More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 01:15:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  HUZZAH! Banned from Rentech.com!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: HUZZAH! Banned from Rentech.com!  (Read 215494 times)
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
Re: HUZZAH! Banned from Rentech.com!
« Reply #225 on: 2005 August 01, 20:37:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really do reputation points, either, unless I were to rewrite the entire system for my negative-points-only system, and there are no real "posting ranks". You just get different insulting titles.

Alliterative insulting titles, in alphabetical order. I wonder if they go all the way up to Z . . .
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2005 August 01, 22:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alliterative insulting titles, in alphabetical order. I wonder if they go all the way up to Z . . .

I suspect the alliteration is a (possibly mocking) homage to the Maxis-flavored titles.

KatanaFoxx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2005 August 02, 02:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding the whole avatar issue:

I can't see the big deal about the person avatar seeing that that my avatar a VS was and still is a pic of a pair of old sim men making out.

The whole time I was commenting in the F**king MTS2 thread I was waiting for my PM. Cheesy

Either way it's all bullshit.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2005 August 03, 22:50:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the Maxis reference thing is true, I wonder if any of them will be as good as "No Account Nickel Monkey?" That title alone is half the reason I play fortune sims. The other half is "Penniless Peon."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2005 August 04, 00:07:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't see the big deal about the person avatar seeing that that my avatar a VS was and still is a pic of a pair of old sim men making out.
I think the reason both you and Syberspunk get away with that easily is because anyone who tries to complain runs the risk of coming across as homophobic, which tends to get the complaint ignored.

If the Maxis reference thing is true, I wonder if any of them will be as good as "No Account Nickel Monkey?" That title alone is half the reason I play fortune sims. The other half is "Penniless Peon."
Those are pretty good, but no, the titles are not a reference to any particular Maxian behavior. They're actually derived from a random comment on the now-defunct rentech.com boards.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2005 August 04, 11:55:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In other news, it has now been brought to my attention that Rentech has been writing board posts in my name on rentech.com now.

This post was not written by me. It is not officially or unofficially endorsed or approved by me, and does not represent the opinions of either myself or More Awesome Than You. Note that I'm still banned, although Rentech has taken to being much less subtle about it by force-setting my rep to 5 red. Amusing. And Rentech is now posting her own posts under my name, presumably to then complain that I've written something inappropriate.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2005 August 04, 12:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, J.M. was saying that he didn't post his post in the thread, as far as I understand it.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2005 August 04, 12:42:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

post deleted, cause i was completely and utterly up the creek when writing it.

(told ya I read it like the devil does the bible.. There were no juicy parts here...)

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: 2005 August 04, 14:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What?!?  Rennie's posting under your name?   No I think what she probably did was edit down the comments and just left your reply there.   She does delete comments in those threads to keep them as news or announcements only.  I think you did post that but it was not the first message in the thread before.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2005 August 04, 14:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Surely if you don't want comments in a thread, it's possible to prevent them being made in the first place?

Zephyr Zodiac
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: 2005 August 04, 14:39:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well yes but it's a bizarre idea to think that she might be posting site ads to his site in her name.  She barely has time to post the stuff she's meant to let alone post for other people  Huh

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2005 August 04, 14:51:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the whole situation is bizarre!  Whoever heard of two grown people fighting over something as trivial as an avatar!  (Alright, JMP, I hear you, it's not you that's fighting, you're just reacting or whatever!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Alvaron
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2005 August 04, 16:35:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The post in question is a link to this site. This business grows tiresome. Move on.

Old Texan Proverb: engage brain before engaging fingers.
SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2005 August 04, 23:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In other news, it has now been brought to my attention that Rentech has been writing board posts in my name on rentech.com now.

This post was not written by me...

At least it was pretty much benign, but I can imagine how frustrating it must be to see your name show up on something that someone else posted, even if it's trivial.  That would annoy the frijoles outta me.

The silliest part is that I don't see the point of listing your name as the author of the post.  I'm sure it must have seemed like a good idea to someone (presumably Rentech) at the time, but why bother?

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: 2005 August 05, 06:49:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The silliest part is that I don't see the point of listing your name as the author of the post.  I'm sure it must have seemed like a good idea to someone (presumably Rentech) at the time, but why bother?

It was written by Pescado.  I remember seeing that thread before the thread was moved, and at the time it was originally posted it was in reply to someone asking where Pescado was going.   He replied to it himself as he still had posting rights.

In recent days, Rennie must have split the message from the thread so that it could go in the site links forum, where it had a better chance of people finding it when they searched.   That would have given it a new datestamp.   It's just good housekeeping to put messages in the forum people would most expect to find them in.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2005 August 05, 07:35:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At SimFreaks when we move a post, the original place it was put is still shown, mainly so the poster can see what's happened to their post and find it again.  In that case, the original posting date is still obvious!

Zephyr Zodiac
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: 2005 August 05, 07:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In fact I just checked with Rentechd and she says he still had posting rights there and posted it himself on the date as displayed.

Honestly Pescado I do wish you'd stop playing with human beings and their feelings as if they were your Sims.   It's one thing messing about and playing a joke, but you're going too far now and Rennie is genuinely upset by the things you've been saying.   Please just leave it out now.

Spartan
« Reply #242 on: 2005 August 05, 08:02:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well i agree with inge, people have feelings pescado, honestly i wish is thing will stop!!!!
rewind to june 20, 2005, day before i left for london, the start of my 3 week trip to europe. i saw over at MTS2 that pescados hacks moved to you know what.net then i saw pescados name in a creators fourm, fast forward to july 20 2005 pescados name was missing at you know what.net then ff to now well yes.... ps o is a power in south africa
« Last Edit: 2005 August 05, 08:21:19 by Spartan » Logged
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2005 August 05, 08:07:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it does seem a little hatchet burying and pipe-smoking is called for here!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2005 August 05, 08:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In fact I just checked with Rentechd and she says he still had posting rights there and posted it himself on the date as displayed.
I most certainly did not. The post-date is listed as "Yesterday, 8:18 AM". At which time I was busily playing with SimCity and barely posted *HERE*, let alone on rentech.com. Therefore, I have no idea who wrote that, but it wasn't me, since I most certainly have never started a thread in the site links section at all. As for this claim that I supposedly still have posting rights, that was hardly true at last check. I suppose I shall check again now, to see if Rentech has lied about this, which will register as an activity stamp.

Doing so.

Oh, cute. Not unsurprisingly, my password has been wiped out. Undoubtedly so Rentech could login as me and post that. More Rentechoid lies.

Honestly Pescado I do wish you'd stop playing with human beings and their feelings as if they were your Sims.   It's one thing messing about and playing a joke, but you're going too far now and Rennie is genuinely upset by the things you've been saying.   Please just leave it out now.
There is no "joke". If Rentech is claiming to be upset, this is lies and propaganda, because Rentech started this.

Helpfully note that Rentech has graffitied my board reputation. I care little about such things, but getting 4 red squares ain't something that happens naturally. Besides, it's not even really my login anymore, since the password has been changed.

I will consider the matter closed only when Rentech has agreed to resolve the matter. It is entirely in her hands, as this is hardly my doing.

DaveFlew
Asinine Airhead

I'm going to have pi best friends?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: 2005 August 05, 08:35:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ps o is a power in south africa

Not in my part of South Africa it isn't... which leads me to ask: Huh?

What's the boolprop for siamese twins?

invisiblehousesr2cute
Spartan
« Reply #246 on: 2005 August 05, 08:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ps o is a power in south africa

Not in my part of South Africa it isn't... which leads me to ask: Huh?
well it says in a button on the bottom of the page, proudly south african
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: 2005 August 05, 08:41:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh god, having red quares is about as important as having rude rank titles!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2005 August 05, 08:47:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh god, having red quares is about as important as having rude rank titles!
Yes, yes. My point is that it is not naturally occurring, it's something Rentech did, probably in hopes it would cause me distress and consternation, or at least be entertaining in some way. It also happens to graphically symbolize my banned state, including the fact that I can't actually login at all anymore, let alone simply login and not be able to do anything including read the posts. Yep, very banned. No lies or joking here. If anyone's lying to you, it's Rentech.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: 2005 August 05, 09:02:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of that is just the forum software behaving unpredictably.  Maybe people who are banned from posting do get their green squares stripped automatically.  And there's recently been a spate of people shut out accidentally, as some people in this thread found out.  You have to have eyes at the bottom of your feet to control these forum apps properly :0

You're both getting into a real state over this, you should both just enjoy the individually very good sites you each have now and let the whole thing go.  I've said much the same to her, that it's not worth getting wound up about.   There's just a whole load of misunderstandings and paranoia taking over and the whole thing is setting an appalling example to any easily influenced people reading it.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: