More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 22:21:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Odd things I noticed about Seasons
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Odd things I noticed about Seasons  (Read 129000 times)
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Odd things I noticed about Seasons
« Reply #50 on: 2007 March 02, 03:49:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I left the Greenman toddler outside in Spring (I believe) she had this little icon that said 'allergies!' in her tasklist. Nothing particular seemed to happen, though.

Any ideas on this or am I seeing things?
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 March 02, 07:23:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone noticed a change in personalities in relation to aspiration? I had a family sim, fresh out of CAS, that never spun the have a baby want. Actually, about halfway through her life, she spun the fear of having a baby. Her hubby, a knowledge sim, spun the have a baby want 3 times, which is the most I've ever seen for that aspiration and also never really had any knowledge sim wants. I did make the girl have one child and adopt another, she just didn't want them. lol

I also noticed that my sims never really want to go outside. Do I have to put a bazillion objects out there for them to "want" to? I thought they would want to build snowmen and have water balloon fights on their own. Eh...
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 March 02, 07:27:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2. In UNI dorm students only have the choice of clean up or resume cooking when trying to get them to eat even though the food is laid out by the cook same as always.

I always get this when installing a new EP, maybe it's related to the overall reset the game has. You can't, though, really "resume cooking", the only way to deal with them is to clean up.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2007 March 02, 08:06:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2. In UNI dorm students only have the choice of clean up or resume cooking when trying to get them to eat even though the food is laid out by the cook same as always.

I always get this when installing a new EP, maybe it's related to the overall reset the game has. You can't, though, really "resume cooking", the only way to deal with them is to clean up.

Wasn't there an experimental hack, dontshootfood, that was supposed to fix this?  Dunno if it works tho.

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 March 02, 08:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is an artifact of the "Someone Shot The Food!" effect that occurs at every expansion and often patches. Basically, since every object in the game is reset, it re-runs the food's init code, which corrupts it into an indeterminate state. To prevent this, you need the "don't shoot food" hack in the test directory. Otherwise it will similarly corrupt all of the for-sale food in all of your businesses. Food that has already been shot will not be salvageable if you saved that lot, but anything you quit without saving or haven't loaded will not be shot.

Remember, don't shoot food!

The constant showering/bathing is the most annoying thing.
Try No-Autonomous APO lock, then install Bathroom Uses You.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Twibil
Blathering Buffoon

I open at the close.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2007 March 02, 08:26:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have only notice one or two oddities thus far, one of which I believe is due to CEP needing updated.  Some of my Maxis furniture is screwed up, the colors have changed to black on a sofa and loveseat.  I don't have any recolors of these two objects so I'm not sure what the cause may be other than CEP.  It annoys me because it was one of the sets of maxis furniture that was actually decent and I use it in a lot of homes.

Mr. T and Albert Einstein had a water balloon war yesterday.  It was actually quite entertaining, but I noticed some weird glitches in the animation. I noticed the sims 'flashing' from one spot to another just before they actually moved to a different spot. You have to watch very carefully for it.  (I was getting close up for a photo or I wouldn't have noticed it.)  Has anyone else noticed this?

Albert also spent some time in the hot tub and I noticed that his temp raised very quickly. I didn't leave him in there to cook, I will save that experiment for some poor, miserable, expendable townie.

My Bender sim/robot had a visit from the garden club lady just after moving into his new home.  He didn't even have any plants or trees on his lot and she wanted to offer him advice on his plants.  Is she supposed to show up when a sim moves in like the gypsy lady?  I was just wondering because I though it was weird that he didn't have any plants.  (He does now though!)

One more question. Can robots be screwed up by having them out in the rain?  Bender was outside planting tomatos in the rain for a long while but I didn't notice any ill effects.

"The rumors that Peter Pan was a fairy are completely unsubstantiated; Not that there's anything wrong with that." - Pascal Curious

www.curiousstate.com
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2007 March 02, 09:08:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is an artifact of the "Someone Shot The Food!" effect that occurs at every expansion and often patches. Basically, since every object in the game is reset, it re-runs the food's init code, which corrupts it into an indeterminate state. To prevent this, you need the "don't shoot food" hack in the test directory. Otherwise it will similarly corrupt all of the for-sale food in all of your businesses. Food that has already been shot will not be salvageable if you saved that lot, but anything you quit without saving or haven't loaded will not be shot.

I found it in the Pets test directory if anyone is looking for it.  I don't have Pets, but I guess it's going to work fine when I add The Seasons to OFB.   I don't mind losing the food on the tables oaccasionally, but I would hate for all the food in inventories and shops to "go off" overnight!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Twibil
Blathering Buffoon

I open at the close.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2007 March 02, 09:24:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I left the Greenman toddler outside in Spring (I believe) she had this little icon that said 'allergies!' in her tasklist. Nothing particular seemed to happen, though.

Any ideas on this or am I seeing things?

I did notice Severus Snape throwing a sneezing fit.  I didn't have the time to look at his task list to see if there was anything there.  It was spring, so I assumed allergies.

"The rumors that Peter Pan was a fairy are completely unsubstantiated; Not that there's anything wrong with that." - Pascal Curious

www.curiousstate.com
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 March 02, 09:25:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Bender sim/robot had a visit from the garden club lady just after moving into his new home.  He didn't even have any plants or trees on his lot and she wanted to offer him advice on his plants.  Is she supposed to show up when a sim moves in like the gypsy lady?  I was just wondering because I though it was weird that he didn't have any plants.  (He does now though!)

Yea, I think she's a new annoying person that TJ's visitor controller needs to squelch (like the Gypsy Smiley ).  She showed up on the first lot I played after installing seasons, even though it's been occupied for many sim days.  I expect to see her at each lot until a new visitor controller comes out.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 March 02, 09:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I think she's a new annoying person that TJ's visitor controller needs to squelch (like the Gypsy Smiley ).  She showed up on the first lot I played after installing seasons, even though it's been occupied for many sim days.  I expect to see her at each lot until a new visitor controller comes out.

I'm not sure it will be as bad as that.  I've played something like 6 or 7 different lots since installing Seasons, and like you said, she only showed up on the first one.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007 March 02, 16:41:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed a very odd problem with the Ottomas family (from the bin).  The mother Samantha was already pregnant and gave birth to twins.  They're not related to their father.  Their "father" is Patricia Wan (O'Mackey -- she married Gabe), who Samantha has not even met.  Shocked   While amusing, it seems to be a serious glitch, possibly a VBT.

On the BBS people have been posting that the 'father' of Sam's babies have been Ariel - a dog!
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 March 02, 17:03:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone on the bbs cured her and posted a pic, she has darkest skin tone so no worries there.  Dna seems okay, so far...
I cured her too, just to see.  I didn't save, but she is S4.  The simdna cheat confirms that she carries DNA for dark skin, green eyes, and brown hair.  If you look closely, she still has brown eyebrows as a Plantsim.  You can tell if you do Change Appearance in a mirror, the eyebrows are in the brown bin.  The hair bin is grayed out though.  Sad  She has eyeliner on, and I could put blush on her, but none of the lipstick I tried would show up.  Huh

I also found out that lipstick, of the custom variety, would not go on her. But I did successfully get her to wear some Maxis lipstick.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 March 02, 19:22:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed a very odd problem with the Ottomas family (from the bin).  The mother Samantha was already pregnant and gave birth to twins.  They're not related to their father.  Their "father" is Patricia Wan (O'Mackey -- she married Gabe), who Samantha has not even met.  Shocked   While amusing, it seems to be a serious glitch, possibly a VBT.

On the BBS people have been posting that the 'father' of Sam's babies have been Ariel - a dog!

Oh crud! I just finished playing the Ottomas up to about 4 hours before Sam's due to give birth to those twins. I do not want a screwed up family tree!  Angry I should be able to use SimPE (once it's updated) to get rid of this screwed up pregnancy, then get her pregnant again by her husband to correct the problem right?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007 March 02, 19:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I first installed Pets, Brandi Broke showed a pair of dogs as her parents. I can't remember what fixed it but have a funny feeling Monique's computer was involved.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 March 02, 20:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Garden Club Lady only comes to the first house you play in a neighborhood after installing the EP.  I played the Roths and she came, but when I played the Greenmans, she didn't come.  I had to call her on the phone. 

I noticed that the plantbabies need bathing more often.  If it rains, they can go play in the puddles and that satisfies their water requirement, but on sunny days, a bath is the best way for them to get watered.  Having the Plant parent do it also satisfies her water need.  This needs to be added to the baby controller and bathroom controller.  My plant sim wanted to take a bath, but BUY kicked her out.  I had to direct her to manually. 
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007 March 02, 20:52:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only oddities I've noticed so far are the excessing bathing/showering and the excessing water-balloon pranking.  I'm playing autumn but I thought water-balloons were supposed to be a summer thing.  I also don't have the "Try On" option in community lot clothing racks and no "Outerwear" option but I'm going through my hacks right now to see which one could be the cause of that particular problem.  Oh, and the autonomous changing into outerwear when it's not cold outside. 
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2007 March 02, 21:21:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only oddities I've noticed so far are the excessing bathing/showering and the excessing water-balloon pranking.  I'm playing autumn but I thought water-balloons were supposed to be a summer thing.  I also don't have the "Try On" option in community lot clothing racks and no "Outerwear" option but I'm going through my hacks right now to see which one could be the cause of that particular problem.  Oh, and the autonomous changing into outerwear when it's not cold outside. 

The excessive water balloon prank is annoying but I think it is a feature.  The bathing/showering is due to heat (I think).  Is their thermometer in the red?  Mine were all red all the time and I finally traced it to the InTeenimaor.  I removed that and everything is fine now as far as the bathing goes anyway.  I've noticed in a dorm I'm playing a couple of the girls (non-playable dormies) keep fighting each other and the cafeteria worker, slapping, shoving and actually fighting constantly.  I've never had that happen before.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007 March 02, 21:29:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to fix this before she gives birth?

Oh crud! I just finished playing the Ottomas up to about 4 hours before Sam's due to give birth to those twins. I do not want a screwed up family tree!  Angry I should be able to use SimPE (once it's updated) to get rid of this screwed up pregnancy, then get her pregnant again by her husband to correct the problem right?
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007 March 02, 21:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something that happened that I'm assuming is intentional is the Garden Club lady came, and during her inspection she went up to a flamingo and said something to the effect of "Eww, this garbage you have laying around in your yard is disgusting."

At first I thought, "what the hell?" But then I laughed.

Hey, Snooty, I need them for my Kick Stuff requirements. I hate chasing down stolen gnomes, and that new chicken statue thing gets stolen too.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007 March 02, 21:49:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why aren't your Sims kicking The Cheat? Just curious, as you can place The Cheat indoors, which should avoid the garbage in the garden problem, and it can't be stolen unless the burglar decides that s/he's going to steal something relatively cheap.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2007 March 02, 21:53:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that may be my answer if I end up being big into the garden club aspect. (I passed inspection anyway, so i mean....)

I felt weird about having The Cheat in my game. HSR + Sims = Universes crossing, aaagghh!

I need to get over it.
lingeringviolet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2007 March 02, 23:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone said that they weren't able to call the garden club. I noticed that only the two original phones from the base game have the option to call them, the two new grayish phones from Pets don't have the call -> service -> garden club option at all.  Roll Eyes

What rolls down stairs alone or in pairs
Rolls over your neighbor's dog?
What's great for a snack and fits on your back?
It's Log, Log, Log!
It's Log, Log, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood.
It's Log, Log, it's better than bad, it's good!
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2007 March 02, 23:37:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The excessive water balloon prank is annoying but I think it is a feature.  The bathing/showering is due to heat (I think).  Is their thermometer in the red?  Mine were all red all the time and I finally traced it to the InTeenimaor.  I removed that and everything is fine now as far as the bathing goes anyway.  I've noticed in a dorm I'm playing a couple of the girls (non-playable dormies) keep fighting each other and the cafeteria worker, slapping, shoving and actually fighting constantly.  I've never had that happen before.

Yeah, it is the InTeenimator.  I thought I had removed it but it was still in there.  The excessive bathing/showering and water ballooning stopped too.  I think it's because they shower to raise their temp and throw water balloons to lower so the inTeen screwing with their temp caused the excessive weird behavior.  I don't know about the fighting though.  Seasonal affective disorder?  Huh
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2007 March 02, 23:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to fix this before she gives birth?

I moved the family into a house to see this for myself.  I am using the OBJ version of InSimenator, which doesn't conflict with anything as far as I can tell, and using the reproductive adjuster (looks like a microwave), it showed the "father" of Sam's baby as Patricia Wan.  I used the "Change Father's nID" option to change it to Peter.  Hopefully this fixed it.  This should be the same as if I had gone in SimPE and changed it on her pregnancy token.  That is if SimPE worked with Seasons.  Tongue
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2007 March 02, 23:51:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it is the InTeenimator.  I thought I had removed it but it was still in there.  The excessive bathing/showering and water ballooning stopped too.  I think it's because they shower to raise their temp and throw water balloons to lower so the inTeen screwing with their temp caused the excessive weird behavior.  I don't know about the fighting though.  Seasonal affective disorder?  Huh

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: