More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:51:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  GAH! stop creating wolves!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: GAH! stop creating wolves!  (Read 8720 times)
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
GAH! stop creating wolves!
« on: 2007 March 21, 08:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sick of these wolves that appear in my game every 20 seconds!
I'm sick of it and it annoys the heck out of me not to mention it makes me nearly get BSOD because it friggen clogs up the CPU!
yes my video card runs fine but I just want to know where's a global hack that STOPS wolves being recreated even thought there are a bazillion wolves already in my game
Again it's annoying, makes you pissed off and VERY UNAWESOME!

from Grump to the bloody dogs

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: GAH! stop creating wolves!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 21, 08:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Antiredundancy should reduce the number of wolves appearing to only the bare minimum number of simultaneously appearing wolves. You may also opt to employ Wolf Watchers to make it easier to discourage wolves entirely, by densely populating the area.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 21, 12:39:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have an anti-wolf sign on my site that will prevent wolves from showing up on a lot by lot basis. Smiley

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 21, 22:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim wolves seems to be like real world cockroaches; I wonder if the Exterminator may help.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 21, 22:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had much problems with wolves on the lot I'm playing right now, lately, but there's this one white dog, Nashira or something, that shows up every fricken couple of hours on every fricken lot. She gets shooed off, then comes right back a short while later.

I have TJ's visitor hack and it keeps the strays away, but there's still a lag when they TRY to appear on the lot, just before vaporizing. Grrr.

It is a pain trying to keep an eye on those sims who want to befriend the wolves, though. I don't want any more werewolves in my game. Tongue
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 21, 22:59:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the white dog is one of the wolves. She's named Delia in my game (I use Jordi's Live.package, though, so no telling what her Maxis name would have been). Anyhoo you describe the white on in my game exactly. Constantly showing up on every single lot and returns shortly after being chased off.

Up until just yesterday I've only had 2 wolves in my game. The white one (Delia) and the LOTP (who was Ansgar but is now Grael because I have an Ansgar elsewhere.. anyhoo!). Yesterday, while playing one of my lots, the game hung for a few seconds ... I panicked... then resumed. When I did a search around the lot I discovered a freshly generated new black wolf standing near Delia on the sidewalk.

I have noredundancy in and all the other noregen hacks. I guess wolf generation is just an entirely seperate entity.

I do hope the trend doesn't continue. 3 is just plenty for me.
daephene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 21, 23:27:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assumed I was going to get three regular wolves, since there are three of everything else and the game created three pretty quickly.  But then one day it paused and created a fourth, while one of the existing wolves was already on the lot.  I was annoyed, but so far it hasn't done it again.  I only have two leaders of the pack.  Oddly, the game created one wolf and one leader of the pack right after each other, both named Baxter.  My other wolves are all named after food for some reason.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 23, 13:25:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use TJ's visitor controller,and just ban wolves from my lots.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 23, 14:50:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I don't even think I've ever seen one, unless they're very un-wolfy looking.  I know I haven't seen any glowy eyes.  There are two white, long-haired strays that come around at times but very rarely.  I'm wondering when Pescado writes that wolves should not appear in more populated areas and only in areas where there's a lot of trees, does this mean at neighborhood view level?  If I want more wolves to appear, should I add more trees to the lots or more trees between lots in the neighborhood view?

1. I am a Mac person so DO NOT refer me to Simpe!!!!
2. English is NOT my first language so please forgive any mistakes.
3. My dog loves to eat chicken shit.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 23, 14:54:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I don't even think I've ever seen one, unless they're very un-wolfy looking.  I know I haven't seen any glowy eyes.
Glowy eyes only appear on the alpha wolf. The regular wolves do not have glowy eyes.

There are two white, long-haired strays that come around at times but very rarely.  I'm wondering when Pescado writes that wolves should not appear in more populated areas and only in areas where there's a lot of trees, does this mean at neighborhood view level?  If I want more wolves to appear, should I add more trees to the lots or more trees between lots in the neighborhood view?
Yes. If you don't want wolves, move into the middle of downtown surrounded by other inhabitants and commercial areas, with a minimum of foliage on your lot. If you DO want wolves, move into a cabin in the middle of the woods.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 23, 18:14:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get wolfs all the time and I don't have many trees around, do fruit trees count too?

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 24, 00:52:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. If you don't want wolves, move into the middle of downtown surrounded by other inhabitants and commercial areas, with a minimum of foliage on your lot. If you DO want wolves, move into a cabin in the middle of the woods.

So, the only foliage that counts (for attracting wolves) is the kind you can place in your lot from build mode, not the neighborhood decoration foliage?  I just want to be able to see at least one in my lifetime...

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 24, 01:33:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are two white, long-haired strays that come around at times but very rarely...

These two might be wolves; I get white long-haired wolves all the time. If you aren't sure, you might try greeting one the next time you see him/her doing something like rolling in the flowers. A regular stray dog will have the Scold option available after you greet it, but the wolves I've met haven't been Scold-able until they were adopted.

Good luck in your wolf search Wink
Liz

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 25, 23:03:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i've had like 4-6 wolves on a lot at a time.
two black, two multi, atleast one white (i know i've had two white on one lot at some point but it wasn't the same neighborhood, so i'm not sure if both neighborhoods have two whites) and the alpha. ...i'm quite fond of trees  Roll Eyes

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 25, 23:18:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to mention that having babies or toddlers on the lot will also attract wolves.  I once had two wolves hang around a lot with twin toddlers for days.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 26, 12:18:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I only get 2 wolfy (sort of) strays at all in my game - one named Edward who is gray and one named Hot who is white, both male.  But, they are both scoldable and praisable.  I dled the pet teleporter thingie from MTS2 and no other wolfy looking pets shows up on it.  Does anyone know if they would, or if it is a fact that to tell if they're wolves you shouldn't be able to praise or scold them? (don't mean to doubt you Liz Kiss).  I'm even using DJ's wolf attracting sign and it's been two sim days and still no wolves.

Oh, and the last few lots I've been playing for an accumulated ten sim days have all toddlers on them.

Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 April 03, 10:26:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 'wolves' look like sled dogs except with straight tails and seem to come in white and 'wolf-colored'.  Disappointably, they act just like dogs and are definitely scoldable/praiseable/adoptable.  If you don't like wolves or werewolves then just ignore them.  They are no more bothersome than the unbelievable multitudes of other stray animals which come wandering by at all hours of the day and night.  Just be glad they don't kick the can!...Or do they?

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 April 03, 14:04:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want a wolf problem! WTF, I downloaded the wolf attraction sign, have five trees on the lot, the neighborhood is sparse, there are a bunch of trees in the neighborhood view and still no freakin' wolf. Not fair. I cry foul. I saw them in Pleasantview a lot before I installed Seasons. Now Veronaville is wolfless. Odd, since Pleasantview is a lot more habbited. Especially since Veronaville was recently devastated by a plague of mighty smiting.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 April 03, 19:23:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just be glad they don't kick the can!...Or do they?
They do, the bastards. At least Tucker, my LOTP, is rather fond of that and digging up my flowers and digging holes right in front of the Bruenig's dogs. I have one werewolf in a neighborhood I don't play anymore, and that's enough for me.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 April 03, 23:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i've had no problem getting wolves since seasons, i don't have wolfwatchers installed however. One knowledge sim and he gets atleast a wolf a day, the LOTP had showed up on the third day, suprising the hell outta me, as he didn't get to interact with the first wolf very much

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 April 04, 13:23:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it was related to a corrupt backup. I had the neighborhood on a disk, borked something and reinstalled the game. Then I borked something else (I WILL get this clean template neighborhood right!!!) and reinstalled again. Both times I used the backup of Veronaville, well this last time the 'hood was really seriously screwy. So I think the wolves were the first thing to go. Bad copy on the disk I guess.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: