More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 03:16:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  The Benign - 2nd in HOMEs by gethane series
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Benign - 2nd in HOMEs by gethane series  (Read 13534 times)
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
The Benign - 2nd in HOMEs by gethane series
« on: 2007 February 06, 20:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HOME series - Humble Only Maxis Environments

What to do with your sims when they outgrow their starter homes but can't yet afford a luxury home? Buy them a HOME by Gethane!

2nd in series: Benign HOME
Lot: 3x2
Price: $34,991 (Unfurnished version also available for $15,583)
Bedrooms: 2
Bathrooms: 1
Other amenities: basement, driveway, open layout kitchen/dining/living room, space for more outdoors landscaping and career rewards

More pics and download:
The Benign

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
V
Senator

View Profile
Re: The Benign - 2nd in HOMEs by gethane series
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 06, 21:29:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your homes are so pretty they very nearly succeed in tempting me to overturn my personal ban on downloading lots.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 06, 21:37:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh come on. What's the risk? They are maxis only and have no added fat or salt (floors and walls). Just try it. You'll like it. If you don't like it, you can always delete it from your bin. No stray custom content files will remain to clog up your downloads folder.

Your first one's free! Smiley

Gethane Sims
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 06, 22:29:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BACK! Evil Temptress!! Down that road lies addiction and overfull hard drives!!

Cheesy

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 07, 05:44:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin

now THAT I did not expect

Cheesy

Gethane Sims
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 07, 06:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 07, 06:42:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can tell I won't like it already. Just a cursory glance immediately hints with strong probability that this house is not compliant with the Awesome v5 standards. It is therefore non-Awesome. On a price level, your house fails miserably already: It fails to make the 20K line, but fails to significantly improve over a 20K box. Clearly you did not study the award-winning examples of Awesome v4. This lack of Awesomeness sickens me. You have no honor.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 February 07, 07:09:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oo somehow my lovely homes are threatening pescado in some way. Perhaps they are too pretty and make him think thoughts that are less than manly.

*ponders for a moment, then shudders*

Gethane Sims
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 February 07, 07:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

eh.. if it aint a bunker  he doesnt like it.  Tongue  My house functioned great with one or two problems that I fixed... and the terrain did suck but it still was  a great house.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 February 07, 13:46:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was under the impression that the houses in this series were move-up homes, not starters, so it doesn't matter if they go above the §20,000 mark. Am I wrong?

They are both very pretty, btw.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 February 07, 14:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oo somehow my lovely homes are threatening pescado in some way. Perhaps they are too pretty and make him think thoughts that are less than manly.

*ponders for a moment, then shudders*

Don't worry about it. Pescado always moans about my lack of bathrooms Cheesy Ignore the old fart. I do.

gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 February 07, 14:34:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was under the impression that the houses in this series were move-up homes, not starters, so it doesn't matter if they go above the §20,000 mark. Am I wrong?

They are both very pretty, btw.

Thanks!

Exactly Smiley, as the description clearly states, they are for when your sims are growing out of their starters and want something more than just the basics. Prior to this I'd only made homes for upload that were in the 125K and up range. And I needed some houses in the 30-60 range for some sims I have ready to move up now.

I wasn't happy about the 1 bathroom, but a person could easily add a second bathroom in the basement. I didn't because I am trying very hard to get some houses built at different price points. My first was at 40K, my second at 35K.

Gethane Sims
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 February 07, 15:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The logic of moving up to a home that isn't any bigger than your starter box and getting raped in depreciation fees eludes me. Under what circumstances would you find such a thing to be of use? I don't get it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 February 07, 17:40:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never know whether to seriously answer your questions of if they are rhetorical.

Actually, I had a couple requests to build homes that were in a lower price range than the 150Kish ones I had been building. Some people like playing in prettily decorated homes but have no patience and/or skill to do so. I take great care that my houses WORK. You aren't going to have to move chairs, tvs, tables, etc, when you move a sim into my homes. And the gardening is all doable. You aren't going to have to sell off 40 bushes as soon as you move in because the gardener can't reach them and stands there throwing a tantrum. You can move in and start playing. Sometimes decorating is fun, but sometimes you just want to play without entering build mode all the time.

When I move a sim into a starter, I don't buy much, because of depreciation. But a house like affable or benign would be a home a sim could raise a family in. And if its two college graduates we're talking about, both of them ARE starter homes (My sims get married right out of college, usually at their parents' home and so when they go house hunting, they are looking in the 40k range right away).

People have all sorts of play styles. And I'm not offended in the least if you despise my houses, because lots of others really enjoy them.

Or..... disregard entire post above and substitute a tongue sticking out and me blowing you a raspberry.  Tongue Maybe I'll build a pink and pretty bunker and name it after you for Valentine's day  Wink

Gethane Sims
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 February 07, 18:09:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I had a couple requests to build homes that were in a lower price range than the 150Kish ones I had been building. Some people like playing in prettily decorated homes but have no patience and/or skill to do so. I take great care that my houses WORK. You aren't going to have to move chairs, tvs, tables, etc, when you move a sim into my homes.
I find this highly implausible. Just a cursory glance of the EXTERIOR reveals that you've neglected a large number of important factors. For instance, you have done absolutely nothing to counter wolves. The description of your floor plan suggests that there is absolutely zero defense against the Raiders of the Lost Fridge problem, and the house does not appear to even be physically large enough to contain the necessary training facilities for raising a family in. I barely see enough room for a single bedroom, let alone facilities. For 35K furnished, this is way overpriced, as it is possible to produce houses compliant with Awesome v5 for comparable cost and better facilities.

Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 February 07, 18:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh. Just agree with him and then do whatever you feel like. He's as stubborn as an ole mule balking at the back forty. Tongue

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 February 08, 06:46:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gethane Sims
kattenijin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 February 10, 20:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh. Just agree with him and then do whatever you feel like. He's as stubborn as an ole mule balking at the back forty. Tongue

Oh no, not at all, Pescado is *much* more stubborn than the mule! Heck, he's more stubborn than the mule and any 24 of its mule relatives combined! 
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 February 13, 19:17:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's one of the most appropriate descriptions I've ever heard of Pescado. Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: