More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:08:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 48 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION  (Read 1100392 times)
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
Re: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
« Reply #1075 on: 2008 November 27, 02:30:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is an item that has built-in fixes, of the serious and non-serious varieties, and built-in features, obviously of the non-essential variety.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: 2008 November 28, 01:30:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mainly I was wondering, wtf is "frobnication?"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: 2008 November 28, 05:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mainly I was wondering, wtf is "frobnication?"
Frobnication is the process of frobnicating. In the context of Sims, it allows you to manipulate attributes of Sims and objects in extreme raw, totally unsafe form. If you don't know why and how you want to do it, you don't want to do it. That's why it's buried in the Specials.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1078 on: 2008 December 14, 09:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim was having a yard sale.  I obviously didn't want him to restock anything so when an item sold, I either deleted it, or used the lot debugger option to clear stock signs en masse.  After a while I noticed I couldn't place things on various squares and had to go around with the stuckobjectremover to clean up.  Surely the 'clear stock signs' option shouldn't leave invisible junk behind?

Yard sales turn out to be good for building a reputation btw  The grumpy old fart is now very popular!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: 2008 December 14, 12:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Removing the restock signs does not actually remove the object ghost. That option is only there for removing the restock signs themselves, which occasionally get LOST IN SPACE.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Carida
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: 2009 January 01, 18:46:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but here goes.

I was wondering if an option to remove all platinum can be added? As in my sims are usually platinum within toddlerhood and thus are very boring and I can't make them as miserable as I'd like. And this is from the aspiration points with the secondary aspiration and all that.

This is not the platinum you receive as a result of gaining your life time want. Its the one you receive from getting all your aspiration points.

Well if it cannot be done I understand, thanks for reading.

-C
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: 2009 January 01, 20:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Already exists; there's an option to toggle the platinum bit under the wants menu.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: 2009 January 01, 20:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Carida, if you want your toddlers to be miserable, just do not fulfill any of their wants. It is as simple as that.

More F than you
Carida
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: 2009 January 01, 21:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you both for your answers.

Hmm I've searched the box extensively and never found it but I'll look again! Miserable toddlers here we come.

Thank you again,

-C
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: 2009 January 03, 14:48:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The hell? How the fuck do you fill a toddler's LTA meter in *4* days? That's not even possible by the numbers for accumulation given!

Carida
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: 2009 January 04, 07:00:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've already had two permanent platinum toddlers.

Perhaps its a problem in my game? Or perhaps I"m just talented. Who knows.

-C

Edit: I also have the Timeclock installed which slows down time to whatever you prefer. I generally prefer slowing it down to 50% which gives me extra time to get everything done. No idea otherwise.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 04, 07:18:01 by Carida » Logged
Sette
Asinine Airhead

AKA Skankmelon AKA jackass

View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: 2009 January 04, 09:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The hell? How the fuck do you fill a toddler's LTA meter in *4* days? That's not even possible by the numbers for accumulation given!
I've already had two permanent platinum toddlers.

Huh?  Sims don't get an LTA until they are a teen, thus cannot get PermaPlat.

Perhaps its a problem in my game?

Either your game is borked, or you are paying too much attention to your tykes, thus, not allowing aspiration decay.
Carida
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: 2009 January 04, 09:30:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could be either or to be honest. I've already had three games go up in flames.

But thinking of these specific toddlers, after they were taught to walk, talk, potty, they were pretty much left in their room to amuse themselves how they like and only sought out to be changed. So it could be that the game was broken.

At this point, both toddlers are gone as I've started fresh hoping that such doesn't occur again.

I had this happen with a whole family. Toddlers, adults, teens. All perm platinum. And it won't go down. At this point I won't choose a second aspiration just to keep it from happening. Also seems to be the only way it doesn't.

-C
Sette
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: 2009 January 04, 10:19:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could be either or to be honest. I've already had three games go up in flames.

But thinking of these specific toddlers, after they were taught to walk, talk, potty, they were pretty much left in their room to amuse themselves how they like and only sought out to be changed. So it could be that the game was broken.

At this point, both toddlers are gone as I've started fresh hoping that such doesn't occur again.

I had this happen with a whole family. Toddlers, adults, teens. All perm platinum. And it won't go down. At this point I won't choose a second aspiration just to keep it from happening. Also seems to be the only way it doesn't.

-C

In an earlier post you stated you wanted 'miserable children', so don't teach them to walk, talk, and so-on.

As for the strategy of "I'm-not-going-do-this-or-that-ingame-because-it's-broken", it stinks.
If you've blown up three games already, and perhaps a fourth, are you not ready to learn how to NOT blow it up?
Your game is buggy, so fix it.  A MATY member claimed It had a NH into it's 12th. generation.
Personally, I'd rather have 12 gens. rather than start over every time my NH is getting well established.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: 2009 January 04, 10:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: I also have the Timeclock installed which slows down time to whatever you prefer. I generally prefer slowing it down to 50% which gives me extra time to get everything done. No idea otherwise.

Is that TimeClock updated for your most recent EP?

There was someone else a while ago complaining that her toddlers were hitting Platinum Life Time Aspiration, she had also extended the time her sims spent as toddlers.  In her case it was a problem of satisfying too many wants - if she let her toddlers be miserable (or if she hadn't extended the toddler stage) then they wouldn't have hit permaplat as toddlers.

Part of the problem would also be the gain x skillpoint, gain x+1 skillpoint wants that toddlers can now roll, so they sit there continually skilling and gaining aspiration/LTA.  Perhaps you could try giving them only non-skilling toys, and don't teach them to walk or talk.  They earn LTA for learning to walk/talk/potty even if they don't currently have a want for it.  If they currently have a want when they learn these skills, they get an additional LTA boost from the aspiration boost for satisfying the want.

Huh?  Sims don't get an LTA until they are a teen, thus cannot get PermaPlat.

Since Free Time sims can hit permaplat in three ways.  Hitting their LTW (which they don't get until teens), maxing out their LTA meter (introduced in FT), or from a genie wish.  Carida's problem is that her toddlers are hitting permaplat the second way.  It is possible to do so if you extend the toddler stage, satisfy their wants, and keep their aspiration high most of the time.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Sette
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: 2009 January 04, 12:09:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since Free Time sims can hit permaplat in three ways.  Hitting their LTW (which they don't get until teens), maxing out their LTA meter (introduced in FT), or from a genie wish.  Carida's problem is that her toddlers are hitting permaplat the second way.  It is possible to do so if you extend the toddler stage, satisfy their wants, and keep their aspiration high most of the time.

Oops, I confused LTW with the new LTA, and I've learnt something new.  I guess I've been spending too much time debugging my installation instead of actually playing.  I didn't know an infant can go PermaPlat with FT, and it's a stupid feature.
For me, once a Sim gets PermaPlat, some of the fun disappears.  I find the Sim can spend the rest of their days partying and socializing, and ignore all other SWAFs.  Unless there's a business involved, the incentive to maintain the Sim is gone.  It's like playing out an Elder waiting for death.

I wonder if there are any people who know how to write something to put into the game that may imped, or prevent, this pre-teen permaplat annoyance?
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: 2009 January 04, 13:00:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The two people that I can recall complaining about it were both using mods that changed the way time works in the game.  One of them had extended the number of days spent in each life stage.  The other is Carida, who is using the time clock set at 50%.  If they weren't messing with the time or the number of days in the toddler lifestage then their toddlers wouldn't be permaplatting.  As Pescado said, there simply isn't enough time in the toddler stage under normal gameplay to max out the LTA that early.

I believe there are mods about to deal with the permaplat issue, but I don't know for sure as I don't use them.  You could go ask in the WCIF thread if such mods exist.  Don't be surprised if someone with your "sense of humour" replies with an unhelpful "yes".

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
Sette
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: 2009 January 04, 13:42:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe there are mods about to deal with the permaplat issue, but I don't know for sure as I don't use them.

Heh, I just spent the time since my last post searching for a hack for this annoyance, but no luck yet.  I sure I'm not the only person who doesn't agree with infants getting permaplat.  I'd want to prevent it from occurring pre-adult, and preferably Awesome.  I'm having a hard enough time debugging (only one left) so I can keep my non-Awesome InSim multi-tool, but I've got Inge's mods downloaded just in case I admit defeat.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: 2009 January 04, 14:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: ask in WCIF!
« Last Edit: 2009 January 04, 15:21:10 by Roux » Logged

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: 2009 January 04, 14:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Roux, I wanted him/her to go to the WCIF thread, because he/she deserves some payback there.

When he/she asks "Is there a mod that ..." someone can reply
Yes.

And then when he/she complains about the unhelpful nature of the answer he/she can be told to:
get a fucking sense of humour.

After all, if they think it's funny when they do it to others then they should find it funny when someone does it to them.  We'd be providing them with lulz.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 04, 14:50:48 by Kyna » Logged

Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: 2009 January 04, 15:19:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, you're totally right, Kyna. Apologies for not doing my part to contribute to lulz... I'll modify my post as penance. Smiley

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: 2009 January 04, 17:10:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, what? There's no such thing, and it's not possible to "slow down time" without massively borking the game, because the game is locked to 1800 ticks per hour. Any attempt to change this will massively break the game, which is no doubt what you're seeing: Trying to "slow the game down" would cause time to repeatedly loop itself several times as it is repeatedly set back.

In short, DON'T DO THIS.

Carida
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: 2009 January 05, 13:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Kyna for your responses. They are very much appreciated. I'm going to try that.

And thank you Pescado, as I wasn't aware that the timeclock would actually break the game. Since it was never stated in its readme.

And actually no, the timeclock as not been updated for anything as far as I know since it seemed that it was never needed to be updated.

And I'll remove it then, if that's the key that's been breaking my games all along. And yes, actually Sette, I would like to learn so that my games do not go up in flames, since I would prefer not to put hours into it, only to find then that its unplayable.

Thank you all again.

-C
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: 2009 January 05, 13:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Carida, if you're using Merola's time clock, I had a look on MTS2 and it appears that that mod hasn't been updated since September 2005.  Personally I wouldn't use a mod that old unless the creator was still around to say "This mod is still good, it hasn't been broken by any EPs, and it still works as designed with no unintended side effects".

Every time you add a new EP to your game you need to check that the mods you use are compatible with your latest EP.  Every EP has introduced new features which has broken some mods so that they no longer work, or so that they cause unintended side effects.  An unintended side effect of the time clock you have chosen to use is that with FreeTime (or a later EP) you get your perma-plat toddler problem.

The first step in preventing breaking your game is to ensure that all your mods are up to date and compatible with the EPs you have installed.  Go back to where you got your mods and make sure you have the latest version of them installed.  If the creator hasn't stated that the mod is still compatible with your latest EP, then get rid of it.  Some outdated mods may appear to work fine on the surface (and people may have posted "this still works fine in my game"), but under the surface these outdated mods could be corrupting your game data.

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: 2009 January 06, 00:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed a new option to "clear boring" gossip.  Does that do what I think it does?  lol  What I mean is that I would guess that it clears all gossip memories of "moved in" and "met sim".  Am I right?

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: