More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 02:24:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  HUZZAH! Banned from Rentech.com!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: HUZZAH! Banned from Rentech.com!  (Read 217446 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
HUZZAH! Banned from Rentech.com!
« on: 2005 July 20, 15:36:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And in other news, I seem to have been banned from Rentech.com as of right now. The reasons for this are completely unknown. Ladies and gentlemen, we are at war.
« Last Edit: 2005 July 20, 15:52:40 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: HUZZAH! Banned from Rentech.com!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 20, 16:23:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm ... I think I know the site you mean, but there actually is a site rentech.com.  Can't see any reason to ban anybody from that, looks very boring to me.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 20, 16:28:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, some people don't know about the rule "keep your friends close, but your enemies closer".
Not that I see any reason to call Pescado an enemy (grumpy jerks are a lot of fun).
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 20, 16:30:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, some people don't know about the rule "keep your friends close, but your enemies closer".
I prefer the version which goes "keep your friends at a suitable distance to avoid a clusterfuck, and your enemies in a blender". Because when Charlie dances the foxtrot, you don't wanna be the one caught wearing a dress.

Not that I see any reason to call Pescado an enemy (grumpy jerks are a lot of fun).
Well, I wasn't the one who started the entire enemy thing. *I* wanted to get along, but, alas, things weren't to be. Oh, well.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 20, 16:58:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

last time i saw a group of modders from mts2 followed u to join the "v" site, then the second later u got banned from there and made your own site.
come on, tell us whats going on!
its probably none of my business but i know im not the only curious one here.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 20, 17:06:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, to be honest, damned if I know. The entire MTS2 debacle never went this far. They never actually banned me from the site itself, only the chat channel. The Rentech thing completely baffles me. If you see anything, you tell me. As far as I can tell, Rentech is insane, and maybe MTS2 was right after all.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 20, 17:12:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What on earth have you done to offend a website that belongs to a Solar Energy company?   Bought a Windmill?

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 20, 17:15:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, a comedian, eh? Smiley

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 20, 17:18:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thought that was obvious!

Zephyr Zodiac
dawnkeeper
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 20, 18:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

War! WAR! *prepares newly dried out flame-thrower* Mwahahahahaha!!!!

Burninate Renech!!!! *trips over flame-thrower and almost burns down the neighborhood daycare, almost unleashing mass hysteria* Lol!!  Grin

Lurkety, lurk, lurk!
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 July 20, 18:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought they'd just deleted your account... (although that was founded on expectant speculation and that alone).

You're still famous over there though - people are still scared of you ripping their lips off, even though you're not there.

A proud thread pirate.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 July 20, 18:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, to be honest, damned if I know. The entire MTS2 debacle never went this far. They never actually banned me from the site itself, only the chat channel. The Rentech thing completely baffles me. If you see anything, you tell me. As far as I can tell, Rentech is insane, and maybe MTS2 was right after all.

Maybe you got too many anti-reps from the *millions* of bbs-crossover brats with a grudge.
kathy
Asinine Airhead

Don't have anything nice to say? Come sit by me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 July 20, 18:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Poor Pescado is simply misundersood.

To kill or not to kill that is the question
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 July 20, 18:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh.

It seems like people ban you because of the dumbest things.  Perhaps an aversion to fish?

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 July 20, 18:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In light of this, maybe we should change the Daily Idiot from dealing with this site, to instead deal with the various idiocies of this site, this site, and maybe this new offshoot of MTS2.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 July 20, 19:07:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll bet the folks who banned you still rely on your hacks, though! 

Zephyr Zodiac
LK
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2005 July 20, 19:10:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In light of this, maybe we should change the Daily Idiot from dealing with this site, to instead deal with the various idiocies of this site, this site, and maybe this new offshoot of MTS2.

Fine with me.  I'm game.

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 July 20, 19:24:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still trying to sort this out. Not quite sure what's going on, but it looks to me like a classic case of "smart people who have no social skills and thus inadvertantly tick each other off and have no clue how to deal with it." If it is, then I am no longer the world master of this phenomenae. I once quit my roleplaying group and didn't see my four best friends ever for six months, for reasons that are still somewhat unclear to me. I figured them out well enough to be able to resolve the bulk of the problems, however, and am now happily roleplaying with them again. Or I would be, if we were actually roleplaying. Been spending the last two months trying to get a Star Wars campaign started. Not my first choice for a setting, but I'm working on it.

Anyhow . . . it sounds like Rentech was annoyed by Pescado's intention to move (if it is true that he was planning to move before this started) and Pescado took it as a personal insult. That's probably farther from what actually happened than Jupiter is from Cygnus 5, but it is the impression I get, so if it's erroneous I'd appreciate someone correcting me.

And since when are we only allowed to have one Daily Idiot? Maybe we should have a Daily Idiot: BBS and a Daily Idiot: Variousimmers and a Daily Idiot: MTS2. You know, sort of like how Survivor names its various seasons.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2005 July 20, 19:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't say Pescado is banned on his messages and he still has a green reputation.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 July 20, 22:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't say Pescado is banned on his messages and he still has a green reputation.
Well, sure, if you want to ignore the jarring inconsistencies of A: Not being able to see any of the creator forums, B: Not being able to look at my own user profile, and C: Having now logged out (which fixes A), not being able to log back in. The disposable login I bounced off of Vietnam worked fine, though. Whazzat tell you? It says that not only has Rentech banned me, but Rentech is obviously not proud enough of the act to fess up to it.

Anyhow . . . it sounds like Rentech was annoyed by Pescado's intention to move (if it is true that he was planning to move before this started) and Pescado took it as a personal insult. That's probably farther from what actually happened than Jupiter is from Cygnus 5, but it is the impression I get, so if it's erroneous I'd appreciate someone correcting me.
Are you kidding? I don't take very much as a personal insult. Rentech has started the entire mess. *I* was willing to continue getting along with Rentech, but Rentech appears to be completely unwilling to even consider that. She's obviously willing to cut off her own nose out of spite.

CynicalChick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 July 20, 23:18:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only sin in the MTS2 chat was making the newbies cry.. and I'm not really sure that was a bad thing.

Rennie makes me nervous on many levels. She's playing the "I'm a banned victim" when, in truth, she isn't banned. But I guess stretching the truth is part of playing the martyr.

I really haven't enjoyed watching all these site wars go on. I don't see why it matters who goes where and associates with who. I thought I had left that behind when i entered jr. high. And i don't see why it ever mattered where we got our answers from as long as we got them. Maybe we need a "no childish outbursts hack" for the users, not the characters.
LK
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2005 July 20, 23:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am pleased to report that in our ongoing war, I have managed to slam both Delphy (remember him??) and rentechd at our little...BBS party (at today's Idiot thread).  Join the fun!
« Last Edit: 2005 July 21, 00:24:02 by laurenke » Logged

SimMoon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 July 21, 00:36:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was gone for 3 weeks and suddenly Pescado's gone! Can't I have a darned vacation without a Drama Queen stumping his/her toe on her golden vanity and tossing the baby out with the bath water? Seriously; J.M. is a free agent. I see all the Creators PAINFULLY doing all the modding for FREE! Now why would it bother Rentech or MTS2's Delphy where he went or why he left? Why do they care? Where is the GRATITUDE? Do you think its going to bother Rentech when they find out Eric has a site of his own now? I wonder if they will ban him next. The INSiminator site? And just how much control are ALL these people who run the forums and pay NOTHING, WANT from the contributing Modders? Well, the view I have says they want more than they have a right to have!

Sorry for blowing some steam but everytime I went into chat on MTS2 the only peron who treated me like last year's yard waste was Delphy. Well, I may not want to climb inside the Sims like Delphy does but I don't treat people like objects that I can download or delete either.

If you woke up breathing, congratulations!
                                                                     You get another chance.
                                                                               SimMoon

The Sims 2 Elegance
There's a hole in the world tonight; don't let there be a hole in the world tomorrow.
---------------------------------------------
Eagles 2005 Farewell Tour
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 July 21, 01:01:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only sin in the MTS2 chat was making the newbies cry.. and I'm not really sure that was a bad thing.
Technically, at last check, I'm still banned from the MTS2 chat for expressing my concern of the suspiciously large number of people being banned. Delphy mysteriously took offense at this and, wonder of wonders, barged into the #grah channel to close it down and ban me from the chat, thus sort of illustrating my point.

He then proceeded to later go ahead and establish the Hall of Shame, which was my idea in the first place, thus lending clarity to why people were being banned. Strangely, I seemed to stumble across fewer people being banned after that....

Akharra
Corpulent Cretin

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 July 21, 01:04:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do I get the feeling that this is a case of not-so-professional jelousy? Apparently those less awsome than you don't like being less awsome. It is easier for them  to ban you  and pretend to be awesome than it is to improve themselves into actually being awsome.

Formerly known as Tess.

All those that believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: