More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 15, 21:45:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nasty Environment score on downloaded house
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nasty Environment score on downloaded house  (Read 10638 times)
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
Re: Nasty Environment score on downloaded house
« Reply #25 on: 2007 April 25, 16:00:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very interesting. I get a lot of lightning strikes..but only on trees or Sims.  Maybe I don't see the strikes on other objects or the house because I play walls down and zoomed in medium close.  I'm going to have to zoom out and put the walls up next time I have a nasty storm.

I tend to get a lot of rain/snow . Almost twice a day during Spring and at least once a day during Summer I have at least rain or lightning. Others complain that they don't get the storms. I also get a lot of deep snow.   I am curious as to what others are experiencing in the way of precipitation.

Listen for the big "crash" of thunder, and keep an eye on the build/buy mode buttons - they'll grey out after a strike.  When I see that happen, I always pause and zoom out to see what's been affected.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 April 25, 16:32:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to get a lot of rain/snow . Almost twice a day during Spring and at least once a day during Summer I have at least rain or lightning. Others complain that they don't get the storms. I also get a lot of deep snow.   I am curious as to what others are experiencing in the way of precipitation.
As with all other "random" Maxis coding, weather can fall into ruts. I've had runs of winters with only one day of light snow and nothing else. I've had winters where there was heavy snow from the last day of fall to the second day of spring and two snow days off from school. I've had one year with no rain at all, and others where it rained or hailed almost every non-winter day. I've had lots that seemed to be major lightning magnets with more than one storm a day and a tree that never seemed to get a chance to extinguish with the number of hits it was getting. In my current custom neighborhood (three residential lots so far, about three weeks of play) I haven't had a lightning strike yet, no significant storms, and very heavy snows.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 April 25, 16:44:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That trellis in the pic above that is being struck by lightning was one of my 'stuck objects' after the invisible fire. That may solve the mystery as to what the lighning struck when I was playing that lot. I've noticed that it really likes the little Lollipop trees also. One would think, like IRL, that lighting should gravitate to the highest object or the lone object in a barren spot of the terrain, like the lone golfer.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 April 25, 17:28:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't remember if the fire was invisible or not, it might have been.  I do remember that it took a while to track down where the error was coming from.  I had thought that perhaps it was caused by the custom fence I'd placed there, but judging by your reply it might be just the trellis plant itself. 

I've found lightning tends to favour the last few objects placed, at least that's the way it looks to me so far.  The large Weeping Willow is a current favourite target on my legacy farm, but before that was placed it was the two gnomes.

Lightning favoured the trellis plants at that dorm in the picture above, and when they were deleted, it went for the trees there instead.

Something is still nagging me about that incident pictured above, I can't remember if the tree on the left had error messages thrown too.

I wonder if it's because more than one object was on the same tile?
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: