More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 11:34:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Terrible crash when using Stuck object remover to remove stuck penguin
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Terrible crash when using Stuck object remover to remove stuck penguin  (Read 4748 times)
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Terrible crash when using Stuck object remover to remove stuck penguin
« on: 2007 March 09, 02:57:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got a penguin stuck on my lot for almost 2 sims years (it just stands there frozen, cant remove using moveobjects cheat)
so i downloaded the latest version of stuck object remover and put on top of the penguin, when i unpause the game freezes
so i wait and wait and wait still no response so i tab out, then harddrive started to spin like crazy and for a while i couldnt even move my mouse cursor
it must have been a whole 20 mins the harddrive were working hard until it finally stopped.
never had crash this bad for long time.
it didn't generate any error log
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: Terrible crash when using Stuck object remover to remove stuck penguin
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 09, 02:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2 sim years?

2 days, or what?
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 09, 08:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So is the penguin still there?

Can you force an error on the penguin with testingcheats enabled true?  If not you could try the "force error on everything" option on the lotdebugger.  finish your masterpieces first....

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 09, 10:02:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You froze a penguin? Sounds like a hell of a cold snap.
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 09, 17:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2 sims years as 2x 4 seasons

the penguin just stand there with no animation
i tried force error on it and it doesnt work just keep generating errors

the penguin is still there
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 09, 20:04:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had the same error, forcing error did not work and I couldn't remember how to generate an error log (going to go write that down now  Angry ) Didn't get a chance to try the lot debugger.
 However, I did notice that the error occured at a portal, and that just prior the penguin had tried to enter through the portal at the other end of the lot. It was prevented from doing so by a stray that was attemping to leave through the same portal the penguin was trying to enter. They both sat there and "glitched" for a minute before disappearing. When the penguin reappeared at the other portal he was still having the same "glitchy" type of behavior, as in he looked as though he were stuck on a treadmill. 
ETA I do have some object errors in my log for today, would they be of any use to anyone?
« Last Edit: 2007 March 09, 20:30:53 by TaWanda » Logged
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 12, 12:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the exact same problem. Using the Lot Debugger and forcing errors gets rid of the penguin, though the next time a penguin appears it gets stuck, too. I had three damned penguins getting stuck during 30min play. I've never had that many penguins on my lot before, ever.

The Great One suggested that it might be non-awesome content conflicting with the awesome, and though I've only got non-awesome CC I guess I'll try to see if it's a conflicting hack-CC problem, or if it is just borked Seasons. I'll report back with findings, if I have any.

By the way, how would one go about to create an error log?

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 12, 12:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way, how would one go about to create an error log?

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=7437.0
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 13, 10:10:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I took out all non-awesome content but the problem persisted, a lot of VBTs happened and I had to reinstall. :/

I have no idea what went wrong though.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 13, 13:49:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wondering if there's a problem with a portal...  It doesn't sound like normal deleted portal problems where sims stack up invisibly on the lot, but maybe a blocked portal?  you could try Crammyboy's monitor that reports deleted portals - you could also use the stuckobjectremover on the area around a portal or move the portal if it's in a stupid place.  I'm not awesome enough to help you find the portal, but Crammyboy's portal monitor is on MTS2.  Last time I looked it was here - and only take the monitor, not the fix - EA put the fix in the game eventually. http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=83684

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: