More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:20:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  HUZZAH! Banned from Rentech.com!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: HUZZAH! Banned from Rentech.com!  (Read 215483 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: HUZZAH! Banned from Rentech.com!
« Reply #50 on: 2005 July 22, 05:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I came in on the tail end of all this, and really have very little idea of what was going on, but it seems to me that if some of the participants (naming no names, but I don't see any of them posting here!) were able to laugh a little at themselves occasionally, things might not have got so bad!  Humour generally takes the sting out of things, I find, and people who can laugh at themselves generally are not people who take a high hand with everyone who disagrees with them!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 July 22, 05:44:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, well, you know how it is. Some people have no sense of humor.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 July 22, 05:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need one if you're going to be any part of this game!  If you haven't got one, go play Tombraider or something!

Zephyr Zodiac
Judecat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 July 22, 08:47:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm kind of new to all this modding and hacking,  I just needed some patches for the EP,  and had no idea where to go,  but Pescaro's name was mentioned everywhere I looked.  And TwoJeffs was running close second -- and I finally found both on the same site.  Next day I went back to finish downloading what I needed and you was gone, without a trace -- nothing to even show you were there -- which I think is rude to newbies who NEED your patches to play the game.    At least Mod the Sims was nice enough to have a post about where you were.

So basically in the view of someone who just got here -- it looks like jelousy.  And to me it looks kind of stupid,  because on the Sims2 site all the patches linked on the bug thread is you or TwoJeffs.   And I know that your stuff works,  been using it for a week now with no problem.    Since it seems that mentioning your name on VS is a sin how would I ever know who's stuff is compatable with yours.     I predict a drop of traffic for that site.

That's my two cents.

Jude

PS -- Thanks for the patches.  Wish AE would pay you for fixing there mess.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 July 22, 09:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, I think it's gone one step further now. I think your account over at VS has been deleted. Check out this VS thread. There's a quote from you, but no post. And if you look at the memberlist you aren't on it anymore.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 July 22, 11:28:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My goodness, some people are so pettyminded!  Anyone would think there had been something close to murder being done for someone to act in such a way!  Have you retaliated by fixing her with the NPC zapper so if she comes over here she gets zapped?

Zephyr Zodiac
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 July 22, 18:28:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I'm a member here and plan to continue to be. There's no reason that I shouldn't be able to go/post/chat where ever I feel like. I do plan to keep my work posted at VS for now, but I hope that JM & I can continue to work together. I've always tried to keep my mods compatible with everyone else's work whenever I can. My feeling (and my hope) is that this will all blow over eventually instead of blowing up worse than it is, but that's up to the people involved, not me.

I will continue to visit VS as long as you are there, Jeff. Your Final Exam Fix was the very first hack I ever downloaded and literally saved my game. You, Pescado, and Inge have your own folders in my hack directory. I can count on one hand the mods I have from anyone/everyone else.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 July 22, 20:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, I think it's gone one step further now. I think your account over at VS has been deleted. Check out this VS thread. There's a quote from you, but no post. And if you look at the memberlist you aren't on it anymore

I just checked that out, and I noticed there were several other people there also checking this out (hi, Judecat! Cheesy). I also noticed yesterday that any thread mentioning JMP and his whereabouts has been locked. That's a real disservice to vs members, if you ask me.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 July 22, 20:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have to say, does any of this matter now as the hacks are again available and Pescado is placed at the top of the food chain?
Just wondered who really gives a flying ****...

Meh...
tiggerypum
Asinine Airhead

Spoiler Warning

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 July 23, 05:22:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least one of the threads at VS asking for Pescado had a working url in it.  Why leave it unlocked??  So there can be gossip and whining and rumor monging?   They want to find him, they can come here.  If the front pages scares some away, oh well, but that's Pescado's choice, and fully in his control.

There is enough room in cyberspace for many sim sites and many modders.  Absolutely we have our favorites, those we trust, and such.  Heck, my sims homes seem to have most of the 'new' furnishings from 3 people.  Almost all my hacks are JM, TwoJeffs and Inge.  Ugly blowups periodically happen, and periodically people do the shuffle Wink

I'm glad that I can have more awesomeness in my game.  I'm also grateful for help I've gotten from others simmers in pursuing the ways in which I want to add/change things for the game.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 July 23, 15:14:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have to say, does any of this matter now as the hacks are again available and Pescado is placed at the top of the food chain?
Just wondered who really gives a flying ****...

Well, one thing is that those who need JM can not find him from Various' site anymore, they would have to go to MTS2 for that. I just went through the site and found that all the posts he made have been deleted. It's actually quite comical sometimes, people seem to answer themselves or respond to something that is not there. Even the individual posts that had a link to this site have been altered in some way or other.

Interpersonal difficulties should not be carried this far as to deny those in need of help access to it. It is the hypocrisy of this that is very annoying. To proclaim that a site has been set up solely for helping fellow simmers, but providing forums as well is one thing, to deny information or direct access to the most talented modder in the community is quite another.

If you want to implement rules, be consistent. The avatar in question did not bother me in the least, but they have at least one member there who delights in calling people "crackhead", makes constant references to 'crack' and has in his/her signature under location the following: "Where do you think, CrackHead?"
I find this far more bothering than everything else I have come across since the break-up.

Censorship and hypocracy are the two things I deplore the most. Having been involved in the former discussion about the issue (and receiving a very defensive non-answer), and witnessing the latter now in more than one way is rather disturbing.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2005 July 23, 16:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interpersonal difficulties should not be carried this far as to deny those in need of help access to it. It is the hypocrisy of this that is very annoying. To proclaim that a site has been set up solely for helping fellow simmers, but providing forums as well is one thing, to deny information or direct access to the most talented modder in the community is quite another.

IMO, trying to erase the imprint of JM's work is futile, unless you ban everyone who has knowledge of this site.  People's questions about what hack they can get to fix a problem, will continue to be answered with a helpful link, because oddly enough that is the most effective way to get them to what they need.  The internet was designed so that if information could not get through one way, it could find another way, and in some ways the communities it fosters have that same ability.

Or in other words, you can shoot the messenger, but you can't kill the message.

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 July 23, 20:54:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That, and JM has a tank. It's hard to make someone disappear if they have a tank.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 2005 July 23, 21:35:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to implement rules, be consistent. The avatar in question did not bother me in the least, but they have at least one member there who delights in calling people "crackhead", makes constant references to 'crack' and has in his/her signature under location the following: "Where do you think, CrackHead?"
I find this far more bothering than everything else I have come across since the break-up.

Can someone fill me in and describe to me what was this so-called questionable avatar? I love a fantabulously ridiculous heated controversy and juicy delightfully delicious gossip!  Grin  Please enlighten me! As I missed all of the wonderfully exciting drama! This sounds almost better than Desperate Housewives, and that's nearly impossible to top right now.  Cheesy

Ste

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2005 July 23, 21:38:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IMO, trying to erase the imprint of JM's work is futile, unless you ban everyone who has knowledge of this site.  People's questions about what hack they can get to fix a problem, will continue to be answered with a helpful link, because oddly enough that is the most effective way to get them to what they need.  The internet was designed so that if information could not get through one way, it could find another way, and in some ways the communities it fosters have that same ability.

Also, anyone who is a member of any other forums can post a link to here.  If, every time we come across someone with a problem that can be solved by using one of JM's hacks, we give them the URL, then what is going on at VS will make no real difference!  I've noticed that a lot of people with a problem do post at more than one site, so even if one site they choose is VS, thre's a good chance that wherever else they post, someone will be able to help them find their way here!

Zephyr Zodiac
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005 July 23, 22:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Posted by: Marvin Kosh

Posted by: ZephyrZodiac
Also, anyone who is a member of any other forums can post a link to here.

That is most fortunately true, especially since MTS2 also has a link to JM's new site. It does however, not take away from the fact that VS was the most recent site where JM had his residence, and many forums still have VS's address listed as the place to find JM. It takes a little time for everyone to catch up, meanwhile people have to search around. To act like this is immature and petty. I will continue to visit, mostly to check TJ and Carrigon's forums, but I am done posting in the discussion forums. I tried it and the result was awful. 

Envy is not a pretty thing at all, and people would be wise to realize that JM is the premier modder, and that he has helped many people. My game would reside on a shelf gathering dust if it wasn't for his talent.. I've been following him around since the early days of MTS2 (heck, Ahob was still a 'player' then, so its been a while Cheesy) and I will continue to do so until I get sick and tired of the sims.

Posted by: syberspunk
Can someone fill me in and describe to me what was this so-called questionable avatar?

Although things had already started to deteriorate before this, the avatar thing brought it out into the open for all to see. Since it is a public forum and still available for reading, here's were the gist of it all is: The VariousSimmers web-site, Vampires forum under F**king Mod the Sims2, page 2, around post # 40. That's around about where it starts and it goes steadily downhill from there.

Freoninferno's original, cute avatar is still viewable on the MTS2 site. I guess you were lucky that the watchdogs never caught on to your avatar Cheesy

G.

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2005 July 23, 22:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone fill me in and describe to me what was this so-called questionable avatar? I love a fantabulously ridiculous heated controversy and juicy delightfully delicious gossip!  Grin  Please enlighten me! As I missed all of the wonderfully exciting drama! This sounds almost better than Desperate Housewives, and that's nearly impossible to top right now.  Cheesy

Ste

I posted this explanation in another thread: (Note it mentions you Smiley)

It was the shot in the game where one Sim is about to jump onto the Sim on the couch during the make-out session. All you could see of the 'jumpee' was lower legs/feet and the jumper was completely clothed. I still don't get it. Syberspunk's avatar (which I think is hot, btw..lol) is a picture of two guys in bed kissing, not Sims, people. No problem with that one, though. Since R**tech never did explain her 'reasoning', I suppose we'll never know. Supposedly 7 people (out of about 600 registered users at the time) complained.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2005 July 23, 22:27:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Reg.

To briefly hi-jack this thread, I found your story and it cracks me up. "Do I know you? Do you live here?" Priceless.
Reminds of JM's mantra: "Who are you? Do I know you? Do I like you?" Great houses and now funny stories. Your repertoire seems never ending.

Back to avatars and bans. How come you changed yours? Did the 'mascot protection league' get on your case. Not that there is anything wrong with the new one, its a very nice looking dog. ;D

G.

Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2005 July 23, 22:39:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The best way I ever heard this put is, "The Internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." 

(For those who don't know, the Internet was designed as a communications system that would survive a nuclear war.  You can destroy any part of it and the messages will still get through, by routing a different way.)

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005 July 23, 22:55:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, one of the few times the military came up with something actually useful for the civilians (sorry Hook...not dissing tanks or the military, honest; I''m really talking out of the side of my mouth here Tongue)

But this is very well put, I shall write it down and use it.

G.

Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2005 July 23, 23:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...one of the few times the military came up with something actually useful for the civilians...

Actually, I think it was the Rand Corporation. Smiley

I first heard the quote when someone published on the Internet the Chruch of Scientology's "Operating Thetan" material.  That's the highest level in the church, and some of L. Ron Hubbard's worst science fiction.  The Scientologists tried very hard to suppress it, but for every site they closed down, several more opened up.

As for the military, I think it's intended for other things besides coming up with useful stuff for civilians. Smiley  I think the higher level of competence in Germany is in part because of universal military service.  I assume they still have that. 

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2005 July 23, 23:35:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Posted by: Hook
As for the military, I think it's intended for other things besides coming up with useful stuff for civilians.

Far be it from me to argue with an expert about his/her field of expertise ;D.

I guess I'm just hung up on the greek philosophy that state and individual are equal, when in actuality it's the roman one that prevails (state and individual are not equal). The exclusive scientific clubs and circles are very scary indeed, especially when these people toss ethics aside as if it was just so much rubbish.

And yes, military duty is still mandatory in Germany. They had a little problem with my son; he (and my daughter as well) have dual citizenship (my ex-husband is a US citizen) and the german military wanted their half :D. Luckily it all worked out.

G.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2005 July 24, 00:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was the shot in the game where one Sim is about to jump onto the Sim on the couch during the make-out session.

If you choose to play the sims, surely you have to accept that it is a game with a sexual element!  In the US it's rated Teen, which surely tells you before you buy it that there is an adult element to the game!  (Unfortunately here in the UK they've slipped up, and it's rated 7+, but they've amended that for University, which is 12+)

If you accept that the game has adult content, it's surely hypocritical to complain about someone using a shot from the game as an avatar!  Naked sims in hot tubs with life-like additions and a no-censor patch installed just about to woohoo I could understand - but getting into a clinch on the sofa!  How narrow-minded can you get?

Zephyr Zodiac
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2005 July 24, 01:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Reg.

To briefly hi-jack this thread, I found your story and it cracks me up. "Do I know you? Do you live here?" Priceless.
Reminds of JM's mantra: "Who are you? Do I know you? Do I like you?" Great houses and now funny stories. Your repertoire seems never ending.

Back to avatars and bans. How come you changed yours? Did the 'mascot protection league' get on your case. Not that there is anything wrong with the new one, its a very nice looking dog. Grin

G.

I'm glad you liked the story. The "Who are you" line is definitely homage to Pescado.

As for the avatar, I just wanted a new one for the shiny and awesome new site. That's Bailey, aka Psycho-Neurotic Dog, aka Buckethead, my personal APO Security System. Bailey has issues. When we adopted him, his name was Tyson and his former owners had given him up because they couldn't housebreak him. It turned out that not only did he have a severe bladder infection, but was nearly deaf due to untreated chronic ear infections. Fortunately, after about 6 months of treatment, he did regain his hearing and there was no permanent damage. He aslo housetrained immediately once the bladder infection cleared up. As to "Tyson", well, no dog of mine was going to be named for a rapist.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: 2005 July 24, 08:26:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The VariousSimmers web-site, Vampires forum under F**king Mod the Sims2, page 2, around post # 40. That's around about where it starts and it goes steadily downhill from there.

Freoninferno's original, cute avatar is still viewable on the MTS2 site. I guess you were lucky that the watchdogs never caught on to your avatar Cheesy

Guess I'll have to read that thread. I'll go find it. But I've seen freoninferno's avatar before and I didn't see anything wrong with it. It looked a bit kinky, but it wasn't like super racy or anything. I mean, what's the big deal? God, people are such lame-ass whiners. I mean, if this was a pic of an in-game event, why should they complain since it's something that is typical and possible in the game? Do these people play their Sims 2 game so fucking totally sterile and in such a boring manner that they refrain from using WooHoo at all? These are the type of people who are so fucking frigid and uptight about sex, I bet they barely enjoy it. They think of it as some awful, uncomfortable, unemotional and unpassionate event that must only be done in the missionary position with their eyes closed while they are praying at the same time trying to cleanse themselves of dirty, impure, and unholy thoughts. :p I mean seriously, get a grip, as much as it claims to be a "life-simulator" it is still a game! The same thing goes for Jack Thompson (or whatever his name is). Don't these peopl have better things to do with their lives?

I posted this explanation in another thread: (Note it mentions you Smiley)

It was the shot in the game where one Sim is about to jump onto the Sim on the couch during the make-out session. All you could see of the 'jumpee' was lower legs/feet and the jumper was completely clothed. I still don't get it. Syberspunk's avatar (which I think is hot, btw..lol) is a picture of two guys in bed kissing, not Sims, people. No problem with that one, though. Since R**tech never did explain her 'reasoning', I suppose we'll never know. Supposedly 7 people (out of about 600 registered users at the time) complained.

I'll have to find this thread too. As I said, I saw that avatar and didn't think anything was controversial about it. You're right about mine though, I mean if anything, I imagined that would have been cause for alarm. Admittedly, I do like attention, the attention whore that I am Wink and do like to attempt to push boundaries sometimes, but really, what's wrong with two boys kissing? It is hot and it is sexy and that's life. Nothing wrong with boys expressing love or just pure, flat-out, plain passion for each other. Especially when one of them is me.  Grin That just seems really crazy and out of hand. But I guess, on the other hand, it is someone else's site and they can run it however they hell they want. But I also agree that it seems uneven. I guess I am lucky. *shrugs*

Oh well, whatever the case, it seems a shame how that turned out. But I'm kinda glad Pescado has his own site. As much as I like VS, it's getting a bit waaaaaaaaayyy too crowded there as it is. And although I really really loved having twojeffs finally come over there and have a place where I could get both his and Pescado's hacks together was very convenient, it's not that big of a deal really. Just gives me yet another site to log onto and browse around and read and post. More drugs to feed my addiction. :p

Ste

PS. Where are these reggikko authored stories? I think I'd like to read them.  Grin

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: