More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 22:23:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 48 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION  (Read 1112630 times)
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
Re: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
« Reply #200 on: 2005 December 13, 20:55:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this is the nuclear war edition, what would you call the next update?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2005 December 13, 21:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Star Wars!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2005 December 15, 03:39:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ooooh...

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2005 December 30, 13:03:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM, I've been noticing a lot of problems with the "Upgrade Pre-University Sim" option on the debugger.  I don't know whether the same problem occurs with TJ's Want Slot and Personal Electronics Tree, as I usually use the debugger for this purpose.

What happens is, when I move a sim who has been upgraded out of a house, and into the bin, then into a new house, there seems to always be a problem firstly with moving the sim into the new house.  Game freezes and I have to exit the hard way via Windows, then when I get back into the game, the sim is in the house, so I try to enter the house and the sim is stuck there with the want slots rolling round like crazy, and the additional slots either missing or blank.  I found that I can delete the sim, save and exit, then re-enter the lot and the sim is fine, but it's becoming a real chore moving any sims to new houses!

I don't know if this is specifically a debugger problem, or if it is simply a problem related generally to the extra want slots as I know some people have had similiar problems with graduates, but I did wonder if there was some way the debugger could be adapted to fix the problem.

Zephyr Zodiac
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2005 December 30, 13:19:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this:
  • Before you move your sim out, quit to the neighbourhood screen.
  • Enter the lot you want to move your sim into in build mode.
  • Make a minor change, like buying a light, and save.
  • Move your sim into the lot.
That should fix some of the 6 want slot broken-ness issues...

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2005 December 30, 13:27:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, but I don't think this is what causes the problem, the lot is a newly built one which works fine except when the sim has extra want slots. I don't think the problem is due to the debugger, but to an error in the game coding, which is why I wondered if there was a way of fixing it.

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2005 December 30, 15:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To quote TreyNutz's signature, "Just coincidence but it works" Grin, at least to a certain extent. I haven't run into the problem of missing (post-Uni upgraded) want slots when I move sims into a new house that I built, but there were many times I have a lot get stuck on loading screen and I had to do a force quit, or the lot would load but the sim just stood there frozen with spinning wants slots. Now, I visit the lots I'm going to move my sims into right before move-in, even if I had entered it before to 'update' it, and I haven't run into the same problem again.

Sometimes, I would enter those empty lots to make some modifications, pageup/pagedown move around with the arrow keys on the keyboard or use edge-scrolling to look around but then changed my mind, and when I hit F5 to go into neighbourhood view, the game asks if I want to save changes and I go, "but I have't done anything!", but ok, I chose to save. It doesn't happen with every lot but that's why I'm zealous about visiting a lot before I move any sim in Undecided.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2005 December 30, 15:23:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'll try it, since two people have recommended it, but I still wish it didn't happen!

Well, it did work, as you said it would, but I've had it happen in the past in a house I'd only just finished building before trying to move the family in.  So there is definitely something, I think, that isn't working properly in the game coding (well, does anything in the game coding work properly?)  And it's so annoying to have to mess about entering a lot first - I don't mind with old lots which would be fubared if I didn't, but in this case the lot is fine, once the sim is finally installed, the lot has no problems, so I just get soooo irritated!
« Last Edit: 2005 December 31, 02:20:02 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2005 December 31, 17:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had that exact thing happen a good many times too, so I will be trying that also. Move Sims into a new house (or out of their old one and back in) and they show up frozen with spinning wants... A pain to visit the house first, yes, but I prefer it to trying to fix all those empty want slots! It happens with the kids too, so I don't think it's totally to do with the extra slots...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2005 December 31, 18:57:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had it happen with kids, but you don't surprise me!  The first time it happened I thought it was stuff in the Inventory, as it's only ever happened to me post NL, but I think now that they somehow messed up the coding and just hope that someone will come up with a fix!

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: 2006 January 03, 21:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just noticed there is a new version of the file dated 3 Jan 3k bigger than the old one.  The rtfm is the old one.  What has changed?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2006 January 03, 22:41:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't be sure, but I think there's a fix for stuck flaming bags of poo in it, and possibly a "clear all stuck objects" feature.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2006 January 03, 22:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's an option for testing sims' IQ and giving them the stuck smart milk (make me smart) or unsticking it (make me stupid).  There's also something that will force errors, but you shouldn't use that if you don't know what it is, and you should never use it with debug mode enabled.
« Last Edit: 2006 January 03, 23:30:37 by rainbow » Logged
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2006 January 05, 14:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having an odd problem, and I don't know if it's strictly related to the debugger, or if it's a hack conflict.  I have both EPs, and if I put the debugger object on a lot, the 'woohoo' menu text changes to some odd text about setting the object sim to a portal on the lot.  It especially seems to happen if the resident Sim on the lot is about to woohoo with a NPC visitor, or even a former NPC that's now playable (and may even live on the lot).  I don't think it happens with two CAS sims, or with sims that were born in the game.  It's not a really big problem, since only the menu text changes -- clicking on the odd item still results in a good ol' woohoo. But it took me a couple of attempts (after saving before using the 'new' option) to figure out that that's what was happening.

Anyone else ever encounter this?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2006 January 05, 18:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figured it out -- it's a minor conflict between the debugger and the 'safe woohoo' menu that InTeenimator shows when you turn birth control on.  I discovered it when I pulled up the woohoo menu to see if a sim was actively using birth control, and when I turned her bc off, the woohoo menu went back to normal.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2006 January 06, 18:02:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea how in the world this "Inteenimator" can conflict with a self-contained object, but I see this as further proof of it's NON-AWESOMENESS.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2006 January 07, 00:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea how in the world this "Inteenimator" can conflict with a self-contained object

That's because it can't.  The "Safe Woohoo" menus are attached to the bed/hottub/booth semi-globals.  This person has a conflict, but it isn't with this mod.  I use the lot debugger in my own game and have never once experienced this.

Non-Awesomely Yours,

J

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2006 January 07, 10:20:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because it can't.  The "Safe Woohoo" menus are attached to the bed/hottub/booth semi-globals.
Well, that would have been my thought also, but with the amount of stuff I've heard go wrong that has been concretely blamed upon this "Inteenimator", at this point I'd believe it if somebody claimed it caused the death of Christ.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2006 January 07, 10:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM, perhaps you should check this mod out in your game and give us your awesome opinion!  Or would you be risking a BFBVFS?

Zephyr Zodiac
jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2006 January 07, 15:33:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because it can't.  The "Safe Woohoo" menus are attached to the bed/hottub/booth semi-globals.
Well, that would have been my thought also, but with the amount of stuff I've heard go wrong that has been concretely blamed upon this "Inteenimator",

The only concrete here is that stored up in the brains of those who are either too stupid or too lazy to read.  It is always the same class of idiot who mindlessly throws mods willy-nilly into their game without any forethought whatsoever about compatibility or even if it is certified for use with their EP.  These people aren't even aware of WHAT is in their game (do you have any idea how many people I come across who have all twenty editions of InSim installed in their game, along side every flavor of InTeen, S2L teen woohoo, and Jenflower's teen woohoo?  whose fault is this?).  These are the types who naively assume that the only thing InTeen does is strap a fat belly on their teenagers because someone from Tender Teens BBS said, "Dude, just go get this mod so your teenagers can screw the neighbor."  They don't even read the friggin' feature list to see what it is they are downloading!  They are the same idiots who praise nothing but complain loudly at the first sign of trouble without ever having done a damn thing to research the problem or help themselves.  In fact, I believe they are incapable of this act.  They lack the mental fortitude of doing so and simply exist from one moment to the next by suckling the teat of those who will.  The questions are always the same, as are the answers.  InTeen ships with a small book containing a wealth of information containing answers to the most commonly asked questions (answers that are often reiterated many times throughout).  Yet, no matter how many times you may lead the horse to water, there will always be those who will never drink.  It is easier to curse the darkness than change the lightbulb.  These witty folk also score remarkably high in deductive reasoning such as, "My toaster pastries won't cook.  Must be InSim/Teen.  All my sims have blue underwear.  Must be InSim/Teen.  My elders can't get pregnant when mating with the mailbox.  Must be InSim/Teen."  These peasants deserve to have their game reduced to rubble and ashes.  And good riddance.  InTeen is among the most heavily tested mod out there, having had a small army of testers hammering at it in a structured QA environment for several months straight.  Many are well-recognized members of this community - many of whom frequent this board and run a veritable treasure chest of mods - including those from this site - most without conflict.  While doubtless there are bugs, the % of actual confirmable bugs reported in the last few months is comparitively remote.  Almost always, solutions exist, but people are just too damn lazy to find them.  If you examine those for whom InTeen works flawlessly, you will discover one common attribute: they RTFM.  Lastly, it is a simple matter of statistical probability.  Inevitably, whenever you have a large mod - which is admittedly quite broad in scope - with a large install base, you will have a proportionate volume of flotsam rising to the surface (an amazing feat for those whose heads are packed full of concrete).  There is always some measure of risk you assume when installing a global mod into your game - even greater when you consider the breadth of functionality supplied by InTeen.  If one is unprepared to take upon themselves that risk and do a little legwork and light reading (Mother of God, at least read the feature list!): then "just say no", and go divest what little brain power one has in a game of Yahtzee instead.

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
...at this point I'd believe it if somebody claimed it caused the death of Christ.
It didn't?
« Last Edit: 2006 January 07, 15:55:51 by jase » Logged

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2006 January 07, 20:10:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<XXI. RESPAWN TOMBSTONE (debug mode only) (experimental) (NL)
     Regenerates a tombstone for a dead sim. Note that the dead sim must be
     the selected sim, which means you must spawn him somehow, then make
     him selectable and choose this command.>

I tried this and itr worked well. 

Use simlogical teleporter to get ghost on lot. 

Pause game.

Use Merola's Mind Control Mirror to select ghost.

Go into debug mode and shift click on debugger.

Sim will disappear leaving behind urn.
seventhson
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2006 January 08, 07:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"My elders can't get pregnant when mating with the mailbox.  Must be InSim/Teen."

Cheesy Brilliant rant, Jase, but that was the best bit.

I just tested the woohoo menu + Debugger with birth control on, and nothing's weird in my game...
Alie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2006 January 08, 14:04:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They lack the mental fortitude of doing so and simply exist from one moment to the next by suckling the teat of those who will.

I might hazard a guess that because of your subject matter, a lot of the people downloading it are underage and thus may be far more annoying than would otherwise be the case.  For some reason there's nothing quite like an annoying preteen/teenager to make me, at least, want to go on a homicidal rampage.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2006 January 08, 14:12:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, my question is about the randomizer.  At what point in the pregnancy process does this need to be activated to work?  At the onset of labor?  I saved a few hours before my sim was scheduled to give birth, used the randomizer and actually quit the game for the night.  When I restarted the next day, she gave birth to a child identical to the first (same zodiac, and personality points, etc).  I changed the child in SimPE, but would like to not have to.  So when should I save and use the randomizer to randomize offspring?

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2006 January 08, 15:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, my question is about the randomizer.  At what point in the pregnancy process does this need to be activated to work?  At the onset of labor?  I saved a few hours before my sim was scheduled to give birth, used the randomizer and actually quit the game for the night.  When I restarted the next day, she gave birth to a child identical to the first (same zodiac, and personality points, etc).  I changed the child in SimPE, but would like to not have to.  So when should I save and use the randomizer to randomize offspring?

C
Any time before the "new family member on the way" popup. The problem in your case was that you quit playing, therefore resetting the Sim generator to the default personality.
« Last Edit: 2006 January 08, 16:04:47 by Venusy » Logged

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: