More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:44:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?  (Read 193024 times)
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?
« Reply #275 on: 2007 March 13, 22:42:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM has a hack that stops that and it was talked about earlier in the thread. I'm to lazy at the moment to find the quote but check out his hacks and you'll find the no unneeded coats hack. Here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=7517.0
Wow I had a nice moment.

Read the full thread as it doesn't stop it from EVERY time but it does help. So to fully understand it read all the posts.

What a night for a dance, you know I'm a dancing machine. With the fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene. ~King of Leon
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2007 March 13, 23:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im not sure if its been asked, but its driving me mental that you can't fit all the fruit and veg in to the juice stock. Sad

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2007 March 13, 23:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look in peasantry--jfade just made a cool super-expando juicer. It holds like 300 items now.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2007 March 13, 23:53:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy
BAAH!! BAAAAAH!!

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

jenflower
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: 2007 March 14, 00:09:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... and of children becoming cold enough for the social worker to arrive after a very short period of time outside.  I figure readers here are a more reliable source, so are these actually common problems?  Is the children's temperature problem caused by hacks as the overheating is believed to be?

Nope, but Paladin over at http://www.simwardrobe.com/ has a hack that prevents the social worker from coming for that reason.

I really wanted to use that one, but it conflicts with Pescado's sshack.

I have only just started playing Seasons so I haven't seen it happen yet, but I don't like the reports that the kids are outside and freeze too quickly to get them inside before the social worker comes.  That would make me sad if that happened. 

AFAIK, I don't think the sshack covers the temperature neglect possibility, but I would rather have the other features it provides, so I guess I'll just have to keep Pescado's in and risk it.

"That probably would have sounded more commanding if I wasn't wearing my yummy sushi pajamas."
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2007 March 14, 01:13:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like a mod that makes hungry Sims take leftovers from the fridge before they make a whole new meal. I have never seen autonomous left over taking, not even in child sims.

Seconded. Also, Squinge's no-autonomous-cooking hack doesn't work.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: 2007 March 14, 01:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, but Paladin over at http://www.simwardrobe.com/ has a hack that prevents the social worker from coming for that reason.
I really wanted to use that one, but it conflicts with Pescado's sshack.

Have you tested them together, and if so, tried switching the order they load in?

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
jenflower
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: 2007 March 14, 03:24:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well - the conflict utility by Paladin shows them as conflicting and yes - in some cases a different load order does make a difference with other hacks, but Paladin's hack only contains and changes one BHAV (called Function-Update). 
That is the BHAV that conflicts with Pescado's.  (Obviously)
When the game loads the two mods, it doesn't pick and choose different lines of the BHAV, right? 
It only chooses one full BHAV over the other, right? 
Loading Pescado's hack last would be the same as not having Paladin's hack in at all because Pescado's BHAV would cancel out Paladin's BHAV (which is the only thing in Paladin's hack)

On the flip side, loading Paladin's last would make us lose Pescado's school grade tweak in that BHAV (where the Social worker only comes if more than half the kids are failing). 
Pescado does have two other BHAVs he changed in his and I know that those will always work in spite of the load order.  But it's the BHAV called Function-Update that is the main part of the hack.

I feel kind of stupid all of a sudden - am I completely misunderstanding load order and how it's handled and why we use it sometimes?

"That probably would have sounded more commanding if I wasn't wearing my yummy sushi pajamas."
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: 2007 March 14, 03:47:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel kind of stupid all of a sudden - am I completely misunderstanding load order and how it's handled and why we use it sometimes?

Heh, I doubt it.  I asked because I know you're a much more advanced modder than I am.  XD  But if I understand your explanation, it sounds like you could load Paladin's hack last and get the temperature aspect at the cost of the grade effect from sshack, but preserving everything else sshack does.  Am I right?

jenflower
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: 2007 March 14, 04:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, I doubt it.  I asked because I know you're a much more advanced modder than I am.  XD  But if I understand your explanation, it sounds like you could load Paladin's hack last and get the temperature aspect at the cost of the grade effect from sshack, but preserving everything else sshack does.  Am I right?
XD - I feel like a such newbmodder in the presence of JM and TJ. 
But to answer your question, yep - that is exactly what it seems to be, as far as I can tell. 

I just really like the school grade aspect of Pescado's mod...I think having the social worker come and grab all the kids for one child's failing grade is rather harsh.  Maybe I'll be lucky and not have any frozen/heat-related social worker visits in my game.  Unfortunately, now I'm going to be all paranoid about letting the kids play outside.   Grin   The stress of sim-parenting!

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: 2007 March 14, 04:24:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

XD - I feel like a such newbmodder in the presence of JM and TJ. 
But to answer your question, yep - that is exactly what it seems to be, as far as I can tell. 

I just really like the school grade aspect of Pescado's mod...I think having the social worker come and grab all the kids for one child's failing grade is rather harsh.  Maybe I'll be lucky and not have any frozen/heat-related social worker visits in my game.  Unfortunately, now I'm going to be all paranoid about letting the kids play outside.   Grin   The stress of sim-parenting!

Would it be possible to combine the two?

sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2007 March 14, 04:27:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind so much my sims putting coats on and off evertime they open the door but it is really driving me crazy that the ghosts on my legacy lot are doing it.  I guess they are afraid they can freeze to death and die twice??
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2007 March 14, 04:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The current version of no unneeded coats should quash this behavior. Ghosts should no longer have this bizarre compulsion.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jenflower
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: 2007 March 14, 05:25:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amber: I looked at the code quickly today and it has lots of tests for things that I don't understand without taking the time to think about it. (I am in-between college courses right now and I am currently on a "thinking vacation")
I couldn't even see the test where Paladin checked for temperature neglect.  I compared the main BHAV in both mods and then looked at the original BHAV that came with the game and ...bleh... 

Once you get past the initial part of trying to figure out what all the tests are for, a personal "mod tweak"/"mod merge" would probably work. (Oh goodness...does it offend modders when we talk about tweaking their mods?)  Huh  (lol - "tweaking their mods" ... sounds dirty) 

Anyway, I guess once the temperature code can be deciphered in Paladin's BHAV, it can just be added to the BHAV in Pescado's mod.  It would be easier that way instead of trying to merge it the other way around.  Pescado has more features so his mod should probably remain the base mod.  But, I don't know.  J.M. is a mod king and I am a lowly peasant. 
Blech - my homeworksometimes mod was soooo much easier than this. And fun, too.  Because homework is fun and I'm a nerd.

Of course, if Mr. Pescado would care to just add the temperature feature to his mod, that would save me lots of time and I can go back to my thinking vacation.  Grin

kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2007 March 14, 05:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... and of children becoming cold enough for the social worker to arrive after a very short period of time outside.  I figure readers here are a more reliable source, so are these actually common problems?  Is the children's temperature problem caused by hacks as the overheating is believed to be?

Thanks for the link.  I just had to quit without saving from a game because I couldn't get my child to stop building a snowman.

Speaking of which, I'd like a mod to make sims just stop building snowmen when I cancel the action.
mk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2007 March 14, 05:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My most wanted hack is one to give our NPC friends (enemies?) some sort of a rational desire to wear outerwear when appropriate. I don't know about you, but my mailman doesn't come trudging through knee-deep snow in a short-sleeved shirt and a pair of shorts.
NPCs are coded to be immune to temperature. They did not come equipped with cold-weather versions of their uniforms, and thus were not able to use outerwear.

Does the same apply to Townies?  For purely aesthetic reasons I find it annoying that they never seem to appear on residential lots wearing any outerwear.

Another mod I've been wanting actually since the EP was announced is changing the sunrise/sunset times. Where I live, it's only light from about 9 am to 3 pm in winter, and in summer the sun doesn't set until 11 pm or so. So I find the darkness of the Sims summer quite depressing. It should be light much longer during summer than during winter.

I have no idea if it can be done or not, but I would love it anyway.
I would, too. For the opposite reasons!
* J. M. Pescado hiss at sun!

I would really love something like this as well. That was one of the reasons, I was looking forward to seasons. In reality this is kind of the whole reason for there being seasons, isnīt it. So I really hate, that they left that out. And I would love longer summer days simply for gameplay enjoyment.
Longer days. PSSH! ETERNAL DARKNESS FTW!
* J. M. Pescado hiss at sun!

And I second the request for gardening affecting the fitness level. Itīs too bad, that the fish dishes are so fattening to begin with. Isnīt fish supposed to be healthy and non-fattening?
I think you're probably overfeeding, that's why. Try noeatcrap?

Is variability in day length through the seasons something we can look forward to then?  I hope so regardless of whether the motivation is long days or eternal darkness.

One request I haven't seen mentioned is the possibility of planning a sims wardrobe according to the season.  It would be more realistic to see a sim wearing a t-shirt/shorts as everyday in th esummer and a sweater/jeans in the winter etc.  Is this possible as a mod that would apply to all dressers, or even to one customised one?
MsBarrows
Asinine Airhead

The Sims In My Head Made Me Do It

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: 2007 March 14, 06:31:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't understand why sim kids can't get leftovers autonomously, instead of getting the message that "Sharla is just skin and bones! You'd better feed this kid before the Social Worker takes her away!"

I'd love to see that also - it annoys me to no end that here I have a fridge full of leftovers (most of which I took the time to put into the firdge as individual plates, not serving platters),  and the kids, on the very rare occasions they do grab food autonomously from the fridge, they get cookies or chips, not leftovers. Okay granted with a lot of kids that actually is more realistic... I'd rather they grabbed leftovers! I can remember snacking on leftovers quite happily as a kid, after all (mmm, leftover chili or spagetti made into jaffles...)

I also think hungry adults should grab leftover food in preference to cooking new meals when they do autonomous hunger-fulfilling.

- /\/\sB -
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2007 March 14, 06:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love to see that also - it annoys me to no end that here I have a fridge full of leftovers (most of which I took the time to put into the firdge as individual plates, not serving platters),  and the kids, on the very rare occasions they do grab food autonomously from the fridge, they get cookies or chips, not leftovers. Okay granted with a lot of kids that actually is more realistic... I'd rather they grabbed leftovers! I can remember snacking on leftovers quite happily as a kid, after all (mmm, leftover chili or spagetti made into jaffles...)
Leftovers are kinda nasty, you know. For one, they've gone all stale and cold. They no longer bleed properly. In my family, we eat our kills on the spot. If there's a lot of it, we eat until we go into a food coma. Then we don't eat at all for a day or two.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2007 March 14, 07:31:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd really like a cold shower option for hot days.

Also, not exactly Seasons related but, I'd like all dogs to be able to attack/chase/growl at burglars, unless they are cowardly dogs. What good are watchdogs if they don't do anything when an intruder shows up?
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2007 March 14, 16:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cowardly dogs will attack, growl and bark at intruders too.  My Bandit is the cowardly dog out of our four, scared silly of kids, but if one comes near her they better watch out!  A scared dog is more likely to bite I think.  She turns into all hackles and growls and barks, and has actually snapped at my nephew for getting too close.  Which is why I keep her away from any kids unless I can trust the kids to sit quietly until she gets used to them. 
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2007 March 14, 16:55:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anybody else experiencing problems with their Sims getting colds? I just moved a new couple into a lot in Springtime, and they start coughing. A few minutes later, the "Alyssa has a cold!" message pops up. They're fine for a while after I cure them with orange juice, but a few minutes later, they start coughing and the message pops up again. This stupid influenza has been driving me nuts.  Angry
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2007 March 15, 03:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had some random sneezing in the spring, with no messages. It was a relief. Although, if it's as hard to kill sims with colds as it's been historically, then I'm not worried.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2007 March 15, 06:18:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had something funny happen.  I was trying to see how long it would take to freeze sims and what would happen.  Well, they froze and I got the message that one of them was sick with a cold and needed to take it easy, etc.  I had free will off and the game on high speed, and I didn't do anything special, but a short while later, I got the message that the sim was healthy again!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2007 March 15, 06:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anybody else experiencing problems with their Sims getting colds? I just moved a new couple into a lot in Springtime, and they start coughing. A few minutes later, the "Alyssa has a cold!" message pops up. They're fine for a while after I cure them with orange juice, but a few minutes later, they start coughing and the message pops up again. This stupid influenza has been driving me nuts.  Angry
I had something funny happen.  I was trying to see how long it would take to freeze sims and what would happen.  Well, they froze and I got the message that one of them was sick with a cold and needed to take it easy, etc.  I had free will off and the game on high speed, and I didn't do anything special, but a short while later, I got the message that the sim was healthy again!
That's the "Spontaneous Plague" at work. Get the Warmth Fixes, it should stop these random events.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2007 March 15, 06:56:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got 'em now, but that was funny to see.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: