More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:38:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Overheating has gone too far!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Overheating has gone too far!!  (Read 19084 times)
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Overheating has gone too far!!
« on: 2007 March 10, 00:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is really becoming annoying.  How many people burst into flames after running on the treadmill for about two hours.  Mind you I couldn't do it, but you would think that you would get off before you catch fire.  The red bar goes up immediately when they start running--when do you get them off??  It took him more time to cool off than it did to get hot. At this speed, it is going to take the rest of his life to get 10 body points.  We really need this fixed.  If they are in a cool room during a snow storm,  Grandma shouldn't have to get out the fire extinguisher.  Has anyone else had a prob with this.  What is going to happen at the gym when you have about 10 sims on the treadmills that are out of your control--are they going to get off?  The teen that caught fire wasn't even needing a shower yet. 
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Overheating has gone too far!!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 10, 00:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could try this http://simlogical.com/dinnerbell/index.php?topic=503.0
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 10, 00:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure that would affect spontaneous combustion. A hack is currently in testing that addresses the heat-related issues, such as broken heat-capping, however. The chance of spontaneous combustion is also greatly reduced.

As for the heat issue, part of what greatly exacerbates it is that while "Everyday" cools at -6, Exercise cools at -4 only. This means that it is LESS effective at dissipating heat (and those tracksuits sure do look sweaty), and yet you need *MORE* heat dissipation! This is incredibly backwards and sadistic, to wear an outfit to make you HOTTER while exercising.

The sadism also appears to primarily affect the Treadmill: Normal exercise machines do not appear to generate heat that quickly, although they do. Treadmills are clearly meant to be operable only in the most freezingist of cold, as sims will boil rapidly on them.

AND THE EXERCISE-WEAR IS SADISTIC.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 10, 00:54:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will be looking forward to that.  Thanx JM.   You are so funny.  Would it help to put it outside if it is cold?  Or would they not spin out of their coats?  I'll check it out tomarrow.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 10, 01:00:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. Actually, it seems to be some sort of weirdness in this particular room in the house. Or something. In a truly, truly sadistic way, Normal, Exercise, and Formal are all cooling at -4, Outerwear has a 0 (sim doesn't cool), but putting him in his freaking underwear is a -2?!? It's HOTTER that way? WTF?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 10, 01:04:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The tread mill was in his bed room.  It is the family that has two elder women and a father and a teenaged boy(in the new neighborhood.  They have that really big house.  He is in the bottom room.  It probably was some kind of glitch.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 10, 01:14:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't asking about your layout, I was getting some odd readings from my layout. Apparently, attics operate a little oddly in Seasons. I am now going to have to launch a detailed probe into the issue, as the only reaction that makes any sense to the CURRENT readings I'm getting are "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Over?".

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 10, 01:21:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll probably be punished severely for mentioning the non-awesome, but Paladin http://www.simwardrobe.com/ has two wonderful 'fixes' - no random bursting into flames and no social worker for hot or cold. I haven't had anyone burst into flames in my game yet, but I had 5 children taken away because one idiot child went to build a snowman in his pajama's so these were a godsend for me.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 10, 01:26:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Building a snowman in, well, anything, really, is pretty brutal. The actual outfit worn while doing anything in the game has only a small effect that must be compounded over time. Merely BUILDING A SNOWMAN will freeze a sim solid REAL fast. A detailed, systematic study and analysis of how it works is currently in progress. The current empirical evidence suggests that running around for 3 hours in your underwear during a snowstorm is somewhat less harmful to a sim's temperature than building a snowman in proper outerwear.

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 10, 02:07:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could sims be prevented from autonomous snowman building as a way of dealing with the temperature issue?
twink
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 10, 02:49:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found this interesting from Paladin at Sim Wardrobe

Prevents sims from randomly bursting into flames when they are hot.Requires the Seasons expansion pack.

Notes:
The seasons expansion pack has sims bursting into flames all over the place. It made me rather curious about just why that was. So I poked around in the code and was rather surprised about what I found.

If your sim's temperature is greater than or equal to 70, there is a 1 in 100 chance of the sim bursting into flames. There is a chance of this happening once every 15 minutes. Objects such as the treadmill rapidly push your sims temperature over 70. It should be noted that your sim will suffer heat exhaustion at 100, so the threshold for bursting into flames is actually much lower.

This is perhaps the most user unfriendly piece of code that I could imagine them adding. At least with this fix people can use the treadmill and hot tub without fear of sim-immolation.

www.simwardrobe.com

Twink

Stressed spelled backwards is desserts.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 10, 02:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far I've found the bursting into flames to be amusing, but I suppose it will get old soon.

Fail.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 10, 03:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the warmth fixing business is in its final test stages, although I'm not sure whether to bother releasing it if it's already been done. Does anyone still care, or would you just prefer the various no-freeze, no-explode things?
« Last Edit: 2007 March 10, 03:40:01 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 10, 03:49:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would very much prefer the awesome version, as it, as far as ive understood it, still allows for the random burst of fire, or freezing,w hile the non awesome ones completely remove the opportunity of seing that happen.

So please dont cancel it.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 10, 04:39:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't generally like hacks that completely kill the possibility of something happening, as long as it isn't something undeniably stupid, like "What's this?"

So an awesome version would be nice.

Fail.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 10, 05:15:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims are.. oddly.. being very good about this whole temperature thing.

...a little too good. It's beginning to annoy me.

If I send you outside and have you build six snowmen and make four angels, dammit I expect you to freeze!

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 March 10, 05:18:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims are.. oddly.. being very good about this whole temperature thing.

...a little too good. It's beginning to annoy me.

If I send you outside and have you build six snowmen and make four angels, dammit I expect you to freeze!

That is a bit odd. My sims's faces had turned grey after building one snowman and making one snow angel. Tongue

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 March 10, 05:19:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The -85 capping will actually prevent freezing unless temperature falls to -70. Once this happens, however, messing with this will freeze them faster than prancing about naked.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2007 March 10, 17:54:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So was your final conclusion that exercisewear cooled at -4 not -6 as per first results?
Was the underwear confirmed as -2?
Any idea what the problem was with the attic?

I'd like an awesome hack please.  I'd rather have all my hacks in one basket as it were..

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 March 10, 18:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please Pes, I would like an awsome hack also.   I prefer my hacks to mostly come from one source.     Stupid kids jumping on the beds.   I have had a few messages now from SS that they will remove my kids if I don't cool them down.   The kids start to autonomously jump on the beds and by the time I find what they are up to they are already way in the red.   
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 March 10, 21:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I definately would prefer a mod that makes the process logical and sensibly calculated rather than the complete quash I am using at the moment.

Except for the Social Worker thingie. That's just silly. The number of 'real' children who get terrible things done to them and nobody cares, yet electronic children are rescued from mummy and daddy if the kids are stupid enough to go outside and freeze of their own accord? pffft.

Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 March 10, 21:58:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me, or is anyone else having trouble visiting that site?
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 March 10, 22:10:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got in OK just now

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2007 March 10, 22:17:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd also prefer the awesome version.  Occasional combustion for more logical reasons is fine.  While we're on the subject, I'd also love an awesome hack that lowered the chance of plant sims happening without killing it altogether.  :p

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 March 10, 23:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me, or is anyone else having trouble visiting that site?
No, it isn't just you. I can't get in either (and I've tried on two different PCs, in 3 different browsers, so it probably isn't a client side issue).

Note that the alternate URL http://148.122.173.174/pplace/main.htm works, so maybe the simwardrobe.com domain has just gone down.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: