More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 03:07:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Twins 3 times in a row?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Twins 3 times in a row?  (Read 8318 times)
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Twins 3 times in a row?
« on: 2007 March 31, 18:24:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just merged PV, RB, VV and ST (actually I used Sara(?)'s instructions in Peasantry to merge RB into her downloadable already merged PV, ST, VV) and everything is running wonderfully except for the fact that I have had 3 sets of twins in a row.  The first 2 I thought must be just chance but now I am beginning to wonder if I haven't borked something somewhere.

So far there have been only 5 births - Brandy's pre-planned (only it was a girl this time??), the Ottomas pre-planned twins (they belonged to Brandy supposedly), Cass and Don had twins, John and Jennifer had twins and now Regan and Cornwall just had twins.  I want to just hold out and see if the next couple has twins too but I don't think I can take another set of the buggers and it really seems like it must be more than dumb luck.

I haven't went to any community lots to buy cheesecake nor have I had my sims make it and I have very few mods that are not from here -

Carrigon's forever burn fireplace, Christianluv's pet teleporter and home pet collar buyer, Inge's teleporter painting and Monique's computer.

None that I think would have to do with twins so I am at a loss.  Baby-wise from here I use the babycontroller and nobabyharassment.  They were all conceived via ACR's autonomous try for baby.  I have used almost all these mods for awhile with no problems whatsoever before though so I have no idea what to guess I have done.

So, my question is - Is there something that gets set somewhere that I can check to see if there is something always making twins?  I am wondering if something snuck in somewhere but I don't download houses or premade sims, only hair and clothes

I guess in the meantime I will just wait and see if the next couple has twins too, Bianca and the bald Capp are about to be married so "try for baby" will kick in fairly soon on ACR but so help me if it is twins again there will be an unfortunate accident.

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
Re: Twins 3 times in a row?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 31, 18:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's perfectly possible to get twins three times on the run without any kind of hack or problem with the game.  The incidence of twins is set far too high anyway.

When you merge the base neighbourhoods, AFAIK, the original set ups get broken so Brandi having a daughter is not unexpected.

Inteen for AL, yay!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 31, 18:45:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Merging in neighborhood and subhoods with pregnant sims tends to result in a borked pregnancy token with unpredictable results, like with the Ottomas.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 31, 19:24:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The incidence of twins is set far too high anyway.

Yeah, riiight.

I have had one (1) set of natural twins since sims 2 came out.

Sadorandom rulez.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 31, 20:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with witch.  I have had maybe 3 sets of twins total from all the hoods I have played up to this one since I have played Sims2.  Well, except when I cheesecaked that stupid lazy Tinker woman over and over to make sure she was miserable thinking she wanted to be a baby factory.

That is what had me wondering what was up.  I am just gonna leave it alone and hope for the best I guess.  I haven't looked to see how many character files I have yet but I am gonna have to have some population control pretty soon if this keeps up.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 31, 22:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gah - sadorandom indeed - I can't move for piggin' twins.

However, I still say three in a row is quite within normal game limits - I've been there, done that and have the t-shirt.

Inteen for AL, yay!
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 01, 02:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had only three sets, but my very first Simpregnancy turned out to be twins. I had no real idea how to play the game at the time. I'm surprised everyone survived.

The secret to twins is to really not want twins, I think.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
gjam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 01, 02:56:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The odds of twins is 10%, right?  If I remember my probabilities correctly, that makes the odds of three in a row 1 in 1000. 

Rare, but not outrageous.  If you consider only those who post and/or lurk here regularly, I expect we collectively account for well over a thousand sim births.  Even counting only the natural births.

Now playing: UNI, NL, OFB, & Pets
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 01, 05:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had three in a row too, right after installing NL, and another couple in a row around OFB I think. Definitely random, though I have had twins often enough that I tried and soon took out the triplet/quad hack... didn't need that many new Sims popping up. I found it interesting though that one half of my first set of twins in the game had twins of his own, and one of THOSE twins has also fathered twins now. The pattern will break soon, I'm sure, but it amuses me nonetheless Tongue

Meh, to satisfy my own curiosity... of 117 births in-game in my 'hood, 15 are twins and one was triplets. Two of those were thanks to the hack adjusting the odds. Never any cheesecake... don't think I've made it in-game yet, heh. That's kind of surprising, it feels like there were more, but I guess not!
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 01, 19:13:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The secret to twins is to really not want twins, I think.
Which is why I always get them.

I have had a whole slew of them since Seasons. It's to the point where I just expect them now, and I start wiggling and clapping when the pop-up says "There's a new family member on the way."
rosenshyne
Dimwitted Dunce

I/ENFJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 April 01, 21:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It could be related to the fact that it's basically a brand new neighborhood. In one neighborhood I had, a couple had two sets of twins, then he impregnanted the au pair with twins, then impregnated his wife with twins, then her brother had quads followed by two sets of twins. Needless to say, I deleted that neighborhood and ran.

elle.jae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 April 01, 22:55:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had 3 sets of twins in a row in my last go-around with Pleasantview. Two were in the same family, and then I went to play another family and they had twins, too. I had way too many twin births in that neighborhood though...it was getting to the point that every stinking family had a set of twins. That was one of the main reason I started the neighborhood over.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 April 02, 20:46:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even with the triplet and quad hack in the game, ive only ever had two twin births since the game came out, and one of them was due to cheesecake...  So yeah, its the sadorandom thingy going nasty on you.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 April 03, 00:12:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, nothing wrong with my game I guess.  Bianca is still pg but the pregnancy scanner from ACR says one baby expected.

Now watch, I'll start a new hood and not see another set of twins until Sims 3 comes out  Tongue
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 April 03, 01:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh. I have the trip/quad hack, which I've set to 8% twins, 5% triplets, 4% quadruplets, and I've still had four sets of twins in a row. That's the thing about probability...it's a die toss.

Now, the fact that three of those sets of twins were back-to-back in the same family is giving me fits. I had one set of toddler boy twins, a 3rd trimester pregnancy in the mother when the father autonomously stargazed and was abducted. She gave birth to twin girls while he was "away" and then he popped out another set of twin girls (May-wi and Wi-may) when it was his time. And, of course, the family has three dogs and a home business. Chaos incarnate.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
rosenshyne
Dimwitted Dunce

I/ENFJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 April 03, 01:22:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Triplets/Quads hack is set to 1% quads, 2% triplets, and 7% twins... and i still ended up with hell.

Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 April 03, 05:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lately, I've only been using the Triplets and Quads mod (non-random version) to change twins to singles, if I feel like there are too many sims in the house already. I play without any 8 sim limits, but lately I've never had more than three or four to a house. (Ever since my failed Don Lothario Woohoo=Baby experiment. He did meet his Woohoo LTW though, and had two sets of twins...)

Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 April 03, 07:56:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, I should check to see if the twins odds have been altered since I installed Seasons. I've only had one birth since it was installed, and it was twin boys (to the Ramawashi (?) couple that came with Riverblossom Hills). I'm pretty sure I have the exact same odds set up in the triplets & More hack that rosenshyne has, too.

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 April 03, 09:33:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had 3/16 twin births since pets. 0/1 since seasons (not much to base statistics on yet).
I use no mods for twins and none of my sims are allowed within ten miles of a cheese cake.
I enforce a strict one child policy in my neigbourhood, and I absolutely detest twins, since they mess up my strategy.  The spare one usually ends up as a cheese sim and dies happily of old age, fat and childless.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 April 03, 15:37:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The spare one usually ends up as a cheese sim and dies happily of old age, fat and childless.

For some reason that just reminded me of Dave Barry (humor column and book writer for folks not in the USA) always referring to his two dogs as the main dog and the auxiliary dog. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 April 03, 19:13:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I enforce a strict one child policy in my neigbourhood, and I absolutely detest twins, since they mess up my strategy.  The spare one usually ends up as a cheese sim and dies happily of old age, fat and childless.
I prefer making my Romance sims grilled cheese-obsessed zombies, so we're kind of in line there. But I roll for number of children. If they dare to have twins on the last birth and mess me up, one of them has a little "accident". Never question the Oversoul.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: