More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 15:34:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Seasons: Plant sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seasons: Plant sims  (Read 54798 times)
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
Re: Seasons: Plant sims
« Reply #75 on: 2007 March 20, 00:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's something I haven't been game to try yet: Elder Plantsims still have the option to spawn off a little plant-toddler. But the woman already wants six grandkids, so it's not going to happen. Roll Eyes Maybe in another household, some time, way off in the future... Question is, is this a good idea?

It's not *that* likely everyone on the lot will die before the toddler hits adult, even if 'everyone on the lot' are all elders. And if they do, that just means there'll be a Plantsim toddler in the adoption pool...

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2007 March 20, 09:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I've pretty much decided that I want Seasons *eventually* but I'm waiting until more hacks, bugfixes, etc are available (and possibly a patch or two) before I take the plunge, so to speak. After all the problems I've experienced with Pets, I'm being very cautious now.

I'd just go for it NVA, it's a remarkably bug-free EP and it is the best EP so far as far as I am concerned.

Inteen for AL, yay!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2007 March 20, 09:21:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's something I haven't been game to try yet: Elder Plantsims still have the option to spawn off a little plant-toddler. But the woman already wants six grandkids, so it's not going to happen. Roll Eyes Maybe in another household, some time, way off in the future... Question is, is this a good idea?

It's not *that* likely everyone on the lot will die before the toddler hits adult, even if 'everyone on the lot' are all elders. And if they do, that just means there'll be a Plantsim toddler in the adoption pool...
I see no reason why having plantbabies in the adoption pool is harmful in any way, since the game explicitly supports the case where a plantsim toddler can be taken away for neglect, as well as for standard death cases. At the same time, the benefits are similarly dubious, other than that a sim adopting a toddler will get something other than what he may have expected...

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: 2007 March 20, 11:13:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the same time, the benefits are similarly dubious, other than that a sim adopting a toddler will get something other than what he may have expected...

Heh.  "Would you consider adopting a 'special needs' child...?"

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2007 March 20, 11:14:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't it a rather un-Amberly hour for you to be around?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: 2007 March 20, 11:17:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't it a rather un-Amberly hour for you to be around?

Actually, I'm usually lurking about for pretty much exactly an hour in the mornings, while the Amberspawn gets ready for school and heads out.  I don't usually bother to sign onto IRC, though.

Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: 2007 March 20, 12:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see no reason why having plantbabies in the adoption pool is harmful in any way, since the game explicitly supports the case where a plantsim toddler can be taken away for neglect, as well as for standard death cases. At the same time, the benefits are similarly dubious, other than that a sim adopting a toddler will get something other than what he may have expected...

I could think of a few Sims who wouldn't mind adopting a plantsim. Family/Knowledge couples most likely. Or non-Family couples who want to skip the whole childhood/teen/college bit. Point was, I couldn't see a drawback.

I just thought it interesting that elder plantsims can still reproduce.

Twibil
Blathering Buffoon

I open at the close.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: 2007 March 22, 21:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still wondeing about changing plantsim clothing.  I know I can buy them new clothes, but I kinda like the plant-ish feel to the default plantsim clothing.  Has anyone seen more plantsim clothing anywhere.  I found some on MTS2, but they really weren't suitable for everyday wear; more like lingerie type stuff.  I made Rose Greenman spawn 5 plantbabies and trying to tell them all apart is driving me nuts! (She has the 'have 10 children' want). I am thoroughly un-awesome and have neither the talent or patience to make my own plantsim clothing.

"The rumors that Peter Pan was a fairy are completely unsubstantiated; Not that there's anything wrong with that." - Pascal Curious

www.curiousstate.com
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: 2007 March 22, 21:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PlantSims can breed like normal sims, if you want to go that route. I gave her another plant kid, another girl, and in the end I just stuck make-up on both her daughters, different on each. (Rose stays 'natural' in my game) I also only have Rose in the 'Plantsim' outfit, to help tell them apart. If you don't want them to be too un-plantlike, I think there are some green eyeshadows and green lipstick, for makeup...

starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2007 March 23, 04:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if produce can be placed on OFB shelves. Has anyone tried it?

Although this has nothing to do with Plantsims, I can answer this question.  I decided to have a poor farm family (aptly named Farmer) whose only method of earning cash is selling harvested fruit.  The fruit was placed easily on the OFB shelves and the natives snatched it all up in no time.  However... despite the fact that the Sim had fruit in her inventory, the game saw the inventory as empty so was unable to use any of the "restock" commands - either ingame or Pescado's Macrotastics.  *sigh*

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2007 March 23, 06:02:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although this has nothing to do with Plantsims, I can answer this question.  I decided to have a poor farm family (aptly named Farmer) whose only method of earning cash is selling harvested fruit.  The fruit was placed easily on the OFB shelves and the natives snatched it all up in no time.  However... despite the fact that the Sim had fruit in her inventory, the game saw the inventory as empty so was unable to use any of the "restock" commands - either ingame or Pescado's Macrotastics.  *sigh*

That's strange, I had no problems restocking.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2007 March 23, 07:26:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maybe you need the same quality ? I also had no problem restocking fruit, vegetables and fishes.
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2007 March 23, 07:56:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason, lipstick doesn't seem to work on my female plantsims. I can give them custom eyeshadow/liner and blush without a problem, but her lips stay unchanged no matter what lipstick I stick on it, except for maxis crap. (oh joy).

Anyone else have this problem?
Xianah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: 2007 March 23, 09:10:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its beacause the plant skintone is more like an overlay, like the vamp tone, sort of. You can make lipstick show but you would have to use bodyshop and make lipstick but saving it as Blush. The blush layer seems to be on top of the plant tone.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2007 March 23, 10:35:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's some plant sims stuff here:

http://p218.ezboard.com/fstarlightsimsfrm77.showMessage?topicID=391.topic

Check out the other threads because there's several that have set stuff in them.

Unsouper
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2007 March 23, 11:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason, lipstick doesn't seem to work on my female plantsims. I can give them custom eyeshadow/liner and blush without a problem, but her lips stay unchanged no matter what lipstick I stick on it, except for maxis crap. (oh joy).
This is a known artifact produced by the fact that all custom lipsticks cloned pre-Seasons treat themselves as layer 0. Naturally, this means it's the lowest layer and gets stomped by everything. The Vampire/Werewolf fixes may partially address this issue, but there's no real "clean" solution other than to manually fix the layering in SimPE.

Twibil
Blathering Buffoon

I open at the close.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: 2007 March 23, 15:40:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PlantSims can breed like normal sims, if you want to go that route. I gave her another plant kid, another girl, and in the end I just stuck make-up on both her daughters, different on each. (Rose stays 'natural' in my game) I also only have Rose in the 'Plantsim' outfit, to help tell them apart. If you don't want them to be too un-plantlike, I think there are some green eyeshadows and green lipstick, for makeup...

Rose is currenlt pregnant with twins from Jason and has already had 2 babies by him.  It is easier to have her spawn plantbabies because they are generally maintenence free, but they all freaking look the same.  Are plantbaby spawn always the same gender as the parent?  I am thinking of having Jason abducted after he reaches the top of his career (almost there).  Green babies all around!

Thanks sagana, unfortunately I am not a member of N99.  I have applied several times and never gotten a respons.  I will try again though.

"The rumors that Peter Pan was a fairy are completely unsubstantiated; Not that there's anything wrong with that." - Pascal Curious

www.curiousstate.com
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: 2007 March 23, 16:38:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of four spawned Plantsims, I've gotten: Rose's daughter. Rose's husband's daughter. (Made him a plantsim too) And then those daughters had a daughter and a son respectively. So I think gender is as random as any birth.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2007 March 23, 16:46:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have an ezboard membership? You hafta  have that first and I always forget because I've had one for what feels like freakin' ever Smiley

Unsouper
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2007 March 23, 17:07:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BetsyJane: http://www.parsimonious.org/fashion2/lingerie/5.shtml

Parsimonious has a lot of stuff that would be good for plant sims besides that as well.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 23, 17:52:42 by neriana » Logged

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2007 March 23, 17:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the latest everything from maty and I still have troubles with my plant sims. I had the farmer guy (with kilt, MacSomething I beliece (Arhan in french) bought a community lot and set up a farm.
He hired Rose Greenman as an employee. She can tend the garden just fine (thanks to macrostatics/BRY) but she keeps complaining about her hunger (?) and her mood slowly goes in the red during the day, even if the talks to the plants (love at max), is watered by the sprinklers (water at max). Her Sun need does not move between her arrival and the moment I dismiss her because she drops everything, complaining of hunger and being in red mood....
Any idea ?

edit : I did not play her on her lot since adding back my hacks. I will do that later today and report back.

Am I the only one having this problem with plant sims as employee ??

here some screenshots to illustrate :

Even if her needs are almost maxed, her mood is red

it is a close up of the plant sim head (she's under an apple tree so I had to get really close) she is complaining about hunger....
Twibil
Blathering Buffoon

I open at the close.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: 2007 March 23, 17:31:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have an ezboard membership? You hafta  have that first and I always forget because I've had one for what feels like freakin' ever Smiley
I have had an ezboard membership for quite some time.  Every time I apply for membership to n99 I never get a response.   Meh.

Thanks for the parsimonious link Neriana, I will check it out.

www.curiousstate.com
AuKestrel
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ mother of an ENTP child. Halp!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2007 March 23, 21:07:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yesterday, while my Sim grilled some freshly caught fish on his indoor castle BBQ, I could hear a dog barking outside. The cat meowed, and then curled up for a nap. The fireplace glowed, and I could hear the rain outside. As my Sim sat down to eat, I realized I was content. No matter what things are like IRL, in this little world everything has finally "come together" and it is wonderful. It feels like Sims 2 is complete, now. Seasons did that, for me.

This is it exactly. Plus I can now have families that farm and fish exclusively and they don't *have* to work. And I am starting to want a homeschool hack because school interferes with all the fun stuff they can do even more than ever - fishing and gardening and turning blue and freezing. Okay, well, maybe not that last part, but you get the point.  Cheesy
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2007 March 24, 17:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooo, summer vacation!  No summer vacation from school in Seasons?  If not, this should go into the hacks-I'm-begging-for thread.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: 2007 March 24, 17:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooo, summer vacation!  No summer vacation from school in Seasons?  If not, this should go into the hacks-I'm-begging-for thread.

Wow, hadn't even thought of that, but yes it should!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: