More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:14:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  "Offer lessons to.... fountain"?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "Offer lessons to.... fountain"?  (Read 4647 times)
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
"Offer lessons to.... fountain"?
« on: 2007 March 03, 03:18:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, this has been showing up for me I think since Uni but I'm finally sick of it. Fountains, among other things, are apparently asking townies to tutor them.
At first, I noticed (on a Uni library lot, long ago) that my student sim had the option to Prank or.. Offer Lessons To the fountain she was standing near. When I clicked on Offer Lessons, either nothing happened or I got an error report and hit reset, I don't remember.
I didn't think anything of it and in fact until recently I completely forgot about it.

Suddenly.. I'm getting errors on townies left and right when I send my sims to certain downtown OR main 'hood community/business lots. I started stalking one townie in particular after the fifth error in as many minutes, and found her approaching the fountain just before erroring out and needing to be reset. Within minutes, I had six townies attempting this with two fountains on the lot.
I don't have ANY custom fountains anymore and I'm pretty sure I didn't have any when I first installed Uni (first experience, above) and I can't seem to find the file that's causing this to happen.

So.. did I bork something or is it the Wonder of Maxis EA?

So far I have Base Holiday Edition, University, Nightlife, Glamour Life Stuffs, OFB, and Pets*.
I plan to get Seasons in just a couple days, but I'd like to figure out this problem before compounding it with more possible EA "magic".

*unpatched ATM.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: "Offer lessons to.... fountain"?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 03, 03:32:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you should post the log file of one of those errors. Some hack is making your game confuse fountains with career rewards, I think.

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 03, 03:34:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're going to hate this.. but..

How exactly does a person who needed RAM/Processor/Harddrive explained in terms of Library/Books/Turning Pages go about getting an error log..? lol
I've never done it and never understood how you get them.

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 03, 03:36:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know how hacks go into the "Downloads" folder?

Your logs are in the "Logs" folder of the same parent folder as Downloads. Just look for a recent ObjectError file.

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 03, 03:42:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahah! Thank you!

I'm pretty sure I got the right one (one of them anyway) as it's dated today and I got a shysterload of them an hour or so ago.

[attachment deleted by admin]

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 03, 04:01:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That particular error tells me that either something is overriding the PaintingGlobals or is replacing the Fountain_College. Need to track down whatever it is.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 03, 08:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's probably something in your Downloads folder, or maybe the saved sims folder, but your game can see CC almost anywhere in that sims 2 folder - I found CC in my packaged lots folder a while back that had been showing up in game.  Cleaninstaller will highlight hacks for you so old hacks in an odd place are the first thing to check for.

Here's the MTS2 help thread on missing CC
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=70113
They recommend taking out all downloads, checking if the problem has gone and then putting downloads back a few at a time. 
Pescado points out that binary search is more efficient.

If you've had the problem since base game it's going to be one of the older items, so use that info to choose which files to move around.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 03, 14:17:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, thanks for the help guys. I don't know if it ever happened in Base, I'd never clicked on a fountain before Uni was installed and since it was my first day playing after that install, I had assumed it was something to do with that.
I'm wondering about the paintings because any time I send a sim to "Vew.." paintings, whether CC, recolor, custom painting, still life, etc. they always error out and get tossed away from it. Statues work just fine but for some reason, paintings don't.

I've been organizing my folders and I use Clean Installer to root through and make sure all my hacks are in their proper folders, but I've only ever searched Downloads & subs. Never thought to search the other folders.

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 03, 14:39:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There weren't any fountains in the base game. We got them in Uni and got more in NL.

Fail.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: