More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:54:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  [Work in progress] Polygamy or marriage of convenience
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: [Work in progress] Polygamy or marriage of convenience  (Read 305705 times)
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
Re: [Work in progress] Polygamy or marriage of convenience
« Reply #50 on: 2008 July 04, 14:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe its just his way of reacting on being married? lol
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2008 July 05, 07:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow this is fantastic, you are so awesome!  Grin
ilikefishfood
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 July 05, 09:03:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is tremendous for my arranged marriage story-lines. Oh dearest Inge, thanks for the update!

"Chaos, panic, disorder; my work here is done."
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 July 06, 10:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't care at all for consumation. To say the truth I think all Eaxis "woohoos" are cold shower anyway.
I've been using a mod from Monique that I just click on a crib and get the future heir for the family, no matter how stone old they are. And after I saw the animations for "woohoo in hammock", I start to believe that the development personnel at the producer are ... what to say ... in forever celibatary state?
I just want that my fortune Sims can marry without having to fall in love. I'm fed up of speeding up the process via Insim, only so that I marry two Sims. It is cheating anyway, then I want to cheat accordingly.
Things don't match anyway in the Maxian family tree. Of course it was corrected something that disturbed me in the past, when married Sims started to flirt around even in the presence of legal partner. In my game at least this is no more happening.
Sims that do not have 3 bolts to the partner tends to ignore one another. So, I suppose that in the case of multiple marriage, Sims will care for the ones they like best. It seems very fascinating.
This is just a game and has nothing to do with real world anyway. If one is going to break rules, it seems better to break it in phantasy. I use to do a lot of strange things in my game, sometimes unacceptable in real world. But I'm quite disciplinated and legal follower in real world.  Anyway for a simple example, I do not understand at all that one can make Sim skins with big boobies and all the nude around, but it became pervers if you include nipples in it. What is wrong with nipples? Baby bottles without the gummi?
The sense for pervers in TS2 is very childish. You enter Adult sites and all you can see there is posts to allow same sex relations.
I don't want any sex. I want stories that justify the way TS2 was first announced in Sweden. It showed a pic of a couple getting married - a blond sex bomb and a very old guy. The blondie was smiling ear to ear because the grimreaper was arriving to the wedding. This is not exactly what I want to see, but somehow cold as well.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008 July 07, 14:54:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims that do not have 3 bolts to the partner tends to ignore one another. So, I suppose that in the case of multiple marriage, Sims will care for the ones they like best. It seems very fascinating.
I play with ACR, so sim couples with any bolts are all over each other, though 3-bolters are definitely more so. My last polygamist setup was quite some time ago, but it was one guy and three girls. The guy was in love with all of the girls and the girls were all good friends (my rule for Free Love Cult), with two of the girls also in love with each other. The three-bolt relationship was definitely the most prolific, but honestly, with four adults involved and a final count of 15 ACR-induced children (I had the override to always try for babies), no one sim was getting all that much more than they would have in a normal relationship.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Twilight Oracle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 July 09, 05:37:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having a problem with this hack. I tried downloading both the old and updated versions, and both times the icon for the arch showed up in my game just fine, but for some reason I can't pull out the arch from the Buy menu to actually place it on the lot so I can use it. I tried re downloading it and everything, but it still won't work, and I can't figure out what's wrong. By the way, I only have the core game. Can anyone help me?  Sad
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2008 July 09, 07:25:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a bit of a problem first time too.  Zoom out a way, so that where you are going to put it is near the middle of your screen.  What type of lot were you trying to place it on though?  Maybe it didn't get categorised for that type of lot.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Twilight Oracle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 July 09, 10:31:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just trying to place it on a normal, 4x4 residential lot..  Sad
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2008 July 09, 12:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok so what happens - you pick the thing from the catalog, and when you start to drag onto the lot, do you see the arch and the green squares or not?  Do you not see them, or do you see them but they just won't set down?   Have you tried on perfectly flat terrain without any floor tiles?  And on flat floor tiles too?

Finally, I notice this object prompted you to register and post your first post ever on this site.  What name do you use on other Sims 2 sites?
« Last Edit: 2008 July 09, 13:02:19 by Inge » Logged

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2008 July 09, 14:19:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge, thanks for updating this so that sims don't have to be engaged first! That's a major help!!!

This is going to be super awesome in the future of matytown.. what with mens being in such short supply. muahahahahahah.
Twilight Oracle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2008 July 09, 20:48:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I select the arch and try drag it out on the lot, the arch and the green squares just don't appear.. it acts like I've only the hand tool selected or something..  Cry And the entire lot is perfectly flat terrain..

My name on MikeInside is also Twilight Oracle, and my name the ModTheSims2 is RejectedxReality.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 July 09, 21:43:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I select the arch and try drag it out on the lot, the arch and the green squares just don't appear.. it acts like I've only the hand tool selected or something..  Cry And the entire lot is perfectly flat terrain..

My name on MikeInside is also Twilight Oracle, and my name the ModTheSims2 is RejectedxReality.

It sounds like you have something conflicting with the maxis arch or overwriting it. That's something that can happen when two objects are using the same guid.
Inge, does this hack do anything to the maxis arch? Would another ache replacement cause problems? Like one of those that allow the arch on community lots or some such?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 2008 July 09, 22:07:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't really look into all the resources in detail, just the relevant BHAVs for the changes I wanted to make.  I had started with the assumption that all the GUIDs and categorisations were in order, as there had been no existing complaints.  Nothing I have done should/could have stopped it being placeable if it was already, or made it clash with anything if it did not already

Maybe it's erroring in Twilight's game.  Twilight, have you got testingcheats on?

Twilight Oracle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 July 09, 22:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you mean the boolprop testingcheatsenabled cheat? I tried that too... nothing's working.  Cry
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 2008 July 09, 22:19:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No...  turn it on and leave it on.  Let me know if you get a message pop up when you try to buy the wedding arch.

Twilight Oracle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2008 July 09, 22:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did... I'm not getting any popups that I can see... it's not doing anything...
Kchan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2008 July 10, 03:49:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just want to say that this is working perfectly for me. I now have a rather twisted household from when I decided to test it - a teenage boy married his mother, another married woman and his teenaged sweetheart. They all live in the same house, and the two adult women have each spawned. Makes it much easier to teach the toddlers all the skills, as there's always at least two people at home with them.

Veni, Vici, Vetinari.
Twilight Oracle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2008 July 10, 04:19:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dammit, why won't it work for me?! Why do I always have such bad luck??  Cry

I feel bad now.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 10, 04:34:28 by Twilight Oracle » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2008 July 10, 04:36:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The fact that you're running just basegame? Maybe?

I just realized I could test it without saving the results. Duh. Remarried Megan & Virgil Omaha, which worked perfectly and will be cute in the future for couples that want to renew their vows...I'm thinking those Family sims with the dumb golden anniversary LTW. Then I had Megan marry the paperboy (teen), and that proceeded without a hitch. Well, there was a marriage-type hitch, but not a bug-type hitch.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Lum
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2008 July 10, 05:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just driving by to say thank you for the mod! It works great in the game. My romance sim Gary Philippe is well on his way to become a Cult Leader, and his two wives have already given birth to his sons, Nero and Caligula. Unfortunately, the wives are pissed at him for making out with neighbor Jacques Gilbert. Hmm, perhaps a future husband? Time will tell...
Twilight Oracle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2008 July 10, 09:19:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why? What expansions do I need for this to work?!  Cry
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: 2008 July 10, 09:43:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Marhis cloned it in April 2007.  What EP came out in March or April that year?

Twilight Oracle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2008 July 10, 10:02:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dammit.. the orignial post didn't say it need expansion packs...  Sad
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2008 July 10, 15:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps Marhis didn't realize it. One of the EP changed the wedding arch so that you would change into formal wear instead of the default dresses. I don't think there were any changes to it after that. Was it Pets?

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: 2008 July 10, 15:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also there are resource formats in it that basegame didn't understand.  I would advise everyone to get Pets or a post-pets EP.  After that, resources didn't change as much.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: