More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 04:58:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Seasons: Plant sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seasons: Plant sims  (Read 54681 times)
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
Re: Seasons: Plant sims
« Reply #50 on: 2007 March 10, 02:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems like you could cure Daisy somehow and then let her transition to teenhood. (Is there no way to cure toddlers?) Then re-PlantSim her later, if desired.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2007 March 10, 03:46:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They have opened up a produce store since they have so much produce.

How do you sell the produce? Do you sell the items piece by piece or can you sell them in bulk?

I was wondering if produce can be placed on OFB shelves. Has anyone tried it?

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 March 10, 04:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a discussion of that on N99 and a picture of some produce shelves that look a bit better:

http://p218.ezboard.com/fstarlightsimsfrm51.showMessage?topicID=14061.topic

and this is where the shelves came from (in case you don't do N99 or ezboards) with a different pic:

http://www.pc-sims.com/smb/showthread.php?t=4655&highlight=vegetables

Hopefully that helps some.

Unsouper
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 March 10, 05:17:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like Plantsims pretty much as they are, though I haven't made one of my own yet (I'm working in getting Puck in Veronaville to plantify).  I think the lack of child and teen Plantsims actually makes sense from a game balance standpoint--if you park them under a sun lamp, they can train or perform just about any task indefinitely (provided they take occasional breaks to shower).  I've currently got Daisy Greenman working in the medical field, carrying on a romance, and still spending ~12 hours a day making robots.  If they had three more age groups in which to skill up, plus the career boost from graduating college, there'd be no reason to have anything but Plantsims in your neighborhood.

However, I wish they had more hairstyles than just the one.
Plant sims do seem extremely powerful, since they can be apparently sustained completely externally: A combination of snapdragons and sun lamps can keep them running indefinitely. Perhaps their lack of want slots is a balancing factor. They are even stronger than robots, which also are 4/1 limited, because robots must stop to recharge power, while plantsims do not.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2007 March 10, 16:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, sagana. I don't actually have Seasons yet, but factors like these will help me decide if I want to buy it.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 March 10, 16:50:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You probably do want it, I'd think - it's a really good EP. Kinda hard to explain why because I don't like plantsims, and the gardening doesn't work the way I want it to, and I'm not all that big on spending lots of time building snowmen or stuff (I'm sure I'll get bored with it quickly enough) and some people are having some pretty nasty bug-type things or problems, but just having the seasons available (some of my hoods won't have all of them) makes it... more... well, atmospheric.

Unsouper
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 March 10, 17:25:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plant sims do seem extremely powerful, since they can be apparently sustained completely externally: A combination of snapdragons and sun lamps can keep them running indefinitely. Perhaps their lack of want slots is a balancing factor. They are even stronger than robots, which also are 4/1 limited, because robots must stop to recharge power, while plantsims do not.

One noticable difference is though, that the plantsims age and die, unlike the robots....

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2007 March 10, 17:43:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You probably do want it, I'd think - it's a really good EP. Kinda hard to explain why because I don't like plantsims, and the gardening doesn't work the way I want it to, and I'm not all that big on spending lots of time building snowmen or stuff (I'm sure I'll get bored with it quickly enough) and some people are having some pretty nasty bug-type things or problems, but just having the seasons available (some of my hoods won't have all of them) makes it... more... well, atmospheric.

Yeah, I've pretty much decided that I want Seasons *eventually* but I'm waiting until more hacks, bugfixes, etc are available (and possibly a patch or two) before I take the plunge, so to speak. After all the problems I've experienced with Pets, I'm being very cautious now.

amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 March 10, 21:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't one of the people who was begging for weather. I didn't even know if I would like it. But, surprisingly, Seasons is my favorite expansion. It makes the game come alive. Things change, in a constant pattern of existence, the ebb and flow of life. You get immersed in a whole virtual environment, while you play. It seems so much more satisfying, relaxing, enjoyable.

Yesterday, while my Sim grilled some freshly caught fish on his indoor castle BBQ, I could hear a dog barking outside. The cat meowed, and then curled up for a nap. The fireplace glowed, and I could hear the rain outside. As my Sim sat down to eat, I realized I was content. No matter what things are like IRL, in this little world everything has finally "come together" and it is wonderful. It feels like Sims 2 is complete, now. Seasons did that, for me.

For every King, there is a Queen ....
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2007 March 10, 22:45:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... But, surprisingly, Seasons is my favorite expansion. It makes the game come alive. Things change, in a constant pattern of existence, the ebb and flow of life. You get immersed in a whole virtual environment, while you play. It seems so much more satisfying, relaxing, enjoyable.

I have found this to be exactly true. I've PLAYED the sims a lot more since getting Seasons than the previous 6 months probably. Usually I PLAY for about an hour, then build a house for 3 weeks, then play for an hour, etc. Since getting Seasons I've played one of the Maxis sims, MacGregor, almost to death (literally). His plantsim daughter is almost an elder. I've also started a new Legacy and played that over an entire "year."

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007 March 11, 07:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1) For those of you who have raised plant sim children outside of the Greenman family, did there seem to be any other screwiness involved with them, especially in terms of goals? What about when curing the plant spawn?

2) Since the plant children are born with pointy ears, it seems to be confirmed that they are not clones, but genetically related to an unknown "pollinator" NPC. Has anyone familiar with SimPE been able to isolate it? And what are its characteristics (other than pointy ears and ugly). It seems relevent as to whether it can ultimately be replaced by a hack with a more attractive pollinator NPC, as with the alien pollination technician.

3) What do you all think of the "Plants Love Me" behaviour? So far, I can't stand it, but it hasn't yet stomped any queues in my game and so far seems to be a harmless idle behavior, if annoying.

4) I agree about the atmosphere, so far I think I like this expansion as much or more than Nightlife. It HAS made the game much more relaxing and enjoyable, and the gameplay FEELS as though it has been much expanded, even though if you think about it the changes aren't that extensive. I really love the gardening and fishing, even if they are a little troublesome, and I can see how well this EP fits with OFB.

laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 March 11, 08:40:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2) Since the plant children are born with pointy ears, it seems to be confirmed that they are not clones, but genetically related to an unknown "pollinator" NPC. Has anyone familiar with SimPE been able to isolate it? And what are its characteristics (other than pointy ears and ugly). It seems relevent as to whether it can ultimately be replaced by a hack with a more attractive pollinator NPC, as with the alien pollination technician.

I'd love a replacement. Rose spawned another plant baby in my game, her face is long and narrow with very close-together eyes. Daisy looks fairly normal when she ages to adult, but the second baby looked weird. A more attractive "pollinator" NPC would be welcome.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 March 11, 09:49:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the latest everything from maty and I still have troubles with my plant sims. I had the farmer guy (with kilt, MacSomething I beliece (Arhan in french) bought a community lot and set up a farm.
He hired Rose Greenman as an employee. She can tend the garden just fine (thanks to macrostatics/BRY) but she keeps complaining about her hunger (?) and her mood slowly goes in the red during the day, even if the talks to the plants (love at max), is watered by the sprinklers (water at max). Her Sun need does not move between her arrival and the moment I dismiss her because she drops everything, complaining of hunger and being in red mood....
Any idea ?

edit : I did not play her on her lot since adding back my hacks. I will do that later today and report back.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007 March 11, 17:06:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have much experience in SimPE outside of the basics, but there is an "ideal plantsim" NPC now in each of the neighborhood files and from his placeholder image he's pretty uggo. He has a long and narrow face and a long skinny nose. I would imagine that someone with the know-how would be able to create a replacement.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 March 11, 18:55:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The plant sims are normal when played on the home lot. I only have the problem when playing the owned community lot they work for. No errors, but they complain for motives they don't have and their mood is red even if the 3 motives are fully green.
The plant sim is a manager if that makes a difference.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007 March 12, 13:57:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a sim spawn a plantsim (not all that great-looking) have him grow up and spawn another plant-sim (fairly decent looking if I say so myself).
I cured them both and they are still not bad looking, although it seems that talking to regular sims about their plantsim experience seems to not impress other sims... Cheesy

INTJ
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2007 March 13, 15:54:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't one of the people who was begging for weather. I didn't even know if I would like it. But, surprisingly, Seasons is my favorite expansion. It makes the game come alive. Things change, in a constant pattern of existence, the ebb and flow of life. You get immersed in a whole virtual environment, while you play. It seems so much more satisfying, relaxing, enjoyable.

Yesterday, while my Sim grilled some freshly caught fish on his indoor castle BBQ, I could hear a dog barking outside. The cat meowed, and then curled up for a nap. The fireplace glowed, and I could hear the rain outside. As my Sim sat down to eat, I realized I was content. No matter what things are like IRL, in this little world everything has finally "come together" and it is wonderful. It feels like Sims 2 is complete, now. Seasons did that, for me.

OMG! That's just beautiful..... *sobs*

Wink

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007 March 13, 17:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who's promoting my mod? Oh, there...

Yep, my mod has been promoted on this site. Now get to downloading it! (I uploaded it BEFORE the uploads were turned off. It's the first seasons required download on the site. Maybe the first seasons required download on the interweb...)
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007 March 13, 17:58:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who's promoting my mod? Oh, there...

Yep, my mod has been promoted on this site. Now get to downloading it! (I uploaded it BEFORE the uploads were turned off. It's the first seasons required download on the site. Maybe the first seasons required download on the interweb...)

I think there is a difference between mentioning that something exists and "promoting" it. Get over yourself.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007 March 15, 10:51:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I tried without any hacks, and I still have trouble with the plant sims when they are employed on an owned community lot. Their sun need does not decay, does not go up when outside in the sun. The love and water needs seem to work ok, but the plant sim employee will complain about needs she does not have (hunger, comfort, bladder and energy). Her mood goes in the red while the 3 needs are green.
could someone more awesome than me look into this problem, that seems to be a maxis problem (bad compatibility between plant sims and OFB ?)
I have all EP and SP.
Thanks,
Pioupiou.
Joshre
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2007 March 16, 21:28:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Playing Uni is long and boring, even with TJ's adjuster to speed things along. I can make them do all they need to get an A+ in 1 day, why suffer through 3 days each for 8 semesters? Honestly, if it weren't for the objects, I'd have uninstalled Uni long ago. I do like the extra want slots and locks, though, so I upgrade them. Games are supposed to be FUN, after all.  Wink Uni is just a chore.
I think Uni is fun because I like harrasing the dormies and make them ugly with christianlov's clothing rack. Tongue Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2007 March 18, 09:45:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is there anyway that there would be a replacement for the sim that makes the plant sims via spawn baby as having digging up in one of the neighborhoods (with simPE QA version)
I don't like this spork like plant sim and maxis/EA nicked named it the IDEAL plant sim

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2007 March 18, 09:48:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is there anyway that there would be a replacement for the sim that makes the plant sims via spawn baby as having digging up in one of the neighborhoods (with simPE QA version)
I don't like this spork like plant sim and maxis/EA nicked named it the IDEAL plant sim

I wonder if it can be done like the default alien replacements? I have a replacement pollination technician.
bubbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2007 March 18, 16:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not all plant sims have pointed ears.  I have some with normal ears also.  It seems to be a chance thing to get the pointed ears. 

I would love to see some other plant sim outfits.  It is hard to tell them apart when you have a group of them.  I know you can change their outfit, but it reverts back to the plant sim outfit after getting their water refreshed.

I am a nobody; nobody is perfect, and therefore I am perfect.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2007 March 19, 19:43:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had that happen. By change their outfit, do you mean you just changed them out of everyday in swimwear or something? In which case, they would go back to everyday after taking a shower.

I have had no trouble changing the everyday outfit for my plant sims to something else, and it has not reverted.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: