More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 02:26:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  What a surprise....Pets and Seasons patch problems
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What a surprise....Pets and Seasons patch problems  (Read 3868 times)
LeaveMeAlone
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
What a surprise....Pets and Seasons patch problems
« on: 2007 April 06, 20:03:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amazing how a once pretty simple process has become the frustrating shit that it has.  After numerous attempts, neither patch will install, I get the standard "error during update installation...you may need to uninstall and reinstall...."  I removed my downloads folder, tried to patch again, nothing.  Of course during the course of this, I decide to be a complete and utter jackass and order Celebration stuff.  Hey, what do you know..."this patch is for the Sims2 Pets, but you have a more recent expansion pack installed. To make sure you have the latest updates, you may need to download the update for your latest expansion pack."  Well, that's wonderful, however, I can't very well do that, now can I? 

Ideas?  Insights?  Suggestions?  Figured it was worth a shot here, than elsewhere.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
Re: What a surprise....Pets and Seasons patch problems
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 06, 20:15:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amazing how a once pretty simple process has become the frustrating shit that it has.  After numerous attempts, neither patch will install, I get the standard "error during update installation...you may need to uninstall and reinstall...."  I removed my downloads folder, tried to patch again, nothing.  Of course during the course of this, I decide to be a complete and utter jackass and order Celebration stuff.  Hey, what do you know..."this patch is for the Sims2 Pets, but you have a more recent expansion pack installed. To make sure you have the latest updates, you may need to download the update for your latest expansion pack."  Well, that's wonderful, however, I can't very well do that, now can I? 

Ideas?  Insights?  Suggestions?  Figured it was worth a shot here, than elsewhere.
There are times when the EA advice is the best advice. If you've modified files in the Program Files S2Seasons/Pets directories, and know which ones they are, then you could try restoring the files from the CD. If you have a NO-CD EXE in, then replace it with the EA one temporarily. If you don't know what the problem is, then just follow the EA advice.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
LeaveMeAlone
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 07, 01:28:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't modified any files and I don't have a NO-CD EXE in.  I haven't found any advice from EA, and that's what brought me here.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 07, 01:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't found any advice from EA, and that's what brought me here.
I get the standard "error during update installation...you may need to uninstall and reinstall...."
This was what I meant by "EA advice". If you've tried everything else, then it looks like the best solution.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 07, 02:42:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't found any advice from EA, and that's what brought me here.
I get the standard "error during update installation...you may need to uninstall and reinstall...."
This was what I meant by "EA advice". If you've tried everything else, then it looks like the best solution.

After my own experiments in patching, this is what I ended up doing for my sweetie's game when we got Celebrations.  I backed up his folder, uninstalled Seasons, patched Pets, reinstalled Seasons, inserted copy of back up, patched Seasons, installed Celebrations. Worked fine, works fine. Slightly time-consuming, which is why I did it for him - things like this annoy him, but I don't mind it.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 08, 22:44:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the "uninstall and reinstall" message when trying to patch seasons.  On Twains advise I did uninstall and reinstall Seasons and the patch worked fine. Smiley

Axe murdered since 2006
cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 12, 22:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard that installing seasons forces you to patch pets, likewise when installing celebrations. Don't have experience of this tho as I don't have the lastest games.

ISTP
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: