More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 19:38:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Odd things I noticed about Seasons
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Odd things I noticed about Seasons  (Read 129226 times)
withacy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Odd things I noticed about Seasons
« Reply #150 on: 2007 March 07, 03:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that means your portal is bugged.

Sorry - dummy here.  What does that mean?   Huh   Cry
MyPrecious
Blathering Buffoon

"And we don't want any of that nonsense, do we?"

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2007 March 07, 04:52:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a good one, I played one house from spring to winter and it snowed…then spring came around and the snow stayed, never mind I thought it will go…then summer came and it was still there-sigh…

All I can think of is that I moved the people in and out of the house while there was snow. I could find no way to remove it, the Sims did not seem to notice anything was wrong, it rained and still the snow stayed! It was cute to see my Scottie dogs up to their eyes in snow but not all through the summer. I even tried the weather machine but it only changed part of the landscape, just the trees at the back of the garden. All the fruit trees remained deep in snow.

In the end I removed the whole neighbourhood and pasted the original one back in that I had saved before I installed Seasons. So far so good but its only summer?  Undecided

(On a side note I would give anything to have my heap of "No autonomous anything" hacks, it's made me really appreciate the work the modders do. And thank you to everyone here for all the tips and knowledge shared.)

A definition of loafing is; when you can't be bothered to open the curtains so you click the Glastonbury festival web cam to check the weather…

O môr henion i dhû:
kimmyfrmtx
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2007 March 07, 05:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Magwitch & Kimmy, do you guys have the 'No Instant Love' mod by JM?  If so that's probably why it's so difficult to move their relationships along, as you can tell by the name.

if it was in the directors cut for season I have it. I will check on it tonight when I get back to my computer. Thanks for the info.

STFU already NoobTard, you are disturbing my lurking.

Then and than are different words with different meanings; look up the correct usage.  I am running out of furniture polish.  [slams head on desk]
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2007 March 07, 05:56:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Magwitch & Kimmy, do you guys have the 'No Instant Love' mod by JM?  If so that's probably why it's so difficult to move their relationships along, as you can tell by the name.

I do have that hack, but had removed it before posting here and it didn't make any difference. Anyway, no matter. I played that sim last night, invited the girlfriend over and - bam!- instant crush and love all at once. It's weird that it took so long. At least the poor guy's getting some now.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2007 March 07, 06:02:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been getting an error when lightning hits the ivy trellis you buy under trees (not the new trellis/plant objects) when it tries to catch fire. It seems the game can't spawn the fire correctly for it.

ETA:

This MUST be a bug. It does not make sense that servos are in danger of water damage and running amok while cleaning a shower that is not even on, yet they can go outside and throw water balloons at each other in the rain without a hitch. If it isn't a bug, it should be considered one.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 07, 06:35:28 by Nec » Logged
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2007 March 07, 06:39:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This one isn't a bug, but I thought it was interesting:  I put a roller skating rink in the yard of one of my houses and sent a kid out to skate.  He was out there for hours, but I didn't think anything of it until a message popped up indicating that the kid was getting too hot, and if I didn't cool him down, I might get a visit from the social worker.  So can we gather from this that exercise causes Sims' body temperature to go up?  It was springtime on this lot when it happened, so I wasn't expecting any heat-related problems.

Making out seems to, as well. I was playing with a married sim couple, and I noticed it sent the thermometer into the red. Hehehe.
Omg! I have got to see if I can kill a couple with woohoo exaustion!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2007 March 07, 06:49:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could do that before Seasons, especially if you got them woohooing in a hot tub over and over.  They'd die of hunger before getting smart enough to go eat. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2007 March 07, 06:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having the same problem, apparently because I made the silly mistake of thinking Prima was right about only needing 3X the amount. I'd been blaming it on an un-updated hack, and had taken it out last night, but hadn't gotten back in yet to test it. But with enough fruit stocked, I get the serve option now, even with it back in . Am I the only one who thinks needing 36 pieces of fruit for 6 glasses is a bit excessive?  Roll Eyes
Meh, I've made juice. Seems about right. In cooking it could takes a lemon for a tablespoon of juice. That's a lot of lemons for some lemonade.

Yeah, jsalemi but heatstroke seems more real and we know that the Sims series is all about portraying reality as accurately as possible.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 07, 07:00:39 by sara_dippity » Logged

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2007 March 07, 09:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, jsalemi but heatstroke seems more real and we know that the Sims series is all about portraying reality as accurately as possible.

Maybe if they had a heart attack during woohoo... Smiley

On a separate note, did anyone with a servo notice that Seasons changed the animation for the servo recharging?  It's not a shaft of light coming out of the servo's middle anymore -- now it's a swirling light-show thing that surrounds the upper half of the servo.  Rather pretty.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2007 March 07, 12:01:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could do that before Seasons, especially if you got them woohooing in a hot tub over and over.  They'd die of hunger before getting smart enough to go eat. Smiley

I killed Don Lothario that way once.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2007 March 07, 13:44:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I killed a professor at Uni that way once.  My sim went to get something to eat, but he got stuck somehow, and the next thing I knew, the Grim Reaper was there.  Unfortunately, the game spawned another ugly professor to take his place.  Tongue
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: 2007 March 08, 14:06:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that means your portal is bugged.

Sorry - dummy here.  What does that mean?   Huh   Cry
Search is your friend on this board. Please use it before you ask.  Smiley
Portals are how sims enter and leave the lots.  If one isn't there it's a major problem.  Get Crammyboy's monitor from MTS2 and take it from there.  From my handy notepad file......

There are two causes of portal bugs that I know of.  Crammyboy is the expert.  The first goes back to base game and happened when you cancelled a "read to kid" interraction at the wrong moment.  It was fixed in the NL/Uni patch.  The second was juggling which caused something to be deleted at random, so a portal got deleted occasionally. Juggling became a problem in NL and was fixed in the NL patch.  If the portal that allowed NPCs to leave the lot was deleted, they didn't leave.  Hence the build up of gardeners, maids etc.  Crammyboy's portal monitor tells you if a portal has been deleted so you can quit without saving.  If you have a lot with a missing portal, you either move the family out and bulldoze or replace the portal with Erzengel's fix.  You can get rid of a build up of NPCs on a lot with Inge's teleporter shrub (Tasters choice), Merola's mirror or Pescado's lotdebugger.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=83684  ..prevention and detection by Crammyboy
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=79045  .. fixing missing portals by Erzengel

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Sweethrtcc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2007 March 09, 03:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only oddities I've noticed so far are the excessing bathing/showering and the excessing water-balloon pranking.  I'm playing autumn but I thought water-balloons were supposed to be a summer thing.  I also don't have the "Try On" option in community lot clothing racks and no "Outerwear" option but I'm going through my hacks right now to see which one could be the cause of that particular problem.  Oh, and the autonomous changing into outerwear when it's not cold outside. 

The excessive water balloon prank is annoying but I think it is a feature.  The bathing/showering is due to heat (I think).  Is their thermometer in the red?  Mine were all red all the time and I finally traced it to the InTeenimaor.  I removed that and everything is fine now as far as the bathing goes anyway.  I've noticed in a dorm I'm playing a couple of the girls (non-playable dormies) keep fighting each other and the cafeteria worker, slapping, shoving and actually fighting constantly.  I've never had that happen before.

I forgot I had inteenimator installed. I have removed mine and hope the next time I play it fixes my thermometer too. I am tired of all of them constantly trying to take a shower or bath.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 09, 04:10:28 by Sweethrtcc » Logged
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2007 March 09, 04:24:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

has anybody else had leftovers disappear when you try to remove them from the fridge, or is it just me?
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2007 March 09, 04:31:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

has anybody else had leftovers disappear when you try to remove them from the fridge, or is it just me?

I'm having a hard time thinking clearly at the moment (migraine) but I thought leftover problems are due to a CC fridge. Could that be the cause of your problem?
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2007 March 09, 04:49:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

um..I don't think I have any CC fridges, no.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: 2007 March 09, 08:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

um..I don't think I have any CC fridges, no.
... if you aren't absolutely sure, go check that out first.   Smiley
Does it happen with one fridge or all fridges?  Everywhere or just in one house?  All kinds of food, or just one kind?  That's the kind of info that helps pinpoint the problem.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2007 March 09, 05:05:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anytime I tried to use a custom fridge, I could put leftovers in the fridge, but I couldn't take them out.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: 2007 March 09, 07:14:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Board friends have had problems with these things in the Seasons ...  Any experience to share or suggestions?

Has anyone had a problem with the wedding arch? 

Has anyone moved a lot into the lotbin and placed it in another hood?  A boardfriend did that with a riverblossom lot in winter with snow on the ground.  going into the lot, the season meter says it is summer and the plants agree, however the snow is still on the ground and the sims are overheating making snowmen and having snowball fights.  She can't see neighbouring houses from that lot either - but can from other lots in the hood.    Is this a one-off or a general problem?

Is the penguin supposed to have a negative effect on needs bars for most sims?

Has anyone had a problem with visiting kids not going home? 
"last night one of my Sim kids brought a friend home from school and the friend went swimming, played Marco Polo with my Sim kid, then didn't want to get out of the pool. At 5 a.m. the next morning, a school day, her mom would show up at the front door, ring the doorbell, and every time my Sim greeted her she'd say 'Look at the time..Bye' and leave without her kid. This kept going on until I had one of my adult Sims call over the kid in the pool and Shoo her away because she kept ignoring the goodbyes given to her. She eventually made it off the lot before the bus came." ........skoobykat

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2007 March 09, 07:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the penguin supposed to have a negative effect on needs bars for most sims?

Only thing my penguin did after showing up was pee on my Sims' feet.

I did see a doggie ghost on a lot last night, digging ghostie holes and making lots of ghostie pee as it made its rounds.

Just another EA irritation that was only noticed by me; certainly not by any Sims on the lot.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2007 March 09, 07:56:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone moved a lot into the lotbin and placed it in another hood?  A boardfriend did that with a riverblossom lot in winter with snow on the ground.  going into the lot, the season meter says it is summer and the plants agree, however the snow is still on the ground and the sims are overheating making snowmen and having snowball fights.  She can't see neighbouring houses from that lot either - but can from other lots in the hood.    Is this a one-off or a general problem?
Moving houses into the lot bin and placing them in another hood is generally considered a VBT, and is the leading cause of BFBVFS.  Pes says NEVER to do this.  This was way back before any EPs, so I'm not surprised that your friend is having problems with this.  Sorry.  Sad
gjam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2007 March 09, 08:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moving houses into the lot bin and placing them in another hood is generally considered a VBT, and is the leading cause of BFBVFS. 

I thought it was only a VBT if the house had sims in it?  Does it apply to vacant houses too?

Now playing: UNI, NL, OFB, & Pets
Jfederated
Asinine Airhead

Necessity is the mother of all eyesores.

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2007 March 09, 08:26:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never got Pets, so I didn't have CC related issues there, but Seasons is the only EP (I have Uni/NL/OFB/Seasons - no stuff packs) that's ever given me any CC problems.  I left it all in there when I installed, 'cause, y'know, I live on the edge.   Roll Eyes

I've had it twice now, stuck sims, jumping out of or dropping actions.  First time, I turned on testingcheats and got error after error, all to do w/sims on the lot.  Checked the logs and saw all but one mentioned the 'tiered garden fountain' (Holey Pots fountain that came w/Seasons).  Deleted that from the lot and all was well.

Second time, different lot.  Deleted all my custom fountains, since it was a water feature the first time, but the problem persisted.  It was the Season's water spray thingie you place in ponds.  All fine once I deleted that.

I've got a CC folder of Amazonian proportions.  I'm going in with a machete.  And a weedwhacker.  And gasoline.  Looks like I'll have to take out some fridges too.

Forgotten MATY passwords:  3 and counting.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2007 March 09, 08:37:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moving houses into the lot bin and placing them in another hood is generally considered a VBT, and is the leading cause of BFBVFS. 

I thought it was only a VBT if the house had sims in it?  Does it apply to vacant houses too?
Yes, that's occupied lots.  Sorry, the way I read it I was thinking this was an occupied house.  Embarrassed
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2007 March 09, 08:55:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my vanilla game, the penguin caused no problem with needs (cute little thing, my sims enjoyed petting him and he talked to even half-built snowmen (I was afraid to let the sim get too cold building a snowman).

Also visiting kids went home fine at reasonable hours with the "hello I must be going" dialogue. They weren't in the swimming pool tho. I'll try that next time.

Unsouper
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: