More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:05:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  [Work in progress] Polygamy or marriage of convenience
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: [Work in progress] Polygamy or marriage of convenience  (Read 305707 times)
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
Re: [Work in progress] Polygamy or marriage of convenience
« Reply #75 on: 2008 July 10, 20:19:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seasons came out in March 2007, a month before Marhis came up with this mod. I don't remember which stuff packs came out in between, but I think (correct me if I am wrong), there were a couple - Celebration and H&M stuff packs. BV came out in September 2007.

Wasn't there a problem with one of the wedding arches that came with Celebration? I remembered having some trouble using it for a couple of playables at the time that stuff pack came out.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: 2008 July 10, 23:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps Marhis didn't realize it. One of the EP changed the wedding arch so that you would change into formal wear instead of the default dresses. I don't think there were any changes to it after that. Was it Pets?

That was OFB, actually.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Twilight Oracle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2008 July 11, 10:14:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I do need expansion packs for this to work? Damn, that's really disappointing...

Wish had the money and transportation to get to the nearest mall.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: 2008 July 11, 11:15:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Buy online Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2008 July 11, 14:57:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you could acquire online. Remember, BV on has SecuROM.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Lum
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2008 July 11, 17:44:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'Buy'? What is this 'buy' you speak of? If you're not terribly interested in getting many EPs, I'd get Seasons and leave it like that. BV has Securom and you might not want to deal with that crap, and Pets have pets, which is....good if you like that sort of thing. (I sure don't.) Seasons, I feel, is a happy medium. It lacks Suckorom, plus you get actual seasons and that's cool.

Pirate Bay: It's a pirate life for meee!

Twilight Oracle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008 July 11, 23:55:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's BV and SecuRom? Sorry, I'm not very good with computers.

Sure wish I could drive.  Tongue
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2008 July 12, 00:00:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BV is Bon Voyage an EP for the Sims 2.  Google is your friend or you can just use the search function here at MATY. You should find all kinds of links and info about SecuRom.
Lum
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2008 July 12, 00:14:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dude, if you're a computer beginner or don't know much about Sims 2, I'd SO stay the hell away from BV and the expansion packs that come after it, at least for now. (BV means the Bon Voyage, in case you're wondering. As for the rest of it, Google is indeed your friend. Wikipedia also knows all. Bow to teh Wikipedia.)
eluvssushi
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2008 July 13, 23:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey people! I'm having some problems, so I'm going to ask if I'm doing something wrong, or if my computer is. Here goes: It works! Not.  I can go through the whole thing, but right after the wedding (female to male, adult to adult) the 'error!' message shows up! I have tried re-installing in case I missed something. I only have nightlife, so maybe it requires another EP. But the thing is, it works almost perfectly, I have no trouble placing it on the lot, and no trouble with the option to marry several people, but RIGHT AFTER the ceremony the error thing pops up! I know not to press delete, so I have been pressing reset, but that resets to before the wedding occured! Can someone tell me whats wrong?!!  Huh
This is a GREAT idea, by the way. Now I can make a Big Love family for myself!
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2008 July 14, 00:48:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Proper sentences are your friends.
2. In case you can't/don't read either, the arch seems to require OFB due to game changes. I suggest that you get that problem fixed and try again.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
eluvssushi
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2008 July 14, 02:44:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It fixed itself! I had BoolProp on. Maybe that's why. I don't have OFB and it works for me. The only problem now is that in the relationship it doesn't show married. Only to the last sim I married them too. But they have the memories. That's good. I think Inge said something about that. I thought they fixed it though.
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2008 July 14, 03:50:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cheat boolprop testingcheatsenabled true does NOT CAUSE ERRORS, it only reports them.  It is likely that your game is still throwing up errors, but you can't see them with debug mode off.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: 2008 July 14, 09:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a known phenomenon.  Posters who report errors that no one else gets, typically report them with their first ever post from an account.  I tend to make more effort fixing errors reported by regular posters.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2008 July 14, 11:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't discriminate against first-time-poster reports, as some of them may simply LURK MOAR, which is a good thing. After all, why post if you have nothing to say? I do, however, give relatively low priority to people who demonstrate a penchant for installing all manner of crap from widely varying sources, especially when they repeatedly post errors from things that have nothing to do with me. I keep track of who all the kitten killers are. This is a kitten-friendly site!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: 2008 July 14, 11:50:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have OFB and it works for me.

To be more precise, this arch will work if you have any one of these:

1. OFB
2. Any other EP released after OFB
3. Any SP except for Happy Holiday Stuff

I believe wedding arch codes were not changed much after OFB enabled formal wear. BV enabled community wedding for the base game arch, but that's about it.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: 2008 July 14, 12:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't discriminate against first-time-poster reports, as some of them may simply LURK MOAR, which is a good thing. After all, why post if you have nothing to say?

I have reason to believe there are one or more people (who knows how many people operate how many sock puppets) who find it amusing to post false bug reports.  I cannot be sure either or both these posters are an example of that, as they haven't supplied enough information about their respective problems to be able to confirm or deny it exists (stating what the error message said would be a good start!), but it has happened often enough that I no longer spend hours trying to track reports from new accounts unless another player is experiencing the same thing.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2008 July 14, 14:42:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(stating what the error message said would be a good start!)
Or at least giving a picture. If there's anything you can learn to expect from the simming community, it's kids who think it's funny to post diatribes about things that are not at all possible. It doesn't exist if there aren't any pictures.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2008 July 14, 15:41:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And sometimes, not even then!  Wink

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
MadameUgly
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2008 July 14, 18:48:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before I download and play with this, I want to make sure I fully understand what I'm getting myself into.

This version of the wedding arch allows for poly marriage WITHOUT romance drama?  Or will I still need to manage the jealousy with another hack (either turning it off completely with insim or using ACR/romance mods)?  If it does manage jealousy between the married sims, does it also manage the jealousy for children (I hate kids bawling because they feel their parents are cheating)?

What about breakups?  If, say, three sims are all married to each other and sim 1 wants to end it with sim 2 but NOT sim 3, doable?  How would jealousy work in this situation (that is, if this hack manages jealousy)?

(I know I could just whip this into my game and play with it, but if it's not made to do what I'm looking for, I'd rather not bother putting it in at all--also, I'm a wimp when it comes to blindly trying new things).

Want decent sim stories?  Go forth and read: http://madame-ugly.livejournal.com/
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: 2008 July 14, 19:15:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The arch just makes the ceremony available to all sims without pre-testing their relationship or marital status.  It doesn't actually continue affecting the relationship after the ceremony is complete.  If you use it to marry one eligible man to one eligible woman, their relationship will be handled by the game just the same as if they had used the original arch.

If you use it to marry one man to seven wives, or two children together, I have *no* idea what will happen in the game when various events take place.  Will a child show jealousy if her betrothed has an adult affair?  Will the wives be automatically jealous of each other?  No idea.

Break up availabilty will be same as if you had used the original arch.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2008 July 14, 20:11:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can tell you that if Sim A and B get married, then Sim A and C get married, Sim B will not be jealous of the A/C marriage ceremony. Further romantic acts I'm not sure of and didn't test. I suspect it would depend on your hack cocktail.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Lum
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2008 July 14, 20:38:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For future reference, here's what's up in my game:

Leia and Lainey are married to same dude, Gary. They show no jealousy when he flirts with either wife, in fact, they hardly care. Later on, I married the girls between themselves. Gary didn't care. They are, literally, all married to each other.

(Before I married them, ACR told me the girls weren't attracted to each other, even though they were best friends. Once I married them, the red hearts showed up.)

Now, Gary made out with male lover. Wives threw a huge fit, and both slapped him, one after the other (It was hilarious!). They both show the 'break up' with Gary, but the marriage between themselves is still going strong. Both wish to see the lover dead.

I guess the next step is to have one of them break up with Gary in the name of science, but I don't feel like it right now. It may interest you to know that Gary has a favorite wife, Leia, who has two bolts while Lainey only has one. He always rolls 'be best friends' with the two-bolter Leia, which would save their marriage, while Lainey is sadly neglected.

I'd say it adds to the realism, don't you?
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2008 July 15, 10:43:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Inge! I hope you're still reading this thread. Finished testing this mod and I could say it's Peeerrrfect! I created a couple of pointy ear Sims and made them to siblings. In game I regret the first decision and wanted them as a couple. Used your Arch, that by the way, I liked the design (hate the heart with bells Smiley ) and married them instead. No problem, they didn't stop being siblings (their children that are not from one another) still consider the sister as a cousin.
To make it more complicated I created 3 more female Sims and made them to siblings. Then I married them all to the same male Sim.
Now he has 4 wives and all of them are holding rings and have 3Bolts attraction to him. In the family tree it is shown only the last female that married him as his wife, but click on the others and they are individually connected. So, poligamy works and early regrets also works. I got option even to marry BigFoot. Good, I have a special skin to create a Mrs. BigFoot but I didn't have the option to marry him.
All this bla-bla-bla is just to ask you something: you once mentioned in your site that you could continue developping TS2 in spite of TS3 and it was mentioned that the same was thought about TS1 when TS2 was out and many simply abandoned TS1 completely (me inclusive).
Not now. From all what is told about TS3 we are being convinced that it is not what we want. TS2 has a very big potential open and I fear that EA/Maxis is releasing an extra EP to close this opening before launching TS3.
I don't care for securiRom and whatever because when you are not doing anything wrong you have nothing to fear. I use DVD only to launch the game and I never take the original out of the DVD rom, so I don't know what do I have to blame.
I installed the patch I found at the link to the official site, installed it and the only thing that stopped working was the Phone Line. I redownloaded Pescado hack and it is on again. All the rest works. Everything that EA patches are things that I don't use anyway, so it doesn't affect me on a thing.
I know by experience that it takes about 2 years before the first tool is able to make any useful adaptation on the game for personal use. People still think that mods are "MUST HAVE" and not alternatives for your game. They come on line and say "but this is going to destroy this or that". Well, Maxis destroys my dreams, I just reconstruct them, no one is forced to follow me.
I doubt I'm ever going to buy TS3 but I like TS2 with all the defects and would like to continue to work on it. If there's no one else interested to continue on it and prefers to merge to TS3, I don't see any reason to keep an internet connection either. To do it solo, I can be on my own at my dear computer. I don't want to play online ever.  And to say the truth I don't like internet. (Don't bother to contra-opinion, I don't care). Smiley

I have ALL EPs and Stuff Packs and I paid for each one and they are ALL in my desk (three of each, one for each of my three computers, though two of them poofed - I'll repair them when I have time and right mood!)

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
90% of the people in this planet should use the brain outside the cranium. It is only decorative anyway!

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: 2008 July 15, 11:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can married siblings woohoo (without using further hacks to allow incest)?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: