More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:55:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Playsets & Toys
| | | |-+  Fruitbowl of Awesomeness: Death To All Nesses Edition
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fruitbowl of Awesomeness: Death To All Nesses Edition  (Read 82991 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Fruitbowl of Awesomeness: Death To All Nesses Edition
« on: 2007 April 16, 00:28:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Death to all Nesses!

fruitbowl.zip

Fruitbowl of Awesomeness for TS2Seasons
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado & Doctor Boris)

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

Special Thanks To:
Hobbsee the Scrawny Pencil Neck
Fat, Hairy-Bellied Ness
Rohina the Ugly Butted

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

FEATURES:
Allows produce to be stored, sold in bulk packages at OFB businesses, and
dispensed in manageable doses, all while avoiding a laggy dialog if you
so choose. You can even sell them en-masse in a Dumb Ness-like manner.
Death to all Nesses.

COMPATIBILITY:
This hack is fully compatible with all FFS hacks. Tested for TS2Seasons.
Death to all Nesses.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.
« Last Edit: 2007 May 05, 16:19:48 by Venusy » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: Fruitbowl of Awesomeness: Death To All Nesses Edition
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 16, 15:07:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The menu options to move stuff around between your inventory and the bowl are incredible.  Beats hell out of using the dialog.

There are options to "make juice" and "serve juice" but all that happens is that the Sim removes the necessary ingredients from the bowl and places them in his inventory.   Is this intentional, or was the Sim intended to either magically produce juice without the juicer, or go to the juicer automatically and work from there?

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
daysies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 16, 16:19:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the risk of getting my lips ripped off, what are we supposed to look for?  Is this a new object in buy mode or is this just added functionality to the existing juicer?  Or am I missing this completely?  Smiley  I hate that dialog, too!
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 16, 17:26:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look from the fruitbowl in misc. misc. Should cost about a 1?

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
daysies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 16, 18:25:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look from the fruitbowl in misc. misc. Should cost about a 1?
Found it.  It's in Misc - All (infinity sign).

Just a couple observations:

I chose Store Everything..Then I checked my Sims inventory and he still has produce.  Looks like there's a max of 500 (and I've maxed it out to 500).  Could that be because I have JFade's juicer hack that allows for more stock?  Should it be infinite?

Also, it doesn't add any boots.  My Sim has 8 boots and it shows that 0 were stocked in the fruitbowl and they're still in his inventory.

Just an idea:

It would also be cool if someone could make an Igloo cooler/ice chest that you could store your fish in.  Same concept as the fruitbowl one, but for fish.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 16, 18:39:45 by daysies » Logged
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 16, 19:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JFade's juicer only allows 300 items.  And if you have more than 500 items in your inventory, only the first 500 will be stored.  I've seen boots stored without problems.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 16, 19:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a couple observations:

I chose Store Everything..Then I checked my Sims inventory and he still has produce.  Looks like there's a max of 500 (and I've maxed it out to 500).  Could that be because I have JFade's juicer hack that allows for more stock?  Should it be infinite?

Also, it doesn't add any boots.  My Sim has 8 boots and it shows that 0 were stocked in the fruitbowl and they're still in his inventory.

Just an idea:

It would also be cool if someone could make an Igloo cooler/ice chest that you could store your fish in.  Same concept as the fruitbowl one, but for fish.
Nah, my hack is a global one, this is a standalone object.

And as far as the igloo thing, I'm working on a pantry that will do that. Should be done soon.  Smiley

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
daysies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 16, 19:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah, my hack is a global one, this is a standalone object.

And as far as the igloo thing, I'm working on a pantry that will do that. Should be done soon.  Smiley
DOH!  Sorry, that was a brain fart on my part.  Smiley  I guess I didn't have enough coffee in me when I wrote that.

Ooh, I've heard about some pantry object that was part of Sims 1.  I've been wanting something like that for Sims 2.  It was on my own personal request list.  I can't wait to try it out, Jfade!  (An unlimited inventory-type object for both fish and produce is what I've been looking for.)

JFade's juicer only allows 300 items.  And if you have more than 500 items in your inventory, only the first 500 will be stored.  I've seen boots stored without problems.

Hook

I guess I'll buy another fruitbowl and stock it again with everything.  I wonder why it didn't take any boots when it took some from each type of produce.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 16, 21:38:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also buy the bowl under the garden plot section in build mode.

Am I being thick?  I can't seem to get it to satisfy my weird Nessly urges of being able to sell all produce from the plant.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 16, 23:26:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

500 is the max. Increasing the limit beyond that risks overflow issues. Eggplants are $33, which means if you stored 1000 eggplants, the value of the bowl would be $33K, which would exceed the maximum integer size of the game, causing it to wrap around and go negative. Bad.

Boots will store, you just maxed out.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 April 21, 17:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am also wondering why the bowl has menu options to make and serve juice, but all it does it put the produce back into inventory.

If this object is supposed to reduce clicking, why doesn't it actually make the juice?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 April 22, 11:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because it is not a juicer. The "Serve Juice" option dispenses the necessary ingredients into your inventory. You can then dispense multiple times to have multiple servings in your inventory, which could then, say, store in another bowl with "Store All" and then tag it for sale and sell fruits in juice-shaped servings, or you could actually put in the juicer and make juice, or whatever.

purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 April 22, 16:26:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't know this was an option. I didn't see it in the RTFM. Now I have to have this mod. It drives me crazy filling the juicer one click at a time! Combined with Jfade's juicer, I should be a happier person.  I've become a juice-a-holic. Is there a 12 step for that?

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 April 22, 16:29:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure that's the sort of thing you seek, but it will speed up stocking the juicer in that it takes the guesswork and measurement out of filling it.

purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 April 22, 16:47:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that is exactly what I seek.  Wink  Between the two mods, it should make my life a lot easier. Thanks again. Baaaaaah.
ETA: this does exactly what I want it to do. I can use the make juice option to prepackage the doses and then stock  the juicer. No more guesswork. I also adore the inventory feature. I now have 3 of these little babies on a lot. Filled to the brim. I am putting one of them in my teen's inventory to take to Uni. Just another benefit I will probably frequently use.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 23, 17:40:57 by purplehaze » Logged

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 April 24, 02:30:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dunno why this happened or how to help, but I had a lot of trouble with this thing.

I put this on my tester sim's lot. (tiny 1x2 lot with a one-room house, a car, kitchen items and Monique's hacked computer. Nothing else.) Nothing changed. Then I used the computer's "buy online" options to cheat and get me some produce for testing. Bought 10 of each kind of produce. The lot suddenly played very slowly. I clicked "store all" on the fruit basket, and when the sim got the the game froze for roughly 30-40 seconds, then the "putting stuff in the basket" animation went off and everything was fine, even the slowdown from before was gone. Went to retrieve my produce, same lockdown for about half a minute, then the slowdown returned. Deleted the produce in inventory and no slowdown. Bought more produce (only 30, 10 each of 3 kinds), and there was slowdown but not as bad. Deleted the fruit bowl and the slowdown was gone.

I really would like to use this but as it is I can't. Sad

I'd be happy to recreate the problem, but I've never made an error log, so someone would have to give me the "for dummies" steps to doing so.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 April 24, 08:37:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd say, it's not the fruitbowl causing you trouble, but the combination of fruitbowl + computer. Have you tried without the computer already?

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 April 24, 09:04:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put this on my tester sim's lot. (tiny 1x2 lot with a one-room house, a car, kitchen items and Monique's hacked computer. Nothing else.) Nothing changed. Then I used the computer's "buy online" options to cheat and get me some produce for testing. Bought 10 of each kind of produce.
I blame the non-Awesome.

seven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 April 24, 22:19:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works great for me.  Just want to verify  - is it supposed to disappear if I "sell all" ?

Just accept that it is smarter than you, and let it do its thing.   ~guess who
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 April 24, 23:34:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works great for me.  Just want to verify  - is it supposed to disappear if I "sell all" ?
Yes, the bowl poofs if you sell all.

CrystylVu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 April 28, 20:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I may have pulled a Ness.  When sim A goes to take out lets say all oranges from the fruitbowl and already has oranges in her inventory her inventory is not updated and the oranges that were in the bowl have magically disapeared.  I dunno if this is because I was too quick on checking inventory after the pulling out of stocks or it's a bug/conflict.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 April 28, 21:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Close SimPE before starting your game, or else the inventory will always fail to change.

CrystylVu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 April 29, 04:47:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

..but I don't use SimPe I am too unawesome to use the program and each time I do I ensure a BFBOMP (big fiery ball of massive proportions)  Shall i reproduce the event and try getting a log?  I dunno if it will do anything as it doesn't seem to cause an error or a jump in my sim but certainly worth a shot if you are willing to take a look at it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 April 29, 04:54:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure you're using the latest version, too.

akatarli
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 May 05, 15:25:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever I try to stock the fruitbowl, the action disapears and nothing happens.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: