The question about moving in would hopefully only come up if it was relevent.

As in related sims already living on different lots. Okay, I'll look into it when you have it up and ready for that part of testing.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: 2008 July 16, 08:43:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As in related sims already living on different lots.

*Any* sim living on different lots.  The primary purpose for this arch is marrying unrelated adult sims who just don't happen to be in love enough to accept marriage at a standard arch.

edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2008 July 16, 08:52:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would need the option not to move in when I create a new hood, or in my last case that my computer broke down and I had to buy a new one and reinstall. Normally after modifying the facial structure of all the monsters and changed their name to something I can remember, I use to join them as family. So, I marry two townies and make them to parents to another teenager or child. So, I have also the extra sims gathered as families. To do this I have to move them in, make the relations and move them out again (and then they lose all their memories). In fact I would like to do this without having to move anyone in (or at least only the one I want to have in).
This I could test.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: 2008 July 20, 13:37:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have uploaded the optional move-in update to the post on page 2

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: 2008 July 22, 07:35:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I assume from the lack of comments that the optional move-in is working as intended?

edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2008 July 23, 10:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tested and approved 100%.
Sorry for the delay, but after the info that companies are granting themselves the right to extract private details from private computers, it is increasing reluctancy and discredit to internet use.
Thanks very much. Your mod is perfect.
edespino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2008 July 23, 12:20:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i  agreed is great this hack, dont plan use it right now and not all the time but giveme more options  Grin

thank you.

Sorry my english, i speak spanish
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: 2008 July 23, 12:48:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tested and approved 100%.

TFTF Smiley

edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2008 July 25, 09:47:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Inge!
Is there any possibility that you also extend the options for your teleporter (I use a cat teleporter), so that it is also possible to adopt someone without moving it in?
Some of my townies have children but when I marry them I would like the new spouse to adopt the children too. Using the insimenator it is possible to make someone to your parent or child but the game does not translate the new relationships correctly. Your teleporter instead make a very good search for familiars and readjust them correctly. The only problem is that both have to be residents. I'm coming to the conclusion that your hacks work much better in connection to YOUR hacks. So, I would like to combine them. Thank you.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: 2008 July 25, 13:40:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can try but I am afraid I have rather a backlog of stuff to do.

edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2008 July 25, 14:24:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No worries. I'm not in a hurry and whenever it is ready, it is good for me. I'll keep on checking this thread or your site for possible update. Thanks very much.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: 2008 August 12, 02:23:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally got around to using this.
Some errata for you:

When sims move in by getting married at the arch, they complain that there are too many sims in the house.  (They still manage to move in, though.)
When YA sims move in by getting married at the arch, they do not automatically age into adults.
For some reason, I don't seem to be able to use the ordinary wedding arch to marry engaged couples anymore.
When one of the sims got married, he had a married-a-rich-sim icon over his head, but his memory just says "got married to..." and not "got married to ...., a rich sim."

Otherwise, it works great.  I was a little worried that there would slapping when I tried to marry a sim with her first husband present, but there wasn't.  Yay!

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: