More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 15:23:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  HUZZAH! Banned from Rentech.com!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: HUZZAH! Banned from Rentech.com!  (Read 217948 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: HUZZAH! Banned from Rentech.com!
« Reply #125 on: 2005 July 28, 16:46:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, hey, join the club. Welcome to the "Banned from Rentech.com" club.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2005 July 28, 16:59:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about a special forum with that name?  (Or so people would realise it didn't refer to solar energy:  Banned from VS)?

Zephyr Zodiac
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: 2005 July 28, 17:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ZephyrZodiac, have you emailed the Admin of VS to let them know the problem?  I don't think she has intended for people to be blocked other than perhaps Pesacdo,  it could be an error in the configuration

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2005 July 28, 17:12:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I must admit I haven't, I just saw that I was not allowed to start a thread, and beat a hasty retreat - feathers ruffled a bit, I guess.  Be interesting to know where everyone is in the same boat!

Zephyr Zodiac
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: 2005 July 28, 17:24:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I am going to let her know that at least one person seems to be having genuine problems posting, and see if she knows what's wrong.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2005 July 28, 17:27:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, as I said, I didn't actually attempt to start a thread, I just saw that I wasn't allowed to!

Zephyr Zodiac
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: 2005 July 28, 17:37:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, well if you find out you have problems after all, and you have any trouble contacting Rentechd, post again in this thread and I'll let her know.

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2005 July 28, 17:40:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is the site down?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2005 July 28, 17:50:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Appears to be!  What are you up to, Pescado? ::)ROFL

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2005 July 28, 18:23:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't do it. Just a routine router outage, seeing the same problems out on the #grah channel, which is still on the same server.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2005 July 28, 18:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bet you wish you had!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2005 July 28, 18:52:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, not really. If I really wished I had, I'd have done it by now.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2005 July 28, 20:44:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She'd probably like to do it to you, though!

Why do you want to kick Inge?

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2005 July 28, 22:28:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do you want to kick Inge?
That is the kind of dumb question you'd only ask if you've never been to the chat. Kicking Inge is an ancient and traditional ritual.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2005 July 28, 23:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've never been to "the chat" - I have enough chatting at SF, so I can't see why it's a dumb question!  If you came to SF and asked about something that was traditional there, nobody would say you were dumb to ask!  And why kick anyone!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2005 July 28, 23:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've never been to "the chat" - I have enough chatting at SF, so I can't see why it's a dumb question!  If you came to SF and asked about something that was traditional there, nobody would say you were dumb to ask!  And why kick anyone!
It's dumb because you're asking me why I would kick and abuse people. You should know better than to ask this by now.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2005 July 28, 23:22:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'd hoped I was wrong about you!

Zephyr Zodiac
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2005 July 29, 15:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, not to stir the pot (oh who am I kidding, let's stir the pot) here is a quote from Rentench's official post regarding bans:

"I have recently had numerous PM's requesting that this site post a banning list of who we have banned and why a person was banned. There are a few reasons we don't do this, but the main reason is that we do not ban people from this site, so a list would just be a waste of resources - a database search that returned nothing. If this site did ban it would not require a list for you to view - you can go look at any users profile and see their status."
She further states how banning is against policy and no one is ever banned, some people just cannot post:

"So if anyone has complained to you that they are ‘banned' from this site, and in turn asked you to question that ‘banning' for them, you can give them a very simple answer: Variousimmers does not place people on banned status from the site. Many people prefer to claim ‘banned' since it tends to make people angry and feel they are unfairly treating a user or are not willing to admit what they have done wrong to warrant being on moderated or read-only status. We make very sure that users always have access to read the forums and to download, no matter what they may have done that lost them the right to post."

So you see JM, you must not be "banned", you just want to "make people angry" Grin

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2005 July 29, 15:21:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As usual, Rentech lies: Observe:

Notice from the address bar that I am not attempting to post or do anything. In fact, I'm banned outright from the front page. Read-only? Pssh. You decide: Banned or not?

So yes, a search would return something: Me! You can only imagine the absolutely awful publicity THAT would be, to have my name as the sole name on the list for no apparent reason.
« Last Edit: 2005 July 29, 15:28:41 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

dawnkeeper
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2005 July 29, 15:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only joined various simmers because I was stalking you - now I have another membership to a site which will remain unused!  Cheesy
Oh well. *returns to lurking*

Oooooh! Careful what you say! <sarcasm>You might be disrespecting some people.</sarcasm> Ugh. I got yelled at about that when I posted like that. I have never used my login to go back to that site since.

Lurkety, lurk, lurk!
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2005 July 29, 16:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, either you're attempting to post in a section of the rentech.com forums which do not permit the starting of user threads(in which case you're stupid and deserve to have your lips ripped off), Rentech has broken the forums, or Rentech has decided to punish people who have defected to here. As it's likely you're not dumb enough to make the first mistake, given that More Awesome Than You has a similar board structure, it's probably one of the other two. Who knows? If the second, Rentech is probably busily trying to blame me for it already. If the last option, well, I don't put it above Rentech. She *REAAAAALLY* hates me. And probably anyone remotely associated with me.

No, it was forum wide. I see that that is gone now tho as mysteriously as it was applied....see: She is nuts.
Now&Then
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2005 July 29, 18:29:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"She further states how banning is against policy and no one is ever banned, some people just cannot post"

If this is what she claims, than why is it that it is stated "the administrator may have disabled your account"

Is it not, that disabling and banning go hand in hand?
 Huh
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2005 July 29, 18:52:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"She further states how banning is against policy and no one is ever banned, some people just cannot post"

If this is what she claims, than why is it that it is stated "the administrator may have disabled your account"

Is it not, that disabling and banning go hand in hand?
 Huh

One would have thought so!

Zephyr Zodiac
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: 2005 July 29, 18:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She has a screenshot that refutes yours, Pescado...but of course there's no way to know *when* her screenshot was taken. Could have been 30 seconds before she banned you.

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2005 July 29, 19:03:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if Pescado is truly not banned, then she should do the decent thing and tell him so!  Since she hasn't done so...............

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: