More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 17, 12:18:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Question for restarting
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Question for restarting  (Read 11445 times)
moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Question for restarting
« Reply #25 on: 2007 February 07, 14:26:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But our own Syberspunk has fixed that with his 'Grow up townies' hack (http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,4842.0.html), so now I have a way to age the ones I want to and eventually have new townies come up behind them.

This sounds interesting.  Went to the thread but it doesn't say it works with pets.  Does anyone know if that's just an oversight, or does it still not work for pets?

1. I am a Mac person so DO NOT refer me to Simpe!!!!
2. English is NOT my first language so please forgive any mistakes.
3. My dog loves to eat chicken shit.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 February 07, 18:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind townies, and some of them do make decent looking kids.  The only thing that gets me after a while is the townies never growing up -- it gets silly when three generations have the same teen as their first kiss.  Roll Eyes  But our own Syberspunk has fixed that with his 'Grow up townies' hack (http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,4842.0.html), so now I have a way to age the ones I want to and eventually have new townies come up behind them.

I forgot about this! I should use this. It sounds fun.

It's awesome.  I have my kids ask their best Townie kid friend to Grow Up at their teen birthday party.  I figure they'll go to Uni together eventually...
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 February 07, 20:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have any problem at all allowing my playables to breed with any townies, ugly or otherwise.

If playables get two or three bolts with an ugly townie (or playable sim for that matter) then so be it, I let them marry have kids, the whole thing.

The way I played my old hood was to only let the good looking sims breed and yeah, it became boring  having to hand pick who was going to marry who rather than let them 'pick' for themselves. A 'beautiful' hood was a a bit of a yawn.

Imo, having all types in the hood makes for a far more interesting and enjoyable game.

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 February 07, 20:43:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind townies existing in the neighborhood, especially since I spent hours creating my own facial templates replacements, but the more you breed with townies the larger the neighborhood gets. For me, they're there to be customers and friends and lovers. That's it. Of course, every once in a while the game manages to generate a particularly good combo of looks, skills, and personality, and then I will make an exception.

Fail.
rosenshyne
Dimwitted Dunce

I/ENFJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2007 February 07, 20:45:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only allow three bolt couples to marry, and so far they've all been townies. Not such a bad thing, I switch out template sets from time to time for variety, and the truly hideous are moved in as nannies with no breeding potential. Townies that are only moderately unattractive are fair game. Still, it's interesting how much better most of the original townies look if you take the time to make them over.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 February 08, 06:13:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sounds interesting.  Went to the thread but it doesn't say it works with pets.  Does anyone know if that's just an oversight, or does it still not work for pets?

Yes, it works fine with pets.  According to this thread here, no update was needed: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,5949.0.html

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
doren
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 February 11, 23:07:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep wondering why none of the various modders/hackers have ever come up with a program that has a similar function to SimEnhancer when it comes to replacing townies. I really missed this program when it wasn't updated for such a long time.
I do like the townies in my game, I just don't like that some of them are such monstrosities. I usually try to keep the general style of any townie I want to replace, then I create  replacements in body shop and turn them into a family, which I keep in the family bin. Afterwards I clone whatever feature I want (usually, just the looks and the DNA) onto the existing townie with SimEnhancer and delete the family from the bin.
They keep all their relationships, their aspiration points, their job. They are just like before (unless I don't want that), only that they look much better than before and there will be no surprise when they have offspring.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: