More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 04:38:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Faster harvesting hack needed
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Faster harvesting hack needed  (Read 14278 times)
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Faster harvesting hack needed
« on: 2007 April 15, 17:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anybody else bothered by the fact that it takes hours and hours for a single Sim to harvest a decent-size garden plot?  A 4x4 plot planted with tomatoes took my Sim (with silver gardening badge) something like 12 Sim-hours to harvest all of it.  Do more active Sims harvest faster?  Does having a gold gardening badge help?  I would love to see a hack that speeds up this process.  I'm finding it really tedious.

Leticron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Faster harvesting hack needed
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 15, 17:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, not really....I think that's a great opportunity to claim a golden gardening badge...tend a plot, water it, harvest a little and poof...the next badge is yours Cheesy
Tha way you could keep a sim working at home and still rake in some cash.
But then again...that's just me:D

-le
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 15, 18:21:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to clarify:  I'm talking about harvesting garden plots, not fruit trees.  The trees you can harvest in a few minutes each.  Why should the garden plots take hours?
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 15, 18:23:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find Servos are terrific for gardening chores as you can work them just about 24/7 and if their energy gets low, a quick nap gets them back up to speed.   

If the Servo has a high paying job (as most of mine do), then they get to garden after work.  It actually fulfills their fun need.   Cheap slave labor.   Cheesy

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 15, 21:30:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Monique made some gardening hacks over at the InSim site. You could check to see if any of them do what you want. I don't think they speed up the harvesting process, but I think they speed up something about gardening.

Fail.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 15, 21:35:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find Servos are terrific for gardening chores as you can work them just about 24/7 and if their energy gets low, a quick nap gets them back up to speed.   

If the Servo has a high paying job (as most of mine do), then they get to garden after work.  It actually fulfills their fun need.   Cheap slave labor.   Cheesy

I have to agree with you there, but I would also do this with Plantsims. I would spawn them just for the sake of tending the plants, and you would almost never have to worry about them, and at times they can just run outside and have their water need filled by the rain. I am somewhat upset that Servos don't freak out in the rain, though, with their intense aversion to water.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 15, 23:06:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Monique's hack speeds up Talking to trees.  Which is much needeed.  Normal people don't have full blown conversations with their freaking plants, only people with a somewhat weak grasp on reality.  I mean who tells a joke to a plant ?? And then laughs. ??  Oh her hack also gives you the option Talk to many.  Also much needed.

I was thinking of spawning some plantsims to be used as garden slaves.  I haven't done so yet.  Maybe JM will do a Garden USES you.

I also wish that we could transfer stuff from inventories more easily.   60 tomatoes mean 60 clicks.  Ouch, can I sue EA for my carpal tunnel problem?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 15, 23:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Monique's hack speeds up Talking to trees.  Which is much needeed.  Normal people don't have full blown conversations with their freaking plants, only people with a somewhat weak grasp on reality.  I mean who tells a joke to a plant ?? And then laughs. ??  Oh her hack also gives you the option Talk to many.  Also much needed.
Well, normal people don't talk to plants at all, because it doesn't really help. I figure it SHOULD take awhile if it's gonna magically bring a plant back from the brink of death.

I was thinking of spawning some plantsims to be used as garden slaves.  I haven't done so yet.  Maybe JM will do a Garden USES you.
Exists already. BRY + Macrotastics + Be Farmer FTW.

I also wish that we could transfer stuff from inventories more easily.   60 tomatoes mean 60 clicks.  Ouch, can I sue EA for my carpal tunnel problem?
An item that deals with this is currently in testing. Expect it to be out soon.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 15, 23:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, do you think the harvesting could be taken out of the garden macros?

Sometimes I have sims that I'd like to sell their produce directly from the plants (damn fortune sims and their ear §100000!).  Alternatively, I at times only want my gold badge garden sims to be talking to plants to make them healthier and get working on building up another sim's garden badges (send the low badge sim out to do all they can, then send the gold badge sim out, then get the lower badge sim to harvest, etc).  The current macro set up is making this impossible.

How about a separate harvest all/sell all macro?
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 15, 23:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the meantime, as far as the inventory is concerned, you can use this until the Awesomeness becomes available:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=228385

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 April 16, 00:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, do you think the harvesting could be taken out of the garden macros?

Sometimes I have sims that I'd like to sell their produce directly from the plants (damn fortune sims and their ear §100000!).
I really don't understand why you'd care to try to earn $100K this way, considering that it won't happen. Let's run the numbers: A single Mouthwatering Eggplant,the best of the best, runs for $33. That's IT. Now let's say you sell an entire *500* of the damn things, which is a lot. You get a mere $16.5K, a pittance compared to the $100K you need. Puny, even. Nonetheless, despite how stupid this idea is, an option will be added in the Shiny Fruitbowl to satisfy your Dumb Nessly Urges.

Death to all Nesses.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 16, 00:12:41 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 April 16, 00:13:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did I mention that was the *only* way I have my sims earn their money?

But thank you for accommodating my peculiar urges. 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 April 16, 00:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Death to all Nesses.

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 April 16, 00:35:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am somewhat upset that Servos don't freak out in the rain, though, with their intense aversion to water.

Nah.  They have the necessary sealing so that minute amounts of water cannot damage them.  The seals are not good enough to protects from total immersion in water, however.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 April 16, 00:39:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nor from fixing showers, IIRC.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 April 16, 00:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe Servos are only protected from bombardment from above. Death to all Nesses.

Spicey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 April 16, 02:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i hate servos.  they give me the creeps. Shocked
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 April 16, 02:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am somewhat upset that Servos don't freak out in the rain, though,

Mine do have a very odd reaction to snow; each of my three Servos that were outdoors during the first snowfall immediately jumped into the pool.
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 April 16, 03:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This doesn't directly address your request but it's the closest I've come to:  http://simlogical.com/dinnerbell/index.php?topic=521.0 .  It allows you to harvest immediately.  I guess the harvesting will still be time-consuming, but I couldn't find anything better. 

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 April 16, 05:54:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, normal people don't talk to plants at all, because it doesn't really help.

Apparently, so I've read somewhere, talking to plants is useful because people are blowing carbon dioxide at the plants as they are speaking. The plants supposedly like this.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 April 16, 08:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently, so I've read somewhere, talking to plants is useful because people are blowing carbon dioxide at the plants as they are speaking. The plants supposedly like this.

That's what I've heard too.  But it made me wonder what kind of use it could possibly be to have a servo garden then.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 April 16, 09:20:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This doesn't directly address your request but it's the closest I've come to:  http://simlogical.com/dinnerbell/index.php?topic=521.0 .  It allows you to harvest immediately.  I guess the harvesting will still be time-consuming, but I couldn't find anything better. 

I took a look at this, but it's not really what I'm looking for.  I don't need the crops to be harvestable the minute I plant them; I think it's more realistic to have to wait.  But when I do harvest them, I don't want to have one of my Sims spend all day doing it!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 April 16, 09:32:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would make sense, but then wouldn't it work better to use the fire extinguisher? Maybe I should make it so they can extinguish the plants...

I took a look at this, but it's not really what I'm looking for.  I don't need the crops to be harvestable the minute I plant them; I think it's more realistic to have to wait.  But when I do harvest them, I don't want to have one of my Sims spend all day doing it!
Hey, harvest time is always a busy time on a farm. Try BRY's "Be Farmer" option and get yourself some slaves. Slaves. You can never have too many slaves.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 April 16, 10:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would make sense, but then wouldn't it work better to use the fire extinguisher? Maybe I should make it so they can extinguish the plants...
Tough love.  Grin

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 April 16, 12:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tough love.  Grin
Do I have any other kind?

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: