More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:52:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Odd things I noticed about Seasons
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Odd things I noticed about Seasons  (Read 128101 times)
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Odd things I noticed about Seasons
« Reply #125 on: 2007 March 05, 20:42:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try No-Autonomous APO lock

I've looked everywhere for this. Can someone point me to it? Thx.

Max
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: 2007 March 05, 20:52:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First juice I made was Pureed Boot...

Nothing special, but the boots don't seem to be good for much else, so I'd try it anyway...

Here's a question, do the fish do anything special? Or are they just good food? (I think I heard they had a bonus to hunger, maybe?)

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2007 March 05, 20:53:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And have you noticed the Energizer machine (that clunkily attractive Reward Object) is messed up now?  Sims still get recharged by it, but they won't get off the damn thing anymore!   Thanks to that, I had a Sim die of heat exhaustion.  Angry

As far as I can tell, this is caused by the social skill going down after the bar is full. The need bar keeps flashing a red arrow before it fills up all the way.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2007 March 05, 21:12:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I can tell, this is caused by the social skill going down after the bar is full. The need bar keeps flashing a red arrow before it fills up all the way.

Huh?  I've never noticed anything flashing red.  Sims used to automatically eject themselves from this contraption after it had done its thing, but now they stay stuck -- unless you cancel out the action -- which is a nuisance.  And while on topic, it would be soooo sweet to have a noiseless version of this.  The sound of Sims on it is the most annoying sound in the entire game.  I could use alternatives for maxing motives, but I really try to stay away from cheats that make the game too easy.   Tongue

Max
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2007 March 05, 21:25:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted a thread about this too. We're not alone. I think it's happening to almost everyone. Since that thread, I've tried it with Sims deep in the red and Sims barely out of green. It doesn't seem to make any difference in my game. They stay stuck in the machine until I eject them. Annoyingly, you now have to babysit Sims in the energizer. I filled out the bug report form...fat lot of good that will do.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2007 March 05, 21:31:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While amusing, it seems to be a serious glitch, possibly a VBT.
  What's a VBT?

A VBT is a Very Bad Thing... sort of a prelude to the infamous BFBVFS.  Tongue

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2007 March 06, 01:46:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a question, do the fish do anything special? Or are they just good food? (I think I heard they had a bonus to hunger, maybe?)

Very good food - they are a top speed fattener Grin. And you can sell them. A big rainbow trout earns you over 200, the fish that can be caught with a gold badge (don't know the name, it's "Goldforelle" in German, but I guess, a "gold trout" doesn't exist?) can be sold for over 500.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

withacy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2007 March 06, 03:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are some recipes I got from other sites: (Not from the guide, so correct me if I'm wrong)

Eggplant juice: 1 eggplant =randon skill pt.
Lemonade: 4 lemons = Cools sims down
Tomato juice: 3 tomatoes= warms sims up
Orange juice: 4 oranges = Cures colds
OrangeAde: 3 oranges + 1 lemon = random Badge points
Pepper Punch: 1 pepper+ 4 pole beans+ 2 apples= energy boost
Strawberry juice: 6 strawberries = clears furious bits
Strawberry lemonade: 3 lemons+ 2 strawberries = Platinum mood
Veggie Cocktail: 2 tomatoes+ 1 cucumber+ 1 pepper+ 3 polebeans = faster skill-building
Pureed boot = sims freak out

Max

Also
Apple Juice: 4 apples = faster homework
(which is why I want the "serve" option, since kids can't use the machine!)
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2007 March 06, 05:39:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it not plunk down in the sim's inventory or do they drink it right away?

miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2007 March 06, 05:47:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They drink it straight away, I'm not sure yet if the 'served' ones will go in the inventory.  But if you try cancelling out on a single made drink it goes 'poof'.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2007 March 06, 05:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. Can teenagers use it? Otherwise, that juice is useless if the only sims that need faster homework cannot use it.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: 2007 March 06, 05:50:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So juice from the juicer is similar to espresso or single bar-drinks then?

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2007 March 06, 06:19:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Teens can use it, but you can have adults or teens 'serve' instead of make, which means they will make 6 drinks and set the tray down for anyone to grab a drink, which is how your children can use it.   Sometimes the tray disappears though, I need to write down which surfaces they are trying to place them on when that happens.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2007 March 06, 06:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(don't know the name, it's "Goldforelle" in German, but I guess, a "gold trout" doesn't exist?) 

it's Golden Trout, at least in US English.

INFP or something
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2007 March 06, 06:58:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, what's the story on Patricia Wan and Samantha?  Did Pat have a sex change? This disturbs me.  I was totally shocked to find Pat's memories of having had those twins of Samantha's! What was EA thinking?  Is that why the Ottomas family was sneakily residing in the bin?  Huh

Samantha is bugged -- the identifier for the father when they saved her doesn't necessarily match the real father's nID. There's a recent thread here about Seasons that talks about how to fix that, but the general consensus is to just terminate the pregnancy when you first put them on a lot (if you insist on playing them at all, that is Smiley ) and then let her get pregnant properly.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2007 March 06, 08:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this has anything to do with Seasons, but a weird situation is occurring with one of my sims and I have never had this happen before.

My male sim has been romancing a local female sim. She's been in love with him for ages, but I've not managed to get him to even crush on her, despite countless dates and hours and hours of flirting, kissing etc. His relationship with her is at 100/100 and he has a bolt for her, so what gives? I've temporarily removed any romance-related hacks (which are all supposedly Seasons-compatible anyway) and that's not helped the situation. It's annoying because he's cute and I want him to breed, and the only alternative mates are...shudder...townies. Plus the guy is now a middle-aged virgin and I feel kind of sorry for him.

Has anyone encountered anything like this before?
kimmyfrmtx
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2007 March 06, 08:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this has anything to do with Seasons, but a weird situation is occurring with one of my sims and I have never had this happen before.

My male sim has been romancing a local female sim. She's been in love with him for ages, but I've not managed to get him to even crush on her, despite countless dates and hours and hours of flirting, kissing etc. His relationship with her is at 100/100 and he has a bolt for her, so what gives? I've temporarily removed any romance-related hacks (which are all supposedly Seasons-compatible anyway) and that's not helped the situation. It's annoying because he's cute and I want him to breed, and the only alternative mates are...shudder...townies. Plus the guy is now a middle-aged virgin and I feel kind of sorry for him.

Has anyone encountered anything like this before?

I have noticed this happening to several of my pre-made and custom made families. In one of these she has no love for him relationship 100/100 and has been for days, lots of kissing/hugging/flirting.  She accepted his engagement and is married (and preggers) but still no love.

Another family the not-in-love mate finally fell in love after the birth of the 2nd child (and she was saved from death after she magically caught fire being overheated outside in winter)

STFU already NoobTard, you are disturbing my lurking.

Then and than are different words with different meanings; look up the correct usage.  I am running out of furniture polish.  [slams head on desk]
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2007 March 06, 11:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Magwitch & Kimmy, do you guys have the 'No Instant Love' mod by JM?  If so that's probably why it's so difficult to move their relationships along, as you can tell by the name.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2007 March 06, 13:14:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The no love thing has been a problem that's plagued the game off and on for a few EP's now. You see a thread about it on the BBS fairly often.

You CAN serve the juices, but you have to have enough of the fruit stocked- up to 36 of one fruit, depending on which juice you're making.  Shocked The option won't show up otherwise.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
withacy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2007 March 06, 13:20:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, here's a fun bug (and I have very few hacks) that showed up today.  New family, new home - they used the phone to hire a gardener - and about 5 or 6 of them showed up!  And they didn't actually do any gardening, they just started watching TV, playing the piano, reading and playing chess.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2007 March 06, 13:27:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that means your portal is bugged.

Inteen for AL, yay!
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2007 March 06, 13:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yay, glad to see THAT bug back again.  Roll Eyes

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2007 March 06, 13:42:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having the jump bug for the very first time.

Also, I feel like some sims are getting cold faster than others, like when I send them outside in the winter. I'm glad that the outerwear's not just coats, but it makes me wonder if sweaters are worse than coats, as far as warmth.

Additionally, it is just gooby to see townies walk by in shorts and be all, "sool sool dudes" when there's a blizzard going on. I want to see some heads down and some fast walking--not to mention some freaking coats!

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2007 March 06, 13:44:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I laid down for a nap and my boyfriend called out, "I think I'm having a Jump Bug... like, literally, they Jump....". I figured he was being retarded about some animation but it turns out his sim in college was unable to "make and sell lemonade" and was jumping out of it. I had to teach him how to use move_objects on to sell the stand and rebuy it to fix it, but all this talk of jump bugs worries me

INFP or something
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2007 March 06, 16:10:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had one of my sims unabled to fall in love, got the crush, but didn't get the red hearts. I think it was because he was messing around with an employee while she was supposed to be working. I just boolpropped and dragged their relationship down to remove the flags, then brought them back up to what they were. Gave her a kiss and instant hearts.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: