More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:21:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?  (Read 193011 times)
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
Re: Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?
« Reply #225 on: 2007 March 07, 14:23:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even with "no baby harassment," I find sims on free will want to feed the baby a bottle even when it's not hungry, because the sim is actually hungry and Maxis thought it was a good idea to advertise to sims that feeding the baby would satisfy their own hunger.  Tongue  So see if your sims are actually hungry themselves when they reach for a baby bottle. 

I never thought of that as a reason for the sims force feeding bottles to babies, but now that you've pointed it out RT, I'll check for this next time I play.

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Stitches
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2007 March 07, 14:58:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I keep having problems with sims not being able to fall in love even with 100/100. One will fall in love, but the other won't.

Stupid sims.

That just sounds like noinstantloves though.  Undecided
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2007 March 07, 15:11:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even with "no baby harassment," I find sims on free will want to feed the baby a bottle even when it's not hungry, because the sim is actually hungry and Maxis thought it was a good idea to advertise to sims that feeding the baby would satisfy their own hunger.  Tongue  So see if your sims are actually hungry themselves when they reach for a baby bottle.

I never thought of that as a reason for the sims force feeding bottles to babies, but now that you've pointed it out RT, I'll check for this next time I play.
Pescado was the one who actually pointed it out awhile back.  I started noticing this too after that.  Also, they will bathe toddlers when they themselves need a shower, and they will talk and play with the baby/toddler when they are the ones that need socializing or fun.  So they aren't as selfless as you think.  Wink
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2007 March 09, 03:15:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll add my vote for a "Become a plantsim" potion of some sort, and to burninate the "Plants Love Me?" behavior.

Also, when playing the Greenman family, I noticed that whenever the adult sims didn't have me telling them what to do they'd default to bathing Daisy whether she needed water or not.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: 2007 March 09, 03:29:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wintermuteai1 at MTS2 already has some kind of object or potion that creates plantsims (I don't remember exactly what the object is, since I don't have Seasons yet and just cursorily glanced at the thread title). You may want to try looking there to see if it's what you had in mind.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2007 March 09, 04:18:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Monique who posts on MTS2 and at InSim has a mod to turn a sim into a plant person and to stop one as well. You can find them both here: http://www.insimenator.net/forumdisplay.php?f=78

What a night for a dance, you know I'm a dancing machine. With the fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene. ~King of Leon
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2007 March 09, 04:35:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She has one that makes plantsims look normal too, if anyone is interested in that.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2007 March 09, 04:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have obviously not read this whole thread, it is much too long so sorry if someone has already mentioned this but I just got Seasons last night and really started playing today.

Water balloon fights + Servos =  Um why did they even allow Servos to have the action to do this?  Meh annoying Servos running amok.
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2007 March 09, 06:16:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah it was already mentioned and you can fix it by stopping auto water balloon fights altogether by using a hack monique  has over at MTS2. Read the following quote from this thread:

There is a nonawesome hack (monique at MTS2) that disables water balloon autonomy.

I think that is just for the water balloon prank, thanks though
Nope, Monique uploaded a new one today: MQ_No_Autonomous_Play_Water_Balloon_Fight_SEASONS.zip

Ok I looked at MTS2 and even Insim where she is also putting her mods and I am not finding it. Could I get an exact link from someone please?

It is under Monique > No Autonomous Hacks linky

What a night for a dance, you know I'm a dancing machine. With the fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene. ~King of Leon
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2007 March 09, 04:50:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are two Seasons-related hacks/mods that I'd love to see. One, something that will tell the maids to put newspapers into the compost bin (if there's one on the lot) instead of the curbside rubbish, and two, something to make normal watering/raking/yardwork count towards a Gardening badge. My gardening sims do seem to find enough "proper" gardening to do to earn their badges in a fairly timely manner, but it just seems odd to me that watering a vine counts towards it, but then turning around to water the flowers right next to it doesn't.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Auntie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2007 March 09, 08:32:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two things:

The waiterfix doesn't work for me anymore since Seasons.

jfade's hot tub hack doesn't seem to be working quite right on community lots.  The sim hops out  of the hot tub, bursts into flames and then runs away unharmed leaving the fire burning behind him.  this fire won't trigger the sprinkler and the fire dept has to be called in.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2007 March 09, 08:47:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are two Seasons-related hacks/mods that I'd love to see. One, something that will tell the maids to put newspapers into the compost bin (if there's one on the lot) instead of the curbside rubbish, and two, something to make normal watering/raking/yardwork count towards a Gardening badge. My gardening sims do seem to find enough "proper" gardening to do to earn their badges in a fairly timely manner, but it just seems odd to me that watering a vine counts towards it, but then turning around to water the flowers right next to it doesn't.

I agree with you. It's also annoying that one form of gardening gives them a huge boost to their fun score, while the other doesn't. The actions aren't really that much different.

jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: 2007 March 09, 10:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

jfade's hot tub hack doesn't seem to be working quite right on community lots.  The sim hops out  of the hot tub, bursts into flames and then runs away unharmed leaving the fire burning behind him.  this fire won't trigger the sprinkler and the fire dept has to be called in.
That's why I labeled it as needing testing. Tongue I haven't had time to play with it in my own game yet, so I wasn't positive that it fixed it. I don't really think I want to make a final version of it now though at this point, considering temperature is basically completely borked anyhow. I'll wait for an awesome version of a temperature fix hack. Smiley

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2007 March 09, 11:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

considering temperature is basically completely borked anyhow. I'll wait for an awesome version of a temperature fix hack. Smiley

In what way is temperature borked?
Auntie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2007 March 09, 13:36:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why I labeled it as needing testing. Tongue I haven't had time to play with it in my own game yet, so I wasn't positive that it fixed it. I don't really think I want to make a final version of it now though at this point, considering temperature is basically completely borked anyhow. I'll wait for an awesome version of a temperature fix hack. Smiley

So that's what testing means!  Really, I think I'll hold on to it for now.  At least my sims aren't dieing all  over the place.
Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2007 March 10, 05:32:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to concur with the composting thing.  Makes getting papers actually worthwhile, but if you don't have your sim get to it before the maid...  (Can't we at least have this in macrotastics?  It's cheap!  We won't have to waste money on fertiliser for the crops!)

"The voices are talking to me again..."
"You're in class, stupid."

Yes, you're in my noun, verbing my noun.  Now, go away, and let me be!
simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2007 March 10, 05:32:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i would love a hack to have a gold gardening badge, and gold fishing badge instantly.
You won't find it here (seeing as hacks made here tend to be the less cheaty sort of hacks), especially seeing as the Badge Juicer in-game has probably been updated to include these options. Open the console (Ctrl+Shift+C), and type in "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true". Hold down shift, and click on any sim. Select "Spawn..." and then the Badge Juicer

When i checked the badge juicer was not updated.
daephene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2007 March 10, 16:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't purchased Seasons yet, but I've been reading here and on the BBS to see what bugs people were having before I make the purchase.  On the BBS there are several complaints of actions dropping out of queue, and of children becoming cold enough for the social worker to arrive after a very short period of time outside.  I figure readers here are a more reliable source, so are these actually common problems?  Is the children's temperature problem caused by hacks as the overheating is believed to be? If these things are going on, and aren't caused by cc, I will avoid buying it until there is either a patch or mod to fix these things.  My large families will be unplayable if I have to play with free will off and micromanage everyone all the time, or play with it on and constantly have to re-assign actions.  And there's no point to snow at all if sims freeze before they even have time to enjoy it.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2007 March 10, 17:51:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing im missing at the moment, is something as basic as a cupboard where i can store my produce. See, the juicer can only hold so many items, and transferring fruits and veggies from one generation of gardeners to the next is quite honestly a royal  pain in the rear...

It can atm either be done by stuffing as much fruit into the jucer as it can hold, then having the other char transfer it out, and repeat ad nauseum till the inventory is empty, or, it can be done as a gift, which means a gazillion mouseclicks, to mark the veggie, click on transfer, mark the next, transfer, mark the next, transfer etc....

A cupboard where you could stuff all your veggies and fruits in, in one go, and take out what you need, would make it so much easier on my poor non gardening sims.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2007 March 10, 21:37:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The badge juicer has been partially updated. You can't increase it, but if you go to ..Set Badge Level, Gardening and Fishing are there.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2007 March 10, 21:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like a mod that makes hungry Sims take leftovers from the fridge before they make a whole new meal. I have never seen autonomous left over taking, not even in child sims.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Jfederated
Asinine Airhead

Necessity is the mother of all eyesores.

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2007 March 10, 22:11:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't purchased Seasons yet, but I've been reading here and on the BBS to see what bugs people were having before I make the purchase.  On the BBS there are several complaints of actions dropping out of queue, and of children becoming cold enough for the social worker to arrive after a very short period of time outside.  I figure readers here are a more reliable source, so are these actually common problems?  Is the children's temperature problem caused by hacks as the overheating is believed to be? If these things are going on, and aren't caused by cc, I will avoid buying it until there is either a patch or mod to fix these things.  My large families will be unplayable if I have to play with free will off and micromanage everyone all the time, or play with it on and constantly have to re-assign actions.  And there's no point to snow at all if sims freeze before they even have time to enjoy it.

Can't speak to the freezing kids problem, tho I've had no issues at all since updating my hacks, but CC is giving me fits, causing dropped actions and stuck sims when I use some of the Seasons deco, and a custom car caused my graphics card to pass out and crashed me to a restart.  Never had a CC problem w/other EPs.  I'm nearly done finding the action drop culprit, and got rid of my CC cars.

I'd also love for sims to take leftovers out autonomously!

Forgotten MATY passwords:  3 and counting.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: 2007 March 10, 22:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ditto to the harvest cabinet. It's annoying as all get out.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2007 March 11, 00:53:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... and of children becoming cold enough for the social worker to arrive after a very short period of time outside.  I figure readers here are a more reliable source, so are these actually common problems?  Is the children's temperature problem caused by hacks as the overheating is believed to be?

Nope, but Paladin over at http://www.simwardrobe.com/ has a hack that prevents the social worker from coming for that reason.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2007 March 11, 02:20:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd also love a Harvest Cabinet of sorts, like they had in Sims 1? Where you could store your veggies? Though it worked more like a fridge, I'd like a place to keep veggies and fruits that isn't the refrigerator.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: