More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:27:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  HUZZAH! Banned from Rentech.com!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: HUZZAH! Banned from Rentech.com!  (Read 215505 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: HUZZAH! Banned from Rentech.com!
« Reply #75 on: 2005 July 24, 08:38:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I guess, on the other hand, it is someone else's site and they can run it however they hell they want. But I also agree that it seems uneven.
Hey, love it or leave it, right? That was Rentech's reasoning, too, but Rentech is difficult like that: She's never happy even when she gets what she wants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2005 July 24, 15:42:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PS. Where are these reggikko authored stories? I think I'd like to read them.  Grin

So far, it's just one chapter of my Legacy challenge family.

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php

Hope you like it!
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2005 July 24, 16:02:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This site rocks. Way more than VS, which is good, but it's just way too big. This site, it's small enough for JMPescado to effectively scare away all the idiots, and for us to basically police our selves on offensive opinion wars and what not. There are (to use politics as an example, although this principle applies to just about anything you can fight over) both liberals and conservatives on this site, but if someone is put off by something someone else says, they just say so, explain why they don't like it, the person responsible for the comment usually apologizes and/or explains, and no one is seriously miffed by it. For a site run by a guy who takes pride in artfully insulting people, it's remarkably civil. Perhaps because we have the BBS to vent?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2005 July 24, 16:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it has to do with the fact that idiots can't afford our subscription fee.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2005 July 24, 17:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it has to do with the fact that idiots can't afford our subscription fee.

I wonder how many go to the main page and then make a hasty retreat. It gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2005 July 24, 17:31:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder how many go to the main page and then make a hasty retreat. It gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside.
The irony of this is that people then whine to Rentech "WAAAH! Pescado's site is a paysite!". Apparently, this annoys Rentech greatly. Rentech has been reported as saying that my "plan" is "backfiring" as a result....sounds like it's working perfectly to me.

reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2005 July 24, 17:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The irony of this is that people then whine to Rentech "WAAAH! Pescado's site is a paysite!". Apparently, this annoys Rentech greatly. Rentech has been reported as saying that my "plan" is "backfiring" as a result....sounds like it's working perfectly to me.

I saw a post by R**tech that said, "Lips are no longer ripped on this site." <snicker>
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2005 July 24, 17:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. Now that's hatred. Rentech REALLY must loathe everything even remotely connected to me and everything I stand for. Tongue Just the mere mention of lip-ripping is enough to send Rentech on the warpath now.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2005 July 24, 17:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Especially when one of them is me. 

Okay, you sneak! Which one are you? Left or right? Wink
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2005 July 24, 18:40:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Especially when one of them is me. 

Or should that be top or bottom?

(Okay, I'm bad. I'm shameless. I simply cannot resist being set up so perfectly.)

((I'm sure syberspunk will take that in the spirit it was written. I hope.))
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: 2005 July 24, 21:28:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heheh, which one do you think I am?

Psst... I'm on the right.

(Okay, I'm bad. I'm shameless. I simply cannot resist being set up so perfectly.)

((I'm sure syberspunk will take that in the spirit it was written. I hope.))

Cheesy Hehe, one doesn't usually find that out until after we've been out on a few dates.

Ok, who am I kidding, it's after the first date really.

And... I might have a preference, but whether I am on top or on the bottom depends on my mood.
Wink

So... first of all, I just wanna say that what I am really lovin' about this site so far is that the people that I've liked from VS are here too. At least, IMHO, the ones that seemed the most vocal and the most intelligent or at least the most fun and entertaining. Grin And I am definately happy to see that. Plus, I really love the attitude that Pescado just seems to bring out in everyone. As far as I'm concerned, the best people there were the ones the supposedly high IQ ones. :p

And when I say this, I mean it as a compliment. I mean, I read that thread you guys were talking about, and I'm not sure exactly who those people were complaining about, but I really liked the sort of condescending, sarcastic camaraderie that was sort of nurtured and encouraged here. I mean, it's all in good fun and anyone who takes it so personally and seriously deserves to be made fun of.  Roll Eyes I mean really, it ain't so bad to develop a thickened skin, right? It's the fucking internet! It's a fucking message board! Go  Cry me a river while I play the saddest song in the world on the tiniest violin in the world for god's sake.

But meh, maybe that's just my own embittered, jaded attitude? It's not that bad really. Just laugh at yourself while you're laughing at others too. I don't see what the big fuss was all about and I don't see why that thread had to be closed. It's kind of odd though, because it does seem a bit uneven to, on the one hand be fine with the complaining of MTS2 and yet still censor an avatar that really is only suggestive if you, yourself read something into it. Hell, I'm as dirty-minded as they come, and I really didn't think much of it myself. Except, well no offense, but I thought the outfit was a bit tacky or just wayyy too busy with the colors. Heh, but other than that, I didn't see anything explicitly sexual about it that could potentially corrupt any underaged kids by things they couldn't normally see in the game anyways.

Oh yeah, and I totally love the new front page with its bold logos, fonts, and graphics. When I first came here, I was almost deterred by the pay site thing. That gag was absolutely brilliant! AND, I even tried to log in via the membership link, so if Pescado has a thing to capture login information, he definately has mine. lol. Boy am I ever so not clever.  Roll Eyes

I wonder how many other nimrods made it past that page thinking that they could login as well. It would be really funny if you made an authentic looking subscribe page too.

Anyways, off to get some grub and read some of reg's stories.  Smiley

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2005 July 24, 21:34:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah, and I totally love the new front page with its bold logos, fonts, and graphics. When I first came here, I was almost deterred by the pay site thing. That gag was absolutely brilliant! AND, I even tried to log in via the membership link, so if Pescado has a thing to capture login information, he definately has mine. lol. Boy am I ever so not clever.  Roll Eyes
Actually, that's how you're supposed to get in. You just enter your customer login and password, and push OK, and you're in. No problem, right?

I wonder how many other nimrods made it past that page thinking that they could login as well. It would be really funny if you made an authentic looking subscribe page too.
It's broken again? We'll have to fix that soon.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: 2005 July 24, 21:59:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, that's how you're supposed to get in. You just enter your customer login and password, and push OK, and you're in. No problem, right?

It's broken again? We'll have to fix that soon.

Actually, I meant this page. That isn't a real login, right? It just brings you to here. And that is the real login, right? Well, At smf page, I have it now so that I am logged in forever. Because I am lazy that way. :p

At the discuss.html page, the First time I saw that, I was confused since it didn't have a register option. So, the first few times I came to the main page, I was looking around for a way to register. I was about to give up, and then I went back to the discuss.html page and thought I would take a chance and see if you possibly kept all the usernames and login info from VS and just transferred it over to your site. So... I took the chance and tried to login, which brought me here to the forums, but I then had to register. :p At least, if I am remembering that all correctly and I am not on crack and making this all up.  Roll Eyes I'm pretty sure I'm not on crack.

Anyhew, I read reg's story, and it was great! I love those "Do I know you? Do you live here?" bits. That totally cracked me up! Ok, maybe I am on crack.  Grin

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2005 July 24, 22:11:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't register from the customer login page, silly. You have to subscribe to the site for the $29.95/month before you get your customer login. Then you enter that customer login and your password. But for a limited time only, we have a special deal: Buy one month for the price of two, and get one free!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2005 July 24, 23:33:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I thought it was about the least difficult site of any I've been to to register at!  Some I find really confusing but this definitely isn't one of them!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2005 July 24, 23:40:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: reggikko

Oh, yeah! Hey, syberspunk, your avatar is sideways!

Psst... I'm on the right.

Hmmmmm...a little voice tells me you're on the right.

And... I might have a preference, but whether I am on top or on the bottom depends on my mood.[/size] Wink

TMI! TMI! TMI!  Wink
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2005 July 25, 02:38:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: reggikko

Ohh, you are a bad, bad girl.... I like you Cheesy.

Pass over the... whatever it is you guys drink down there in NO. Prosit.

Posted by: J. M. Pescado
But for a limited time only, we have a special deal: Buy one month for the price of two, and get one free!

You are in fine form as well tonight. The sad part is, that there possibly could be people who would fall for that gimmick, and genuinely believe that they found a bargain.

Posted by: J. M. Pescado

Well then, the direct link on her forum link page should bring you directly to the registration site, and not to the "if you want to join, you must pay" page, no? Methinks she wants to hurt your traffic, but after reading this, she is actually dancing to the puppet-master's (JM's) tune.

I must admit, when I saw the site first, I was momentarily surprised, but as soon as I saw the little man's head pop off, I knew I was on the right track. I found you farily quickly after realising that. I've been toddling around after you far too long to be stopped quite that easily Cheesy

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: 2005 July 25, 16:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I was wondering where you were. I'm glad to see you're still around. I rarely visit VS, unless I need too. And I go to MTS2 even less because I dont like it there. Okay, I hate that freaking site worth a passion. (Cant stand Delphy) But I will keep my opinions to myself.

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2005 July 25, 17:02:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must admit, when I saw the site first, I was momentarily surprised, but as soon as I saw the little man's head pop off, I knew I was on the right track. I found you farily quickly after realising that. I've been toddling around after you far too long to be stopped quite that easily Cheesy

That is hysterical! I did the same thing. First, I did a double-take at the subscription fee, had a split-second of confusion followed by a moment of suspicion, then I saw the head blow off the cartoon guy. I had to kick myself for almost falling for the joke, even for that fraction of a second.
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: 2005 July 25, 18:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, wait, lemme get this straight...

You're banned from www.rentech.com??  Is it really that bad?  I mean, sure, I'd be upset if I couldn't buy solar modules, too, but come on, man!  I'm sure Renergy Techologies, Ltd. had its reasons.  Not the least of which is due to renewable energies, which your underground bunker probably consumes at a rate of 1,000 kilograms per decaliter!

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2005 July 25, 18:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That joke stopped being funny the first time, Laurenke. Actually, it wasn't really funny the first time, either.

LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: 2005 July 25, 18:47:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was posted before?  I guess that's what I get for not actually reading this thread.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
Suzuna
Asinine Airhead

Moonlight Lady

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2005 July 25, 23:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only joined various simmers because I was stalking you - now I have another membership to a site which will remain unused!  Cheesy
Oh well. *returns to lurking*
DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2005 July 26, 02:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is hysterical! I did the same thing. First, I did a double-take at the subscription fee, had a split-second of confusion followed by a moment of suspicion, then I saw the head blow off the cartoon guy. I had to kick myself for almost falling for the joke, even for that fraction of a second.

Hehe, I had the same reaction, but after seeing that the samples were actually EVERYTHING I understood the point. Such a beautifully cruel work of art.  Wink
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2005 July 26, 03:05:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Until now I had not actually seen the home page for this site!  I linked to this page just a couple of days in and registered right off.  Wow!  I think I'd have flipped out if I thought I had to pay that kind of money to use JM's mods, but I would have given it serious consideration.  Oops, maybe we shouldn't give him any ideas.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: