More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:20:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Authorized Personnel Only Security System v5.0
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Authorized Personnel Only Security System v5.0  (Read 69216 times)
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
Re: Authorized Personnel Only Security System v5.0
« Reply #25 on: 2008 July 05, 08:21:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a household where I don't want the members to pass any door unless being directed to. From what I understand, this is what "Deny.../Autonomous" is for. Is this correct?

If yes, would this prevent them from reaching the fridge (which is in a seperate room), or does the fridge room have to be locked down seperately (my current configuration)?

AUTONOMOUS
      This category consists of resident controllable sims that are not
      performing a user-priority interaction or greater. Also includes, or
      perhaps *specifically* includes, Sims trying to puke.

"Or greater" means interactions initiated by Macrotastics, I suppose?

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 July 05, 11:12:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

User-priority or greater means actions of priority >= 50. Autonomous actions are priority 20-ish, IIRC, which is why they queuestomp. It's a technical term. The game has no other real way to distinguish between manually-queued and autonomous actions. External things can push at user or max priority, which would be greater than user-priority.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2008 August 10, 04:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found out why sometimes Ninja teleport is disabled in and out of the APO-autonomous-locked rooms. It was not related to Ninja teleport per se, but to route blocks. If I lock the room with APO denying Autonomous AND set route blocks, then Teleport Here disappears from pie menu. If I unset route blocks, teleport appears again. I tested it with free will on.

And it's not just limited to Autonomous, the same goes to other types of passage. If I deny Adults and set route blocks, Teleport Here disappears from adult's pie menu, but still appears in teen's pie menu. Looks like Sims need to be able to "see" the destination before they teleport.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2008 September 06, 00:33:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't put this in my game yet, but I don't know if it will do what I want.  Basically, I have a house with a home ticket business that is open 24/7 to keep my fortune sims happy and earning money all the time.  Naturally, the main house is closed to all but the members of the household.  However, when the teenage daughter invites her friends over for dates, I want them to be able to come inside the house but keep the customers confined to the business area.  Is it possible to get this mod to distinguish between walkbys/sims that have specifically been invited over and customers?  There seems to be something that limits the number of customers but doesn't interfere with walkbys or invited sims, at any rate.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2009 April 24, 23:55:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, I guess this is technically a double-post, isn't it?

Is there any way to use APO to prevent apartment neighbors from entering my playables' apartments, other than setting it to deny Everyone and make exceptions for my playables?  I tried denying Visitors, but it doesn't seem to prevent random apartment neighbors from wandering into the apartment.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 April 25, 00:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apartment neighbors should be classified as visitors. If you've checked to make sure you've covered all the idiot mistakes, force an error on the offending intruder and attach the log.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2009 April 25, 18:56:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, come to think of it, I think the last one may have chosen to route to somewhere inside the apartment while I had security disabled for a few minutes; by the time they arrived at the apartment door, the room was locked again, but this did not dissuade them.  If the sim has already decided it wants to enter the apartment, should locking the room again prevent them?  I hope that made sense.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 April 25, 23:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, on further investigation, it turns out there's a seperate bug that is breaking apartment doors completely, unrelated to APO. A new alfixes should fix the problem.

LadyIslay
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 January 30, 02:12:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I realize this item is rather old, BUT, was it ever updated to include the butler in any of the categories? 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 January 30, 04:41:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe the Butler is classified as "service". AwesomeSpec building indicates that the fridge should be locked away at minimum, so if you are building houses for Butler-usage, you can place the fridge in its own cage and lock the door to basically everyone, thus preventing people from trying to pull food out of the fridge.

andreijarellvedad
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2012 May 16, 14:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry if I'm very un-updated but, can this be used on apartment life, or mansion and garden? if so, then why can't I find this object?

Thanks in advance,

May God bless you all...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2012 May 17, 01:31:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it works the same and is found in the same place.

andreijarellvedad
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2012 May 17, 08:38:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you give me the specific category? because I've checked all the category and didn't find the object... What does it look like? And whats the name?

Thank you again and. May God bless you all.............
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2012 May 17, 08:52:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks and should be found in the same place as the regular burglar alarm.

andreijarellvedad
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2012 May 17, 09:40:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, I cant find it.... Whats the name?

Edit: Did you mean that it is the original burglar alarm but you put some new "features"?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2012 May 17, 10:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, there should be a second one. It should be obvious. You can't miss it.

andreijarellvedad
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2012 May 17, 10:32:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!?Huh Shocked WHY DIDN'T I NOTICED THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!?HuhHuh? Shocked Huh Well, thank you for helping me Pescado..... I guess my friends and families are right... I REALLY NEED TO GET NEW GLASSES!!!! Embarrassed LOL... thank you... May God bless you forever.... Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

EDIT: Does it need to be configured one by one or one is equals to all of them?
« Last Edit: 2012 May 17, 10:48:07 by andreijarellvedad » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2012 May 17, 12:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Each room is configured separately, although if you want to "clone" them, buy several and put them in one room, set the settings, then move them.

Using various settings, and combinations of doors, floor dividers (which break up a walkable area into separate "rooms"), and arches (which obviously can't be locked), it's possible to create routing paths designed to optimize traffic flow, such as one-way entrance/exit doors, so high-traffic areas don't have people trying to enter through exits and colliding.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2012 May 17, 15:08:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!?Huh Shocked WHY DIDN'T I NOTICED THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!?HuhHuh? Shocked Huh Well, thank you for helping me Pescado..... I guess my friends and families are right... I REALLY NEED TO GET NEW GLASSES!!!! Embarrassed LOL... thank you... May God bless you forever.... Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

EDIT: Does it need to be configured one by one or one is equals to all of them?

Stop using the obnoxious smilies, learn how to punctuate properly (you end declarative sentences with ONE full stop, not a whole string of them), and stop being so effusive with the squealing and god-bothering.  It's painful to read.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: