More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:16:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  HUZZAH! Banned from Rentech.com!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: HUZZAH! Banned from Rentech.com!  (Read 215487 times)
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Cyclical
« Reply #275 on: 2005 August 08, 14:13:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At some point you have to ask yourself a few questions…

Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue? If yes, do it. If no - Does this have any significant impact on my life currently? If yes, Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue? If no - Is it worth expending any more energy on? If no, get over it, if yes, will it matter in a couple of years? (or months) If no, get over it. If yes, - Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue? If yes, do it. If no - Does this have any significant impact on my life currently? If yes, Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue? If no - Is it worth expending any more energy on? If no, get over it, if yes, will it matter in a couple of years? (or months) If yes….see a pattern? Lips sealed
SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: HUZZAH! Banned from Rentech.com!
« Reply #276 on: 2005 August 08, 14:45:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nectere, you left out the most important question:

Am I enjoying this?  If yes - Go for it!
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2005 August 08, 15:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gah, too true I forget that many people actually do enjoy engaging in passive aggressive behavior and unnecessary drama. And since the Sims don't engage our antics...Silly me!  Wink
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: Cyclical
« Reply #278 on: 2005 August 08, 18:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At some point you have to ask yourself a few questions…

Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue? If yes, do it. If no - Does this have any significant impact on my life currently? If yes, Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue? If no - Is it worth expending any more energy on? If no, get over it, if yes, will it matter in a couple of years? (or months) If no, get over it. If yes, - Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue? If yes, do it. If no - Does this have any significant impact on my life currently? If yes, Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue? If no - Is it worth expending any more energy on? If no, get over it, if yes, will it matter in a couple of years? (or months) If yes….see a pattern? Lips sealed

Exactly Nectere! I won't even presume to know the whole situation but one thing I do know about personal conflicts, this will only be resolved if and when BOTH individuals agree to resolve it. They have to both be willing to at least say, "We don't get on very well at all but I'm committed to peacefully coexist since we're involved in the same hobby." People don't get along in many areas of life for numerous reasons. Part of being a grown up is behaving in an adult, cordial way to that person even if you don't like them personally very much. "Freezing them out" by refusing any sort of contact unless the person is downright continuously verbally abusive is pretty immature and will never resolve anything. And the people who willingly or not get stuck in the middle will likely feel frustrated and stressed attempting to push for a resolution. Inge, I really hope you won't be offended when I say you might be a lot happier just stepping away from the situation. If you're feeling like neither person will listen to you then your attempts at resolution will probably feel like an exercise in futility. Why take on a problem that isn't your's? You've told them how you feel about the situation, listened to their position, now it's time to "step away from the train wreck" (my mom's favorite saying) and let them work it out on their own. I hope you understand I mean this in the best possible way, I've had relatives & friends who get into similar conflicts and would talk to me instead of the other person. I would tear my hair out until I learned to say, "I can understand how you feel but we've talked about this before. There is nothing I can do about this problem except to tell you that you need to talk to X for it to be resolved." Bottom line, Pescado and Rentech have got to work this out themselves. That's just my .02 for what it's worth.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2005 August 08, 19:03:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had relatives & friends who get into similar conflicts and would talk to me instead of the other person. I would tear my hair out until I learned to say, "I can understand how you feel but we've talked about this before. There is nothing I can do about this problem except to tell you that you need to talk to X for it to be resolved." Bottom line, Pescado and Rentech have got to work this out themselves. That's just my .02 for what it's worth.
I'm not exactly inclined to subject anyone to the unpleasant task of being the messenger, but really, Rentech is the one with the issues. I haven't banned anyone, and I'm perfectly willing to go back to a cooperative relationship. Rentech, however, loathes me. Oh, well.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2005 August 09, 15:37:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.  You can learn how to more creatively insult, point and laugh. Cheesy

Quite.

And I'll say it again, what the hell does it matter? Pescado's in his heaven, all's right with the world...
Meh, politics are dull.

Meh...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2005 August 09, 19:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And this site is definitely the liveliest around at present!

Zephyr Zodiac
DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2005 August 09, 23:10:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.  You can learn how to more creatively insult, point and laugh. Cheesy

I've never seen anyone I know who didn't laugh at "In Soviet Russia..."

And this site is definitely the liveliest around at present!

And free of idiots, if I may add.  Wink
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2005 August 10, 12:27:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Despite our titles!

Zephyr Zodiac
DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2005 August 10, 14:03:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People love having someone far more AWESOME than them.  Wink
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2005 August 11, 12:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People love having someone far more AWESOME than them.  Wink

Piffle... despite the titles, I KNOW no-one is more awesome than me... heheheheh

Meh...
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2005 August 14, 08:17:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What on earth have you done to offend a website that belongs to a Solar Energy company?   Bought a Windmill?

Her name is RentechD and JM is being joyfully sarcastic about the site's name and current disposition.  Anyway, as I mentioned on the other thread here about this, all references to him have more or less been sanitized.  The only thing I could find that explained his sudden obscurity, was a single line in his own post giving the link to this site.  Those that have come after and the number of members is close to 9,000 now, probably have never heard of JMP, nor will they ever.

Love is the Virtue of the Heart
Sincerity, the Virtue of the Mind
Decision, the Virtue of the Will
Courage, the Virtue of the Spirit
The Organic Commandment - 1948, Frank Lloyd Wright
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2005 August 14, 10:20:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think if you'd read the whole of this thread, you would have found the parts where JM emphatically denies having posted that link.

How many of those members are still actively posting?

Zephyr Zodiac
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 2005 August 14, 14:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, as I mentioned on the other thread here about this, all references to him have more or less been sanitized.  The only thing I could find that explained his sudden obscurity, was a single line in his own post giving the link to this site.  Those that have come after and the number of members is close to 9,000 now, probably have never heard of JMP, nor will they ever.

Yep, thought I smelled the unmistakable odor of avoidance. It's a shame, like I'd mentioned in my response above this would be resolved if both parties were committed to peaceful coexistance. But note, it takes both to behave as adults and agree. JM could continue to be agreeable to work things out with Rentech until the end of time but as long as she continues with the 6th grade antics nothing will be resolved and things will remain at an impasse. It's a shame because she'd learn a valuable life lesson. You don't get along with eveyone you meet in life.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2005 August 14, 14:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cabelle, it's very true what you say.  I'd also add that, for most of us here at MATY, this issue had become dormant, since we mostly agree about it, and it takes someone new to the forum to stir things up again!  I wonder why?

Zephyr Zodiac
SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2005 August 15, 05:21:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...  Those that have come after and the number of members is close to 9,000 now, probably have never heard of JMP, nor will they ever.

That prediction seems just a tad bit extreme.  I'd guess you meant to say that folks won't hear about JM's work from Variousimmers; but Variousimmers is only one of 3,963 active sims sites on the net.  ( Ref: http://www.ultimatesims.com/stats.php )  But hey, if Rennie is paying the bills than it's up to her how her site should operate.

I'm surprised at the 9,000 number; not because it's so high but because it's so low.  If that's a count of the number of validated accounts that people have created, then the comparable number for SimsHost is 120,044 as of this moment.  (Now, don't anybody get greedy; only a microscopic fraction of those have ever helped pay the bills.)  Even some of the big Yahoo groups are showing more than 10,000 members these days.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2005 August 15, 06:08:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Those that have come after and the number of members is close to 9,000 now, probably have never heard of JMP, nor will they ever." (Bane)

------------------------------------------------

For your information, Bane, I am subscribed too at MTS2, Inge's, Variousimmers, SimHost, and "thousands" other fan sites. Since JM openned his own site, I visit them only once a week. So without me, the number of the members gets down to 8,999...Smiley.
...And without 693 members subscribed here (for now), the number is reduced to 8,307...Smiley.

And "probably never heared of JMP" is your *personal definition* only. JMP has a bunch of fans, who pass his name and records among all the sites they visit - I even wrote about him at Rentech forum, and my thread wasn't deleted; so, the 9000 members already *heared* about JMP...Smiley.

Just look at the BBS, and see the demands of the members there for Night Life: they want first the approval of JMP, and the fixes of JMP - and only then they will buy or play the game.

I am sorry only for one thing: at Variousimmers suddenly I found all my favorite modders grouped in one place. Since JMP left, I have to jump to and from, but never will give up JMP...Smiley - he is the first, and I am sure he will be the last reliable modder (together with TJ, Carrigon, Inge, and Merola).

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2005 August 15, 10:44:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very well said, Gali!

Zephyr Zodiac
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2005 August 15, 15:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, this sit is fine small. Don't want it to get clogged up with useless posts. Cozier, too. In a "hmm, am I sitting on a flamethrower?" sort of way.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2005 August 15, 16:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, those of us who post fairly frequently do get to know each other's little idiosyncrasies!

Zephyr Zodiac
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: 2005 August 15, 20:59:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I, for one, am extremely happy that this site isn't crowded with people that are demanding and can't spell. Example:

I NEED HELP U HLP ME NOW OR U SUXXORZ!

grrr.

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2005 August 15, 21:10:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People like that, even if they are only thirteen years old, make me angry too!  In fact, being only thirteen should make them polite to adults, only these days it doesn't!  I would say they're probably the worst-mannered generataion since we came down from the trees!   (Of course, there are exceptions to every rule....)

Zephyr Zodiac
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2005 August 15, 21:35:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find spelling like that extremely rude. My command of the english language is not all too bad, but there are people out there who are not that good at it yet. I have difficulties reading things written in that kind of manner; imagine how much harder it is for people not yet well versed in english.

We are trying to accomodate english-speakers-only, but if we run up against people who don't believe in grammar, punctuation, and spelling, we are up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

I have a 12-year old niece, and she only has been learning english for one year. My sister has to forbid her to access international forums, because a) she wouldn't understand, b) she would most likely misunderstand, and c) the danger of learning it wrong is far too great.
Pity, really.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2005 August 15, 21:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is a pity, and the greatest pity is that it's only the English speaking world which seems to have such disrespect for their own language!

Zephyr Zodiac
breyerii
Town Crier
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2005 August 15, 22:05:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should see Italian boards, then...

Especially the Sims 2 official site - barely moderated, full of teenagers flaming each other (coarsely) in our brand of Internettese.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: