More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:00:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Snow days and nannies
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Snow days and nannies  (Read 11002 times)
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Snow days and nannies
« on: 2007 March 06, 20:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got my first snow day in the game today.  The kids all got the day off school.  Mother was on a 10 to 5 work schedule, so there was no nanny in the house when mum went to work.  Fortunately one of the kids was a teen, as the nanny didn't turn up until around 3pm.

Could someone awesome make a hack that calls the nanny when school is cancelled due to a snow day, if the parent who scheduled the nanny is going to work? 

If not, at least now I know to call a nanny "just for now" next time there's a snow day.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: Snow days and nannies
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 06, 20:26:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Children should can call nannies too, if I remember correctly.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 06, 20:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do remember correctly. Smiley

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 06, 20:28:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are snow days? How's that work? Does this mean kids will practically never go to school, since Fimbulwinter grips my neighborhood?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Velda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 06, 20:59:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only had one snow day, and only after the heavy snow, so it seems reasonable. 
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 06, 21:19:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are snow days? How's that work? Does this mean kids will practically never go to school, since Fimbulwinter grips my neighborhood?

From what I hear, it happens randomly when the snow is very heavy. Haven't actually experienced it yet, so it can't be too often.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 06, 21:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've played a couple of winters and haven't had a snow day yet.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 06, 21:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a 30% random chance of a snow day if there is heavy snow on the ground.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 06, 21:56:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least it makes sense in the game. Where I live it's like OMFGBBQ if there's a millimeter of snow on the ground and then the kids are up your butt all day and they can't even make a snowman. CRIPES.

But I would be down with this hack for sure.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 06, 23:06:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had 3 snow days in a row. It was rather annoying.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 07, 01:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got my first snow day in the game today.  The kids all got the day off school.  Mother was on a 10 to 5 work schedule, so there was no nanny in the house when mum went to work.  Fortunately one of the kids was a teen, as the nanny didn't turn up until around 3pm.

Maybe the nanny was snowed in too..

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 07, 12:38:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made it snow for 2 days straight and didn't get a snow day.  Then all of a sudden next winter snow was built up it had barely snowed an hour or 2 to cause the 2nd build up and yet they declared it a snow day.  Pretty weird if you ask me.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 07, 16:12:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's pretty much how snow days work where I live as well. First snow "OMG, snow on the ground, get the kids out of school." Next day - constant whining from everyone over calling off for a dusting that doesn't even make your feet wet, paren'ts all upset, had to miss work, trouble with sitters etc. A week later - snows for 3 days straight, you can't open your door, freezing weather, nothing moves - whoever decides school's out is too scared to declare a snow day so the kids all go. Next day - constant whining about the dangerous conditions the schools put our kids through, parent's driving through the emergency-condition streets with 2-year-old siblings, most kids don't show up, half the teachers can't get in etc. Next dusiting - send 'em to school and when the 2' builds up, send 'em home at noon. Next day - parent's all b*tch about having to leave work to get kids, can't these guys even watch a weather report? Next snow - call school off the night previous as weather reports 2' expected, next day snow's all melted. Streets are fine. Whine - nobody can even look out a window and see what the weather is. Next dusting - call school off.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

Truthfully, it's rather sadoradom.

Unsouper
Sibling
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 07, 17:16:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There seems to be a difference for snow days between private school and public school... I've had them a few times for private school sims only while the public school sims on the same lot (poor underprivileged shmucks) have to wade through the snow.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 07, 18:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Maxoids said that the parents would also get off(without penalty) if it was a snow day for the kids maybe the parents took off because there was a teen at home that is able to babysit?  Either that or it is broken.  It also might be that the parents already got the call to work before the snow day was declared.
amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 07, 19:26:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Private schools often close when public schools stay open, so quite realistic, I'd say.

As far as schools closing, you just need to live where heavy snow is normal. Schools don't close unless it looks like they would get sued by the bus drivers. Even then, the announcements start out as "school busses will be two hours late -- no morning kindergarten," before you finally get the "school is closed" announcement one hour or so later. But it is never a problem for parents, because they can't get out of the driveway to go to work, anyway. By the time schools close around here, nothing is moving -- not even plows.

For every King, there is a Queen ....
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 March 07, 20:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Snow Day?" What's that? Wimps complaining about not being able to drive.. come on now where's the fun in making it easy to get around.

I never had a snow day and it snowed all the time. We didn't even get to stay home when it was 35 below 0. Yeah those were the fun days. ::grumble::

What a night for a dance, you know I'm a dancing machine. With the fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene. ~King of Leon
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 March 07, 20:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They don't have snow days in Calgary; instead, the schools have this "we're always open for your kids to have somewhere to go" philosophy.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 March 07, 20:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my day, we had to walk to school 10 miles in the snow, uphill and against the wind both ways. And the Japanese would try to bomb us. AND WE LIKED IT!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 March 07, 20:43:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, yes, and when we got home our parents would kill us and dance about on our graves singing "Halleluia".

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 March 07, 21:00:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my day, we got up before we went to bed...

What is the name of that skit - is it one of the Monty Python ones?
Something about a coal miner?

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 March 07, 21:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is a python skit, but I don't know the name of it.
Pythia
Asinine Airhead

Just lurking

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 March 07, 23:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the 4 Yorkshiremen sketch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 March 08, 01:11:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very good, thank you, I enjoyed that. Smiley

Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2007 March 08, 10:59:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually the Four Yorkshiremen sketch was first seen performed by John Cleese, Graham Chapman, Tim Brook-Taylor and Marty Feldman on the At Last The 1948 Show. It was first performed by the Pythons on stage in 1974 at Drury Lane.

This has been a patent Mirelly smart-ass comment but I like exactitudes  Roll Eyes Source Original sketch

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: