More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:55:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION  (Read 1100596 times)
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
« Reply #1150 on: 2009 April 30, 20:48:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Baaaa!  Will try that.

Tribulatio proxima est
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1151 on: 2009 May 01, 01:01:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If there's a snapdragon right next to the bed, do they actually ever need to get out of it?   Tongue

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: 2009 May 01, 01:41:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not sure, but I know if a sim is stuck in a bed with no way to get out, they cannot die of most deaths including fire. I don't even think they would even need snapdragons, because you can't go into any failure state on said bed (except maybe hygiene). It would be a miserable existence, but they would not die of starvation.

Just another way to torture any unwanted townies...
« Last Edit: 2009 May 02, 01:17:19 by parrot » Logged

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1153 on: 2009 May 01, 01:56:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I think I heard about using that strategy to trap the nanny on the lot so could leave while there were children at home - lure the nanny into the bed and then surround it with walls, and the social worker never comes at that point, apparently not even if you starve your spawn.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: 2009 May 01, 07:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A nanny on the lot suppresses the SS from ever coming, yes. If you lock a nanny into a bed, the nanny can never leave since control is never returned to the nanny until it can leave the bed, so the SS will never come. The presence of enough mixed snapdragons will keep the nanny from ever desiring to even LEAVE the bed, as an "Evil" snapdragon will periodically deplete its energy while the "good" ones refill all the other motives lost to decay and the evil snapdragons, creating a permanent Sleeping Beauty nanny.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: 2009 May 01, 08:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is diabolically clever.

*witch sweeps a bow

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: 2009 May 01, 13:18:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If there's a snapdragon right next to the bed, do they actually ever need to get out of it?   Tongue

The point is not whether the bloody creatures NEED to actually leave the bed.  The point is my need to torture them in interesting ways, which requires that they occasionally be able to go to places where there is better potential for lulz.  The fact that I occasionally reward them by allowing them to sleep or woohoo is not to be construed as my personal desire to have the nitwits lying around in bed all day, especially when they lie there and complain about it.

Tribulatio proxima est
Darby
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: 2009 May 02, 17:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A nanny on the lot suppresses the SS from ever coming, yes. If you lock a nanny into a bed, the nanny can never leave since control is never returned to the nanny until it can leave the bed, so the SS will never come. The presence of enough mixed snapdragons will keep the nanny from ever desiring to even LEAVE the bed, as an "Evil" snapdragon will periodically deplete its energy while the "good" ones refill all the other motives lost to decay and the evil snapdragons, creating a permanent Sleeping Beauty nanny.

That is quite the brilliant and chuckle-inducing idea!   Cheesy  What happens to the nanny's van, though?  Any borkage potential here? 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: 2009 May 02, 22:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no nanny van. Nanny vans only appear to pick up and drop off the nanny, they don't hang around while the Nanny is there.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Darby
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: 2009 May 03, 00:36:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh duh.  I use nannies so rarely, I forgot.   Tongue
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: 2009 May 08, 15:13:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... The presence of enough mixed snapdragons will keep the nanny from ever desiring to even LEAVE the bed, as an "Evil" snapdragon will periodically deplete its energy while the "good" ones refill all the other motives lost to decay and the evil snapdragons, creating a permanent Sleeping Beauty nanny.

I really should come around here more often.

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
lot debugger
« Reply #1161 on: 2009 May 11, 01:02:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi,  yes Suinge said that you had a witch alignment in your new lot debugger but when I read it,  it did not say anything about the witch alignment.  I sure would like to have that.   thanks   Kiss
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: lot debugger
« Reply #1162 on: 2009 May 11, 01:42:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's there: Make Me.../Witch.../Good, etc. If your sim is already a witch, you can still access the function for alignment-shifting by shiftclicking.

Exiled
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: 2009 May 15, 05:16:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure I used the Pre-Uni Upgrade option on Peter Ottomas, but at some point, he reverted back to four wants, and I didn't get the PUU option on him again.  I used Twojeff's Sim Blender to readd the want locks manually, but is this a sign that the neighborhood is slowly becoming unplayable?

On an somewhat-related note, I didn't know about the corruption of Samantha's twins and let them be born.  Would killing them do the trick, or do I need to do Deleted 2 on them?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: 2009 May 15, 07:08:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure I used the Pre-Uni Upgrade option on Peter Ottomas, but at some point, he reverted back to four wants, and I didn't get the PUU option on him again.  I used Twojeff's Sim Blender to readd the want locks manually, but is this a sign that the neighborhood is slowly becoming unplayable?
If this happens, then you need to use "Fix Want Slots And Locks", which will correct issues of inconsistencies in want slots. Upgrade PreUni is only for assigning a sim's uni attributes.

FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
Re: lot debugger
« Reply #1165 on: 2009 May 21, 02:57:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know you're busy with the latest botchery but, if you don't mind, could you please add an option to Nuke those damned butterflies and fireflies?  I don't know how many times they've interfered while I was trying to build an addition.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: 2009 May 21, 15:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a Stuck Object Remover for that.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1167 on: 2009 June 20, 07:12:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you use the randomiser, you get a message saying the batbox is fixing or deleting things as it exits to the 'hood screen.  What is it doing?  Is it fixing problem on the lot or in the 'hood?  What is happening when you run it several times in succession and get more fixes the second time than the first?  Recent experience on a lot had 5,23,8,26,18 fixes (numbers not all exact btw).

I also notice that "delete gossip from dead" is still an available option after I've done it once.  It isn't an option that is always there, so I'd have thought one click should eliminate the problem.  (no dead sims on the lot, so it's not new gossip)

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: 2009 June 20, 07:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you use the randomiser, you get a message saying the batbox is fixing or deleting things as it exits to the 'hood screen.  What is it doing?  Is it fixing problem on the lot or in the 'hood?  What is happening when you run it several times in succession and get more fixes the second time than the first?  Recent experience on a lot had 5,23,8,26,18 fixes (numbers not all exact btw).
The randomizer's "message" just indicates the random number it advances the sequence by. There is no pattern to it, every time you run it, it will basically generate X sims, where X is the number reportedly fixed, then discard the results by quitting without saving. The generator, however, remains advanced and will therefore not be locked in the first spot of the sequence.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1169 on: 2009 June 20, 07:42:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And all this time I thought it was fixing buggy things as well as randomising.  well duh!

How about the gossip thing? Why doesn't the option disappear after it's been clicked once?

PS - my PC won't run sims3 & I'm not sure I want it either, so I'm hoping you're not giving up on Sims2

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: 2009 June 20, 10:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about the gossip thing? Why doesn't the option disappear after it's been clicked once?
Because detecting whether or not gossip exists to be deleted somewhere in the neighborhood is computationally expensive and risks overrunning the allowed instruction count. This is also why it is not an "instant" action, and instead must be queued.

PS - my PC won't run sims3 & I'm not sure I want it either, so I'm hoping you're not giving up on Sims2
Well, not giving up. There will be more Awesomeland yet. But a PC that runs TS2 should be able to run TS3 better, as TS3 is more stripped and has less stuff.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1171 on: 2009 June 20, 11:11:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK - so the fact the button shows says there is a problem, but the fact that it reappears sometimes means it didn't get fixed because of time constraints.  Is that it?

I have an oldstyle PCI graphics card which is dealbreaker for Sims3 I believe.  So it's new PC time later this year.  Son half-promised to build me one out of his & his cousin's leftovers. 

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: 2009 June 20, 11:17:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an oldstyle PCI graphics card which is dealbreaker for Sims3 I believe.  So it's new PC time later this year.  Son half-promised to build me one out of his & his cousin's leftovers. 

I am running TS3 on an oldstyle PCI graphics card (ATI Radeon 9550).  Yes, all graphic settings are on minimum.  Some advice: save early, save often, and remember you can rename your backup if your save game gets corrupted.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1173 on: 2009 June 20, 11:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe your card is better than mine.  I've got a radeon 9250 (one of the PCI ones) which is definitely under minimum spec if I'm reading the list right. I'm still not really tempted though.  Minimum graphics sucks for a game that's main selling point is lookinga nd playing better than the old one.  Then there's securom.  I decided I'd vote the effective way on EA's copy protection stance and not buy Sims 3.  I plan on holding out longer than a few months...

pandora
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: 2009 October 22, 14:56:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi,

I have a problem after using the lot debugger. I turned my sim into a witch. Now I want to visit the magic lot, but there were suddenly 8 magic castles and all lots are empty when one visits them Sad What am I to do now?
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: