More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 10:12:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Odd things I noticed about Seasons
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Odd things I noticed about Seasons  (Read 129203 times)
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Odd things I noticed about Seasons
« Reply #175 on: 2007 March 09, 09:14:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WTF, why didn't my penguin pee on my sim's feet?! I'm jealous.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2007 March 09, 09:42:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

has anybody else had leftovers disappear when you try to remove them from the fridge, or is it just me?

I just had this happen last night for the first time.  I'd had my sim make lobster thermidor for that crappy private school guy who was coming over the next day.  The headmaster arrives, one sim takes him on a tour while the other gets the lobster out.  It's in her hand a suddenly, poof, no lobster.  Pissed me off.  I hate that whole headmaster thingy anyway and this just made it worse.  And I have no CC fridges or counters or anything else in the kitchen. 

amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2007 March 09, 10:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The penguin showed up in my game *in the middle of the summer.* He waddled up the walk, into the house, and then over to stare at the fish trophy on the wall. Then he waved at it, leaped in the air in front of it, and wiggled all over, as if delighted. Either that, or he had extreme frustration with not being able to eat the thing. LOL  He went on to do the same show at each of four fish trophies. They were all the jumbo variety of fish, if that makes a difference. He left, he came back and did it again. He left, and came back again. On the first trip, my Sim petted him. Perhaps that triggered return visits. Or maybe he was super bored in the middle of summer. But why wasn't he getting heat exhaustion???  LOL

For every King, there is a Queen ....
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2007 March 09, 11:15:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That explains the comments I've seen on the official site and in the part of the guide I've read so far about the penguin and not leaving fish laying around.  Guess it sees wall-mounted fish as 'laying around'. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2007 March 09, 12:18:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, they are going to be laying around for quite some time. LOL

I wonder how many more penguin visits I will get .... I did wonder why the menu says "shoo." Maybe the little rascal can get really annoying. Oh joy. And I used to like Penguins.  Undecided

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2007 March 09, 13:10:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

has anybody else had leftovers disappear when you try to remove them from the fridge, or is it just me?

I just had this happen last night for the first time.  I'd had my sim make lobster thermidor for that crappy private school guy who was coming over the next day.  The headmaster arrives, one sim takes him on a tour while the other gets the lobster out.  It's in her hand a suddenly, poof, no lobster.  Pissed me off.  I hate that whole headmaster thingy anyway and this just made it worse.  And I have no CC fridges or counters or anything else in the kitchen. 

I love the notion of giving the headmaster cold lobster thermidor. "Here, we found this crap in the fridge." Hee! I usually just bung things into inventory, because I like to see the plates all steaming hot. Personal preference.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2007 March 09, 13:46:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's happened a couple of times in different houses with different food I think. It doesn't *always* happen just sometimes. It's rather annoying though.
MsBarrows
Asinine Airhead

The Sims In My Head Made Me Do It

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: 2007 March 09, 16:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had an interesting (read: frustrating as *&%@#) bug show up in my neighborhood. I'd made and furnished a house, and moved in a family - 1 servo, 2 children, and 4 toddlers. The servo and toddlers seemed fine but the children when in free will mode would just stand around doing diddly-squat and often jump out of queued-up interactions. Thought they were bugged somehow and restored them from a backup of them on a different (empty) lot, they were fine there, moved them into the hosue again, and again they stoped working.

Had testingcheatsenabled on at one point and noticed they were generating an object error file every few seconds, so I checked the files. Turns out there was something wrong with one of the new objects, the little tiered bowl fountain (forget the name... Holy something-or-other) - as soon as I deleted it from my lot, the kids returned to normal. GRRRRR....

Now I just have to figure out why none of the toddlers have wants... three fears, zero wants, on all of them.

- /\/\sB -
lingeringviolet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2007 March 09, 17:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are any of you able to get your elders to retire? Dora Ottomas, Betty Goldstein and Catherine Viejo, none of them can retire. It's annoying because I want Dora to stay home and take care of all of her grandchildren but I would rather her retire than quit. Is this happening to anyone else?

What rolls down stairs alone or in pairs
Rolls over your neighbor's dog?
What's great for a snack and fits on your back?
It's Log, Log, Log!
It's Log, Log, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood.
It's Log, Log, it's better than bad, it's good!
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2007 March 09, 17:11:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're in elder jobs.  Sims can't retire from elder jobs, they can only quit.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2007 March 09, 17:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid Maxis.  Angry  You could have them quit, then use Pes' noagediscrimination hack to let them get real jobs, then have them retire from those.  The downside is getting them the same job back. 
Jfederated
Asinine Airhead

Necessity is the mother of all eyesores.

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2007 March 09, 17:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had an interesting (read: frustrating as *&%@#) bug show up in my neighborhood. I'd made and furnished a house, and moved in a family - 1 servo, 2 children, and 4 toddlers. The servo and toddlers seemed fine but the children when in free will mode would just stand around doing diddly-squat and often jump out of queued-up interactions. Thought they were bugged somehow and restored them from a backup of them on a different (empty) lot, they were fine there, moved them into the hosue again, and again they stoped working.

Had testingcheatsenabled on at one point and noticed they were generating an object error file every few seconds, so I checked the files. Turns out there was something wrong with one of the new objects, the little tiered bowl fountain (forget the name... Holy something-or-other) - as soon as I deleted it from my lot, the kids returned to normal. GRRRRR....

Now I just have to figure out why none of the toddlers have wants... three fears, zero wants, on all of them.

About ten posts up this page - I had the same issue w/the Holey Pots fountain (also the pond water spray gadget).  I'm sorry it happened to you too; I think it's a CC conflict, as I've heard from others they have no problem at all w/that object.

Edit:  Narrowed down to something from MST2 - found them, all by Targa:  Buyable Backdrop and Studio lights from CAS, and/or buyable Artist Camera career reward. Sick of looking; it's probably the backdrops.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 11, 02:47:30 by Jfred » Logged

Forgotten MATY passwords:  3 and counting.
amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2007 March 09, 20:19:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The babies crying too much is an admitted MaxisEA glitch that they are "working on."

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2007 March 10, 05:33:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are any of you able to get your elders to retire? Dora Ottomas, Betty Goldstein and Catherine Viejo, none of them can retire. It's annoying because I want Dora to stay home and take care of all of her grandchildren but I would rather her retire than quit. Is this happening to anyone else?
You cannot retire from crappy Teen/Elder variants of jobs. Just quit, the pay is crap.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nainon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2007 March 10, 19:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that island counters are acting weird after Seasons:

I'm sure counter islands could join fridges and stoves near walls before Seasons.  Undecided
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2007 March 10, 19:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

mine still join up nicely with the fridge. I noticed it just earlier today. Ive never seen that before, so it had me puzzled.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2007 March 11, 02:14:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game, something seems to be wrong with babies and toddlers. The babies are almost constantly crying, even when they just have been fed, changed and bathed and put into their crib, they still cry and don't stop until they are cuddled, then start again when they are left alone. Okay, I have to play without most of the baby hacks I'm used to, but I don't remember babies crying without a reason before.

My newest Simbaby has also had this "issue" (which, while being more 'realistic' and adding to the challenge of the game, pretty much only serves to annoy). Usually, however, just going back to the crib and giving the baby another Cuddle or two would help him calm down and go to sleep.

With the toddlers, it seems that they are not getting tired as fast as they should, they have the same sleep rhythm as other sims. They wake up in the morning and can stay awake until late in the evening.

My toddler is *definitely* staying awake a lot longer than they used to do! Pre-Seasons, a Smart Milk soon after waking would pretty much hold a toddler Sim until after his next nap. But my most recent SimToddler has time to get *really* hungry again before he's ready to go to sleep. Unfortunately, he's not been staying asleep any longer than he used to do. Heh, between the longer hours and screaming baby phase, I miss my easy-care sim-spawn!

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2007 March 11, 08:17:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well, I have Inge's toddlers sleep till 6 patch, so my toddlers are REALLY easy to take care of now. Wake up in the morning, feed them 2 smart milks a day, train if needed, put them to bed in the evening. No getting them into and out of the crib during the day.

And I quite like it now that the babies are harder to take care of, makes it more realistic.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: 2007 March 11, 08:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish the babies had random 'personalities' like regular sims do, instead of being either completely fuss-free or complete squalling monsters. IRL some babies are quiet and well-behaved, yet others are colicky and cry nonstop. I think the game would be much enriched if babies were randomly fussy or fuss-free (or somewhere in-between).

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2007 March 11, 08:37:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then we'd need duct tape. In real life, the answer to noisy babies is to duct tape their noses. With only one way to breathe, they have to choose between breathing or screaming, and the wrong choice produces unconciousness that leads to the correct one. It's a traditional family remedy.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2007 March 11, 10:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a baby selectable, the fun was completely in the red. I pulled the fun bar up and it acted like a normal Maxis baby.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2007 March 11, 10:35:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't the Baby Controller automatically detect this case on a baby and deal with it?

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2007 March 11, 10:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No it doesn't. I think this is the Maxis glitch. From memory, the controller made a sim get the baby and cuddle it a couple of times, then put it back in the crib. I'll check it out again next time I play, there's a baby due.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2007 March 11, 11:06:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit:  Narrowed down to something from MST2 - found them, all by Targa:  Buyable Backdrop and Studio lights from CAS, and/or buyable Artist Camera career reward. Sick of looking; it's probably the backdrops.

It must be the backdrop, as that's the only one of the three you mention that I don't have and my fountain works fine.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: 2007 March 11, 11:23:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone moved a lot into the lotbin and placed it in another hood?  A boardfriend did that with a riverblossom lot in winter with snow on the ground.  going into the lot, the season meter says it is summer and the plants agree, however the snow is still on the ground and the sims are overheating making snowmen and having snowball fights.  She can't see neighbouring houses from that lot either - but can from other lots in the hood.    Is this a one-off or a general problem?
Moving houses into the lot bin and placing them in another hood is generally considered a VBT, and is the leading cause of BFBVFS.  Pes says NEVER to do this.  This was way back before any EPs, so I'm not surprised that your friend is having problems with this.  Sorry.  Sad

The house was empty of sims, but the problem was that the seasons got messed up which is nothing to do with the VBT issue about adding junk to the character files.  She says she has no CC, which means it's not a conflict.  I'd really like to know if other people have had problems with moving lots via the lot bin.  If it's a real issue, not just something screwy in her game, it needs reporting and fixing while Maxis are actually asking for bug reports.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: