More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:29:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 48 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION  (Read 1100370 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
« Reply #150 on: 2005 December 01, 00:53:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would this be a convenient way to cut parties if they're not going well or some disaster strikes and you just want to get shot of the lot of them, or should it be used with caution?
It's possible to do that, but I'm not sure what would happen if you did.

How can you tell if a visitor has stuck motives?
If this option appears, then a guest sim has static motive lock on.

Are the ‘haunted emitters' something left by ghosts or do they sometimes randomly happen?
They're usually ghost-related. You'll know the possibility exists when the option appears at all, generally when sims start freaking out at bowls of cereal and lights.

Is that when they walk with shoulders back, arms wide and kind of leading with their hips? When they're cock-o-the-walk and heading in for a romantic interaction.
No, I'm talking about the obscure condition when they seem to ice skate across the ground without animating at all. This one's experimental and I wouldn't use it at random.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2005 December 01, 02:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A couple of things to report regarding my experiences with the newest Lot Debugger:

1) Sims that I allow to transition directly from Teen to Adult & then upgrade with the Debugger don't seem to get Uni career opportunities with either the paper or PC, though they get the Want slots & locks.

2) I have a Uni graduate sim who freezes (no cab, no age transition) after selecting the Move Back to Pleasantview option. I nuke the controller with the Debugger, but get the same result when I have her call to move home again. Also tried TwoJeff's version of this function, with the same results. A taxi does come to the lot if you just call for transportation, so I don't think it's a portal issue. Any advice on how to get her home safely if these fixes don't work?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2005 December 01, 04:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the answers JM.

How can you tell if a visitor has stuck motives?
If this option appears, then a guest sim has static motive lock on.

OK. I'm sorry, I still don't quite understand what a static motive lock is. Is it the sim's needs i.e. food / bladder etc that are affected or is it that green filling bar next to their job details?

Another question, I seem to have acquired a ghost of a townie after using the phone to resurrect the nanny. The lot debugger does not give me the option to get rid of any haunting emitters. Does that mean the ghost itself is not an emitter? I have no gravestone for this ghost.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2005 December 01, 05:34:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motives are the sims needs, such as hunger, bladder, etc.  You know, stuff that motivates the sim to eat and use the potty or find fun stuff to do. Wink

About the ghost, I think this will only appear when the ghost is haunting or something has gotten stuck.  If you have no tombstone, then you shouldn't have a ghost.  So it is normal for you not to have anything related to it on your lot debugger.  If you had it and no ghost was actively haunting, then this would allow you to get rid of those stuck emitters.  Which, as JM said, you'd notice something strange by sims being frightened of certain objects.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2005 December 01, 08:02:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheers Rainbow. I always think of those food / bladder things as needs, now it makes sense.

I might try resurrecting the townie to get rid of his ghost then. I didn't even know a townie died or how.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2005 December 01, 08:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I misunderstood.  You mean you have a ghost even after deleting the tombstone?  That is weird.  Deleting the tombstone/urn is supposed to get rid of the ghost.

EDIT:  I went back and re-read your previous post and saw what you said about using the phone to resurrect the nanny.  That is really weird, if it resurrected the nanny and you got a ghost as a bonus!  Wonder how that happened?  Maybe your idea will work though.  Back up your neighborhood just in case...and try and see what happens. Smiley  Good luck!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2005 December 01, 11:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a sim have a baby so I could call a nanny. Then I moved her in and killed her - death by flies. I used 2J's rewards collection to place a resurrect-o-nomitron. When my sim called Death, here were two sims I could resurrect. The nanny and a townie, Oscar Wilde, I didn't know had died. I selected the nanny. She came back as a zombie. That night I saw the ghost of Oscar Wilde (You have no idea how odd it feels to write that!). He has just been hanging round and haunting since.  Huh

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2005 December 01, 18:41:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A couple of things to report regarding my experiences with the newest Lot Debugger:

1) Sims that I allow to transition directly from Teen to Adult & then upgrade with the Debugger don't seem to get Uni career opportunities with either the paper or PC, though they get the Want slots & locks.
Upgrade Pre-Uni Sims is supposed to only give the want slots and locks, not give access to the careers. Unless your Sim goes through Uni, or you cheat somehow, you're not going to get your Sims into the Uni careers.
« Last Edit: 2005 December 01, 18:58:41 by Venusy » Logged

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2005 December 01, 19:23:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Upgrade Pre-Uni Sims is supposed to only give the want slots and locks, not give access to the careers. Unless your Sim goes through Uni, or you cheat somehow, you're not going to get your Sims into the Uni careers.

Not true for me. I have boh EPs, I use lot debugger, I upgrade a sim to 6 wants slots etc and all the careers are available.

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2005 December 01, 19:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not true for me. I have boh EPs, I use lot debugger, I upgrade a sim to 6 wants slots etc and all the careers are available.
Really? I've never been able to access the post-Uni careers by upgrading pre-Uni Sims. Maybe my game is just weird.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2005 December 02, 04:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? I've never been able to access the post-Uni careers by upgrading pre-Uni Sims. Maybe my game is just weird.

Well, if so, then mine is too - I've never been able to access post-Uni careers for CAS adults either.

Zephyr Zodiac
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2005 December 02, 06:34:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps I should clarify my question: I did not mean that they would have options for uni careers, but that they could receive the extra want slots and locks.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2005 December 02, 06:42:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would think that the answer would be, no, since presumably the whole coding for gaining these extra slots would not be available.

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2005 December 02, 06:49:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps I should clarify my question: I did not mean that they would have options for uni careers, but that they could receive the extra want slots and locks.
Do you have the option to do so?  I wouldn't think this option would even show up on games that don't have Uni installed.  If you do have it, try it and see what happens.  I don't think it will work though, because this is a Uni feature.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2005 December 02, 06:56:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The option isn't available if Uni isn't installed in your game, since this also enables the "Graduated Uni" flag, which would wig out if you tried to enable it without having the Uni resources (getting a Uni job with missing uniforms, for instance).

However, in theory, the extra slots and locks would show up, if you used the Jeffian College Adjuster to do it, which may not perform safety checking.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2005 December 02, 20:52:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2) I have a Uni graduate sim who freezes (no cab, no age transition) after selecting the Move Back to Pleasantview option. I nuke the controller with the Debugger, but get the same result when I have her call to move home again. Also tried TwoJeff's version of this function, with the same results. A taxi does come to the lot if you just call for transportation, so I don't think it's a portal issue. Any advice on how to get her home safely if these fixes don't work?

Move her to the family bin in the uni neighborhood and into a small, empty lot. She may be able to move out now - sometimes the dorms and uni houses go funny and after the first sim or two in a batch moves out the rest are stuck.

jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2005 December 03, 21:51:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I ended up doing with the sim who couldn't move out was basically what you suggested, Renatus. I sent her & her niece (who was in the same dorm) to a community lot on campus & had her call to move home from there, then sent her niece back to the dorm so the game would save. That stuck her in the Uni Neighborhood bin. I couldn't just move her out to the bin from the dorm because a message kept coming up that someone was already trying to move, even after nuking the stuck controller. From the bin I sent her to one of the Maxis-made sim-occupied off-campus Uni houses (to save her the rent cost of an empty lot), and then moved her to Pleasantview from there. Most annoying, but it got the job done!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2005 December 03, 22:21:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem with Beau Broke and used TJs fixes to get him back to Pleasantview.  I then moved them out of the game as they do seem to affect the ability of sims to moved out in the main hood.

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2005 December 04, 05:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I notice this today.  If I use the "RERANDOMIZE SIM GENERATOR" function my Sim will always give birth to the same gender of baby no matter how many times I reload the lot.  If I don't use it my Sim can have either a baby male or female Sim or twins with different genders. 

What I did is use it for a Sim that was about to give birth to twins, I reloaded the lot ten times and she always add twins boys.  I quit the game, reload it and did not use that feature and she had a boy and a girl.  Huh  It is not the 1st time I had this happen and I was trying to found out how come I could not have another gender when I reloaded a lot like I use too.  It is actually the 3rd time this happened and that I notice it.

How come by using this feature it determine the gender of the future babies?

Here is a list of all the mods/hacks I have in my game in case some could conflict with each other:

Adbductions higher odds (TJ)
Age transitionfixes (TJ)
CBOy clothing event fix
CBoy furiouswalkby fix
CBoy lessautonimous fighting
CBoy Nocommlotfoodserve
CBoy normalclothespackage
CBoy Sectionalsofafix
Collegeadjuster (TJ)
FFsdebugger (latest version but it was the same with the prior version for Nightlife)
GoSteadycriticalfix (TJ)
hygienebugfix
Merola Multi-painting
moveoutbugfix
NL- schoolbus-bring friend (TJ)
NL - Handheld&MP3noautonomy (TJ)
Noeatcrap (NL version)
Noforcewatchfight
Nowhatthis
phonehack (latest version)
toddlerplaywithtoiletfix (TJ)
vampirefixes

EDIT:  The most odd thing is that eventhough I did not use the rerandomize feature and it was the 1st birth in the game (and I did not created dummy Sims), I had 1 taurus and 1 aquarius Sim (the father is a taurus and the mother is a an aries).  Was something fix in Nightlife that we are not aware of? 
« Last Edit: 2005 December 04, 06:04:39 by MissDoh » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2005 December 04, 06:06:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I notice this today.  If I use the "RERANDOMIZE SIM GENERATOR" function my Sim will always give birth to the same gender of baby no matter how many times I reload the lot.  If I don't use it my Sim can have either a baby male or female Sim or twins with different genders.
Coincidence. There's no way this would have an effect on the outcome.

EDIT:  The most odd thing is that eventhough I did not use the rerandomize feature and it was the 1st birth in the game (and I did not created dummy Sims), I had 1 taurus and 1 aquarius Sim (the father is a taurus and the mother is a an aries).  Was something fix in Nightlife that we are not aware of?
The astrology you'd get from a baby is altered by the input parents. However, you'll always get the same output for a first birth, unless you have twins, in which case you'll get the first and second outcomes in the sequence.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2005 December 04, 07:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The astrology you'd get from a baby is altered by the input parents. However, you'll always get the same output for a first birth, unless you have twins, in which case you'll get the first and second outcomes in the sequence.
[/quote]

But aren't the 1st born always an aries?  How come none of them is an aries? I am completely confused here please explain more.

I will push my study further though in regards of if it was pure coincidence that I could not change the gender or not and let you know.  The same gender problem did happen to Sims that were having single baby and the first time it happened I reloaded the lot around 20 times, I wanted to have a girl but the game would simply not give me one even after 20 reload without quitting of the same lot.  Could it be one of the other mods I have that is doing that?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2005 December 04, 07:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But aren't the 1st born always an aries?  How come none of them is an aries? I am completely confused here please explain more.
The first sim generated in CAS (no input seeds) will be an Aries, because a sim generated under those conditions has null parents. A sim generated with parents as the input will produce a different output that will still always be identical for those particular parents. If you have not generated any sims, the generator will still be on the first output in the sequence, so you'll keep getting that first-output over and over. The exact output will change with different input sims, so will not always be Aries if you are breeding them, but if you quit the game and restart it, and have another baby from those two that spawns right after, it will be identical in personality to the first.

I will push my study further though in regards of if it was pure coincidence that I could not change the gender or not and let you know.  The same gender problem did happen to Sims that were having single baby and the first time it happened I reloaded the lot around 20 times, I wanted to have a girl but the game would simply not give me one even after 20 reload without quitting of the same lot.  Could it be one of the other mods I have that is doing that?
No, no mod can alter the gender of the baby. Believe me, we've tried! For some sadistic reason, Maxis completely forbids any attempt to affect this by hardcode. One thing that CAN affect output is if you save too close to the birth. Saving too close to the birth can lock the outcome in stone for some reason, perhaps also related to the random generation sequence.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2005 December 04, 13:20:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed some odd things in this respect, relating to twins.  Darleen Dreamer was in the process of giving birth to twins when the first one gor stuck in midflight (see my post on this) and eventually I had to quit without saving and reload the lot.  The twins would have been boys, but this time Darleen had one baby successfully, and it was a girl.

However, Kiernan Tricou (who changed aspirations to Knowledge) wanted, of course, to stargaze, so since they were well off, I bought him the expensive telescope (which in my game is the always abduct one) and he got abducted, of course, and pregnant, of course.  He then went straight back to the telescope before I could stop him, and got abducted again.

Anyway, when he came to have his babies, they were twin girls, and the first one got stuck and unclickable after he put her on the floor, went and had a bath, had a meal, drank espresso and goodness knows what else while the poor babies needs were dropping and dropping, and I couldn't access buy mode to even attempt to put the poor thing in a crib.  In the end I decided the game has basically locked up, even though Kiernan and co were all busy doing stuff, so I quit without saving.  I then decided to move Kiernan and Nylissit out and try again on another lot, moved them to my custom hood Laketown, and this time everything went perfectly, and Kiernan had his twins and they were still girls.

It's odd that in one case, the twins were lost, and in the other they weren't - maybe if Darleen had moved house she would have kept hers!

Zephyr Zodiac
dmchess
Corpulent Cretin

Zim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: 2005 December 06, 14:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the Lot Debugger do anything about a corrupt nanny controller (assuming such a thing is possible)?

On one lot of mine the nanny never shows up when she's supposed to but does seem to appear reliably at half an hour after midnight and sometimes randomly at other times, and when the resident adult calls the nanny service to cancel the contract, the options that come up are the ones that offer to make the contract in the first place (i.e. the phone doesn't think they have an arrangement at all).  I'm hoping the behavior will stop once the kid is a teen (just another couple days now), but I'm not confident.  *8)

(This is the same lot where the outgoing carpool and school bus doesn't drive away, but just sits there until the end of the hour and then vanishes; don't know if that could be related.)

DC
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2005 December 06, 14:49:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds like you have a portal problem.  Have you tried Crammyboy's portal fix?

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: