More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:57:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Odd things I noticed about Seasons
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Odd things I noticed about Seasons  (Read 128103 times)
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: Odd things I noticed about Seasons
« Reply #75 on: 2007 March 02, 23:57:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had one of my playables eaten by a cowplant while visiting another lot.  I saved the game and went to her home lot.  To my surprise, there was no ghost-image of the dead Sim, no "So-and-so has died on another lot" message.  Everything else appeared normal, all her family members have memories of her dying, but I just thought it was strange.  That message has been in the game for a very long time.
NothingToSee
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2007 March 03, 01:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mr. T and Albert Einstein had a water balloon war yesterday.  It was actually quite entertaining, but I noticed some weird glitches in the animation. I noticed the sims 'flashing' from one spot to another just before they actually moved to a different spot. You have to watch very carefully for it.  (I was getting close up for a photo or I wouldn't have noticed it.)  Has anyone else noticed this?

My Kakashi and Iruka sims had a water balloon fight yesterday - and yes - I noticed that weird flashing thing too. I think I noticed it with the snowball fight as well, but i'm not sure on that one. (And I must admit that I find the idea of Mr. T and Albert Einstein having a water balloon fight very amusing)

As an aside:

*runs away*
« Last Edit: 2007 March 03, 01:24:56 by Atom_Bunny » Logged
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2007 March 03, 04:19:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the lone exception was with cep as usual that is broken

The CEP is not broken, you just need to reinstall it. It will work just like it did before Seasons, it just won't have the extra recolor options for Seasons objects yet. When correctly installed, it doesn't "break". Also, objects can blink blue for other reasons than a missing CEP, too.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2007 March 03, 04:33:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want one of those!!!  That is soooooo cute Smiley

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
withacy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2007 March 03, 04:47:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim time moves slower in this game.

Sorry I jumped in with this, even though I'd just played one family.  I moved the family, leaving behind all their stuff, and now they work fine.  It was really weird - the clock only moved forward one Sim minute every eight seconds.  But the garden acted like time was actually moving forward - it needed watering every couple of hours.

I haven't had any other problems - except I had to quit without saving last night because one of the kids got too cold building a snowman and passed out in the snow before I could get her inside - and I was afraid the social worker would come and take the kids away.  The Prima guide makes it sound like it takes quite awhile for them to get that cold - but it seemed to happen pretty fast.  For adults, it they're getting cold and you don't want to go through bringing them inside, just have them make out a little bit - that raises their temperature.

Plants (except for trees) will still grow and produce even in winter.  And trees will go through their production cycle up until winter.  Also, if you use enough of the ladybug houses, you never have to spray (you don't need them in the greenhouse, of course).  Finally, I also noticed that a greenhouse attached to the house has to have more than half it's walls be greenhouse walls.  I had two walls that were greenhouse walls, and only weeds grew.  Then I replaced a wall between the house and the greenhouse with a greehouse wall, and they started growing - go figure.  Actually, even though I haven't tried this, the Prima guide seems to say that it doesn't matter where a greenhouse is, if it has greenhouse walls.  It just has to be on the ground.  I want to try to have one in a basement...hmm.... Undecided

Something that happened that I'm assuming is intentional is the Garden Club lady came, and during her inspection she went up to a flamingo and said something to the effect of "Eww, this garbage you have laying around in your yard is disgusting."

According to the Prima guide, flamingos are considered one of the "messes".  I guess the folks at the Garden Club are snobs - go figure.   Cheesy
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: 2007 March 03, 06:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim time moves slower in this game.

Sorry I jumped in with this, even though I'd just played one family.  I moved the family, leaving behind all their stuff, and now they work fine.  It was really weird - the clock only moved forward one Sim minute every eight seconds.  But the garden acted like time was actually moving forward - it needed watering every couple of hours.

I have a board friend who thought time was moving slower as well, so it's not just you I think.  If this is buggy, I'd really like to know what the problem was.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2007 March 03, 06:58:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems slower to me, too -- two seconds for every sim minute, where it used to be around one second per minute.  I've seen it on three lots I've played so far, so it's not a borked lot thing.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2007 March 03, 07:02:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try No-Autonomous APO lock, then install Bathroom Uses You.

I find the constant showering really annoying, and the excessive drop in the hygiene need is ridiculous. I shower once in the morning and certainly I don't end up walking around in a cloud of green stink by 10pm at night after having done a normal days activites. I have just installed Bathroom Uses You to try and help stop them showering, but what is No-Autonomous APO lock? Is there a mod to slow down the decline of the hygiene need?
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: 2007 March 03, 08:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm in the Wan household, and I do not have an option to plan their everyday clothes. Anyone else seen this?

Edit to add: all of my food sparkles as well.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 03, 08:15:44 by JenW » Logged

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2007 March 03, 09:10:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have Squinge's updated PRegnant Sims Wear Everyday hack, JenW?  If so, that is what is causing the problem?
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: 2007 March 03, 09:19:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do, but I updated to the Seasons version. I guess that doesn't mean it's not the problem though Tongue

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2007 March 03, 09:22:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few people are reporting it's a problem with the updated version.

Re: sparkling food - did you stock the fridge with homegrown produce?

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: 2007 March 03, 09:28:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah k, I'll pull it and see if that helps.

No homegrown produce, I'm getting it with Riverblossom unplayed lots, both the Wan and the McGreggor.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2007 March 03, 10:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen the sparkling food in pretty much every existing Strangetown lot I've played.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: 2007 March 03, 10:32:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squinge's hack did indeed turn out to be the culprit. Thanks nikita and gynarchy Smiley

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2007 March 03, 11:03:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a question. Did sims never swarm when a pet dies? Because they're not doing it now.

This dog's master's not even crying, and I'm pissy about it.
Mendota
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2007 March 03, 11:09:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed Seasons  after backing up my game.I was stunned to discover all my favorite fixes and hacks still work in game. they usually break immediately. the lone exception was with cep as usual that is broken. since Pleasant view is my favorite neighborhood and the  one I play exclusively I didn't want to lose my families so I added seasons rather than starting fresh.SimPe of course doesn't recognize the new Maxis hood.
     So the only apparent updates needed on my Programs are  CEP and Sim Pe. with SimPe it works with all the original neighborhoods and sims just the new hood needs to be added and weather related items and clothing,objects.so that was a pleasant surprise. with Pets SimPe was hopelessly broken. CEP breaks all the time anyway even when it is updated I have issues with flashing "blue" objects    

Hum, that is quite odd. I have never had trouble with CEP.  And there is no trouble this time either. I wonder if perhaps you might have some garbage objects and  unwanted duplicates.  Garbage objects resulted from installing houses without Clean installer and the game would then generate one of those long long non discriptive filenames.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2007 March 03, 11:09:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, I can't say I miss that. The crying and whining is annoying. Pets are sent to the afterlife with the howl of death. All that crying and whining is immensely disrespectful.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2007 March 03, 11:13:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it might depend on relationship.  Pre-Seasons, I've only had one pet die and his master was at work.  The other dog in the household howled for hours, which is how I realized that he had died because the master's wife who only had a 20/20 relationship with the dog was just doing her own thing and didn't even notice/care that the pet had died.  Had it not been for Jade the dog's incessant howling, I wouldn't have noticed until much later.  When I had Meadow Thayer (the wife) mourn the grave, she just shrugged.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2007 March 03, 11:20:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I made the master, well actually mistress, run over to where the grim reaper was doing the production, and she just stood there like a jackass doing nothing. Then I got mad and made her mourn at the tombstone until I was good and satisfied.

JM,  Roll Eyes. I want my sim to give one long guttural howl at the moment of death then. I would for my dog.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2007 March 03, 14:19:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems slower to me, too -- two seconds for every sim minute, where it used to be around one second per minute.  I've seen it on three lots I've played so far, so it's not a borked lot thing.

Maxis/EA did say they were going to fix it so sims had more time to do stuff.

I figured that meant they were going to slow the clock down a bit (which is something I've been wishing for).

Has anyone else noticed a change on the 3rd speed? I had a couple go to bed and once they fell asleep it switched to the 3rd speed (like normal) BUT it seemed much faster... their ZZZs were really flying which is why I noticed *laughs* and I can't remember if this is normal or not (used to use InSIM to put everyones energy down) but their infant daughter was still awake when it switched to the 3rd speed.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2007 March 03, 15:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did wonder if 3rd speed was zipping by a bit faster than normal...

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2007 March 03, 16:31:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen the sparkling food in pretty much every existing Strangetown lot I've played.

So have i cept it's my own custom hood, every single lot gives me sparkling food regardless if the family does gardening or not.  Honestly though it's a glitch i welcome, by having this glitch i no longer have to make specific food to get their hunger maxed, they can have pancakes at breakfast even if their almost dead from hunger.
dadditude
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2007 March 03, 16:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't believe that no one has mentioned the oddest thing about Seasons I have seen so far (or if someone HAS mentioned, I must have missed it). That being that the NPC's Maid, Mailman, etc. don't have outerwear for when it's cold. And for some of them (the mailman comes immediately to mind), their outfits are NOT cold-weather friendly. What is the chance that a hack could be written to remedy this situation?

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend;
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2007 March 03, 16:52:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't believe that no one has mentioned the oddest thing about Seasons I have seen so far (or if someone HAS mentioned, I must have missed it). That being that the NPC's Maid, Mailman, etc. don't have outerwear for when it's cold. And for some of them (the mailman comes immediately to mind), their outfits are NOT cold-weather friendly. What is the chance that a hack could be written to remedy this situation?

It's not a surprise to me since i read it in a chat script or something but i gotta agree a hack to change this would be wonderful kinda weird to see a mailman in short pants trudging through the snow.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: