More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:10:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Ford Mustang GT
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ford Mustang GT  (Read 31785 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Ford Mustang GT
« Reply #25 on: 2007 April 13, 17:26:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My bro-in-law tells me that red cars get pulled over more by cops and get more tickets than any other color.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 April 13, 17:48:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My bro-in-law tells me that red cars get pulled over more by cops and get more tickets than any other color.

Even unmarked white vans? My stepdad drove an unmarked white van for a long time because he'd haul construction equipment (he sold countertops and such for a living, before that he worked at home depot, so when you add in his own construction projects, he'd usually have lumber or granite in the back, I guess it was cheaper when he bought it than a pickup) and he had issues almost every time a robbery was committed.

INFP or something
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 April 13, 17:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd always thought that red cars were pulled over more often until I read this article at Snopes- http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/redcars.asp Now I'm not so sure.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 April 13, 19:14:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks cabelle, that's very interesting.  I think I will share this with my bro-in-law.  Wink
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 April 14, 03:23:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd always thought that red cars were pulled over more often until I read this article at Snopes- http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/redcars.asp Now I'm not so sure.

I had a red car for over two years... some sort of record for me as I generally sell them when the ash-tray is full Wink, but I never once was pulled over.  My current baby however..  it was made to be driven fast..  I have to keep it happy now, don't I. 

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 April 14, 05:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even unmarked white vans? My stepdad drove an unmarked white van for a long time because he'd haul construction equipment (he sold countertops and such for a living, before that he worked at home depot, so when you add in his own construction projects, he'd usually have lumber or granite in the back, I guess it was cheaper when he bought it than a pickup) and he had issues almost every time a robbery was committed.
The ideal vehicle to sneak around in is a hearse. Even if they find the body, who's gonna stop a hearse merely because there's a corpse in the back?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2007 April 14, 07:25:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing the new car I have this problem with the car headlights...any idea why? Cheesy

Needless to say I have deleted the stupid thing. I have plenty of better custom cars that do not cause this problem Tongue

flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 April 14, 08:26:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a bit of night travelling too, but the headlights are normal, so I wouldn't think the Mustang is the problem, but maybe someone more awesome could say for sure...

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 April 14, 08:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's weird.  I just tested this out on mine, and nothing usual happened.  Maybe it's your video card or the settings?  I have an ATI card.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 April 14, 08:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nVidia here, and nothing funky happens for me.
ScoobyDoo
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 April 14, 10:12:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having that happen too Emma... now I know which package is causing it.

If you look at it closely you'll see EP5 (5 i believe) text on the texture.
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 April 14, 10:21:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is how mine looks..  viewing it from a distance is the same, no distortion or anything ..

gjam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 April 14, 15:53:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen several reports of that headlight problem on the BBS. At least one claimed that all headlights of all cars were doing that until he pulled the Mustang back out of his downloads. 

::Shrug:: The usual sheeple credibility rules apply.

Now playing: UNI, NL, OFB, & Pets
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2007 April 14, 18:46:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I took it out and my headlights are back to normal.  I'll put it back in when I've got all the expansions installed on my new pc which will be shipped in 9 days. Not like I'm counting or anything..... Grin

Mine said 'Automatic' on the headlight texture. I have no idea why!

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 April 15, 01:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that I look closely at Emma's picture, I can see that there are words on it like ScoobyDoo mentioned, like when a texture is missing.  Weird.  I have all the EPs installed so I'm not using the car kit.  I take it you don't have all EPs loaded right now, Emma?  What EPs do you have right now, and are you using the car kit?
ScoobyDoo
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 April 15, 05:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually it said "TEP4" and some other words.  I accidently put the mustang back in while trying to fix my Insim clothing problem.  Yup all the cars got that missing/messed up  texture.
toriamos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 April 15, 21:35:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Over at MTS2  Numenor has recolors and looks like he has fixed the problem with the headlights.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 April 15, 21:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is how mine looks..  viewing it from a distance is the same, no distortion or anything ..

Yours looks like it  has a Tazzie in it!
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 April 15, 22:46:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently, if you don't have Pets installed, the texture is screwed up. Numenor's supposedly fixes it.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2007 April 15, 23:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have two computers with Sims 2 installed; one has all the expansions up to Pets, and the other doesn't have Pets or Nightlife.  I got the texture error on the lesser computer.  (I also noticed that the car usage package allows driving, car woohoo, etc., but not selling cars on those huge circular displays that came with OFB.)  I'll be trying out Numenor's fix.

flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 April 15, 23:55:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YAY!!  I was wondering if anyone would notice that..  of course there's a Tazzie in it..  Can you think of a more appropriate sim to be drivin', The SHTANG?  Wink

cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 April 16, 00:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the link to Numenor's fixed version- http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=228574 He also has two great looking recolors, yellow & black.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2007 April 16, 15:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the link to Numenor's fixed version- http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=228574 He also has two great looking recolors, yellow & black.

Thanks cabelle  Smiley

RainbowTigress, I don't have pets or seasons installed yet, but I do have nightlife and I haven't used the car kit.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 April 17, 03:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I checked out that fix by Numenor, and it sounds like it is just what you need!  Did someone say here it was caused by not having Pets?  I'm not sure what Pets did to cars, but it sounds consistent with your situation, Emma.
Taz
Lipless Loser

Whatever.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 April 17, 06:16:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YAY!!  I was wondering if anyone would notice that..  of course there's a Tazzie in it..  Can you think of a more appropriate sim to be drivin', The SHTANG?  Wink
Woot! My Shtang!   Grin  They did a good job on it, looks just like my baby, minus the stripes. Wink

I do have a lot of cruisers follow me around. I do know that having a red car increases the cost of the insurance.  Tongue

Fascinating.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: