More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 15, 20:16:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is there no cure for Petspam?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is there no cure for Petspam?  (Read 8900 times)
delonariel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Is there no cure for Petspam?
« on: 2007 March 19, 12:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if there's any mod that gets rid of these wants to 'teach pet command' that will not die? Or, worse yet, command them to do something utterly useless. I've been looking for weeks and I can't understand why I haven't found anything yet. Surely this must be pissing other players off as well.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Is there no cure for Petspam?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 19, 13:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's under destruction. Maybe I'll finish it next weekish. Maybe I'll included in the Undiscovered Shiny. Maybe.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
delonariel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 19, 13:35:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I'd certaintly appreciate it.  Smiley thanks
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 19, 13:59:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any chance it could also nuke the skunk fears?

Sims should reasonably be afraid their pet would be sprayed if they've seen a skunk at their house, or a pet has been sprayed in the past.  But instead they roll skunk fears for 'someone they don't even know who lives in another neighborhood's dog that they happened to bump in to on the street".  It's made even worse by how these fears are hogging all the slots.  I don't know when I saw a normal apiration fear, last. Roll Eyes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 19, 14:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, Fat Gwilly People were just asking about this earlier. Turns out that yes, something like that is in the works.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 19, 19:57:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fat Gwilly People are very happy with the shiny.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 19, 21:13:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any chance it could also nuke the skunk fears?

Sims should reasonably be afraid their pet would be sprayed if they've seen a skunk at their house, or a pet has been sprayed in the past.  But instead they roll skunk fears for 'someone they don't even know who lives in another neighborhood's dog that they happened to bump in to on the street".  It's made even worse by how these fears are hogging all the slots.  I don't know when I saw a normal apiration fear, last. Roll Eyes

I totally feel this. I moved ol Malcolm Landgraab in with one of my sims and he had a fear of being rejected by one dog, and the skunk thing with another. I thought this was weird, because I use the visitor controller to ban all animals--pets, strays, voles, whatevs. At first I wondered if he had dogs at his old house or something. But no, he had run into those dogs on a community lot before I could nuke them. And now it is his permanant fear--that something bad will happen to these stupid dogs he met for five seconds.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 20, 07:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's nothing.  I had a servo with 3 fear slots blocked by fears about completely random pets being sprayed by skunks.  So I went into simpe and removed her relationship with not just said dogs, but all pets, and removed all her memories relating to meeting any pet, then banned all pets from the lot and used the lot debugger to re-roll wants repeatedly, and STILL the only thing the sensible knowlege servo would fear was the olfactory integrity of three dogs she now had never met.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 20, 08:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Frankly - I'd have had the dogs and the skunk on the lot pronto. 

Assmitten - you get voles?  wow.  Shocked

Inteen for AL, yay!
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 26, 00:23:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a cure for Sims wanting to interact with Pets they not only do not own, but who have been sold to Townies and are therefore in the adoption pool or have disappeared into the ether?

It's making me Crazier than I was before.
MyPrecious
Blathering Buffoon

"And we don't want any of that nonsense, do we?"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 30, 14:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh God yes!! No pet spam ...

I have tried teaching them every trick there is, but then they have endless performance wants, not only that kids that move out continue to want to "do this that and every freaking thing" with pets that live with the parents! Argghh!

A definition of loafing is; when you can't be bothered to open the curtains so you click the Glastonbury festival web cam to check the weather…

O môr henion i dhû:
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 30, 14:56:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if there's any mod that gets rid of these wants to 'teach pet command' that will not die? Or, worse yet, command them to do something utterly useless. I've been looking for weeks and I can't understand why I haven't found anything yet. Surely this must be pissing other players off as well.

I uninstalled Pets.  That worked  Tongue
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 30, 17:34:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The main reason I haven't is because I haven't got a werewolf yet. Of course, I haven't got a vampire or a zombie yet either, mostly because I'm lazy.

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 30, 18:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lot Debugger > Make Me... > Werewolf/Zombie.

And I think you can cause vampirism with TJ's College Adjuster.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
nataku
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 30, 20:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind the teach pet commands wants, gives me a reason to do them, but I agree that the 'command pet to do whatever' want constantly rolling up after you've taught them the command is very annoying.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 April 02, 00:21:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I concur, nataku. The teaching of commands is at least somewhat useful, as it will help the pets advance in their jobs (not that I ever give my pets jobs), but constantly wanting to give the commands is just stupid.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
KatanaFoxx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 April 07, 19:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just wondering if this mod is around and I missed it or is it still in the works.

I kinda miss my pets...They all went to the adoption pool until I can find a mod to rid of pet spam. Cry
Kris
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 April 08, 03:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just wondering if this mod is around and I missed it or is it still in the works.

I kinda miss my pets...They all went to the adoption pool until I can find a mod to rid of pet spam. Cry

Seconded!

Every last one of my pets got put up for adoption as well. This week I decided to risk having another pet, just to see if Seasons helped. Well, I had a different family re-adopt a cat, and now not only is this entire family want-clogged, the cat's previous family also wants (literally) nothing else but to interact with this cat.
Back in the adoption pool she goes.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: