More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 08:43:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Seasons: Plant sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seasons: Plant sims  (Read 54720 times)
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
Re: Seasons: Plant sims
« Reply #100 on: 2007 March 24, 18:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but then some kids would barely go to school at all.  I prefer having them out of the house for the day.  It's bad enough they're home at the weekend.

Edit:
In fact, just doing some sums: without modding anything (like age lengths and season lengths)-

If you have
1. a toddler age-transition on a Friday evening
2. summer starts (for 5 days) on the Monday
3. child therefore has summer vacation starting Monday
4. autumn will arrive the following Saturday when the child is not at school
5. the child will have aged to teen on the Friday anyway

Which means the sim will never go to school as a child.  In fact, any child who aged to child at the weekend would not go to school as a child with a summer vacation mod providing the summer started on the Monday.  I'd guess you wouldn't be able to give them just a few days off during summer unless you maybe used the coding which allows snow days?
« Last Edit: 2007 March 24, 18:51:53 by maxon » Logged

Inteen for AL, yay!
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: 2007 March 24, 18:46:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a question, can NPCs become PlantSims? I noticed my gardener spraying my plants... Should I fire and stop hiring gardeners, or can they spray without consequence?

Also, can Servos become PlantSims, and is this a BadThing?

amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2007 March 24, 18:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not just pop in a "no school anytime" mod, and pretend you are homeschooling. It would work for summer vacation, also, but might be a hastle to have to restart (after taking it out and putting it back in, seasonally).

The mod I have is from Carrigon, who is now over at Simlogical (Inge's revived site), but you have to register to see her stuff, otherwise she's invisible. Carrigon's no school mod for Pets is officially verified as working in Seasons.

I agree it would be nice to have a mod that automatically excused the kids for the summer, but I don't know how that could be implemented. I'm not sure it would be possible to season-link it. (And some people think summer vacation is unnecessary coddling of children -- at least those who are no longer required to go out into the field to work on crops from dawn to dusk, which is why schools used to be closed for the summer.)

For every King, there is a Queen ....
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2007 March 24, 19:00:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to mention then you have those accursed little monsters running around underfoot, and I'm like, "Shouldn't you be in school?"

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: 2007 March 24, 19:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but then some kids would barely go to school at all.  I prefer having them out of the house for the day.  It's bad enough they're home at the weekend.

Edit:
In fact, just doing some sums: without modding anything (like age lengths and season lengths)-

If you have
1. a toddler age-transition on a Friday evening
2. summer starts (for 5 days) on the Monday
3. child therefore has summer vacation starting Monday
4. autumn will arrive the following Saturday when the child is not at school
5. the child will have aged to teen on the Friday anyway

Which means the sim will never go to school as a child.  In fact, any child who aged to child at the weekend would not go to school as a child with a summer vacation mod providing the summer started on the Monday.  I'd guess you wouldn't be able to give them just a few days off during summer unless you maybe used the coding which allows snow days?

Hmm, I see your point.  Would it perhaps be possible to have a mod that would give them say, one weekday off in the middle of the summer?  Or of each season, for that matter--that way you'd also have Spring break, Christmas vacation and, I dunno, Halloween or something.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2007 March 24, 19:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, pretty much all toddlers transition on a Friday evening in my game, simply because this is the optimal time. You get the weekend to hammer skills. And frankly, by the time they max out well before the weekend ends, I'd much rather send them to school because there's not much else to do! Begone, imps!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2007 March 24, 19:19:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I see your point.  Would it perhaps be possible to have a mod that would give them say, one weekday off in the middle of the summer?  Or of each season, for that matter--that way you'd also have Spring break, Christmas vacation and, I dunno, Halloween or something.

As I said, it seems to me the most promising thing would be the coding that allows for snow days, though you'd want to fix it so they definately got the day off - one per season might be fun.

Inteen for AL, yay!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2007 March 24, 21:11:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a question, can NPCs become PlantSims? I noticed my gardener spraying my plants... Should I fire and stop hiring gardeners, or can they spray without consequence?
Yes, they can. Do you care? Are gardeners good for anything else? I didn't think so.

Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: 2007 March 25, 21:27:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, they can. Do you care? Are gardeners good for anything else? I didn't think so.

So it won't break my game, or anything? Alright then. Glad I don't have to stop hiring gardeners. Smiley

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2007 March 26, 22:56:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That business lot problem with the plant sim is weird. Has anyone else been able to replicate it? I don't have OFB installed at the moment so I can't test this personally, but I wonder if this is only one person, or a problem for everyone?

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2007 March 26, 23:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same plant person worker problem when one of my lots hired Rose Sim. :-/ I can't remember if I tried a maxmotives to fix it or just sent her home, though.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2007 March 27, 01:47:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe someone should spawn a plantsim kid, age it artifically, and send it to work to test whether it is all plantsims or just Rose that causes a problem.

For every King, there is a Queen ....
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2007 March 27, 06:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems the latest pets patch released on sunday fixes an issue that plantsims had with vampirism. Mostly their face texture did not change... and I heard it also fixed issues of some custom skintones (or regular skintones) with the curse of being a werewolf and their face did not change...

Anyways I did make a plantsim toddler and aged it artifically, and sent it to a business to work by hiring them. I got the issue of them being hungry and refusing to work... later I'll 'artifically' make a adult a plant (by using boolprop on plants to spawn insane amounts of bugs) to see if the same thing occurs.
ThePolygotNerd
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2007 March 27, 13:13:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it normal that my adult plantsim has no LTW?

I looked earlier in the thread, and couldn't find an answer.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2007 March 27, 22:00:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not normal, Mine has one.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2007 March 27, 23:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had sims not roll up a new LTW after satisfying a LTW.  Has your plantsim already satisfied a LTW?

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2007 March 28, 00:08:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it normal that my adult plantsim has no LTW?
There's a minor bug which causes freshly-aged sims not to have an LTW until their next want reroll. Sims may also have locked themselves out of all possible LTWs by doing them already or otherwise being ineligible, but your case is probably the former.

ThePolygotNerd
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2007 March 28, 09:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She's newly grown, so I'll try re-rolling her wants.  Thanks
selzi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: 2007 June 11, 10:26:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone seen the Ideal Plantsim wandering around his/her lot? A friend of mine took this picture when she noticed that strange guy appearing on her lot:

In the picture he looks human, but when he steps into the sunlight he turns green and looks like the Plantsim he's supposed to be.

Is this a bug or a feature? She swears she hasn't been messing around with cheats ... Cool
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2007 June 11, 18:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's weird, selzi. Could you possibly get a screenshot of him in the sunlight?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2007 June 11, 19:03:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no interest in Plant sims til they have cc default eyes and skin. I hear lipstick won't work on them either. I got jfade's hack to prevent the Maxis horror.
That seems to be a layering issue, which vampwerefixes should fix by lowering the plantskin down to the lowest level.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: