More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 11:47:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Ottomas family in Seasons - normal brokenness and more brokenness
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ottomas family in Seasons - normal brokenness and more brokenness  (Read 65724 times)
slurpeefiend
Feckless Fool

get a head of the competition...

View Profile
Re: Ottomas family in Seasons - normal brokenness and more brokenness
« Reply #50 on: 2007 March 08, 14:32:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be interesting to see what kind of abomination you'd get by breeding these two with the therapist.

Why oh why didn't I take the red pill?
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2007 March 08, 14:34:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's that "winning" smile that's really evil.  I've got one with a huge jaw and I think she's got an even bigger mouth...  Poor girl takes after her Dad - there's a reason he wears a full beard!  I never meant to let him breed, but the mum's family were desperate for grandchildren.  I put a picture on TSR  since I can't figure out enough html to insert a pic here. http://www.thesimsresource.com/screenshots/view.php?id=66272

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 March 08, 14:35:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. New levels of ugly.

I'm impressed.

Fail.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 March 08, 19:18:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank God that mine are boys--maybe they will look more normal.  If not,they will get plastic surgery.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 March 08, 20:51:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine had the father of a dog...scary really.  I love the family but since they have already been born what should I do?

Put them back into the bin and delete them?

Only if you want to blow up your neighborhood.
Did you read the suggestions above?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
KnowitallSim
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Ottomas family
« Reply #55 on: 2007 March 08, 21:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, I recently installed Seasons and I let the Ottomas family have twins in Riverblossom Hills.

The problem is that the mother was Patricia Wan...so I had the twins get taken away by the social worker and adopted by someone else to remove them from the Ottomas and Wan family trees.

So my question with this is...is my Riverblossom Hills still going to be messed up or did removing the twins from the family trees fix the glitch?

Also, I accidently moved the Ottomas family into a house in Veronaville...if I kill the pregnant woman before she gives birth, will my neighborhood be glitch free?
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 March 08, 21:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did but I don't really understand it...I'm not going to download SimPE.  Plus, the babies have already been born...

The key was that with SimPE or InSim, it doesn't matter if the kids have been born.

Also, I accidently moved the Ottomas family into a house in Veronaville...if I kill the pregnant woman before she gives birth, will my neighborhood be glitch free?

No.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
MsHacksalot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 March 09, 03:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ended up killing the entire Ottomas family as soon as I placed them on an empty lot Samantha being the first to die while pregnant . Was this okay to do this or will my neighborhood still be borked? If so what in the world can I do to save my custom neighborhood? Help please!
 Embarrassed
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2007 March 09, 08:13:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless I've really misunderstood somethiing & please correct me if I'm wrong - the only borked things are the family tree and genetics of the kids.  They don't affect anything else in the hood - the hood is not ruined/spoiled/borked/whatever. EDIT And this kind of data problem in one hood, doesn't have any effect on any other hood.  Neighborhoods are completely separate.

It's not that big a deal having a messed up family tree - just live with it if you don't want to fix it with the tools available.  It's probably unwise to let the kids breed later on if you have a dog in the family tree, but otherwise just live with their non-family genetic make up.   If you aren't going to fix them with SimPE/Insim, then leave them alone.  Messing about trying to fix things when you don't know what you are doing usually causes a bigger mess than you had in the first place.  Messing about when you think you know what you are doing, can be even more dangerous!  We all learn that the hard way.  You can kill them if you want, but don't delete them in the lot bin.  Deleting Sims is not simple and doing it badly causes the sort of mess that gives toddlers woohoo wants.  Just don't do it unless you are prepared to learn more than you ever wanted to know about SimPE and game data.

Where does one find the lot debugger?

Should be in the directors cut for the seasons.  You should read the FAQs at the top of the forum
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7437.0.html
You DL the whole lot and pick out the one(s) you want - I think it's ffslotdebugger

Thank God that mine are boys--maybe they will look more normal.  If not,they will get plastic surgery.
The full  beard is a lot less effort than plastic surgery!
« Last Edit: 2007 March 09, 08:43:35 by cwykes » Logged

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 March 09, 09:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I let mine be born. I did fix their family ties with SimPe, but otherwise, I don't really care. I only did that because it always bothers me when kids who are only born from one adult in the house act as if the other adult isn't even there, and vice versa.  Breeding sims with dog DNA might make some odd things happen (ROFL, too bad mine were "fathered" by Patricia Wang, because I'd love to see that!  Cheesy I wouldn't mind possibly having to reset the neighborhood if THAT made it explode, just to let them breed and see the results  Wink ) but otherwise, this won't have any affect on the neighborhood. Just calm down and play.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
missangelica
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007 March 11, 16:12:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I aged the sim up to elder to abort the pregnancy then back down to adult.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 March 11, 18:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just zorched the whole famn damily out of the Sim Bin. Never played them. They never had a lot or house.

Problem solved?

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 March 11, 23:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not really.  You've got a lot of stray junk in your 'hood files now.

Better to get SaraMK's empty template which keeps them from getting created in the first place.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007 March 12, 00:01:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not really.  You've got a lot of stray junk in your 'hood files now.

Oh YEY. *sigh*

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 March 12, 01:46:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really care. I only did that because it always bothers me when kids who are only born from one adult in the house act as if the other adult isn't even there, and vice versa.

Mine get generic "be snuggled" wants to account for the other parent if they dont' live with both. If neither is the parent, they'll spawn wants for a relative if there is one (if they're living with an uncle, for example) or normal ones like they'd been adopted if they don't live with any relatives. I have a lot of children that don't live with their parents. My sims have some... issues <lol>

The empty templates don't help if you already have a populated hood and save it for the new EP. It was my understanding you didn't get (too much?) junk if you deleted from the simbin immediately and they had no memories and whatnot? I don't really want them, they're an ugly family, but might place them and make them townies and ignore them if deleting them out of the bin isn't an option (I'm simPE phobic).

Unsouper
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007 March 12, 11:38:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really care. I only did that because it always bothers me when kids who are only born from one adult in the house act as if the other adult isn't even there, and vice versa.
Are you kidding? This is GREAT! Kids which only recognize one parent don't have annoying wants pertaining to those other people and instead want skillpoints and less poking and prodding.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 2007 March 13, 13:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

........ It was my understanding you didn't get (too much?) junk if you deleted from the simbin immediately and they had no memories and whatnot? I don't really want them, they're an ugly family, but might place them and make them townies and ignore them if deleting them out of the bin isn't an option (I'm simPE phobic).
Thing is, whatever junk there is relating to them is now pointing at nothing which is a VBT even if it is a very small VBT.  I'm not sure when the SWAF file (wants and fears) gets created, but if there is one it needs to be deleted in SimPE or it'll mess up the next sim using that character number.  That's how toddlers get adult wants.

ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007 March 13, 18:19:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's an easy solution, people:

If you don't want to play them, don't.
Leave them in the simbin forever if you don't want to or can't follow the deleting procedures that were mentioned by JM and other awesome people.
Deleting them in any other manner is not good.

ksptobr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007 March 16, 14:39:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question:  doesn't Theos sims deleter plugin resolve the issue? Huh (i do not know if it's working in simpe QA version)
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007 March 16, 15:07:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's an easy solution, people:

Leave them in the simbin forever if you don't want to or can't follow the deleting procedures that were mentioned by JM and other awesome people.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Seasons, removed 0001, ignored Riverblossom, 0002 and 0003 completely, let the game restore those hoods, put the DNA fix files in, and the Ottomas family, etc. are back to default Maxis settings and the Ottomases are still in the SimBin. As for 0002 and 0003, haven't messed with them since. If / when I ever play the borked family, I'll zorch the pregnancy per thread suggestions. Should that resolve the issue?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2007 March 17, 10:07:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim-bin sims have been known to "escape". This is not entirely reliable to keep them contained. You DO have to address the issue of fixing them sooner or later, or they will cause damage at some point.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2007 March 18, 14:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They go walkabout! which would be kinda fun if it didn't drive you insane with ooky sims.

Also I'd actually like more info on the question about when SWAF are generated. If later, it would be safe to delete a completely brandnew/no memory sim from the bin. And also, I think it's kinda funny when toddlers get adult wants, so I'm not too sure I care about that either, unless it leads to a real BFBVFS.

(JM occasionally seems to get all excited and holler 'borked game' and stuff and people take that to mean their game will die when it's really just something like 'the genetics of the poor little darlings are not exactly as intended' as in this case. Having Patricia Wan set as the father isn't going to blow up the neighborhood.)

Though I'd like to know how it works, I actually solved the problem for myself by using the empty templates so these abominations never ended up in my bin at all (and Pets as well - tho for some odd reason the Katz family survived the purge :p). At the time I asked, I'd thought you had to use the empties before creating a hood - silly of me, you can put the new one in anytime before playing the hood after installing.

Unsouper
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2007 March 18, 22:07:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(JM occasionally seems to get all excited and holler 'borked game' and stuff and people take that to mean their game will die when it's really just something like 'the genetics of the poor little darlings are not exactly as intended' as in this case. Having Patricia Wan set as the father isn't going to blow up the neighborhood.)
That depends on how much damage you're willing to accept. I consider any such data corruption to be unacceptable.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2007 March 19, 01:54:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well as I found them ugly and boring little things, no matter who was their father (and the rest of the family, worse), I wasn't willing to accept them at all. But it'd take a great deal more than two ugly and wrong-fathered/born on the wrong side of the blanket kiddos to convince me to delete a neighborhood I cared about.

People take you very seriously.

Unsouper
LIUBluejeans
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2007 March 19, 02:55:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I had known THIS was going to happen:

Instead of going through all the hassel of aborting the brats and then re-impregnating the mom, I may have planned a nice family tragedy as an alternative...lol!  These are two of the most butt-ugly toddlers I've ever seen. Actually almost worse than Malcolm Landgrabb's spawn!  One transitioned bald and the other with the almost bald hairstyle. Giving them some hair didn't help a whole bunch.  Shocked

I'm sorry...but I don't understand why you folks are so worked up over these FUGLY PEOPLE!!!  Did you LOOK at the parents?  These poor ugly babies is exactly what I would expect.  I've never taken this horrible family out of the bin and I think now, after reading all this, I'll most likely kill them.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 19, 03:05:00 by LIUBluejeans » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: